╌>

The Kurdish-Israel Relationship: Former covert Israeli forces 'training Kurds in Iraq' (during Iraq War)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  9 comments

The Kurdish-Israel Relationship: Former covert Israeli forces 'training Kurds in Iraq' (during Iraq War)
Israeli firms are carrying out military training activities in Kurdish areas of north Iraq - dozens of former members of Israel's elite and covert forces were training Kurdish fighters in anti-terrorism techniques.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Duvdevan learn how to "appear out of thin air" (Photo: Ynet, Gadi Gabalo )

Notes:

1.Since the seeded article did not have any photos, I used this photo from an excellent article in Ynet on the Israel special forces.(" The IDF as you've never seen it before ") This group "Duvdevan" may or may not be the group mentioned here in this seeded article. 

2. The seeded article is about Israel's special relationship with the Kurds of Iraq-- it was published in the UK leftist publication The Guardian in 2005.

Israeli firms are carrying out military training and commercial activities in Kurdish areas of north Iraq, according to reports in an Israeli newspaper. Yedioth Ahronoth reported yesterday that dozens of former members of Israel's elite and covert forces were training Kurdish fighters in anti-terrorism techniques.

Other companies, the newspaper said, were involved in telecommunications and infrastructure projects such as the building of an airport at Irbil.

Iraq and Israel are still officially at war, though since the 1960s  Israel  and the Iraqi Kurds have had a relationship. A spokesman for the Israeli foreign ministry said his country had no relationship with the new Iraq and it remained "at war".

Notice:to NT trolls (and troll-wannabees): I am usually pretty easy about allowing off topic comments, but there's a lot of potential information available here so I will be deleting any attempts at derails.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Israeli firms are carrying out military training and commercial activities in Kurdish areas of north Iraq, according to reports in an Israeli newspaper. Yedioth Ahronoth reported yesterday that dozens of former members of Israel's elite and covert forces were training Kurdish fighters in anti-terrorism techniques.

The Israelis have developed some of the best techniques in fighting against  "asymmetrical warfare" (terrorism). They've had to learn these techniques because of experience-- they "live in a tough neighbourhood",. To this day they regularly train with their allies and share the special skills they've learned.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Iraq and Israel are still officially at war, though since the 1960s    Israel  and the Iraqi Kurds have had a relationship. spokesman for the Israeli foreign ministry said his country had no relationship with the new Iraq and it remained "at war"

When Israel gained independence from their British occupiers in 1844, several Arab countries simultaneously attacked them in an attempt "To drive the Jews into the sea". (Incidentally two of those the Arab countries also ended up occupying The West Bank and Gaza-- thus preventing the formation of a new country of "Palestine" which was supposed to be created at the same time as the re-establishment of Israel).

The five major Arab combatants steadfastly refused to even negotiate a peace treaty with Israel-- to them the establishment of of non-Muslim majority country in the region was scandalous! So for years there was an official state of war which the Arabs insisted on having with Israel.

It was only after The Six Day War (June 1967) when Israel ended up occupying all of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula that Egypt was forced to make peace in order to get the Sinai back. 

Syria, Lebanon and Iraq still insist to this day that they are in an official "State of War" with Israel-- and refuse to even negotiate.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

1844?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    5 years ago

typo.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4  FLYNAVY1    5 years ago

Excellent piece Krishna..... Thanks

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4    5 years ago

You're welcome! :-)

To those reading FLYNAVY1's comment: previously E had posted some information about the Middle east that is not widely known. (It about the israeli attack on Iraq's nuclear reactor, so he asked that I post more things I know about the situation in the Middle East that are not well known-- at least by most Americans). 

This is the first article  re; that request I've seeded-- stay tuned there will be more.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.1    5 years ago

I think next I seed something about Saddam's nuclear programme.

Or how he actually used banned WMDs....

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Turns out Israel has sent Zohan to Syria to train Kurds! 😄