╌>

County Official Rants About A 'Queer' Running For President, Loss Of White Men's Rights

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  15 comments

County Official Rants About A 'Queer' Running For President, Loss Of White Men's Rights

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1   Amanda Terkel, HuffPost   1 hour 21 minutes ago  

A county commissioner in Tennessee launched a tirade against the Democratic presidential field and the general state of white men in America on Monday during a debate about guns. 

Warren Hurst, who sits on the Sevier County Commission, spoke up during a discussion on an upcoming vote to become a gun sanctuary city. He told the crowd, many of whom were holding little American flags, that it was time to “wake up people.”

We got a queer running for president  if that ain’t about as ugly as you can get,” he said, in comments captured by Knoxville-based station WVLT. “Look what we got running for president in the Democratic Party. We can go over here to Hoss’ jail [the Sevier County sheriff] and get better people out of there than those running for [the] Democratic [nomination] to be president of the United States.”

Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is running in the Democratic primary. If elected, he would be the first openly gay president. His campaign didn’t immediately return a request for comment.

At least one woman objected to Hurst’s remarks and stormed out, but others applauded and agreed with him. 

“I’m not prejudiced, but by golly, a white male in this country has very few rights and they’re getting took more every day,” the commissioner added.

In  a follow-up interview with WVLT , he stood by his comments and noted that he has some Black friends. HuffPost repeatedly attempted to contact Hurst, but his line was busy. 

Love HuffPost? Become a founding member of HuffPost Plus today.

This article originally appeared on  HuffPost .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

“I’m not prejudiced, but by golly, a white male in this country has very few rights and they’re getting took more every day,” the commissioner added.

Golly he's so literate and polished and diplomatic.  He's quite the wordsmith.  

He should run for president.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

He sure has the bad grammar for it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    5 years ago
He sure has the bad grammar for it.

Nah, it's ok. I think "they’re getting took" would be the Hillbilly Present Continuous tense.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

By golly could you tell us which rights those queers took away from your prejudiced WHITE ass?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2.1    5 years ago

Should have called him a fudge packer.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3  Freefaller    5 years ago

Maybe he should tell everyone which rights he's had taken away because of homosexuals

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

"Getting took more every day"?

Damn! I thought my English was bad

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    5 years ago

Typical southern ass backwards red neck "family values" official...how many skeletons does this fine specimen of a white man have in his closet...or maybe he should come out of the closet....do I hear dueling banjos

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  lady in black @5    5 years ago

Toothless Man: He got a real pretty mouth ain't he?  

They ought to do a remake with Mitch McConnell playing the part of Ned Beatty                                       

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    5 years ago

People that complain about them queers spend way to much time thinking about it.

They usually have several skeletons in their closet.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago
“I’m not prejudiced, but . . . "

But clearly he is.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
8  Steve Ott    5 years ago

a white male in this country has very few rights

White males lost all their "rights'? God, this sounds so much like my family I can't stand it. What they have lost is their status as top dog, though by god, they keep trying.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     5 years ago

Oh my, the poor white man has lost all his rights. What a frickin load of BS. The only thing that he's lost is what little intelligence he had. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @9    5 years ago

When you ask these people exactly what rights they have lost , they suddenly become tongue tied or develop amnesia.