╌>

'People come for the selfies but won't pay $2 for pizza'

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  it-is-me  •  5 years ago  •  4 comments

By:   BBC News

'People come for the selfies but won't pay $2 for pizza'
"I would ask people why they came and they said they saw us on the internet and they were here to help."

This is so "Entertaining to read" !

Fake …… Caring …… Helpers ! jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

"Look at me....I was there" …… ONCE !

"Ain't I Great for Caring and Helping with my Iphone" ? jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Folks are just WONDERFUL these days. Anything for a "I feel good now" selfie ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

"When we became viral we went from making $50 (£40) a day to $4,000 (£3,090) day. It was a real shock and I had to take on more staff, get more food in and really ramp everything up," says Fixter.

It was a strange time, as the new customers would get frustrated at the length of the queues, she says.
"I would ask people why they came and they said they saw us on the internet and they were here to help. Yet they would get upset at the fact they had to wait in line."

But that peak lasted just two weeks.

And while the restaurant remains "instafamous", with people just checking in on social media or taking a picture to prove they made it to this hotspot, they're not buying anything.

Ms Fixter says: "People come by still as they want to take selfies and they take pictures of the food and the site but they aren't coming for the full experience. They are not engaging with the staff.

"It was great to see the social media attention but we became a trend for those weeks. After that peak we went back to the way it was, and right now, we are barely covering our rent let alone staff costs.

"We had a guy come in the other day who took a selfie, ordered a pizza, cancelled it and left. Is it really that hard to order a $2 pizza?"

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    5 years ago

Unbelievable ! jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg