╌>

Thor the bulldog wins National Dog Show, drops hammer on 2,000 other good boys and girls

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  5 years ago  •  22 comments

By:   Alex Johnson

Thor the bulldog wins National Dog Show, drops hammer on 2,000 other good boys and girls
Diamond Gold Majesu Pisko Bulls, a 2-year-old, 60-pound tan and white bulldog better known as Thor, took Best in Show at the annual competition.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
1  Kavika     5 years ago

95% of all English bulldogs need artificial insemination, and a c-section to deliver. We've bred them for some extreme physical traits that make it now nearly impossible for them to breed on their own. And worse, the pups' heads are usually very large and the mother cant pass them down the birth canal. 

I really don't see physical attributes that make this dog a winner. The human intervention that sets up the need for artificial insemination and c-section to deliver is, IMO, ignorant. 

If you want a dog with size, power, intelligence and faithful this is your dog.

The American Staffordshire Terrier. 

1459986411_7565_7522.jpg

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @1    5 years ago

Almost all dog breeds are human inventions. It started towards the end of the 19th century and still continues today. 

Here is an interesting facto. Cat breeds, on the other hand, are naturally occurring, and are due to the regions of the world they come from. 

Check out the list, and see where the breed came from. There are some that are crossbreeds. My Wally is a crossbreed. He's a snowshoe and they are siamese with bi-color. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @1    5 years ago
The American Staffordshire Terrier. 

Also known as a pit bull?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Kavika   replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago

Staffordshire Bull Terrier Vs Pitbull

By   Posted on

staffordshire-bull-terrier-vs-pitbull.jp

Any dog in the bully breed can be classified as a   pit bull , and all are derived from dogs that were originally a cross between some type of bulldog and a   terrier . The American Kennel Club does not recognize the American   Pit Bull Terrier , but does acknowledge a very similar breed, the   Staffordshire terrier .
Staffordshire bull terriers   and American   pit bull   terriers — commonly known as pit bulls — may look similar at first glance, but they're two distinct breeds. Although .
Staffordshire bull terriers   and   pit bull   terriers have a lot in common with one another, both physically and in terms of personality. Each is stocky, strong, with a .
The   Staffordshire Bull Terrier , aka the Staffie, is a smooth-coated, active, and agile dog with great strength for his size. This is a courageous, extremely obedient, .
There is some difference of opinion on this topic. The two dogs appear to be quite similar, in fact the   Staffordshire Bull Terrier   may be the ancestor of the   Pit Bull  .

There is also the English Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier and American Bulldog are closely related to the Staffordshire Terrier and the pit bull.

Bull Terrier

Bull+Terrier-breed.jpg

American Bulldog

%D7%91%D7%95%D7%9C%D7%93%D7%95%D7%92_%D7

English Staffordshire Terrier.

22496907_10214578151507046_2072195958_o-

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    5 years ago

He's so cute ! 

He just kept glancing up at his owner after they one.

"We did good....didn't we Dad" ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5.1  Freefaller  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago
"We did good....didn't we Dad" !

Lol or possibly "We did good...please don't cut off my balls"

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Freefaller @5.1    5 years ago

Don't snip a champion ! To much money lost if one does !

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Freefaller @5.1    5 years ago
please don't cut off my balls

Oh, they won't. Breeding is the whole point of these shows. If you're not into that, though, there are other events, like rally (agility), obedience, herding, etc., where that isn't the primary focus. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Freefaller  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.2    5 years ago

Lol I know, I was just joshin

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

My 1SG had a bulldog named Bo.  His office was on the first floor and one day Bo came flying out the open window and landed on the soft grass.  I was horrified and went to his office to see if Bo was okay.  As it turned out it was a  game they played.  Bo loved going out of the window after Top would toss him.  They would do this all day long.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago

Apparently, he was worthy.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

The fancy shows are for fancy purebreds - canine discrimination.  There should also be a mutt show.