╌>

15 Signs You’re A Beta-Male

Category:  Health, Science & Technology

Via:  kdmichigan  •  5 years ago  •  84 comments

By:   EMIL ANTON

15 Signs You’re A Beta-Male
The goal in life is not to bullshit yourself, to see reality for what it actually is and then proceed to make the necessary changes to get an advantage or an edge, today, we’re looking at the most popular traits which characterize a beta-male.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The goal in life is not to bullshit yourself, to see reality for what it actually is and then proceed to make the necessary changes to get an advantage or an edge, today, we’re looking at the most popular traits which characterize a beta-male.
First of all:
What is a Beta-Male?
The Beta-Male is an unremarkable, mediocre, careful man who avoids risk and confrontation. Beta males lack the physical presence, charisma, confidence and success associated with winners in life.
You’re probably thinking, “well, that doesn’t sound like me at all, I’m a winner, always have always will be!”
It’s time to put that to a test!
We made this article specifically for those of you who are struggling with this, we’re not talking about Gym Lads who can bench press twice their body weight, but instead we’re focusing on a more holistic approach.
Some might even mention that there are other categories like: Gama-Males and Omega-Males, but to be honest, if you’re not an Alpha, does it even matter what you call yourself?
We live in a world where everyone is becoming soft, not in a physical way – although that’s also happening – but in a moral way and from a mindset perspective.
People today are getting participation trophies and whenever faced with something difficult in their life they’d rather retreat than face it head on, because they lack the capability to deal with the situation directly.
It’s enough to go to any crowded spot and you’ll see them with their neck beards, in one hand holding a confusingly complicated cup of Starbucks coffee and in the other a donut while nonchalantly wearing a fedora.. Maybe we’re stretching a bit, but you know the type.
If you don’t feel like reading, here’s the video version of this post:

Well, it’s time to find out if you share the same traits as that guy and we’ll share some of the things you can do to improve your current situation. Here are 15 Signs You’re a Beta-Male & what to do about it!
Number 1: You don’t feel like your life is getting better and better
The first sign you’re a beta-male is that you’re unhappy with your life. You don’t wake up satisfied with what you’ve achieved & with your reality.

You’re probably living a boring life, where you have a repetitive job, that barely allows you to pay-rent and survive.
You look forward to the weekend because that’s the only time you escape the hamster running on a wheel lifestyle and even then you’re unlikely to do anything worth mentioning.

A Beta-Male feels trapped in this existence and for him life isn’t getting better by the day, he’s not closing in on the goals he had when he was younger, because he has already given up on those.
Here’s what to do about it:
If you’re life is not getting better and better, you might want to set 1 new objective for this year which involves you getting out of your comfort zone, something you’re even scared of doing and then dedicate your time and work to making it happen. If you do, you will prove to yourself that you are more than your current reality and start building momentum. With enough time you can improve your situation.
Number 2: You never faced your bullies
Most character traits form in childhood and stick around in your adult life. Most people get bullied in life, but guess what, you will have to deal with them throughout your life in different forms.

Bullying is bad, but they are part of your existence.
Look to your past and recall those moments, what did you do, how did you feel? Were you scared or did you stand up for yourself?

Bullies target the weak because they are easy targets, so if you’ve been bullied you probably were easy game.
It’s time to face that reality!
Now, did you change or does the same thing still happen today, only with a different cover on?
Once you realize bullies take it out on others because they don’t know how else to deal with their own crumbling reality, they no longer have power over you, it’s enough for you to face them once, stand up for yourself, prove you’re not gonna allow them to come after you they won’t bother you again or if they still do, they better get ready, because it ain’t gonna be as easy as they expect it.
Number 3: You rely on others like your family to make decisions for you
A common trait between beta-males is the lack of decision power, they fail to be in control of their lives. They’re scared of making their own decisions and usually let others make them for them.

Your parents pick your university, your parent approve of who you’re dating, your mom or girlfriend picks what you wear, so you end up becoming their idea of who you should be without being true to who you really are.
Give it enough time and these two slightly different personas start to clash within you and you end up miserable, because the life you are now living is not the life you want to live.
The beautiful thing about making your own decisions, is that even if the end result is less than what you were hoping for, you got it on your own, you have a clear image of what you are actually capable of and can now build on top of it.

Number 4: You are physically weak
Physical strength is often a contributing factor to self confidence. It happens to also be an indication of someone’s health.

As animals, ever since the earliest of days the opposite sex has been attracted to healthy specimen in order to procreate. This trait creates a feedback loop, because being fit & healthy brings in more attention and the more attention you get the confident you become.
At the other end of the spectrum lie the beta-males, who seem vulnerable and in a precarious state from a health perspective.
People do not want to be around other people who seem like they are unable to take care of themselves because they see them as a burden.
One of the most direct steps towards escaping the beta-male status is by getting healthy, cut the sugar, hit the gym once in a while, go running, shower often and you’ll see how the world is treating you differently.

Number 5: You are in the friendzone
It doesn’t get simpler than this, if you are in the friendzone, you’re a beta-male.

The truth is, most of you end up in the friendzone because all you do is act like a friend, not like a possible partner or lover. You have positioned yourself incorrectly and now you’re stuck here.
“But ALUX, i’m in the friendzone because I’m too nice, i’m not a douchebag”
No, you’re probably not as nice as you think you are. Just because you think of yourself as a nice guy it doesn’t mean the the world should see you the same way. For all we know, in her eyes you might look like a total loser, and you will maintain that image if you continue your current behavior, because it’s clearly not working.
Here’s a quick game-plan to never end up in the friendzone:
Make your intentions clear from the beginning – That’s actually it. Ask them out on a proper date, for you to know each other better, but don’t put yourself in the position of being her shoulder to cry on as she moves from boyfriend to boyfriend hoping at some point you’re gonna be next in line. That’s how most guys friendzone themselves.
Also, Being nice to someone doesn’t mean they should want to have sex with you – so if that’s the reason why you’re acting nice, then you’re an asshole.
As a beta-male you’ll be faced with situation a lot, because you’re not really sure about who you are and what kind of relationships to have with different people. The only way to break through this, is to just go for it, rejection early on will help you understand the rules of the game. Next time you try, be better prepared.
Here, this is why you can’t find love:

Number 6: You can’t to say NO & stand your ground.
Beta-males have a hard time saying NO to other people despite them not wanting to engage or what’s being asked goes against the beta’s interests.

Some hide under the mask that, again, they’re just “being nice” or being a “people pleaser”, but there’s a difference between acting for the general good of the group and doing something for someone else at your own expense.
This can happen at school, at work, in your family and in any type of relationship you might have.
If you don’t stand up for yourself and act in your best interests, don’t be shocked if you end up in a place where you are not valued, you are not happy and which you despise.
You gotta start saying NO to others and YES to yourself. This won’t make you self-centered, but you can’t help others if you don’t help yourself first.
Number 7: Even in your circle of friends, people make fun of you
It’s all fun and games until you realize that even in your circle of friend you are one of the weakest links and your friends treat you as such.

This can happen for a multitude of reasons, but even in your small circle of people who are just like you, there are small hierarchies.
Make sure to stand your ground and earn the respect of the group, do not simply demand it, because nobody has to give you anything.
Don’t be the friend that’s left walking alone behind the group, add real value to the squad and be treated as an equal.
Number 8: Your existence largely centers around pastimes like browsing the internet, anime, video games, or TV shows
There’s so much distraction around us that it is easy to get trapped in binge-watching everything on Netflix.

The beta-male is characterized by consuming a lot of junk which does nothing to increase his livelihood.
Despite what you’re thinking, all the memes on HugeLOL or 9Gag won’t make you smarter or a more interesting person.
Playing video games for 12 hours straight will not make you a better strategist at life.
Watching sports while eating Cheetos on your couch does nothing positive for your health.
Consume entertainment, but limit it do a small enough dose and instead put that time towards something productive. You’re doing this to yourself, locking yourself up in a mind state where you actively choose to escape reality because you are not pleased with the real thing.
The world looks down on these individuals, because you’re filled with potential but for some reason decided to throw it away because you’re lazy.
Number 9: You make excuses
If you say you’re going to do something then you better get to it. Nobody wants to be around someone who’s always looking for excuses, who’s lazy and doesn’t do his part.

Our word is our bond and every time you back out of something you said you’ll do, you’re devaluing it.
At one point you need to face the truth, you are always finding excuses when the real reason why you are not taking action is because you’re scared of failure or you’re just lazy.
Sooner or later, life will hit you like a brick because this kind of behavior not only is not rewarded in the real-world, but it’s gonna make it even more difficult for you to deal with the world.
Number 10: You have no sense of style
You can spot an alpha-male from a distance, he well groomed, well dressed, fit, with the right posture and attitude, in the sea of beta-males that surround him.

As a beta, you’re just barely passing by, you are an extra in this movie.
This is not about having expensive clothes, it’s about respecting yourself enough to take care of the way people perceive you.
Regular showers and baths can go a long way for most individuals.
Knowing how to buy the right type of clothes for each season, for your body type or occasion requires just a couple of minutes of research, which most people never choose to bother with.
Fashion is so cheap these days with fast-fashion brands like Zara or H&M leaving you with no excuse not to have appropriate clothes.
If this is something you’re currently struggling with, there’s a video on our channel called: 15 Things Every Man Should Do According to Tom Ford:

Number 11: You don’t look people in the eye and you’re nervous when you talk to them
Even now, your palms get sweaty thinking about it.

Looking people in the eye – in a not creepy way – during a conversation, let’s the other know that you value what they’re saying and that they have your attention. You take this conversation seriously and you are honest about your intentions.
It’s a sign of confidence in your own capabilities. You can tell that a person is hiding something or is disingenuous from the way he behaves in social interactions. If looking people in the eye when talking to them is something you find difficult, you’re likely to be a beta-male.
Number 12: You don’t get laid much and even when you do, it’s not that great.
Being a sexually active person is a sign of good health.

If you’ve checked off most of the boxes so far it isn’t a surprise that you don’t engage with the opposite sex, I mean, when would you?!.. when you’re spending most of your free time playing Fortnite or binge-watching anime series?
The woman of your dreams will not show up to your doorstep just presenting herself. You need to get out more, interact with others, try things, experiment, that way you get to learn new things about yourself and being around other people will get easier in time.
Go get laid, it’s great for both your physical health and for your mindset.
Number 13: Actually has a big ego – but you can’t control it
You must think that having a big ego is usually associated with alpha males, but it isn’t true. We all have Egos it’s just that some control it better than others.

Beta males have a big ego, but it usually backfires on them because they are insecure or too sensitive about everyone’s opinion about him. You can spot a beta-with a ego problem because he’ll always try to overcompensate by pushing forward his qualifications or awards.
They usually think they are better than everybody else, feel insulted if you question their abilities, but when things really come to shove he can’t put his money where his mouth is.
A true alpha doesn’t need to do that, because he is confident in his own abilities.
Number 14: You are a follower, not a leader
Beta-males are not the ones who take initiative, they usually wait for someone else to initiate and then jump on the bandwagon.

They rarely have original ideas and tend to live in the shadow of an alpha. He is unable to coordinate people or get them to follow his plan of action, because people disregard his ability to achieve results.
This often happens in companies where usually people rally behind those who manage to get the best results.
The world needs followers, otherwise we’ll all just be fighting for the title, but if you identify as a follower and not a leader, this usually correlates to being a Beta.
Number 15: You feel offended by this article
If anything we said in this article offends you or you had to stop reading because you were getting triggered, you’re a beta-male.

You’re offended by someone you’ve never met over the internet, because deep down you know we struck a chord somewhere too close to the truth and you’re aware of that.
With that said, we didn’t write this piece to offend anybody, but instead have it as a cold shower which should make everyone reflect on what their life is currently like and maybe find a few things to improve.
If you take a single piece of information from this article, tackle it head on and you’re life is better because of it, we are pleased with the end result.
There are two types of beta-males in the world, one who is aware of his situation and is looking to improve it or the ones who will never do anything about it.
Hopefully you aluxers are either an alpha or in the first category.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1  seeder  KDMichigan    5 years ago

I don't get why being BETA is all the rage? 

But the Beta must speak loudly to demean the Alpha to compensate for their self loathing.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  KDMichigan @1    5 years ago
I don't get why being BETA is all the rage? 

It isn't.

But the Beta must speak loudly to demean the Alpha to compensate for their self loathing.

Well....the alpha is going to give precisely zero fucks about what the pathetic people think, so it really doesn't matter if they make themselves heard or not.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2  seeder  KDMichigan    5 years ago

original

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @2    5 years ago

What's really hilarious is that I've no doubt most supposed "Alpha" males (those who imagine themselves as such) would consider virtually everything under "Mature Male (Alpha) as a totally pussy whipped Beta. Shares and cooperates with women, willing to listen and learn, Love motivated, Life is love-based, Sees themselves as a student of life, marries and shares values with women, able to process discomfort... 

While I agree, most of those things are wonderful to strive for, I just doubt many of those who consider themselves the "Alpha" males will apply any of them. The list of immature "Beta" male traits fit the grunting neanderthal "Alpha" male far better.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1    5 years ago
What's really hilarious is that I've no doubt most supposed "Alpha" males (those who imagine themselves as such) would consider virtually everything under "Mature Male (Alpha) as a totally pussy whipped Beta.

Well then they wouldn't be Alpha then would they?

The list of immature "Beta" male traits fit the grunting neanderthal "Alpha" male far better.

If you say so, whatever makes you feel better.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.1.2    5 years ago
Well that certainly sounds like a beta male speaking or am I wrong about that?

Me? Not at all. I just have a different view as to what makes one an Alpha. To me an Alpha isn't the one puffing out their chest but the one who is kind, smart, loyal, respectful, caring and observant. And not that it has anything to do with size, but at 6'2" 210 those who know me and my personality would definitely not described me as a "beta" and I would never self diagnose as such. However, I also don't self diagnose as an "Alpha" when defined the way many testosterone filled nut sacks who grew up focusing on their brawn instead of their brains do. It takes more strength to have empathy than it does to be an asshole.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.4  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.3    5 years ago
However, I also don't self diagnose as an "Alpha" when defined the way many testosterone filled nut sacks who grew up focusing on their brawn instead of their brains do. It takes more strength to have empathy than it does to be an asshole.

Obviously you are here to just give opinion and didn't even peruse anything, An Alpha wouldn't be a asshole...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.3    5 years ago

There are only two kinds of men, assholes and non assholes. 

This alpha, beta stuff, a bunch of nonsense. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @2    5 years ago

Ummm.. should I ask Suzie where she got her degree in psychology?

Because I have known  a lot of men who are who share all these qualities.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.2.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.2    5 years ago
Because I have known  a lot of men who are who share all these qualities.

So you know a lot of people with Dissociative identity disorder? Interesting.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.2  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.2    5 years ago
I have known  a lot of men who are who share all these qualities

Of course. Like every other characterization and description of human beings, there are an infinite number ways to be a man. It's not this or that.

user image
Freshman Silent
3      5 years ago

Women try to shame men into being beta males, then they complain when that's all there is left around. They think they can have an alpha in the sack that they can then lead around on a leash afterwards. Doesn't work that way. Sorry. Of course those women just cheat on their beta males so they get both anyways. That's life....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  @3    5 years ago

Egads... what kind of people do you know?

user image
Freshman Silent
3.1.1    replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    5 years ago

Millennials. I'm one of them sad to say. I'm an 80s millennial though so we tend to be very different from the 90s ones.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  @3.1.1    5 years ago
Millennials. I'm one of them sad to say. I'm an 80s millennial though so we tend to be very different from the 90s ones.

Well, I am glad to tell you that you are not a Millennial but really Gen X or some say Gen Y. 

user image
Freshman Silent
3.1.3    replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.2    5 years ago

According to google millennials are 1981 – 1996. Ive also heard 85-05

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  @3.1.3    5 years ago

My daughters were born in '94 and I think they are more typical of millennials

user image
Freshman Silent
3.1.5    replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.4    5 years ago

Yup. I say the 80s are different than the 90s because 80s millennials actually grew up and knew life before the internet. 90s millennials have never known a world without it. The difference is glaring to me

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Sunshine  replied to  @3.1.5    5 years ago
The difference is glaring to me

My kids where born in 83 and 85 and do not consider themselves millennials.  They detest it when thrown into that group just for the reason you stated.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  @3.1.5    5 years ago

It is true that my kids grew up only knowing the internet. I don't think that defines the kids of that generation. What does is who did or did not do their parenting. It was one of those tough nuts that we had to deal with when my girls were growing up. We were not parents who were our kids "friends". We were actually pretty strict, and very when compared to their friends. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.6    5 years ago

My daughters are marrying men, thank you. This idea that their generation wants to emasculate is ridiculous. What many of them are is egocentric and that I have no time for.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Thread deleted as off topic as requested by seeder. [ph]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6  Sunshine    5 years ago

Beta males are hard to work with.  You have to deal with their "feelings" constantly.  It is exhausting, so I try my best to stay away from them.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Sunshine @6    5 years ago
Beta males are hard to work with.  You have to deal with their "feelings" constantly.  It is exhausting, so I try my best to stay away from them.

This.

And it's irritating as hell.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jack_TX @6.2    5 years ago

This is all cracking me up. 

I'd love to see all you alphas out there. I mean current photos. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  Sunshine  replied to  Jack_TX @6.2    5 years ago
And it's irritating as hell.

It sure is.  From the article...Beta males have a big ego.  Most would say that of an Alpha Male, but I agree with the article.

user image
Freshman Silent
6.2.4    replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.2.1    5 years ago

What does appearances have to do with anything? Being alpha male is more about behavior than appearance.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2.5  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  @6.2.4    5 years ago
Being alpha male is more about behavior than appearance.

exactly.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  @6.2.4    5 years ago

Well according to some of these articles, they are tall, built, handsome, and have a lot of testosterone. Go back to some of the other articles. Then check back here.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @6.2.5    5 years ago

Being alpha male is more about behavior than appearance.

I have been saying that.. and yet I read comments about appearances. 

And for the record, you can't have a room full of alphas. It just doesn't work that way

user image
Freshman Silent
6.2.8    replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.2.6    5 years ago

I think a lot of alpha males tend to have those attributes which likely contributes to their success and them becoming alpha. There are a bunch of big guys that I wouldn't want to fight with, who let their wives/girlfriends boss them around like puppy dogs. Alpha male is a state of mind. Someone who is not going to be led around and accomplishes his own victories and makes his own path. Bill Gates may not look like an alpha male, but he will shit on anybody who tries to compete with him in the tech industry. That's alpha mentality right there

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2.9  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.2.7    5 years ago
And for the record, you can't have a room full of alphas. It just doesn't work that way

I think your wrong. Alpha is a frame of mind. It doesn't mean every person has to submit to the biggest Alpha. We are talking people not a wolf pack.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.2.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @6.2.9    5 years ago
We are talking people not a wolf pack.

But that is where the whole theory came from. That there is a born leader (the alpha) and everyone else is either a follower or a lone wolf. That is why most psychology doesn't really believe in this anymore.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
6.2.11  Revillug  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.2.10    5 years ago

Lead, follow or get out of the way!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.2.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  @6.2.8    5 years ago
Alpha male is a state of mind. Someone who is not going to be led around and accomplishes his own victories and makes his own path. Bill Gates may not look like an alpha male, but he will shit on anybody who tries to compete with him in the tech industry. That's alpha mentality right there

Now there we totally agree!

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7  Revillug    5 years ago

Well, here we have it folks. Look no further!

New Talkers is your one stop shop for all your Alpha Male needs.

Because everyone knows that Alpha Males spend their days trolling Beta Males in chat rooms on the internet.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
7.3  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Revillug @7    5 years ago

With all the talk on how awful it is to be a Alpha male on NT I just had to seed a Beta male comment. 

[ deleted ]

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7.3.1  Revillug  replied to  KDMichigan @7.3    5 years ago
With all the talk on how awful it is to be a Alpha male on NT I just had to seed a Beta male comment. 

I've been away from the Newsvine ecosystem for quite some time and have been quite surprised to see all the talking about Alphas and Betas.

Anybody out there still watching The Walking Dead on AMC? Two of the main characters in this past season are named Alpha and Beta.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7.3.2  Freefaller  replied to  Revillug @7.3.1    5 years ago
Anybody out there still watching The Walking Dead on AMC? Two of the main characters in this past season are named Alpha and Beta.

Yup still watching, and just to throw a wrench into this seed there is also a Gamma now

Revillug
Freshman Participates
7.3.3  Revillug  replied to  Freefaller @7.3.2    5 years ago
there is also a Gamma now

I think I missed that. Might need to re-watch the last episode.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7.3.4  Freefaller  replied to  Revillug @7.3.3    5 years ago

It's the red headed Whisperer and I think she was made Gamma in about the 4th (ish) last episode after saving Alpha's life

Ender
Professor Principal
10  Ender    5 years ago
David Mech introduced the idea of the alpha to describe behavior observed in captive animals. Alphas, he wrote in his 1970 book "The Wolf: Ecology and Behavior of an Endangered Species," win control of their packs in violent fights with other males.

But, as he outlined in a   1999 paper , he's since rejected that idea in light of research into the behavior of wolves in the wild.

In nature, Mech writes, wolves split off from their packs when they mature, and seek out opposite-sex companions with whom to form new packs. The male and female co-dominate the new pack for a much simpler, more peaceful reason: They're the parents of all the pups.

Mech writes on his website (with the lovely title  Wolf News and Info ) that his original book is "currently still in print, despite my numerous pleas to the publisher to stop publishing it."

Another Twitter user, Mike Westphal, pointed out another paper on the misuse of the phrase "alpha males" to describe breeding roosters.

In the 2003 book " Sexual Selections: What We Can and Can't Learn about Sex from Animals ," the biologist Marlene Zuk points out that social groups of hens do have "pecking orders." That is, hierarchies among the females with dominance asserted through pecking.

But roosters are not part of those social groups, Zuk writes, and the idea that the top hen is somehow an "alpha male" bizarrely misgenders the dominant bird.

All of which is to say: Humans who enjoy the idea of "alpha males" might want to keep in mind that there isn't really any such thing. And to the extent the term has any meaning at all, it describes the behavior of captive, lonely creatures.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
10.1  seeder  KDMichigan  replied to  Ender @10    5 years ago

Nice comment, try reading the seed and not the headline.

Ender
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Ender  replied to  KDMichigan @10.1    5 years ago

I tried. Hard to read what sounds like it belongs on an incel forum.

So we now have three or four seeds about this.

I am just pointing out the man that coined the phrase debunks it.

lib50
Professor Silent
11  lib50    5 years ago

If someone claims to be an alpha male, first clue they probably aren't.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
12  Tacos!    5 years ago

I guess you might be beta if you worry about this shit. /s

My advice is stop worrying about the labels and just be you.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
12.1  Revillug  replied to  Tacos! @12    5 years ago
I guess you might be beta if you worry about this shit. /s

Or you might just spend too much time hanging around with the wrong dudes.

Ender
Professor Principal
12.2  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @12    5 years ago

Best advice yet Mr Taco.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
13  Freefaller    5 years ago

So just reviewed the list and it seems possible to me that lots of stereotypical way "Out" there gays would qualify as Alphas.  Hmmmm.