╌>

Why Did I Lock the Impeachment Poll and Movie Quiz Articles?

Category:  Other

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  13 comments

Why Did I Lock the Impeachment Poll and Movie Quiz Articles?

The Movie Quiz article was locked, but it directed members to send their answers in a Private Note to me.  So many times I have posted a movie quiz and asked that members NOT post their answers as a comment, because that ruins the quiz for all subsequent members, yet someone invariably does not bother to read that and goes ahead and posts their answers as a comment.  I felt that the only way to prevent that was to lock the article and guide members to send me a Private Note, and I said I would reply to it with their score and the correct answers.   However, it has been posted for quite a while now and nobody has bothered to even TRY to answer the quiz.  Maybe it was just beyond their ability.

The Poll itself is not locked. But the article that DIRECTS members to the poll is locked.  Thankfully, at least 4 members have since its been posted been able to figure that out.  If I hadn't locked the article that is just an invitation to try the poll and a link to access it, members here would probably just post a comment on the invitation.  That tendency was determined by another member who discovered that the members couldn't find the poll she had posted so didn't bother with it.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Movie Quiz and Impeachment Poll.  Isn't anyone interested?

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago
Movie Quiz and Impeachment Poll.  Isn't anyone interested?

Lol, No and Hell No in that order

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Buzz, I looked at movie quiz. And I thought about filling it out, but remembered that in the past you have used movies that not too many people think about in 2019. I like movies from the 40's and 50's too, but very few people remember details that you do or in some cases have never even seen the movies you use. 

Maybe I'm wrong, only the answers will tell the tale about that.  Why dont you try and make one using popular movies that most people have seen within the last 10 or 20 years? I bet you people would play. 

As for impeachment, I didnt see the poll but I vote Trump gets pantsed in the middle of 5th avenue right after he is sent packing from his job as president*. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

I bet you could have answered most of the questions if you would try the quiz.  I posted a quiz that was impossible to cheat on, whether using google for quotations, or specific items or screen shot identification using sites like Tin Eye.  It's true that a person may have had to see the movies in order to pass the quiz and in that regard MOST of the questions were for movies that were famous enough and popular enough that most members would have seen them or be sufficiently aware of in order to at least guess at an answer.  Please try the quiz so I can see if I should even bother trying to prepare them unless a 12 year old could figure out the answers.  Use a PN and I won't eventually post your score if you don't want me to.  I just want to see if it's POSSIBLE to pass it.  Using two clues for each one gives even more information and makes it easier than the single clue that you said was fair previously, like "shower" or "transit".

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago
Trump gets pantsed in the middle of 5th avenue

Hahahahahaha!!!!  And PS:  I agree.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  author  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

The poll at this point with a little more than a day to go indicated 5 in favour of ending the Impeachment process, and 2 were in favour of continuing it.   

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1  pat wilson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    5 years ago

Where's the poll ?

bccrane
Freshman Silent
3.1.1  bccrane  replied to  pat wilson @3.1    5 years ago

Click on Buzz's link above and go to his articles and you'll find the poll.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson @3.1    5 years ago

The gateway to the poll is an article near the bottom of the ones on the Front Page.  Just scroll down to the bottom and you will see the invitation to the poll with the link to the actual poll.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.3  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.2    5 years ago

The Poll has had a four day run, and is now closed.  The votes are 7 in favour of terminating the impeachment process while 3 prefer to continue it.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.3    5 years ago

I missed your poll.

make it 8 - 3

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.5  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.4    5 years ago

So be it.