╌>

BREAKING: Trump Removes Acting Chief Of Staff; Chooses Mark Meadows To Replace

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  4 years ago  •  12 comments

BREAKING: Trump Removes Acting Chief Of Staff; Chooses Mark Meadows To Replace
Moments ago, President Trump removed Mick Mulvaney as acting Chief of Staff and immediately named MARK MEADOWS to the post.

This is good news. I like the move.  Meadows is awesome! 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

5e62faf1b3f32donald-trump-february-2020-

Moments ago, President Trump removed Mick Mulvaney as acting Chief of Staff and immediately named MARK MEADOWS to the post.

Here is his breaking news post he sent on Twitter:

"I am pleased to announce that Congressman Mark Meadows will become White House Chief of Staff. I have long known and worked with Mark, and the relationship is a very good one. I want to thank Acting Chief Mick Mulvaney for having served the Administration so well. He will become the United States Special Envoy for Northern Ireland. Thank you!"

Here's his original tweet:

Charlie Kirk had this to say about how supportive Meadows will be as Chief of Staff:

Mark Meadows is set to become the newest White House Chief of Staff This is a massive win for the MAGA Doctrine moving forward. R ep Mark Meadow  is one of D.C.’s greatest freedom fighters 

This is still a developing story. Stay tuned for more...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

Trump announces Mark Meadows to replace Mick Mulvaney as White House chief of staff

2 hours ago

President Trump made a surprise announcement on Friday night that Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., would become his new White House chief of staff, replacing acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney.

"I am pleased to announce that Congressman Mark Meadows will become White House Chief of Staff. I have long known and worked with Mark, and the relationship is a very good one," Trump tweeted.

Meadows has become one of Trump's most loyal defenders on Capitol Hill, particularly during the monthslong impeachment battle that ultimately ended with an acquittal in February.  In a statement, Meadows said it was an "honor" to selected by President Trump.

"This President and his administration have a long list of incredible victories they've delivered to the country during this first term, with the best yet to come -- and I look forward to helping build on that success and staying in the fight for the forgotten men and women of America," he said.

Meadows said Mulvaney did a "great job," and he also thanked his constituents in western North Carolina.

"In particular, I want to recognize my friend Mick Mulvaney. Mick is smart, principled, and as tough a fighter you'll find in Washington, D.C. He did a great job leading the President's team through a tremendous period of accomplishment over the last year-plus," the lawmaker said.

"Lastly, I want to thank the people of western North Carolina," he added. "Serving you in Congress has been the honor of my life. It may be in a different role, but I'll continue working every day to deliver results for you -- and main street Americans all over the country -- in the months and years to come."

Meadows, 60, had announced in December that he planned to leave Congress at the end of his current term. He has represented North Carolina's 11th Congressional District since 2013. He also chaired the House Freedom Caucus from 2017 until earlier this year, when he was succeeded by Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz.

It was unclear if Mulvaney will remain as head of the OMB or if the department's deputy director, Russell Vought, will assume the role.

The White House did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    4 years ago
Mark Meadows is set to become the newest White House Chief of Staff This is a massive win for the MAGA Doctrine moving forward. R ep Mark Meadow  is one of D.C.’s greatest freedom fighters 

nice baloney sandwich

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago

Meadows is an awesome freedom fighter. He’s a great American and so is President Trump.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    4 years ago

Meadows is an awesome freedom fighter. He’s a great American and so is President Trump.  

The House Ethics Committee found Rep. Mark Meadows failed to take “prompt and decisive action” to handle alleged sexual harassment in his congressional office, according to a Friday report.

The committee also found Meadows violated House rules by failing to take action to ensure his office was not engaging in discrimination.

Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day: Mark Meadows- 2019 Update

Perhaps his most infamous moment, though, came during Congressional testimony over healthcare plans for the Affordable Care Act, where he raged against the idea that men should have to pay an equal amount for insurance plans as women, and they have the nerve to also ask that they get maternity coverage on their insurance, when he doesn’t need it

Why was he selected?  Because he is a racist, misogynist, and corrupt to the core.  Birds of a feather so to speak.

May 2nd, 2018: Mark Meadows is one of 18 Republicans who sign on to a letter asking to nominate Donald Trump for a Nobel Prize for meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

July 24th, 2018: Rep. Meadows is one of the few Republicans insane enough to defend Donald Trump after the disastrous summit he had with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki.

July 28th, 2018: Mark Meadows calls for the impeachment of Rod Rosenstein for not ending the Mueller investigation, one of many broadsides he makes against Rosenstein or FBI investigators through the fall of 2018.

October 3rd, 2018: Meadows begins spreading conspiracy theories about how the FBI had undercover agents secretly taping the Trump campaign during the 2016 election.

January 22nd, 2019: Meadows votes against HR 676, which would prevent Donald Trump from doing the unthinkable and walking away from our allies in NATO to appease the Russians.

January 23rd, 2019: Rep. Meadows voted against HR 648, because he was gleefully enjoying the longest government shutdown in history.
February 28th, 2019: Meadows votes against HR 1112, a bill which would have required universal background checks on all firearm purchases, and close the gun show loophole.

March 7th, 2019: Meadows votes against HR 183, a resolution to condemn anti-Semitism as a hateful extension of intolerance.

March 14th, 2019: Rep. Meadows votes against HJR 46, which sane members of Congress voted for to reject Donald Trump’s “national emergency” regarding the U.S. border and his attempts to reallocate funds for a border wall without Congressional approval.

April 4th, 2019: Mark Meadows is one of 158 Republicans who choose to vote against the re-authorization of the Violence Against Women Act, likely because they feel the 2nd Amendment remaining absolute is more important than preventing people with a history of domestic abuse from owning a firearm (which statistics show, makes them more likely to use those firearms against women in their lives).

May 17th, 2019: Meadows votes against The Equality Act, which would have prevented discrimination towards Americans based on their gender identity or sexual orientation.

June 4th, 2019: Rep. Meadows votes against the Dreamers Act, because he’s too xenophobic and partisan to care about immigration reform.

July 16th, 2019: Mark Meadows votes against a resolution to condemn Donald Trump for his racist statements that four people of color in Congress should “go back where they came from”.

October 17th, 2019: Meadows is one of 60 Republicans who vote against HJ Res 77, which opposed Donald Trump’s disastrous decision to abandon Syrian Kurdish forces in Northeast Syria to the mercies of a Turkish invasion.

October 23rd, 2019: Meadows is one of 41 Republicans who, while staring down the possibility of Donald Trump being impeached, stage a ridiculous publicity stunt in response by crashing a classified impeachment inquiry hearing for a “protest”.

Mark Meadows and the Undisclosed Dinosaur Property

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
3  Larry Hampton    4 years ago

Rump’s Whitehouse ...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Larry Hampton @3    4 years ago

Well he turned out to be better than any of the other Republicans running against him in 2016.  He got a lot of undesirables such as Bill Crystal to leave the GOP in exchange for normal middle and working clsss people from the heartland.  Crippling the GOP establishment was well worth it.  That he beat the wicked witch Hillary was simply wonderful.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    4 years ago

Yes indeed.  Meadows is awesome.  Awesomely awesome.  In fact, Meadows may be the most awesome 'thing' the Trump has ever snatched. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1  Raven Wing  replied to  bbl-1 @4    4 years ago

I wonder how long he will last. If Trump does not axe him first, Meadows may walk due to dealing with Trump on a personal basis now. It likely won't be too long.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1    4 years ago

“Congressman Meadows has been one of the most effective advocates for the MAGA movement for years now,” Donald Trump, Jr., President Trump’s eldest son, told Breitbart News. “There are some major battles ahead and I can’t think of anyone more equipped to fight alongside the President for the future of our country.”

“Meadows is cut from the same cloth as the President; he’s a fighter and will do what it takes to win,” Cliff Sims, a former Trump White House official and outside ally of the president, added. “He’s the perfect choice to lead the White House staff through election season. A brilliant choice by President Trump.”

“Mark has great political instincts and, to put it bluntly, is just a total killer,” Andy Surabian, a GOP strategist and also a former White House official, added. “He’s exactly who President Trump needs by his side in an election year.”

“Mark being chief of staff is a massive win for the MAGA movement,” Charlie Kirk, the founder and president of Turning Point USA, told Breitbart News.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1    4 years ago

Not sure, but I suspect the 'rabid GOP Trump klan' is also in a few ways, like the Trump family themselves, afflicted with Russian and Saudi money sticking to them they'd rather not have to explain.  And this may explain why so many of them are hanging onto the handrails as a typhoon is hitting them straight on from the port side.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.2    4 years ago

I think you are right, bb-1. Trump uses people he knows are totally loyal to him, but, if the pee on the wrong side of the toilet he will give them the axe. However, Trump really does not need a reason to get rid of them, so they know they are treading on thin ice from the start.

evilone
Professor Guide
5  evilone    4 years ago

Meadows has his head so far up Trump's ass his breath smells like KFC.