╌>

Trump's hurdles to re-election: A scary virus, shaky economy and Joe Biden

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   BY BERNARD GOLDBERG, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR

Trump's hurdles to re-election: A scary virus, shaky economy and Joe Biden
Instead of a booming economy, America is shutting down. And when people feel uneasy about their financial well-being, when their 401(k) suddenly looks like a 201(k), they won’t blame Joe Biden.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Photo credit: Getty Images

In times of crisis it’s not a bad idea to state the obvious, so here goes:  Donald Trump  can still win re-election but don’t bet the rent money on it. Everything that could go wrong — at least at the moment — is going wrong. 

First, he was counting on a strong economy to take him to the finish line. He was planning to take credit for low 

unemployment and high consumer confidence. He didn’t figure on running for reelection with a recession hanging over his presidency.

Instead of a booming economy, America is  shutting down . Restaurants, movie theaters, airlines, hotels, March Madness, professional sports and a bunch of other businesses, big and small, have been hit hard.

And when people feel uneasy about their  financial well-being , when their 401(k) suddenly looks like a 201(k), they won’t blame  Joe Biden .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

oNo, he’s not responsible for the virus that came to life in China. But that doesn’t mean voters won’t hold him responsible for the damage it des.

If he’s not seen as a truthful, competent leader, his chances of serving a second term will be greatly imperiled.

Well, the good news is that everyone knows that Dear leader is honest-- probably hasn't ever told a lie in his life!

And competent? Well, he's definitely the best president evah!

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

Whoops-- my apologies.

I "inadvertently" forgot the /sarcasm tags.

Both of 'em. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Here’s how Peter Wehner, a self-described lifelong Republican who has served in the last three GOP administrations (and who says he’ll never vote for this president) put it in a  March 13 piece  for Atlantic magazine:

“The president’s misinformation and mendacity about the coronavirus are head-snapping.

He claimed it was contained in America when it was actually spreading.

He claimed we had ‘shut it down’ when we had not.

He claimed testing was available when it wasn’t.

He claimed coronavirus will one day disappear ‘like a miracle’; it won’t.” 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    4 years ago

I hate to burst your little bubble of hopefulness, but Trump won't be going anywhere.

You're dwelling too much on the past. Granted, there were some mistakes made at the beginning, but the Trump led team of experts....medical people and business professionals are starting to get a good handle on the situation and take the proper steps toward getting the recovery going. Once there is some good news that the virus infections are leveling off and starting to go down, the markets will start to rebound and people will stop the panic buying. The "worst case scenario" morons will begin to be ignored as the people begin to see positive change. .

It'd doubtful any Democrat could have done a better job, since their main interests in the past few years has been to impeach Trump and let as many illegals as possible into this country. I really doubt the voters would be stupid enough to elect addle headed Joe to come in on training wheels and try to "fix" things.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @3    4 years ago
It'd doubtful any Democrat could have done a better job,

At least that statement is arguable.

I really doubt the voters would be stupid enough to elect addle headed Joe to come in on training wheels and try to "fix" things.

Training wheels?  Really?  How about 40 years of service including 8 as VP  versus the current Trainee who cannot decide if the virus snuck up on us, will all disappear on the first hot day, or he was the first to call it a pandemic.  Now he thinks he is a War President on par with Lincoln or FDR. 

Good grief.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @3.1    4 years ago
Good grief.

At the very least.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Greg Jones @3    4 years ago
Granted, there were some mistakes made at the beginning, but the Trump led team of experts....medical people and business professionals are starting to get a good handle on the situation and take

it, and stick it

further than it's already been stuck in the mud.

D Waters, flowing like a

Knight in gale force winding

back the front of the clock reversing a song

bird blown buy the wind for sail, fishing four twice

the reduced amount

knot tied two the too

MANY FCKN TIMES  !

This 'man' IS NOT Presidential material girl gone wild in docile enclosures open to those who don't mind it.

He is PLAIN UNFIT  

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.2    4 years ago

Has anyone told you lately how clever you are?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2.1    4 years ago

Vix Vapor rubbed on Texas, asz, it is ME, and only me, who can't see turtles movin via boats anchored to the banks

of the river closed

for no interest

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    4 years ago

Trump's re-election defenses consist of "Not my fault" or "I inherited an obsolete system" and "I've got the biggest brain." 

Apparently Trump is going to stick with "the Stormy who mode" and ride it through the gate.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago

biden is not a hurdle...  LOL

he is barely a speed bump.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    4 years ago

"America is shutting down."

Well.…. No ! jrSmiley_104_smiley_image.jpg

"America" wants to stay open. "Government is "Shutting us Down". jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

"A scary virus, shaky economy and Joe Biden"

Again...."Government" (Includes Democrats) has forced the economy onto "Shaky Grounds".

Take Joe out of the equation. He's already "Forgot" he's running for "President".....with this "Forced Delay". Gotta keep "Wandering Minds" busy dontchya know. jrSmiley_25_smiley_image.gif