╌>

Police: Remains of 2 found on Idaho property; Chad Daybell charged with concealing evidence

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  4 years ago  •  33 comments

By:   MSN

Police: Remains of 2 found on Idaho property; Chad Daybell charged with concealing evidence
Chad Daybell is due in court Wednesday, a day after police say they found two sets of human remains at his Idaho property that have yet to be identified.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

REXBURG, Idaho — Police say they found two sets of human remains Tuesday at the rural Idaho home of a man married to the mother of two missing children — a case that has captured attention nationwide.

© John Wilson, Deseret News Investigators in Idaho said Tuesday June 9, 2020, they recovered human remains in the backyard of Chad Daybell's home in Salem. It's not known yet, if the remains are those of missing children, Joshua "JJ" Vallow, 7, and his sister, Tylee Ryan, 17, who haven't been seen since last September.

Rexburg police said Wednesday the remains have not yet been identified and they have notified those whom they believe to be family members of the deceased.

"Autopsy results are pending," Assistant Rexburg Police Chief Gary Hagen said.

Daybell's wife, Lori Vallow Daybell, is jailed in Rexburg and charged with felony child abandonment. Police say her son Joshua "JJ" Vallow, 7, and his big sister, Tylee Ryan, 17, were last seen in September.

Chad Daybell, 51, was booked into the Fremont County Jail a short time after several police agencies served a search warrant and made the discovery at his Salem property just north of Rexburg on Tuesday.

He is scheduled to appear in court In Rexburg Wednesday to answer two charges of destroying or concealing evidence, a felony offense. A conviction carries up to five years in jail and a $1,000 fine.

A criminal complaint filed Wednesday alleges that Daybell carried out the crimes sometime from Sept. 8 to Tuesday, when the FBI and the Fremont County Sheriff's Office helped Rexburg police in serving a sealed search warrant at Daybell's home. Aerial photos showed large mounds, tarps and tents in an expansive yard there Tuesday.

This story will be updated throughout the day.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

So much for hoping the kids were alive someplace.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

Very disheartening.....

Nothing worse than someone that would murder a child.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    4 years ago

These people are sick fucks.  They certainly deserve the death penalty.

A lot of dead people associated with these freaks.  Ex-wives and husbands.  Sick fucks.  

What the hell is an LLSBT and what does it have to do with this?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago

Sadly, kinda expected this outcome. 

If these are the kids I hope for life without parole in a supermax. 23 hours a day in your cell and 1 hour outside the cell until the day the SOB's die.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @3    4 years ago

Yeah, I like that better than the death penalty

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

I'm sure it's those kids. Wasn't an ex-wife and ex-husband murdered, also?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    4 years ago

It was her ex-husband and his ex-wife.

Sick fucks.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    4 years ago

I wonder if they still do the bread and water punishment in Super Max

Professor Guide
5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

Just in:  The grandmother of JJ Vallow just confirmed that one set of remains is her grandson.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
5.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    4 years ago

I have not found anything reporting the identification of the children - they have been missing since September - how can the grandmother identify what is most likely bones?

This whole thing is so disturbing on soooo many levels!

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Freefaller  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.2    4 years ago
how can the grandmother identify what is most likely bones?

Not to be morbid but depending on what Idaho winters are like the bodies may well be in a better state of preservation.  I'm from a little further north but at a lower elevation and the ground was still frozen solid just a month ago

Professor Guide
5.2.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Colour Me Free @5.2    4 years ago

If you hit the 'just in' link in my post, it will take you to the article.  It has now been updated to include a joint statements from both families.  

"We are filled with unfathomable sadness that these two bright stars were stolen from us, and only hope that they died without pain or suffering. Official statements from The Rexburg Police, The Medical Examiner and the FBI will be released soon."

Meanwhile, Daybell's brother, Matt Daybell, released a statement that reads:

"Some in our extended family are still struggling to accept the reality that Chad could have been involved in something so terribly wrong.  On behalf of myself, my wife Heather, and our 4 children, we express our most sincere sympathies to Larry and Kay and to JJ and Tylee’s entire extended families.  We are devastated by today’s news and the apparent role that Chad has played in what has transpired."

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.2.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Freefaller @5.2.1    4 years ago

If the remains found included a skull , partial skull or lower jawbone , the obvious means of ID would be dental records. that's the usual means of ID  from what I understand.

I use to live in that area , the winters are long and harsh , the frost line when the ground freezes can go down 3 feet, that could preserve some tissues , below the frost line then all the creepy crawlies would do their job on body tissues.

Bodies don't last long on the surface due to insect , scavenger or weather conditions quickly breaking down everything and scattering them .

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5.2.4  Freefaller  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.2.3    4 years ago
the obvious means of ID would be dental records.

Forensically speaking that's very true, but probably not how the grandmother identified them

below the frost line then all the creepy crawlies would do their job on body tissues.

So there could have been a degree a of decomposition, a little different than here, our frost line goes down 10-11 feet and then it's permafrost

I hope the why they did this comes out during their trial

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.2.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Freefaller @5.2.4    4 years ago

I doubt we will ever get a why that will make any kind of sense, the whole thing doesn't make sense to begin with .

that area can be between 3000 and 6000 ft above sea level and up if closer to a mnt range , its basically both a flood plain AND   on track with the Yellowstone hot spots travel direction , the area also is geothermally active , with any number of hot springs related to the Yellowstone eco system .

generally the top layers of soil are good farmland , after that you have any combination of glacial and volcanic moraine and its resulting conglomerations  its hit or miss  if any specific place will have easy or hard digging , just as its hit or miss if it is productive for whatever is taking place .

The grandma likely IDed an article that she knew to belong to the grandson, and not knowing the condition of the remains  that would be a good guess, because I doubt authorities would just show her bones or a body in decomp.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5.2.6  Freefaller  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.2.5    4 years ago
I doubt we will ever get a why that will make any kind of sense

Agreed

Thanks for the rest of the info, very informative