╌>

Will Bill Barr Go to Jail When This Is All Done?

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  66 comments

By:   The Daily Beast

if Barr isn't under criminal investigation in 2021 for that, he tells Rick Wilson and Molly Jong-Fast, then "shame on us."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

THE NEW ABNORMAL

In Ep. 16 of The New Abnormal, former DOJ prosecutor Glenn Kirschner takes down Bill Barr. Plus, Rick and Molly chat election predictions, Confederate flag truthers and more.

The Daily Beast

Updated Jun. 12, 2020 11:32AM ET / Published Jun. 12, 2020 10:55AM ET 200611-TNA-Bill-Barr-tease_o16rsi

Illustration by The Daily Beast/Getty

Attorney General Bill Barr was in on Trump's scheme to bribe and lean on Ukraine's president. He let his boss' criminal cronies off the hook. But the worst part, former DOJ prosecutor Glenn Kirschner says, was Barr's crackdown in Lafayette Square on people just expressing their First Amendment rights.

And if Barr isn't under criminal investigation in 2021 for that, he tells Rick Wilson and Molly Jong-Fast, then "shame on us."

It's all part of a jam-packed episode of The New Abnormal in which Kirschner crucifies the AG and the Trump administration: "I would say under Donald Trump—first to Jeff Sessions, then to Matt Whitaker, and then to Bill Barr—it has gone from bad to worse to criminal."

Then, Rachel Bitecofer of the Niskansen Center for Public Policy, joined Molly and Rick to present her forecast for this November—and she has some promising news for Democrats.

Plus, the dynamic duo tackle the ultimate fuckery that is the Donald Trump White House, including the president "playing footsie" with Confederate flag truthers, his Twitter-gasm over his Tulsa rally and how the "Bitch Boy" and his minions did the seeming impossible: became even more racist.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    4 years ago
Attorney General Bill Barr was in on Trump's scheme to bribe and lean on Ukraine's president. He let his boss' criminal cronies off the hook. But the worst part, former DOJ prosecutor Glenn Kirschner says, was Barr's crackdown in Lafayette Square on people just expressing their First Amendment rights.

I agree. Bill Barr should be under criminal investigation as soon as Biden's Attorney General takes office. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
Bill Barr should be under criminal investigation as soon as Biden's Attorney General takes office.

Sort of like a banana republic?  I don't think we have to worry about Biden becoming president or Keith Ellison being appointed AG.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago
Sort of like a banana republic?

I think you mean like Barr's justice department that spends most of its time investigating the Presidents political enemies.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.1    4 years ago

I know you mean they got caught and we should just move on. NOT THIS TIME!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    4 years ago
they got caught

Who got caught? I haven't heard of a single member of the Obama justice department or FBI who have been indicted or charged with any crime. I've heard a bunch of blowhard know-nothings Monday-morning quarterbacking the investigation, claiming all sorts of things were wrong or illegal, but apparently the law doesn't see it the same considering there aren't any in jail. On the other hand Trumps first national security advisor plead guilty twice, his former campaign manager was tried and convicted, his former lawyer was tried and convicted, a former campaign advisor was convicted of lying to investigators about his Russian contacts, and a long time friend and advisor was convicted of lying to congress and obstruction of justice.

The Trump defenders are mental contortionists as they just ignore all the convicted criminals that surrounded Trump while simultaneously pounding the drum trying to accuse Obama and his staff of some sort of mysterious wrong doing or labeling them some fantasy "deep state" yet none have been convicted or even charged with anything. It truly is fascinating to me to watch these obvious mental midgets continue to wallow in their sycophantic partisan mud desperately trying to deflect and distract from their clearly incompetent and very likely criminal President. I'm not sure if the stronger motive is their desire to support this obviously inept moron in the white house or their desire to sabotage the first black Presidents highly respected record, but they certainly gnash their teeth and whine "Just you wait!" often enough.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.3    4 years ago
I haven't heard of a single member of the Obama justice department or FBI who have been indicted or charged with any crime.
Me neither....yet. But the investigations are proceeding full blast even as we sit here typing.
Holder and Lynch did a lot of unsavory things, which requires close scrutiny.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    4 years ago

Terra Haute will need a new wing for Trump & Co...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    4 years ago

The entire criminal enterprise otherwise known as the tRump administration belongs behind bars.

Thomas
Senior Guide
4  Thomas    4 years ago

Hopefully Barr and (Deleted) will.  I just hope that your predictive ability has improved since 2016.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Thomas @4    4 years ago

Who are you talking to? 

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.1.1  Thomas  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    4 years ago

If it is a normal day, no one..... :)

The second part of my post was me hoping that you, JR, have improved with your prescience. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Thomas @4.1.1    4 years ago

Hillary Clinton won the national popular vote by three million votes, as I and many others predicted would happen. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    4 years ago

And who as part of the comment was deleted.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.1.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    4 years ago
Hillary Clinton won the national popular vote by three million votes, as I and many others predicted would happen.

the popular vote means nothing in a  presidential election... LOL

read the constitution.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    4 years ago

No !

"Conjecture" and "Innuendo" doesn't do well in a "Court of Actual Law"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    4 years ago

The tRump administration:

https://youtu.be/Xcb4_QwP6fE

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago

neither trump or barr will go to jail.

however, this year and next many democrats and a few never trumpers will.

the left abuses the power of govt to go after a political opponent and when caught? 

they accuse trump and barr of doing what they have done  - how predictable is that... LOL

besides.... it wasn't trump or barr,   it was john durham who cooked up the whole scheme. 

y'all keep forgetting about him... LOL

tick - tock - tick - tock

512 ..

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8    4 years ago

We're still waiting and none of your whackjob pronouncements ever come true.  

Durham sure looks like a dumb stupid turd.

We're waiting Durham!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    4 years ago
We're still waiting and none of your whackjob pronouncements ever come true

• trump was elected
  • electoral college did not dump trump
  • trump was not convicted by the lefts bs impeachment
  • russia collusion is now proven bs.

you were wrong on every count.

meanwhile, I'm still batting 1000

and yes... people will be going to jail because durham

relax.... enjoy the show

• trump will be re-elected in nov

have a great day  :)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1.1    4 years ago

Speaking of dumb stupid turds!

We've been waiting almost 4 years now?

When are all those liberals/democrats going to jail?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1.1    4 years ago

YOU HAVE BEEN WRONG ON EVERY COUNT.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    4 years ago

Just be patient. 

You know, like conservatives were told to be patient with the Great Mueller Report.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.4    4 years ago

[removed]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.5    4 years ago

removed for context

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.5    4 years ago

removed for context

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.7    4 years ago

[removed]

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.10  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.3    4 years ago
YOU HAVE BEEN WRONG ON EVERY COUNT.

so..... hillary is president?

did the electoral college dump trump?

what did I get wrong?   name one.

LOL

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.11  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    4 years ago
When are all those liberals/democrats going to jail?

once the legal process has been completed

durham is just the next step in the process....

whats the rush?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1.10    4 years ago

That's never going to happen [deleted]

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9  bbl-1    4 years ago

Barr is protecting something foreign.  Follow the money starting with the NRA and various conservative/republican political tax shelters.  Barr is not protecting Trump as much as he is protecting them.

As far as Durham, he has been investigating something for what seems like a millennia.  About time for him to take the crap or get off the pot.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @9    4 years ago

Why don't you tell us all about political tax shelters.

Are they illegal? What exactly are they?

Do you have to be a member of any particular party to use them?

Did they start using them only after Trump was elected?

Be patient about Durham--like you told us to be patient with the Great Mueller Report.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
9.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  bbl-1 @9    4 years ago
As far as Durham, he has been investigating something for what seems like a millennia.  About time for him to take the crap or get off the pot

it has been a while.... but then again...  there are lots of there's there.  (many people going to jail.)

investigating all the bs prior to and after the election including media leaks?    that's a big job.   

and this one is going to sting a bit... LOL

Durham’s work could wrap up anywhere from July to September, and could be slowed by the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., Fox News reported Monday. Another source told Fox News last month that Durham has yet to interview former CIA Director John Brennan and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan (R., Ohio) said last week that Durham’s investigation “is due to be completed sometime this summer.” Last month, Representative Doug Collins (R., Ga.) said that Durham will not be releasing a report, like former special counsel Robert Mueller, but will likely use indictments to signal his conclusion.

“When he’s ready to charge people, he’ll charge people,” Collins told Fox News. “And that’s when we’ll know.”

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9.4  Snuffy  replied to  bbl-1 @9    4 years ago
As far as Durham, he has been investigating something for what seems like a millennia.  About time for him to take the crap or get off the pot.

I don't know if it's been all that long.  

The Muelier investigation started May 17, 2017 and ran to March 22, 2019 for about 23 months.

The Durham investigation started in May 2019 so it's only been running for about 13 months. 

I think he should be given all the time needed to complete the investigation, don't you?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.4.1  It Is ME  replied to  Snuffy @9.4    4 years ago
The Muelier investigation started May 17, 2017 and ran to March 22, 2019 for about 23 months.

When NOTHING is there..... Time just flies by. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

When there IS something there ..... Time Stops ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg