Via:  it-is-me  •  4 years ago  •  15 comments

By:   By ALEXANDRA JAFFE, Associated Press 1 hr ago

Liberal groups warn Biden could lose over policing policies
You cannot win the election without the enthusiastic support of Black voters

THE THREATS  ! 

Poor Joe !

What will he do ! jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

"WASHINGTON (AP) — More than four dozen progressive groups have signed a letter to presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s campaign criticizing his police reform proposals and warning that if he doesn’t adopt more progressive policies he risks losing black voters — and the election — this fall.
“You cannot win the election without the enthusiastic support of Black voters, and how you act in this moment of crisis will play a big role in determining how Black voters -- and all voters concerned with racial justice -- respond to your candidacy. A “return to normalcy” will not suffice, the letter reads."

The signers ask that Biden instead ensure “that the federal government permanently ends and ceases any further appropriation of funding to local law enforcement in any form, whether it be money for trainings, equipment, hiring, re-hiring, overtime,” and redirect the funds towards education, healthcare and other community services. 

The letter, which is signed by more than 50 groups, including the Bernie Sanders-linked Our Revolution, Black Voters Matter, and the League of United Latin American Citizens, among others, was dated June 11, nearly two weeks into the nationwide protests — and renewed conversation around criminal justice and policing reform — that erupted in the wake of Floyd’s killing. It also came the day after Biden wrote a USA Today op-ed that reiterated his earlier proposal to add new funds for community policing.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    4 years ago

Joe will "Promise"....although he'll forget what he promised, if elected.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @1    4 years ago
Joe will "Promise"....although he'll forget what he promised, if elected.

At least he can drink water.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago

Are you sure ?

Now....How 'bout those Threats to Joe ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    4 years ago
At least he can drink water.

Well, hell, someone give the man a cookie--stat!

He can drink water.

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    4 years ago
Well, hell, someone give the man a cookie--stat! He can drink water.

He can also find his car.

And close an umbrella.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.3    4 years ago
He can also find his car.

You sure about that- his wife won't allow him out of their basement except for short tightly monitored and controlled events. 

And close an umbrella.

Again, where is your proof?

Biden has proven he can lose where his wife is on a small stage. 

He also forgot he was running for president.

Forgets what state he is in.

Thinks he is running against himself.

Really stupid thing to say, but it’s not like Friday was different from any other day in the basement. I mean, Biden also made this promise on Friday morning, on CNBC: “I’m prepared to say that I have a record of over 40 years and that I’m going to beat Joe Biden!”

Yup, good old Joe "gaffe a second" Biden (they call them gaffes because of the D behind his name).

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.4    4 years ago
You sure about that- his wife won't allow him out of their basement except for short tightly monitored and controlled events.

So you have lost the argument and settling for personal insults.....typical!

Again, where is your proof?

You are aware that I attached a video, correct?

He also forgot he was running for president.

Personal insults again, and again, a sure sign of a lost argument.

Forgets what state he is in.

Like building a border wall in Colorado?

Yup, good old Joe "gaffe 

Yup, lots of gaffes.  Trump on the other hand.....  And this was a year ago, lot more since.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2  bugsy    4 years ago

What we will witness is Joe shifting far to the left just to be able to appease black voters he knows he does not have. The thing is he won't go far enough to appease the Bernie Bros, and that is a very large segment of the white race he also desperately needs.

I believe Clyburn is embarrassed he is the one responsible for getting Joe the nomination. My bet is he wishes he endorsed someone else.

Of course, Joe won't know he is appeasing. He will just be repeating what is handlers are telling him to repeat.

Much like many of our liberal friends on here.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @2    4 years ago

Exactly.  Your last point in particular!  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    4 years ago

Wasn't the big deal for Biden the black vote?

Ruh-roh, we may have a problem--Joe may not be progressive enough.

evilone
Professor Guide
4  evilone    4 years ago

Joe is a moderate. Trump is far right. Which is closer to these Progressives? I suppose the Bernie Bros can sit out again (or vote 3rd party) if they wish, but then they'll have to weather 4 years of Trump at his Trumpiest.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  evilone @4    4 years ago
Joe is a moderate.

Try again- he is galloping to the left as fast as his dementia and wife will allow him.

Trump is far right.

The least hawkish president of the last several. Was a Democrat, in good standing no less; before he ran as a Republican. Lets see, Republicans want free and open trade (Trump starts tariff wars to get better trade deals with enemies and allies alike). Trump is anti NATO (wants all members to pay their fair share for their own protection)- name another Republican that is? Yeah, he sounds like a far right extremist- to a far left wing nut. Yes he lets conservatives pick his judicial nominees, that is what he promised (shocker); and he is building his wall and enforcing immigration laws, dragging both Democrats and Republicans kicking & screaming the whole way (another campaign promise he is keeping- again shocker).

Which is closer to these Progressives?

Not even Marx and Lenin would survive these progressives. 

I suppose the Bernie Bros can sit out again (or vote 3rd party) if they wish, but then they'll have to weather 4 years of Trump at his Trumpiest.

As compared to Biden who will be groping female Democrats, young girls, LEOs, and anyone else he can get to stand still long enough in plain view of everyone. Making racist statements, (sorry racist gaffes); forgetting where and who he is; and abusing the system in a way only a true Establishment politician can. 

Great choice, I am sure those progressives will be eager to run out and cast their votes./S

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  evilone @4    4 years ago

The idea that Trump is far right is simply ludicrous.