This Actually Gives Me Hope

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  thrawn-31  •  3 weeks ago  •  80 comments

By:   Charles Curtis

This Actually Gives Me Hope
NASCAR drivers join together to push Bubba Wallace's car to front of Geico 500 field

Looks like NASCAR is finally trying to prove Eric Cartman wrong.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275138284797276160

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
[]

Thrawn 31
1  seeder  Thrawn 31    3 weeks ago

Nice to see something good happen every now and then. Of course dickheads flying traitor flags over raceways isn't helpful, but one step at a time I guess. 

Vic Eldred
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    3 weeks ago

It was another hoax! Apparently America is not a racist country, thus the need to make it up!

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29354447/fbi-says-rope-had-talladega-garage-last-fall-bubba-wallace-not-victim-hate-crime

"This will not break me, none of the allegations of being a hoax will break me or tear me down," Wallace told CNN. "Will it piss me off? Absolutely. But that only fuels the competitive drive in me to shut everybody up." ....Bubba Wallace

What a rotten soul!

JohnRussell
1.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    3 weeks ago

How is it a hoax?

JohnRussell
1.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    3 weeks ago
U.S. Attorney Jay Town and FBI Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp Jr. said their investigation determined that "although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week."

Someone working on the team that runs the car he drives told Wallace they found a noose in the garage assigned to him and the FBI and media were told. So what?  The FBI now confirms it was a noose , or something so close to the way a noose looks that it can be accurately described as a noose. 

Where is the hoax?  Was Wallace supposed to know it has been there since last fall? 

This was not a hoax, it was a misunderstanding. 

igknorantzrulz
1.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    3 weeks ago

don't ruin his fantasies

JohnRussell
1.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.3    3 weeks ago
Apparently America is not a racist country, thus the need to make it up!

This was actually the hilarious part of his comment. 

Vic Eldred
1.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    3 weeks ago
This was not a hoax

It was another hoax, just like the last 5 or 6 national claims about "nooses!"   No racism, so they got to make it up. To convince whom?  All the people trying to get into America?   I hope they aren't wasting their time trying to convince me.

Suz
1.1.6  Suz  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.3    3 weeks ago

What is wrong with you people.   You can't even be happy there wasn't a threat? 

KDMichigan
1.1.7  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    3 weeks ago
This was not a hoax, it was a misunderstanding. 

Kathleen
1.1.8  Kathleen  replied to  Suz @1.1.6    2 weeks ago

That's true Suz, you would think that would be the case. I just think there was "disappointment" there to be honest. 

devangelical
1.1.9  devangelical  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.8    2 weeks ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
1.1.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1.9    2 weeks ago

Full_Filo_Unedited.gif

devangelical
1.1.11  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    2 weeks ago

tenor.gif

Vic Eldred
1.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1.11    2 weeks ago

hardhat-riot-1970-promo.jpg

Vic Eldred
1.1.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1.13    2 weeks ago

maxresdefault.jpg

Kavika
2  Kavika     3 weeks ago

I'm happy to see the support that Bubba is getting. Now, NASCAR has to keep up the pressure to be sure that  Confederate flags are never shown at a NASCAR event again.

Hope they find the racist that put the noose in his area the POS ends up in jail.

Thrawn 31
2.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @2    3 weeks ago

Confederate flags have no place in the US outside of history books. 

And whoever did it is going to seriously regret their decision seeing as how it is going to cost them their job, their reputation, and possibly jail time. 

Texan1211
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.1    3 weeks ago
And whoever did it is going to seriously regret their decision seeing as how it is going to cost them their job, their reputation, and possibly jail time. 

You want someone to go to jail because they have a noose on a pull-down garage door?

WTF??????

Vic Eldred
2.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    3 weeks ago

The big giveaway was that no news outlet had shown us a picture of that noose - at least not until the 15 FBI agents ran right out there!  Too bad the Feds can't take the time to investigate federal crimes like rioting or arson!

KDMichigan
2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Kavika @2    3 weeks ago
I'm happy to see the support that Bubba is getting.

Jussie would be proud...

Kavika
2.2.2  Kavika   replied to  KDMichigan @2.2    2 weeks ago

And Officer Sherry Hall would be disappointed because no one supported her when the nonexistent black guy shot her. 

devangelical
3  devangelical    3 weeks ago

nooses are part of their heritage too, just like their traitor flag...

I hope the racist dipshit that planted that noose is found by the FBI and it costs his nascar team every one of it's sponsors.

Thrawn 31
3.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  devangelical @3    3 weeks ago

Oh I am sure he is shitting his pants right now. Only so many people it could have been, and there are things called security cameras...

This dip shit really didn't think this through.

SteevieGee
3.1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1    3 weeks ago

It's probably one / some of these guys pretending to like him here.

KDMichigan
3.1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.1    3 weeks ago
This dip shit really didn't think this through.

Neither did the dipshits that ran with a noose planted in Bubba's stall story.

KDMichigan
3.2  KDMichigan  replied to  devangelical @3    3 weeks ago
I hope the racist dipshit that planted that noose is found by the FBI and it costs his nascar team every one of it's sponsors.

The only dipshits are the fucking morons that called A circle on the end of a rope attached to a garage door a noose. Just another example of liberalism run amok 

gooseisgone
3.3  gooseisgone  replied to  devangelical @3    3 weeks ago
I hope the racist dipshit that planted that noose is found by the FBI and it costs his nascar team every one of it's sponsors

There is no racist dipshit, it was the pull handle for to overhead door, there was one on every bay. Yet another overreaction by the left. 

igknorantzrulz
3.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  gooseisgone @3.3    3 weeks ago

Didn't realize that Nascar was run by the Left

gooseisgone
3.3.2  gooseisgone  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.3.1    3 weeks ago
Didn't realize that Nascar was run by the Left

Have no idea who runs NASCAR, Bubba should apologize for his mistake.

igknorantzrulz
3.3.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  gooseisgone @3.3.2    3 weeks ago

Bubba DID NOT report this. He was informed by NASCAR, so again, what should he apologize for, being black ?, as it was NOT HIS MISTAKE, but possibly yours.

gooseisgone
3.3.4  gooseisgone  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.3.3    2 weeks ago
Bubba DID NOT report this.

So you're saying Bubba just follows what he's told, he doesn't have the common sense to look at the "so called noose" and say that's what you pull down the garage door with.  He needs to go on CNN and make an issue about it before he knows the facts.  sounds like the last three years of the Russian scam.

igknorantzrulz
3.3.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  gooseisgone @3.3.4    2 weeks ago

No, No that's NOT what i'm saying ! Don't attempt to put your thoughts into explaining mine, it's not worth the effort, cause it's effortless, as to what that to which i decide to concentrate upon, i just add water, cause i couldn't say H2NO doubt asz to what your words say. As you degrade yourself in your awkward attempt to degrade him, my condolences.

Steve Ott
3.3.6  Steve Ott  replied to  gooseisgone @3.3.4    2 weeks ago

Currently , drivers aren't allowed in the garage area until just before the race starts. Give it a break dude. Learn some facts. Do some research.

Tessylo
3.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  gooseisgone @3.3.4    2 weeks ago

THAT WAS A  NOOSE.  NO OTHER WAY TO DESCRIBE IT.  

Vic Eldred
3.3.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.7    2 weeks ago
  NO OTHER WAY TO DESCRIBE IT.  

It's best described as the hate crime that wasn't! AGAIN!

gooseisgone
3.3.9  gooseisgone  replied to  Steve Ott @3.3.6    2 weeks ago
Learn some facts.

Did Bubba go on CNN to talk about a noose or was that just a dream?

Texan1211
3.4  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @3    3 weeks ago

Why do you assume someone is racist for putting a noose handle on a pull-down garage door?

And why on earth would any sponsor pull out over a freaking handle?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 weeks ago

Well, it goes to show that there are more good people than bad. Really nice story!

Thrawn 31
4.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 weeks ago

The bad are just louder. 

KDMichigan
4.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    3 weeks ago

The story that never happened was even better.

MUVA
4.2.1  MUVA  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2    3 weeks ago

Some almost always go full virtue signaling before all facts are known.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 weeks ago

I'm not even into NASCAR and I'm misty-eyed.   

FLYNAVY1
6  FLYNAVY1    3 weeks ago

Loved the picture, [removed]

KDMichigan
6.1  KDMichigan  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6    3 weeks ago
Loved the picture, but there are still too many racist cement heads out there  removed

I agree, the left should be called out more often

Veronica
7  Veronica    3 weeks ago

It irks me that so many out there say Bubba put the noose there himself to attract attention.  That does not explain the noose that was put in a tree in Sonoma Raceway yesterday. 

Texan1211
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  Veronica @7    2 weeks ago

What bugs the hell out of me is the way people jump to conclusions and call for someone to "pay" for the alleged "crime".

You know, before they get the FACTS.

Veronica
7.1.1  Veronica  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    2 weeks ago

Yep, not Bubba;s fault.  

Texan1211
7.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Veronica @7.1.1    2 weeks ago

True, not his fault.

Actually, there IS no fault on anyone's part.

There is nothing wrong with the door handle pull.

Steve Ott
8  Steve Ott    3 weeks ago

Watched the race yesterday. It was an emotional moment.

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
8.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Steve Ott @8    3 weeks ago

Heroes are often found on the battlefield. And, this my friend is a HERO!

Ronin2
8.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @8.1    3 weeks ago

The word "hero" is getting misused and abused far too often these days.

Steve Ott
8.1.2  Steve Ott  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1.1    3 weeks ago

As is the word traitor.

Ronin2
8.2  Ronin2  replied to  Steve Ott @8    3 weeks ago

Too bad it was all fake. But it made for great media drama.

NASCAR needed the publicity and milked it for all it was worth as well.

Vic Eldred
8.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Steve Ott @8    3 weeks ago

What Bull Shit!

Steve Ott
8.3.1  Steve Ott  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.3    3 weeks ago

Yes Vic. We know you only have the right kind of heroes.

Vic Eldred
8.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Steve Ott @8.3.1    2 weeks ago

I think your'e overestimating my importance. I believe many people have the right kind of heroes.

I do appreciate the sentiment.

KDMichigan
9  KDMichigan    3 weeks ago

The story that Triggered all the snowflakes on the left to loving NASCAR. The planted noose in Bubba's garage bay was actually a pull rope on the overhead door. Fucking Hillarious, And after watching the press eat this story up for 3 days they won't even post a picture of the NOOSE. This is a picture from the same bay from last year. And The left wonders why I find them so damn laughable.

Sean Treacy
9.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  KDMichigan @9    3 weeks ago

It’s very similar to the Oakland “nooses” that turned out to be exercise equipment. Of course, the batshit crazy mayor of Oakland still thinks those ropes put up a black man are “instruments of terror” or some such nonsense, so good for nascar for returning to reality.

it would be nice if people took a second to investigate before crying racism. Save everybody lots of embarrassment and 15! FBI agents from wasting their time.

Sean Treacy
9.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1    3 weeks ago

Bubba Wallace not looking good....

Just Jim NC TttH
9.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.1    3 weeks ago
t would be nice if people took a second to investigate before crying racism.

Remember the Smollett

Vic Eldred
9.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1.2    3 weeks ago

A bit smaller than Smollett's noose or the last five fake noose claims!

Ronin2
10  Ronin2    3 weeks ago

NASCAR is still a dying sport. But it is nice to see them go PC in an effort to get 15 more minutes in the limelight.

It is much easier to go PC than fix the real issues. Indistinguishable cars; vanilla corporate sponsored drivers; cars made to crash whenever they get close to each other; boring uncompetitive races (except for all of the crashes- which anyone catch stung together on youtube seconds after the race ends); and severe money issues between the have multi car teams and have not single car teams.

But at least they can be proud of losing a good portion of their fan base. 

https://thespun.com/news/photo-confederate-flag-protest-outside-nascar-track-today

https://kickinthetires.net/nascar/rolling-protest-at-talladega-superspeedway-by-group-opposed-to-nascar-confederate-flag-ban/

They would love to have those two hundred protesters buying their merchandise, paying to listen online to drivers and crew chiefs, and watching their failing product in the stands or at home. Chances are there are thousands more not at the protest that have spent their last money ever on NASCAR as well. At least it's demise will make for good questions in Trivial Pursuit. Should be fun trying to watch Gen Z type driver and crew chief names into their cell phones to figure who the hell they are. 

MonsterMash
11  MonsterMash    3 weeks ago

Well...well...well turns out the rope was in the garage last October or November well before Bubba was assigned to that garage and it was used to pull down the garage door, what a disappointment for the left.

The only black NASCAR driver has a southern boys nickname...BUBBA  LOL jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

dennis smith
11.1  dennis smith  replied to  MonsterMash @11    3 weeks ago

Typical that the Fake news carried this story without investigating to see if it was real. They poked themselves in the eye again . 

Texan1211
12  Texan1211    3 weeks ago

"This actually gives me hope".

I wish it did, but idiots blathering away about a pull-down garage door handle and how racist the person who put it there must be takes away "hope".

MonsterMash
12.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Texan1211 @12    3 weeks ago

Here's a picture of the "Noose" found in Bubba's garage

Tomorrows CNN lead story: WHITE RACIST ARE LYNCHING BLM SHRUNKEN HEADS

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIF.kQHQDdC122wewbkxXC1Q5A%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Freewill
13  Freewill    3 weeks ago

Noose’ found in Bubba Wallace’s garage was door pull, had been there since 2019, officials say

NASCAR released this statement: “The FBI has completed its investigation at Talladega Superspeedway and determined that Bubba Wallace was not the victim of a hate crime. The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall. This was obviously well before the 43 team’s arrival and garage assignment. We appreciate the FBI’s quick and thorough investigation and are thankful to learn that this was not an intentional, racist act against Bubba. We remain steadfast in our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all who love racing.”

I should hope that we are all relieved that this was in fact not a hate crime directed at Mr. Wallace, and that perhaps the media and others going forward won't be so quick to speculate and spin such stories into a frenzy.  That being said, it was good that NASCAR reacted immediately to what they initially thought could be a hate crime and that it was quickly resolved.  And at least we now know that by and large Mr. Wallace's peers in the racing community stand with him and not against him in any sort of racist way. 

igknorantzrulz
13.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Freewill @13    3 weeks ago

Great show of unity the other day

Kathleen
14  Kathleen    3 weeks ago

That is one of the reasons I hate the quick to judge media.  Look at all the trouble they caused.  They need to check facts.

Ronin2
14.1  Ronin2  replied to  Kathleen @14    3 weeks ago

But why? It is better to rush to judgement- hype up a reaction that they can air immediately, and then slink away when proven wrong. There will always be another manufactured event for them to hype later, and their target click bait audience has a 15 second attention span- so they never have to apologize.

Kathleen
14.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  Ronin2 @14.1    3 weeks ago

True, you will not hear a thing about the mistake they made.  

Vic Eldred
14.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kathleen @14.1.1    3 weeks ago

"Mistake?" Your'e being kind!

XDm9mm
15  XDm9mm    3 weeks ago
NASCAR drivers join together to push Bubba Wallace's car to front of Geico 500 field
Well, that's one way to get out front.  Have all the other drivers walk you to the front.   Then those guys can get in their cars and leave you eating their dust.

It Is ME
15.1  It Is ME  replied to  XDm9mm @15    3 weeks ago

Talk about Blatant "Pandering" for bucks ! 

charger 383
15.1.1  charger 383  replied to  It Is ME @15.1    3 weeks ago

Knowing how NASCAR really works, I think drivers were told to do this and Wallace will be soon gifted with a win

It Is ME
15.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  charger 383 @15.1.1    3 weeks ago

They did LET him lead 1 lap this last race. jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

Of course, he hasn't led a lap, like EVER....before !

At least they didn't LET him Win !

JaneDoe
15.1.3  JaneDoe  replied to  charger 383 @15.1.1    3 weeks ago

I think you are right. Just like Dale JR’s win after his Dad died in the wreck. I always thought they let him win that.

Steve Ott
15.1.4  Steve Ott  replied to  It Is ME @15.1.2    2 weeks ago
Of course, he hasn't led a lap, like EVER....before !

Except that he has, EVER:

NASCAR Cup Series Statistics

Click on the Year to see the standings for that year.
Click on the number of Races to see individual races for that year.

cup.png

Year Age Races Win T5 T10 Pole Laps Led Earnings Rank AvSt AvFn RAF LLF DNQ WD
2017 23 4 of 36 0 0 0 0 795 0 0   22.5 17.8 4 2 0 0
2018 24 36 of 36 0 1 3 0 9391 19 0 28 24.8 24.5 30 6 0 0
2019 25 36 of 36 0 1 1 0 9939 1 0 28 24.3 23.9 33 9 0 0
2020 26 13 of 15 0 0 2 0 3602 4 0 21 23.2 19.1 11 9 0 0
4 years 89 0 2 6 0 23727 24 0   24.2 23.2 78 26 0 0

NASCAR Xfinity Series Statistics

xfinity2.jpg

2012 18 4 of 33 0 0 3 1 950 36 98,507 36 7.8 9.5 4 4 0 0
2014 20 2 of 33 0 0 1 0 177 0 58,636   6.0 19.0 2 1 0 0
2015 21 33 of 33 0 3 14 1 6024 85 1,212,362 7 12.7 11.8 32 23 0 0
2016 22 33 of 33 0 3 9 0 5376 34 0 11 13.0 15.7 30 18 0 0
2017 23 13 of 33 0 0 8 0 2265 11 0 20 14.0 13.2 11 10 0 0
5 years 85 0 6 35 2 14792 166 1,369,505   12.6 13.6 79 56 0 0

NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Statistics

ngots2.jpg

2013 19 22 of 22 1 5 12 1 3273 340 359,242 8 11.6 12.6 19 17 0 0
2014 20 22 of 22 4 9 14 2 3160 623 588,515 3 8.2 9.0 19 14 0 0
2017 23 1 of 23 1 1 1 0 100 11 0   9.0 1.0 1 1 0 0
2018 24 1 of 23 0 0 0 0 164 0 0   15.0 14.0 1 0 0 0
2019 25 2 of 23 0 0 1 0 391 0 0   14.0 15.0 2 1 0 0
5 years 48 6 15 28 3 7088 974 947,757   10.1 10.9 42 33 0 0

Steve Ott
16  Steve Ott    2 weeks ago

Ok, let's take a moment and look at the full picture shall we?

By all accounts, the 'noose' had been there for quite some time.

Bubba Wallace just happened to get assigned to that particular garage.

The 'noose' was reported by a team member not named Bubba Wallace.

Of course, at the time of the report, no one knew that it hadn't just been placed there.

As reported, the normal garage door pull has a wooden handle, doesn't seem that any others have nooses for pulls.

So at some point in the past, some good ole boy decided to play a joke and make a noose. Really funny stuff huh?

Only it became a non-joke when a black was assigned to the garage.