╌>

Three men indicted with murder of Black jogger in Georgia

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  flynavy1  •  4 years ago  •  41 comments

By:   Rich McKay

Three men indicted with murder of Black jogger in Georgia
On Wednesday, a grand jury returned a nine-count indictment against all three men, charging each with malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault and false imprisonment, the indictment shows.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

ATLANTA (Reuters) - Three white men arrested last month in the slaying of a Black man who was gunned down as he jogged through a suburban neighborhood in Georgia four months ago were indicted on Wednesday on murder and other charges.

Video footage showing the killing of Ahmaud Arbery, 25, in the coastal Georgia town of Brunswick emerged on social media and went viral in May, some 10 weeks after his death, stoking public outrage at the lack of arrests at that time.

Days later, the two men seen confronting Arbery in the video, former police officer George McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34, were taken into custody and charged with murder. William “Roddie” Bryan Jr., 50, who videotaped the Feb. 23 shooting, was later arrested and also charged with murder.

On Wednesday, a grand jury returned a nine-count indictment against all three men, charging each with malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault and false imprisonment, the indictment shows. The three remain jailed without bond. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

Innocent till proven guilty......

If found guilty......  I think a public lynching would be appropriate.  

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    4 years ago
Innocent till proven guilty......

It might be a lot more difficult to get the conviction than most people think due to Georgia Law.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1    4 years ago

Well laid out.   Just the facts ma'am ....

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1.1.2  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1    4 years ago

Thank you for sharing this video. Based on the info he showed / provided, I thought [before he said it], "It's manslaughter based on Georgia Laws."

George had already called the police. He didn't need to persue just because he had the "right" to do so. I don't care if Arbery got away with some construction equipment, it doesn't justify persuing and killing him. I get that George felt that he was threatened, but after he called 911, he and his son should've pulled off the road, pulled out a camera to get a good face photo and submitted that to the police. There were so many other ways that this situation could have prevented a death and subsequent arrests.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1    4 years ago

This guy is very impressive and would make a great defense attorney.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1.1.2    4 years ago

Yep but that's for a duly appointed jury to decide after a legal trial.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1.1.5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.4    4 years ago

Oh. I agree. It was just my first thought based on the video.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     4 years ago

If the video didn't appear on social media these scum bags would have never faced justice. The whole damn bunch of asshatz in that county need to voted the hell out of office.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @2    4 years ago

Yep..... make body cams mandatory equipment for law enforcement, and their video content property of the public.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Kavika   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    4 years ago

Agreed, but they actually have to turn them on. That is the problem in many cases. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

One look at these two inbred knuckle draggers and you just know they aren't playing with a full deck.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago

2 quarts low in the brain pan. 8 generations of finding a spouse at the annual family reunion.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  devangelical @3.1    4 years ago

2 quarts low in the brain pan. 8 generations of finding a spouse at the annual family reunion.

Sadly, there are members on this site that hold these individuals in high esteem. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.1    4 years ago

Sadly there are members here who are already clearly prejudiced against them without knowing all the facts.

Very sad indeed.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.3  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.2    4 years ago

Vs. those that killed a man out of prejudice, facts being unnecessary.  Yeah..... that works to balance things./s

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.3    4 years ago
that killed a man out of prejudice

You don't know that since your aren't privy to all the facts in this case.   Therefore your reaction is uninformed and emotional even.   Neither play well in any court of law in this United States of America.    You are clearly allowing your biases to negatively affect your judgement.

Funny, one would think a Naval Officer could easily grasp those concepts

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.5  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.4    4 years ago

Nope... Enlisted Puke.

When it is clear from the tape of this killing you can hear one of the defendants say after Ahmaud is down..... "F___in Ni__er" makes it hard to think that race didn't have something to do with this murder.   But agreed, innocent until proven guilty.  Let the courts do their work.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.5    4 years ago
But agreed, innocent until proven guilty.  Let the courts do their work.

That's all i'm saying.  

Too many folks these days allow themselves to be talked into a rushed judgement driven largely by a more ever present media.

The NASCAR debacle is proof of that.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.2    4 years ago
Sadly there are members here who are already clearly prejudiced against them without knowing all the facts.

What other "facts" do you need after watching the full video of then running him down and shooting him like some inbred hick version of Jurassic Park? Hunting black men from the back of a truck like he was some wild animal?

Are we supposed to ignore the video if it turns out that the racist white guys in the truck gunning him down had a "good reason"? What? Did the black man hit on their daughter/sister? Should we dismiss the video if it turns out the black man ever did anything wrong in his past? Does it justify that video even if just prior they witnessed the black man committing some crime? Of course not, but I suppose some racists think that might make a difference, but sane rational Americans would know that nothing justified what we saw in the video.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.7    4 years ago

Facts that come from an actual trial and not a media kangaroo court.   Otherwise you get goatfuks like the NASCAR noose debacle.

But, i suppose if it tracks with your preferred narrative, who cares right?   Justice be damned

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Sparty On  replied to    4 years ago

No rtb,

When one rushes to judgement, without all the facts, without a legal trial, there is no justice.

Ever

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.9    4 years ago
Otherwise you get goatfuks like the NASCAR noose debacle.

Was someone unjustly accused in that case? Or are you just standing up for "white folk" in general since it looked at first like it might have been some white racist racers? Why not use the example of the many, many young black men who are wrongly accused and convicted of crimes they didn't commit? To date, 367 people in the United States have been exonerated by DNA testing, including 21 who served time on death row and the vast majority of those are black Americans. But no, you want to point out where someone dared to besmirch "whites" in general without getting all the facts first.

We had no video of someone intentionally trying and placing a noose as they said "F___in Ni__er", because if we did we'd be able to say that case was pretty much cut & dried, much like in this case. Yes, they will get a fair trial, but a fair trial includes playing that video for the jury and telling the jury that it doesn't matter one wit what these dumb fuck bigots imagined this black man to have done, they had NO right to run and gun him down like a wild animal.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.12    4 years ago

Nah, people rushed to judgement without all the facts.   Then the mass media and many people here had a good spaz out about it until the facts were in.   Now they all have egg on their faces.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.14  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.13    4 years ago
Then the mass media and many people here had a good spaz out about it until the facts were in.   Now they all have egg on their faces.

You might have noticed I did not weigh in on that seed because I knew the facts weren't all in and I had seen no pictures yet of the supposed offense. However, that was a very different case than this one where we all got to watch these dumb fucks run this man down and shoot an unarmed man who was simply trying to defend himself from a rabid racist attack.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1.14    4 years ago

And you might have notice i haven't judged anyones guilt or innocence but that doesn't change a damn thing with the foundational principle of our justice system.

Innocent until proven guilty.  

That doesn't happen via the mass media or the internet.   Only a legal trial can do that.   And there hasn't been one of those yet in this case .....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.2    4 years ago

The police were called, and those men had no right to kill Ahmaud Arbery. Furthermore, this is what the homeowner has said:

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
3.1.17  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.16    4 years ago

I'm glad that the English family [the owners of that property under construction] came out and made these statements. Like you... unless he was in the process of murdering someone else himself, Ahmaud should NEVER have even been approached to begin with, let alone with force. Trespassing was the only crime that we can see that Ahmaud committed, which certainly doesn't justify what happened. As I stated above, there's so many other ways this could've been handled without a senseless death and arrests.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.18  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.6    4 years ago

Their trial will be very interesting indeed.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
3.1.19  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.18    4 years ago

I can't imagine that they're going to be able to find very many, if at all, anyone that has NOT followed or heard of the case to fill the jury with non-biased jurors at this point.