╌>

U.S. reports record 67,400 single-day spike of new coronavirus cases

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  9 comments

By:   Will Feuer & Nate Ratner

U.S. reports record 67,400 single-day spike of new coronavirus cases
The U.S. has reported an average of about 62,210 new cases per day over the past seven days, more than triple the average just a month ago.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Daily new cases have grown by at least 5% compared with a week ago in 43 states and the District of Columbia.

And hospitalizations are up more than 5% compared with a week ago in 30 states.

Daily new Covid-19 deaths, which lag behind new cases, have also been steadily rising nationally, driven by a number of states with rapidly expanding outbreaks. 

With new cases surging, especially in so-called hot-spot states across the South and West, the country’s testing infrastructure, however, is struggling to keep up.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday called on Americans to wear masks to help contain the spread of the virus. Director Dr. Robert Redfield told Dr. Howard Bauchner of the Journal of the American Medical Association  in an interview Tuesday  the U.S.  could get its outbreak under control in one to two months if every American wore a mask.  

“The time is now,” Redfield said. “I think if we could get everybody to wear a mask right now I think in four, six, eight weeks we could bring this epidemic under control.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

The U.S. has reported an average of about 62,210 new cases per day over the past seven days, more than triple the average just a month ago.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Hospitalizations are up more than 5% compared with a week ago in 30 states.

Daily new Covid-19 deaths, which lag behind new cases, have also been steadily rising nationally, driven by a number of states with rapidly expanding outbreaks. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday called on Americans to wear masks to help contain the spread of the virus. Director Dr. Robert Redfield told Dr. Howard Bauchner of the Journal of the American Medical Association  in an interview Tuesday  the U.S.   could get its outbreak under control in one to two months if every American wore a mask.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    4 years ago
"...the U.S.   could get its outbreak under control in one to two months if every American wore a mask."

LOL.  If every American wore a mask?  What do you think this is?  Hallowe'en?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    4 years ago
If every American wore a mask?  What do you think this is?  Hallowe'en

No-- people only wear masks when celebrating Halloween which we don't do here-- after all Halloween is only celebrated in China and other East Asian countries:

Photo: Asians turn out in Yuge numbers every year to observe the traditional ancient Chinese holiday of Halloween!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1    4 years ago

And in addition to wearing masks, traditional Chinese foods such as beans are eaten on this important holiday:

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1.1    4 years ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     4 years ago

The battle cry of the ignorant...''I have my rights and I'm not going to wear a mask''

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @6    4 years ago

More like the battle cry of the faux-patriots.