╌>

Gaetz says Cheney should be removed or step down as GOP leader

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  flynavy1  •  4 years ago  •  25 comments

By:   Juliegrace Brufke

Gaetz says Cheney should be removed or step down as GOP leader
"Jim Jordan, my colleague, my mentor, my friend made the case strongly that Liz Cheney is hurting President Trump,"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) is calling on House GOP Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney (Wyo.) to step down or be removed from her leadership role following a heated confrontation during a House GOP conference meeting on Tuesday morning.

Gaetz accused Cheney, the third-ranking House GOP member, of working behind the scenes and in public against President Trump, making the charges on Twitter and on his podcast. .

"I do not believe that Liz Cheney is the right person to lead the House Republican Conference into this upcoming November election," Gaetz   said in a podcast   exclusively obtained by The Hill in advance of its release.

Gaetz, along with Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), Chip Roy (R-Texas), Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) got into an argument with Cheney during the conference meeting.

"Jim Jordan, my colleague, my mentor, my friend made the case strongly that Liz Cheney is hurting President Trump," Gaetz said on his podcast.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

Does anyone really think the problem is with Liz Cheney....?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1  JBB  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    4 years ago

Wyoming voters should ask themselves that...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @1.1    4 years ago

we have .

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.1    4 years ago

I find her to have her feet on the ground most of the time..... What do you think about her?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.2    4 years ago
What do you think about her?

I voted for her , One has to remember Wyo has a single lone rep in the house at large.the minimum allowed under the constitution per state.

compared to those that have ran against her and I am remembering she is still relatively new in terms of terms served , it was no contest.

I also remember and keep in mind that Wyo has not sent a democrat to be a member of congress, house or senate , since the late 70s , and in my view that's about the time that true conservative democrats started to go extinct in the party.

and I will likely be voting for her again.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.4  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.3    4 years ago

Fair enough answer Mark,

Hope all is well with you.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.5  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.4    4 years ago

Little on the hot and dry side here , red flag days weatherwise , currently doing some trash burning with the irrigation pump watering the burn barrels , yeah I live far enough out that there is no trash pick up.

Right now in my breezeway its 100 degrees with a gentle wind , part of the reason I call my place the whispering winds .

time for some southern style sweet tea with a little rum mixed in.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.6  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.5    4 years ago

You have a great afternoon Mark..... enjoy the tea!

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    4 years ago

Liz Cheney is hurting Trump. The economy is hurting Trump. Biden is hurting Trump. The media is hurting Trump. Covid-19 is hurting Trump. Poor Trump. Poor Poor Donald Trump. Everybody treats him so bad. Waah Waah Waah!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JBB @2    4 years ago

Careful JBB...... The right-wingers are going to be demanding that you count backwards from 100 by sevens, or identify the picture of an elephant if you keep that up.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.2  lady in black  replied to  JBB @2    4 years ago

116042645_10222616009179899_4948457603504738118_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=SGcjqIeqpzEAX-0UQVt&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=b8b8c65d0075c4ba6e5ffa86b72e4555&oe=5F3D6840

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

What? Did the big mean lady hurt their feelings?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    4 years ago

Most likely..... by speaking the truth.  I haven't the stomach to listen to any of them to find out what she said about Trump.  It seems to be a wide set of issues.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1    4 years ago

I'm pretty certain that Liz Cheney still has the right to speak her mind. She doesn't have to support trmp if she doesn't want to.

I think they are getting their panties in a twist

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.1    4 years ago

I think the more traditional conservatives want a different candidate rather than being pulled even further into the Trump bat-shit crazy vortex.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     4 years ago

Shame on Cheney for picking on the president. /s

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5  Gsquared    4 years ago

You don't think Trump is feeling aggrieved and asked his boys to get on her case and put out that statement?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6  lady in black    4 years ago

I found this:

The pair reportedly came to blows during a conference meeting earlier Tuesday where several Republican lawmakers confronted Cheney for backing Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie’s primary opponent, according to tweets from   Politico reporter Melanie Zanona .

Lawmakers like Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, another passionate ally of Trump and a member of the unruly   Freedom Caucus faction , accused the Wyoming congresswoman of repeatedly breaking with the president, Zanona wrote.

Some legislators were also unhappy with Cheney’s defense of Dr. Anthony Fauci.

The confrontation seems to be the boiling point for tensions that had been festering for weeks after Cheney   tweeted a picture   of her famous father wearing a mask last month along with the hashtag #realmenwearmasks.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  lady in black @6    4 years ago

Tensions do seem to be running high within the party of Trump.....

Ender
Professor Principal
6.2  Ender  replied to  lady in black @6    4 years ago

Shows me it is no longer the gop but the party of trump.

Tow the line or be harassed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    4 years ago

I think Gaetz should just STFU.  

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
8  Account Deleted    4 years ago

I would be pleased if Liz retired from politics and followed her true passion to be a quail safari guide for  various lawyers and Republican politicians.

Having said that - I don't think she is stupid.

She wants a political life after Trump.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8.1  pat wilson  replied to  Account Deleted @8    4 years ago
if Liz retired

Republicans would be wise to hold onto any member with an IQ over 100. There aren't very many.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @8.1    4 years ago

This one on your side would love to one day have hers get up to 90...https://www.instagram.com/p/CC6wnbMAg1pnfEG5aCYVQr8go935r2LojpHQvQ0/?igshid=6ph0y3jf50no

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.1    4 years ago

Your link doesn't work, how about telling me who your post is referring to and what is "your side" ?