╌>

REPORT : TRUMP FUMED OVER CONFEDERATE FLAG REMOVAL FROM MILITARY BASES

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  168 comments

REPORT : TRUMP FUMED OVER CONFEDERATE FLAG REMOVAL FROM MILITARY BASES
Trump lashed out after Defense Secretary Mark Esper issued a directive that essentially banned the display of the Confederate flag on U.S. military bases

How dare anyone suggest Trump is racist or supports racist motivations  !!!!!!!!

LOL. 

According to sources close to the matter   speaking to CNN , President Trump lashed out after Defense Secretary Mark Esper issued a directive that essentially banned the display of the Confederate flag on U.S. military bases.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

www.rawstory.com   /2020/07/trump-was-fuming-after-defense-secretary-espers-de-facto-ban-on-confederate-flags-report/

Trump was ‘fuming’ after Defense Secretary Esper’s de facto ban on Confederate flags: report

Published 3 mins ago on July 24, 2020 By Sky Palma
1-1 minutes

According to sources close to the matter   speaking to CNN , President Trump lashed out after Defense Secretary Mark Esper issued a directive that essentially banned the display of the Confederate flag on U.S. military bases.

“According to two people familiar with his reaction, Trump was fuming over Esper’s carefully worded memo that did not mention the flag by name, but effectively banned it from being flown on military installations by not naming it,” CNN’s Kaitlan Collins reports.

As CNN points out, Trump has expressed support for people who choose to fly the Confederate flag. Esper’s move is apparently the latest downturn in his relationship with Trump that has “significantly deteriorated in recent months.”

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago
Trump has expressed support for people who choose to fly the Confederate flag.

Good for him!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1    4 years ago

The deplorables are overjoyed. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.2  JBB  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1    4 years ago

Why do you say that? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1    4 years ago

The Confederacy basically committed an act of treason vs The United States of America.

Why do you think they should be honored for that?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Krishna @1.1.3    4 years ago

Your understanding of what constitutes treason is faulty.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.5  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JBB @1.1.2    4 years ago
Why do you say that?

Because the Confederate flag has become a symbol of the South. We should be able to fly it whenever we want.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.6  devangelical  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.5    4 years ago

if some traitors want to fly the flag of a defeated enemy of the USA in public as though the cause is not yet lost, I should have the right to use powder, cap, and ball when I see it being displayed. fair is fair.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  cjcold  replied to  devangelical @1.1.6    4 years ago

Unfortunately the ones who display it are likely armed with AR-15s.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.8  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.5    4 years ago
Because the Confederate flag has become a symbol of the South. We should be able to fly it whenever we want.

Leaving aside for the moment the white supremacist undertones of the confederate flag, why exactly does the "South" need it's own flag?  You say it like it is taken for granted that a geographical region of the United States should have it's own flag that it's people should fly.  I live in the midwest  Great Lakes region and I've never heard of a flag that people from the Great Lakes should or do fly to show their pride in their region. Same for New England, Mid Atlantic, the prairie states or the West. We don't have "regional" flags that are normally flown on the back of pick up trucks in support of a particular region.  The South needs to get over itself. You lost the war 155 years ago so put the damn flags away. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.9  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.8    4 years ago

Because we are proud to be from the South. Sandy beaches, warm weather, mint juleps, and a more friendly attitude to strangers than most other places. We love it down here and aren't afraid to show it.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.10  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  devangelical @1.1.6    4 years ago
if some traitors want to fly the flag of a defeated enemy of the USA in public

Going to be shooting Mexican's too??? How about Japanese??? German's? British? French? How about Native American's?

Better stock up on ammo since we see those flags everywhere as well.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.11  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  cjcold @1.1.7    4 years ago
the ones who display it are likely armed with AR-15s.

I'd be more worried about their .30-06 and .308's. One shot, one kill. Place is loaded down with  hunters who spend hours in trees waiting for a chance to shoot something worth killing.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.9    4 years ago
more friendly attitude to strangers than most other places.

Not always. I come from the rural North and found more friendly people there than I have in the South. Some people give me major attitude when they hear I'm a damyankee

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.14  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.8    4 years ago
The South needs to get over itself. You lost the war 155 years ago so put the damn flags away. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.15  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.12    4 years ago
when they hear I'm a damyankee

A Yankee is someone from up North. A damn Yankee is one who moves into the South and tries to tell us what to do.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.16  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to    4 years ago
Would that ever include for any reason imaginable, a fellow citizen?

Let's put it this way...YES! If you don't believe me, have Antifa try burning down their house...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.15    4 years ago

I moved here not by choice. But I stayed by choice

And the only time I try to tell anyone to do something is when they are not following regulations. Other than than, drink your sweet tea and stop asking me if I have a church home

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.19  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.17    4 years ago
I moved here not by choice. But I stayed by choice

So how do you feel about being classified as a Racist just because of where you live?  I don't know about you, but it kinda chaps my ass that people will assume that just because you live in a certain place and are proud enough to call it home that you will fly a flag that represents that area, you are automatically a Racist. Never mind that you have an octoroon wife, a half-black sister, and an Asian brother-in-law, you still MUST be a Racist...

SMH...

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.20  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to    4 years ago
Then some have ceded the true understanding and appreciation of our birthright.

Sorry, but just because we are American's doesn't mean we will give up the Right to defend our homes, our families, and our selves from those bent on doing us harm just because they are fellow citizen's. As a matter of fact, that Right is actually guaranteed by the same document that makes us American's!

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Ender  replied to    4 years ago
white male property owners will govern exclusively

Giuliani actually was talking about how Black people want reparations and that would include picking and taking any land they want...

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.23  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to    4 years ago
It will take extraordinary leadership to right the current course and change the narrative, from both existing parties or more positively, the birth of a new coalition. Forget 2020 as this promises to be the nadir of the dominant two-party dysfunction...here's hoping for significant change in 2024.

And on that we do agree! Peace to you too!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.24  bugsy  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @1.1.9    4 years ago
Because we are proud to be from the South. Sandy beaches, warm weather, mint juleps, and a more friendly attitude to strangers than most other places. We love it down here and aren't afraid to show it.

Don't forget a far more larger black population in southern states than most racist northern states.

There is a reason why many blacks want to stay in the south, and it isn't SOUTHERN states racism.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

here's a picture of the only scumbag white supremacist confederate flag that ever mattered....

Surrender.jpg

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.2.1  Account Deleted  replied to  devangelical @1.2    4 years ago

What's that brown stuff on the white flag.

Oh... single ply or two ply?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Account Deleted @1.2.1    4 years ago

racist confederate brains, so same thing...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

According to sources close to the matter   speaking to CNN

Shirley a trustworthy source!      jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Do you mean the Confedracy that was formed by what became the Democrat party.

The party that supported slavery, founded the KKK, and practiced racism and segregation into the 1960's?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.1  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    4 years ago

if that's the case greg, why are you defending the display of their flag?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @1.3.1    4 years ago

I'm not defending the flag, just pointing out the faux outrage of the democrats denying their complicity in the formation of the confederacy.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.3  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.2    4 years ago

and I'm happy to plant their choice of swastikas, rising suns, north korean, north vietnamese or iraqi flags on the graves of trumpster veterans in the future to further your false equivalence...

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.3.4  Krishna  replied to  devangelical @1.3.1    4 years ago

Perhaps he's secretly a Democrat?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.4  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    4 years ago

White House threatens defense bill veto over Confederate base names

The White House issued a 13-page statement expressing “serious concerns” about multiple provisions of the bill, including the renaming of some military institutions.
9fddf78f-c26f-4dfa-8aca-1f123e9742b5_1920x1080.jpg
Author: MATTHEW DALY Associated Press
Published: 8:10 AM EDT July 22, 2020
Updated: 8:10 AM EDT July 22, 2020

WASHINGTON — The White House is threatening to veto a massive defense policy bill over a provision that would rename military bases such as Fort Bragg that are named after Confederate officers.

The veto threat Tuesday came hours before the House approved the $741 billion annual defense authorization, a sprawling, bipartisan bill that includes a 3% pay raise for U.S. troops.

The 295-125 vote sends the bill to the Senate, where lawmakers are considering a similar measure.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @1.4    4 years ago

Like others, I doubt if Trump is really a fan of the confederate flag. But he thinks his base is and he will do whatever it takes to get Jim Bob and Lester out to vote. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

I have been to a few military bases in the South and I never saw any of those bases flying a confederate flag. Some of the state flags look similar to the confederate flag but not the same thing.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    4 years ago

Saw them in a lot of personal lockers on bases though....

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    4 years ago

Were they all racist Southern boys?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.1    4 years ago

Yes Greg.... some of them were even given administrative discharges back in the 1980s for being found to having memberships in the KKK....  it was part of "Operation Project Upgrade in 81 & 82".

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    4 years ago

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

I'm curious as to which military installations were flying the Confederate Guideon?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    4 years ago

Means it cannot be flown at base housing.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @5.1    4 years ago

I've been living in base housing my entire career and NEVER saw that guideon flown anywhere.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.1    4 years ago

And now there are regulations against it.

Just curious, did you ever see any other flags? Other than the US flag.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  sixpick  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.1    4 years ago

I've never seen a Confederate Flag flown anywhere on a base, although I'm sure some platoons or squads have flown them, only to represent where they were from, such as the South.  I'm sure slavery would have been the last thing on their minds.  I've seen blacks together with whites with Confederate flags while traveling on the country roads and through small country towns.

These agitators don't give a crap about the Confederate flag, only to use it as a tool.  They don't care about the people or the children in this country, whether they are black or any other color.  The only thing they care about is power.  Right now, they are desperate.  I mean really desperate.  They were caught completely blindsided when Trump won the election in 2016, because the American Bolshevik Apparatus lied and convinced them Hillary had a 93% chance of winning up until the last days before the election.

They were ready to take control of this country and the people.  They had already elected the first real Marxist to the highest office in the land and although he was cool, he was still a Marxist and did everything he could to start the transformation of this country into a Utopia Paradise where they would have the power to rule over the masses forever, when Trump came along and tripped them up.

They had already committed numerous crimes against the people of this country, but were so confident they would win the election, they had no fear of any of it being exposed.  But after the election, they knew the American people would discover just how corrupt they really had been.  I mean they were really confident, but now they are desperate for several reasons.

They fear if they don't win this upcoming election, they know the truth will become undeniable and they are scared to death.  At this time, I call them the American Bolshevik Apparatus, consisting of the the Democrat Party (the party of slavery), almost all of the media and the puppet masters who are funding all these insurrections. 

The people who are supporting this Apparatus could be called Useful Idiots, but I'm still not totally satisfied with with The American Bolsheviks as a proper name for them because they tend to follow the The Mao Zedong doctrine a little more, I think.  But maybe we should call them the American Mutts, since they have characteristics of Soviet and Chinese Communism sprinkled with Fascism.

I'm not interested in the "At the Moment News of Today".  I'm more interested in the big picture, the whole picture.  I don't think they are aware that many more people have, let's just say, woken up to who they really are as they continually expose themselves every day of the week and every moment of the day.

All this BS is exactly that, in my opinion.  It's like the kettle calling the pot black.  Do you know that at one time 20% of the populations of cities like New York City consisted of slaves, first Indians and later blacks?  Where do you think all the money came from to build all those ships that carried slaves? Where do you think all the labor came from to build New York City and other northern cities?  How do you think these northern states supported their economies?  Where were the richest people in the country who had the means to carry out this atrocity of bringing slaves to this and other countries?  Do you think the rich landowners with hundreds of slaves suffered the mosquitoes of Charleston all summer or did they have someone run their business while they trucked it back up north until the fall of the year?

None of us have any reason to call anyone else out.  Do you think when Sherman was burning the South that all these young men went to war to maintain slavery or maybe it was to save their homeland, their families and their own lives from the Northern aggression against them?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.4  JBB  replied to  sixpick @5.1.3    4 years ago

I call out your guarantee that the Confederate flags isn't offensive to black soldiers. It was, it is and it will remain so. Thus it is banned...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @5.1.4    4 years ago

When did you serve and where?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  sixpick @5.1.3    4 years ago

I bet most people don't know  that the family that founded the New York Times owned slaves.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.1.7  sixpick  replied to  JBB @5.1.4    4 years ago
I call out your guarantee that the Confederate flags isn't offensive to black soldiers. It was, it is and it will remain so. Thus it is banned...

I don't know what the heck you are talking about and I don't think you do either.  Usually comments like the one you replied to are filled with facts, something some people will not even address, mostly because they are unable to comprehend them, anyway.

Read it again a few times and maybe you will begin to see how fools are made out of decent people.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.8  JBB  replied to  sixpick @5.1.7    4 years ago

Then you still do not yet understand why the damned Confederate flag is now banned on all US military bases, butt I do. So, who really lacks understanding here? Hint...it's not me!

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.9  devangelical  replied to  sixpick @5.1.3    4 years ago
These agitators don't give a crap about the Confederate flag, only to use it as a tool.

who are we talking about again?

I just got back from 3 months on the beach in texas. prior to that george guy being killed there were dozens of white supremacist traitor flags to be seen being flown off the back of pickups and beach buggies. after the killing, very few were to be seen. they were replaced by trump flags, same thing. seems the gray bellies have no appetite for confrontation. though still plenty of tea party terrorist and come and take it flags to be seen. funny how the american flag was outnumbered by all the rest.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @5.1.2    4 years ago
And now there are regulations against it.

A regulation to ban something that didn't happen.  How leftist.

Just curious, did you ever see any other flags? Other than the US flag.

Yes and many situation dependent.  I've seen state flags and flags from other countries, unit guideons...

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  sixpick @5.1.3    4 years ago
These agitators don't give a crap about the Confederate flag, only to use it as a tool.

Notice that tool only gets used after a perceived racial incident occurs. 

• Trayvon Martin -the Confederate Battle Flag was drug out. 
  • Michael Brown - the Confederate Battle Flag was drug out. 
  • Gorge Floyd - here we are again, the Confederate Battle Flag was drug out.

Between these incidents there wasn't a damn thing about it.  It's almost like they wrap themselves in the Confederate Battle Flag.

What I find amusing is the assumption that ALL blacks are offended by this flag.  

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.10    4 years ago

A ban that happened to stop any problems. How very progressive...

It will also apply to stickers on peoples vehicles.

That you are against this makes me wonder about certain attitudes.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.11    4 years ago

What i no longer find amusing is the complete denial that racist people use the flag.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Ender  replied to  sixpick @5.1.7    4 years ago

You know what they say about those that accuse others of certain things.

Through all your long winded speech, you said nothing other than you think it is all because of donald, then proceeded to throw out every label you could think of at the time.

Do you actually think there wasn't controversy about this flag before he was elected?

The idea that this is all about his election is ludicrous.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.1.15  sixpick  replied to  JBB @5.1.8    4 years ago
Then you still do not yet understand why the damned Confederate flag is now banned on all US military bases, butt I do. So, who really lacks understanding here? Hint...it's not me!

So tell me JBB, how many Confederate flags have you seen flying on military bases during your time on this earth?

The military has banned the Confederate flag on bases for the simple reason to do something to try to calm the atmosphere the Marxists have ignited and take away another potential tool they can use to divide this country.  Having evidence of Confederate flags being flown on military bases would be a sordid blessing for the Marxists.  They have one objective and that is to divide and conquer this country.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.16  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @5.1.15    4 years ago
The military has banned the Confederate flag on bases for the simple reason to do something to try to calm the atmosphere the Marxists have ignited and take away another potential tool they can use to divide this country.  Having evidence of Confederate flags being flown on military bases would be a sordid blessing for the Marxists.  They have one objective and that is to divide and conquer this country.

There are people in this country who are way out there, and we see evidence of it every day , here and elsewhere.   

Where have you gone Joe McCarthy, a nation turns it's lonely eyes to you. 

Now getting rid of the most prominent symbol of white supremacy in American history is derided as a consequence of surrendering to communists. 

Sixpick, how about it was done because it was the fucking right thing to do. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.17  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.16    4 years ago
Sixpick, how about it was done because it was the fucking right thing to do. 

That doesn't give people a reason to rant about conspiracy theories and the red peril.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.18  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @5.1.3    4 years ago
None of us have any reason to call anyone else out.  Do you think when Sherman was burning the South that all these young men went to war to maintain slavery or maybe it was to save their homeland, their families and their own lives from the Northern aggression against them?

This essay is filled with conspiracy theories, false statements about the previous president, and all around kookery.  Not too many people are laughing any more though. 

Now you are claiming that the North was the "bad guys" in the Civil War.  We have to get opinions like that one out of our politics and Nov is our chance. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @5.1.12    4 years ago
It will also apply to stickers on peoples vehicles.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.  I can tell that already.

That you are against this makes me wonder about certain attitudes.

Is that supposed to concern me?  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.1.20  sixpick  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.11    4 years ago

Notice that tool only gets used after a perceived racial incident occurs. 

• Trayvon Martin -the Confederate Battle Flag was drug out. 
  • Michael Brown - the Confederate Battle Flag was drug out. 
  • Gorge Floyd - here we are again, the Confederate Battle Flag was drug out.

Between these incidents there wasn't a damn thing about it.  It's almost like they wrap themselves in the Confederate Battle Flag.

What I find amusing is the assumption that ALL blacks are offended by this flag

The Radical Democrats are the Party who carried that flag into battle.  What I find so ridiculous is they think we're against the banning of the Confederate flag on United States bases.  We've never said that.  The only thing we've done is expose them for who they are, Radicals.  They don't care about anything but power.  We just accuse them of what they are guilty of doing and that is using the Confederate flag as a means to fool Black's into thinking they are protecting them from perceived systemic racism, when it is they who are and have always been the racists.

They promote the destruction of this country every day.  They are deceitful and only use the Confederate flag, like you've said, when they think it will fool blacks into thinking they are doing something for them. 

They are for open borders, which reduces the potential for employment for all citizens of this country.

They allow those who would vote for Bernie Sanders, the Red Diaper Senator, to destroy the lives and businesses in Black Communities and threaten court actions against anyone who tries to save the lives and businesses of these people.

They are the Radicals.  They are the Marxists.  They are the hypocrites.  They are the American Bolshevik Party.

And they will pick one sentence out of this comment and twist it into something it is not and accuse us of things we are not, but they are.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.21  Ender  replied to  sixpick @5.1.20    4 years ago

No need to pick one sentence when the whole screed is nothing but horse shit.

I keep asking myself, for some on the right, how far...to the point of no return...

Seems some have already crossed that line.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.23  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @5.1.12    4 years ago
A ban that happened to stop any problems. How very progressive...

How progressive.  Identify a problem that doesn't exist.  Create a "solution" for a problem that doesn't exist.  Then parade around saying " I dun did good!".  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.24  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @5.1.20    4 years ago
The Radical Democrats are the Party who carried that flag into battle.

This nonsense has eaten away the thinking power of countless right wingers.  

Using this "logic" Ronald Reagan was a Democrat his entire life.  

Reagan began as a Hollywood Democrat , and Franklin D. Roosevelt was "a true hero" to him. [76] He moved to the right-wing in the 1950s, became a Republican in 1962, and emerged as a leading conservative spokesman in the Goldwater campaign of 1964 . [77]

In his early political career, he joined numerous political committees with a left-wing orientation, such as the American Veterans Committee . He fought against Republican-sponsored right-to-work legislation and supported Helen Gahagan Douglas in 1950 when she was defeated for the Senate by Richard Nixon .

Reagan was a Democrat for about 25 years. He couldnt have possibly changed. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.1.25  sixpick  replied to  devangelical @5.1.9    4 years ago
who are we talking about again? I just got back from 3 months on the beach in texas. prior to that george guy being killed there were dozens of white supremacist traitor flags to be seen being flown off the back of pickups and beach buggies. after the killing, very few were to be seen. they were replaced by trump flags, same thing. seems the gray bellies have no appetite for confrontation. though still plenty of tea party terrorist and come and take it flags to be seen. funny how the american flag was outnumbered by all the rest.

You can burn the Confederate flag and you can burn the American flag, but I've not seen anyone who loves this country burning either one of them.  And I've not seen any Tea Party members burning the businesses in Black communities, nor have I seen anything to indicate they are terrorists. 

I've only seen the Radicals who will vote Democrat, if they vote, this fall attempting to destroy this country. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.26  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.23    4 years ago

So you are saying that the military itself is acting in bad faith?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.27  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to    4 years ago
Some of these people are fighting a war that has been over for 159 years.

Some people have been playing VICTIM for 159 years.  You seem to forget there were more than blacks held as slaves.  Asians, Native Americans, Whites, virtually every skin color were held as slaves in the US.  

I see the flag as just another cudgel to beat their fellow citizen with the good news soon they will run out of issues and they will have to come up with actual ideas to fit problems besides you are a racist.

So you admit you really don't know the history of that "flag".  Since you cant (or refuse) to get past the racism element, you seem to ignore the other flags that fly with the Confederate guideon.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.28  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @5.1.26    4 years ago

Did you read 5.1.23? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.29  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.23    4 years ago
Identify a problem that doesn't exist.

Of course a problem exists. People fly the confederate flag to express white supremacy. 

150629_kkk_confederate_flag_ap_1160.jpg

30e3be71477b1794775e23b1d1b5cf076b60d9e7.jpeg?auto=compress&w=1400&ar=3%3A2&fit=crop&crop=faces&q=65&fm=jpg&ixlib=react-9.0.1

On July 18, (2015) on the grounds of the South Carolina Statehouse, a Ku Klux Klan group plans to hold a rally   in support of the Confederate flag. It’s a reaction to the  ongoing debate  over whether the flag should be taken down from its current place above a Confederate memorial near the Statehouse in the wake of the  racially motivated Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church shooting .

Many have argued that the Confederate flag isn’t a symbol of racism so much as one of southern heritage. This is an  impossible case to make , and the KKK’s support of the flag is only confirmation of its violent, racist past.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.30  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.28    4 years ago

Well considering that the military itself put the ban in place, you must consider them as you suggested.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.31  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.29    4 years ago

According to some, there is no problem. All Black people are just fine with the flag....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.33  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.27    4 years ago
Some people have been playing VICTIM for 159 years.  You seem to forget there were more than blacks held as slaves.  Asians, Native Americans, Whites, virtually every skin color were held as slaves in the US. 

Comments like that are borderline racism.  Your comment, almost directly, implies that blacks who won't forget slavery have been playing the victim since the Civil War ended and they never had things worse than anyone else anyway. 

You should rethink what you are saying. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.34  devangelical  replied to  sixpick @5.1.20    4 years ago

[removed]

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.36  Ender  replied to    4 years ago

Odd that some would think the pic of Lil Jon is support for it.

The flag is on fire in the pic.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.38  Ender  replied to    4 years ago

And some on the right use it as a symbol of their racism.

There is no denying it. It is a known fact.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.1.39  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.18    4 years ago

This essay is filled with conspiracy theories, false statements about the previous president, and all around kookery.  Not too many people are laughing any more though. 

Now you are claiming that the North was the "bad guys" in the Civil War.  We have to get opinions like that one out of our politics and Nov is our chance. 

John, as I recall, you were a Bernie Sanders supporter in the 2016 election.  Well, Bernie Sanders has won the Democrat Primary and all those who are destroying the cities in Democrat states are Bernie Sanders supporters.  Pretty soon you'll see the "I searched out Marxists professors" president campaign with Joe Biden. 

Obama refused to support him until he surrendered to the "Brain Snatchers", aka Marxists.  It wouldn't surprise me if, when Biden comes out of his hole, if Michelle Obama is introduced as his running mate.   That would mean, if Biden won, Obama would get his third term as President.  And then, all of a sudden the burning of cites would stop because it is the Marxists, aka Democrats, who are behind all of this anarchy.

Oh and by the way I didn't say the North were the "bad guys", you said I said that, but the North was as involved with the introduction of slavery in this country as much anyone else. 

Now I'm going to put another comment as the last comment in this article at this time.  It will include the link as well as the contents of the article. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.40  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @5.1.39    4 years ago
John, as I recall, you were a Bernie Sanders supporter in the 2016 election.  Well, Bernie Sanders has won the Democrat Primary and all those who are destroying the cities in Democrat states are Bernie Sanders supporters.  Pretty soon you'll see the "I searched out Marxists professors" president campaign with Joe Biden. 

No I supported Hillary Clinton on the theory that Sanders was not electable. He is getting closer though as generations change and people see how vile and nutty Trumpism is. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.1.41  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.40    4 years ago

No I supported Hillary Clinton on the theory that Sanders was not electable. He is getting closer though as generations change and people see how vile and nutty Trumpism is. 

I just remember you saying you wanted Bernie Sanders, but that's neither here nor there.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.42  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @5.1.41    4 years ago

I wouldnt mind at all if Bernie Sanders was president now instead of the piece of human garbage currently holding the office. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.43  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.29    4 years ago

Nice try.  Show me where that problem exists on military installations.  You know, since that is what we're talking about.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.44  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.33    4 years ago
Comments like that are borderline racism. 

Maybe in your mind.  It's not factually wrong.  

Your comment, almost directly, implies that blacks who won't forget slavery have been playing the victim since the Civil War ended and they never had things worse than anyone else anyway. 

That's what YOU are taking from my statement.  

You should rethink what you are saying. 

Why?  Because it hurts your feelings?  If that's the case then it seems you have the problem not me.  I'm only responsible for what I say.  Not your reaction to it.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.45  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to    4 years ago

I misunderstood.  My apologies.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.1.46  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.42    4 years ago
I wouldnt mind at all if Bernie Sanders was president now instead of the piece of human garbage currently holding the office. 

Don't you just love this video.  It's one of Bernie's soldiers vs one of God's soldiers.  Look at that smile.  Bernie's soldier, never had a job, still living in his mama's basement like Biden, going to take somebody out behind the gym, you know the theme.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.47  Trout Giggles  replied to  sixpick @5.1.39    4 years ago
Well, Bernie Sanders has won the Democrat Primary and all those who are destroying the cities in Democrat states are Bernie Sanders supporters. 

When did Bernie Sanders win the Democratic Party nomination? Unless you really do mean the Democrat Party (of which I never heard of) and Sanders did win that primary. Not sure there is actually a Democrat Party on the ballot....

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.48  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ender @5.1.13    4 years ago
What i no longer find amusing is the complete denial that racist people use the flag.

Those same racist people are also flying the American flag. Where's your outrage over that flag?  You know, the one that flew over slavery and genocide for a helluva lot longer than the Confederate battle flag did and continues to fly over systemic Racism apparently...

Facts are a bitch

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.49  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.48    4 years ago

And what facts would those be?

That racist people fly the confederate flag along side the American flag?

Talk about a convoluted narrative.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.50  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JBB @5.1.4    4 years ago
I call out your guarantee that the Confederate flags isn't offensive to black soldiers.

And yet not to all of them...

confederate-flag-military-21.jpg

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.51  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.50    4 years ago

And that is a state flag that has now been retried.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.52  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ender @5.1.51    4 years ago
And that is a state flag that has now been retried.

Your point?  I thought you said that ALL military  blacks considered the Stars and Bars to be offensive to them, and yet here is proof of the opposite being true. ANYTHING benign can be offensive if used to offend. It is the intent that matters, not the object. Take the words "Fuck you" or the "N" word. You would think that would be patently offensive, but we know different don't we. An actual insult that can be used as a compliment! Imagine that!!!  So don't even think about telling anyone what they MUST perceive something to be. It just doesn't work.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.53  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ender @5.1.49    4 years ago
And what facts would those be?

The ones about the American flag you are so desperately trying to deny/ignore...

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.54  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.52    4 years ago

My point was what you are still doing. Trying to convolute the message.

The picture you posted of people from the same state, with nine white people and one Black person I might add, in no way means a majority of people are fine with the confederate flag. Quite the opposite when there has been an ongoing controversy, even about the flag you chose to make a bad point about, which has now been retired.

You are the one saying things that are untrue. I dare you to walk up to a group of black people and use the N word. It would in no way be a compliment coming from you or I.

I am not telling anyone what to think, I am stating what should be obvious facts.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.55  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.53    4 years ago

I am not desperately trying to do anything. Except maybe seeking Susan.

I am laughing at the insanity of trying to compare people flying the US flag with flying another one.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.56  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ender @5.1.55    4 years ago

People who defend the confederate flag just make themselves look ridiculous. It is not conjecture that the flag is used as a symbol of white supremacy, it is a known fact.  But the flags supporters dont care because "Dukes Of Hazard" and "Smokey And The Bandit" were good ol boy fun. 

Sometimes all you can do is laugh at them. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.57  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ender @5.1.54    4 years ago
I dare you to walk up to a group of black people and use the N word. It would in no way be a compliment coming from you or I

Been there, done that; they gave me a Tee shirt (literally). Happened in a black strip club where me and my buddy were the only two white guys with enough balls to walk in and have a good time. Played pool, got dances from the girls; hell, we even bought dances for some of the other guys hanging out in there. Like they and I both agreed, it isn't the word that is offensive, it's how it's used that makes the difference. I'm sorry if that doesn't jive with your mantra, but it is what it is...

I am not telling anyone what to think,

When you try to tell me that the Confederate Battle flag is a Racist symbol simply because some Racist people, an actual minority of people flying it, is Racist and that I shouldn't fly it because of THEIR actions; then you are indeed telling me what to think and do.

I am stating what should be obvious facts.

No, that would be me...

And that is from an unbiased source

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.58  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ender @5.1.55    4 years ago
the insanity of trying to compare people flying the US flag with flying another one.

You are right, there is no comparison between the two. The U.S. flag has more racist blood on it than the Confederate one does by far...

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.59  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.58    4 years ago

You are only telling yourself what you want to hear.

The US only has its simple meaning. The other flag has its own meaning.

All I am getting from you is denial.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.60  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ender @5.1.59    4 years ago
All I am getting from you is denial.

Only thing I'm denying is that the Confederate Battle Flag is only a symbol of Racism.

You, on the other hand, can't even admit that the U.S. flag has flown over more racism, murder, and imperialism than the good ole Rebel Flag could ever aspire to if it was indeed a symbol only of Racism. So I guess you are right, the simple meaning of the US flag is it's okay to be a murdering racist country as long as the wealthy will profit from it!

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.61  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.60    4 years ago

It doesn't matter how many times some people want to say it is about heritage. There is only one heritage it has.

Deflecting into what has happened under the US flag, is yes, deflection.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.62  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ender @5.1.61    4 years ago
It doesn't matter how many times some people want to say it is about heritage. There is only one heritage it has.

It would be like someone claiming the swastika flag they're waving isn't a symbol for Nazi's because they view it as a symbol of Tetris and the flag is just two Tetris pieces crossed in the middle. So they feel justified waving it in Jewish Americans faces while claiming it has nothing to do with Nazism. When some claim the confederate flag has some "duel" meaning they're just lying and deflecting for the ignorant bigots who refuse to give up their security blanket of hate.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.63  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.62    4 years ago
It would be like someone claiming the swastika flag they're waving isn't a symbol for Nazi's

Shows how much you know about the symbol and its origins . Funny how you picked another symbol that has been morphed from its origins into something totally different from its original intent to make your point. Just like the Confederate Battle flag started out as an identifier of the troops flying it as a Southern unit has come to represent the Southern region of the United States.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.64  devangelical  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.63    4 years ago

polish that turd from the punch bowl of US history as much as you want. that flag represents white supremacy and nothing more.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.65  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ender @5.1.61    4 years ago
There is only one heritage it has.

No, it has many but you won't admit it. Must be painful for you to see so many Black people clinging to it as a sign of the South because that undermines your one sided ranting about things you don't know hardly anything about.

And that is why Southerners hate Yankees. They don't know how to accept that we do and see things differently down here. We don't really care what you do,  but we judge you by your actions and we take you at your word. This means if you say you like to wear tie-dye shirts, we don't assume you are a hippie, we assume you like tie-dyed shirts. Yankees like to try to label and categorize everyone and try to place them in neat little boxes. We accept that people are complex and that everyone has their attributes as well as their faults. We get to know people and then decide whether the attributes outweigh the faults before we decide how much interaction we want to have with them.

On a personal note Ender, when I first encountered you here on the internet, you seemed to be a reasonable person. Someone who could be engaged in an intellectual discussion with an open mind. I'm not sure what has happened over the years, but you seem to have changed quite a bit when it comes to discussing a topic. No longer can I convince you to consider all evidence and facts presented by both sides before making up your mind on a subject. What happened to that open mind brother? Why can't you see that the majority of people, as polls show, don't view the flag as the Confederate battle flag, but as what it is commonly called, the Rebel Flag-a symbol of the rebels in the South and the South itself. To us it symbolizes a persons Free Spirit, and a willingness to fight to remain free from outside pressures telling them how to think, feel, and act even when it is the Government telling them to. The Rebel Flag has even been flown internationally as a sign of rebellion against tyranny around the globe just like our American flag has. You are one of the few here that I would believe would support that rebellious nature. Yes, atrocities have been committed under both banners, but we disregard the Bad and embrace the Good they both represent...or at least we here in the South do! Why can't you???

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.1.66  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  devangelical @5.1.64    4 years ago
that flag represents white supremacy and nothing more.

Sure, and all black people are thugs and all white people are racist and all asians are good at math and all Europeans stink...

I love people who stereotype...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.67  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.65    4 years ago
Why can't you see that the majority of people, as polls show, don't view the flag as the Confederate battle flag, but as what it is commonly called, the Rebel Flag-a symbol of the rebels in the South and the South itself. To us it symbolizes a persons Free Spirit, and a willingness to fight to remain free from outside pressures telling them how to think, feel, and act even when it is the Government telling them to.

This is utter nonsense. I am sure there are some people who view the confederate flag as a benign symbol of "freedom" . Unfortunately that is not the history of the image. 

============================================================================

1024px-Naval_ensign_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281863%E2%80%931865%29.svg.png

============================================================================

The flag is also known as  the Stainless Banner , and the matter of the person behind its design remains a point of contention. On April 23, 1863, the  Savannah Morning News  editor William Tappan Thompson, with assistance from William Ross Postell, a Confederate blockade runner, published an editorial championing a design featuring the battle flag on a white background he referred to later as "The White Man's Flag." [6]

In explaining the white background, Thompson wrote, "As a people we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause. "

[ In a letter to Confederate Congressman C. J. Villeré, dated April 24, 1863, a design similar to Thompson's was proposed by General  P. G. T. Beauregard , "whose earlier penchant for practicality had established the precedent for visual distinctiveness on the battlefield, proposed that 'a good design for the national flag would be the present battle-flag as Union Jack, and the rest all white or all blue'....The final version of the second national flag, adopted May 1, 1863, did just this: it set the St. Andrew's Cross of stars in the Union Jack with the rest of the civilian banner entirely white."

-

The Confederate Congress debated whether the white field should have a blue stripe and whether it should be bordered in red. William Miles delivered a speech supporting the simple white design that was eventually approved. He argued that the battle flag must be used, but for a national flag it was necessary to emblazon it, but as simply as possible, with a plain white field. [28]  When Thompson received word the Congress had adopted the design with a blue stripe, he published an editorial on April 28 in opposition, writing that "the blue bar running up the centre of the white field and joining with the right lower arm of the blue cross, is in bad taste, and utterly destructive of the symmetry and harmony of the design." [1] [5]  Confederate Congressman  Peter W. Gray  proposed the amendment that gave the flag its white field. [29]  Gray stated that the white field represented "purity, truth and freedom." [30]

-

Regardless of who truly originated the design of the Stainless Banner, whether by heeding Thompson's editorials or Beauregard's letter, the Stainless Banner was officially adopted by the Confederate Congress on May 1, 1863. The flags that were actually produced by the  Richmond Clothing Depot  used the 1.5:1 ratio adopted for the Confederate navy's battle ensign, rather than the official 2:1 ratio. [11]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.68  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.67    4 years ago

That was the (2nd) official national flag of the Confederate States Of America.  A proponent described the flag as symbolic of white supremacy

"As a people we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause. "

The "battle flag" emblem was included in this flag of national white supremacy. Thats the FACT. 

Find something else to make you feel good about being a southerner. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.69  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.65    4 years ago
Must be painful for you to see so many Black people clinging to it as a sign of the South

Where? I see no groups of black Americans marching with the confederate flag claiming it's innocence.

Are conservative Republicans able to get a token or two to claim it's not a symbol of hate? Sure, those few are well rewarded by the confederate defenders and bigots who are so desperately trying to hide their cowardly racist hate.

And that is why Southerners hate Yankees.

Those Southerners who "hate Yankees" are nothing but left over bitter pieces of confederate trash.

They don't know how to accept that we do and see things differently down here.

Much like a frog at the bottom of a well they imagine their tiny perspective to be all they need to know about the world. It's why they often ridicule higher education.

We don't really care what you do,  but we judge you by your actions and we take you at your word.

As if. Many conservatives, especially white Christian conservatives from the South, seem to believe they are self-appointed moral police trying to force their faith into schools, government and our laws. They spend their efforts trying to disenfranchise minority voters, restricting access to legal family planning options and protecting what they see as their right to discriminate against lgtbq Americans.

We accept that people are complex and that everyone has their attributes as well as their faults.

That's just a fancy way to say "We don't mind being shoulder to shoulder with white supremacists, the KKK and wannabe Nazi's, I mean, everybody has their faults but they also have their attributes, like supporting the same candidates for office that other white Southern conservative Christians do".

No longer can I convince you to consider all evidence and facts presented by both sides before making up your mind on a subject.

Likely because you've been repeating the same old tired bullshit for years he already knows your claims of "evidence and facts" is as spurious and worthless as your disgusting continued defense of the confederacy.

Why can't you see that the majority of people, as polls show, don't view the flag as the Confederate battle flag

Because that is a total lie. And you wonder why no one believes a fucking word you say anymore.

"55% of Southerners now mainly associate the Confederate flag with racism, the  poll  found, compared to 36% who said the flag was more of a symbol of Southern pride."

" Those numbers aligned largely with Americans overall in the poll, with 56% of all who took the poll saying the Confederate flag was mainly a symbol of racism, and 35% saying it was more a symbol of Southern pride."

To us it symbolizes a persons Free Spirit, and a willingness to fight to remain free from outside pressures telling them how to think, feel, and act even when it is the Government telling them to.

You can fantasize about it turning you into My Little Pony for all I care, that's not what the majority think when they see someone flying that obvious symbol of hate. If someone flew a flag that had the image of Hitler on it, do you think anyone would buy the weak excuse that they were doing it as a symbol of vegetarianism, because Hitler was a vegetarian? Do you really think that would matter to those who suffered and died at the genocidal maniacs hands? You can squirm and twist your reasons for why you want to support an obvious symbol of racism and hate all you want to, but those with more than half a brain can easily see it's nothing but a bullshit smokescreen to protect pockets of racism with a wink and a nod.

Yes, atrocities have been committed under both banners, but we disregard the Bad and embrace the Good they both represent

More disgusting false equivalences. Only the confederate flag was flown to represent a treasonous group that gave up their right to call themselves Americans when they attacked our nation to create, in their words, a " new government" "founded upon exactly the opposite ideas (from the American flag and constitution); its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition". That is what the confederate flag represented then and what it represents now and that will never change no matter how much sniveling racist wish they could hide its obvious origins so they can go back to using it to intimidate minorities and feel like they are somehow "special" rebels when all they've ever been are sore losers fantasizing about the racist "South" rising again.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.70  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.65    4 years ago
And that is why Southerners hate Yankees.

Don't I know! Spent a whole lot of time down south as a kid and got some of that hate and unjustifiably so. 

But here is the kicker. 

I was raised between here and England. In England, we are all 'Yanks", so if you are a southerner, expect to be called a Yank, and don't expect them to understand that you don't think so, because they don't care.

Think of the song "Yankee Doodle". If you rebelled against England, you are a Yank.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.72  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.71    4 years ago

You got me! I am a polyglot. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.73  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @5.1.65    4 years ago
No, it has many but you won't admit it. Must be painful for you to see so many Black people clinging to it as a sign of the South because that undermines your one sided ranting about things you don't know hardly anything about.

More complete crap. Holy cow.

Most people that know me know I live in the deep south. Hell I even told you, which you seemed to ignore.

I know more about it than you seem to. Even the state flag that you tried to use as an example is my state flag. Use to be...

You are the one that seems to be seeing things that are not there. It is like you are living in some fantasy world...

There is no where, I repeat no where around me that has large groups of Black people defending or waving that flag. In fact the opposite. There has been large gatherings and demonstrations trying to get the flag removed.

For every one black person that may say to embrace the flag, I could show a hundred that would destroy it.

I have been a participant in Mardi Gras parades for almost two decades. I have personally witnessed many things. The float that was right behind us consisted of all Black riders. When they came upon a section of the parade route that had a group with several confederate flags flying, the riders would turn their backs on them or sit down in the float. I have also seen floats that would refuse to throw beads to all Black groups in attendance.

That is just one example.

You can try to make this personal all you want, try to ignore whatever I say, try to have some weird Utopian fantasy of people coming together and wrapping themselves in this flag, when that is not reality.

The flag has never been considered one of 'free spirit'.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.74  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @5.1.73    4 years ago

I live in the Deep South, too, and I'm not seeing any black people embracing the Confederate flag.

As for Southerners being diverse...well.....not all but quite a few have a 2 sided view. Those that are like us and those that are not. I'm sure people won't believe me but I have lived in the south for 30 years. I hear what comes out of people's mouths at work, on the radio, and at social gatherings. I pretty much keep my mouth shut so my husband can keep his friends and I can keep my job.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.75  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.74    4 years ago

Same.

One time I was talking to this elderly lady. She was what I would call the typical sweet elderly lady. Seemed so nice and kind. All the sudden the most racist things came out of her mouth, without a second thought. Like it was nothing. I learned it could come from anyone, anywhere and everywhere.

Deep seated thoughts in some.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.76  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ender @5.1.75    4 years ago
Seemed so nice and kind. All the sudden the most racist things came out of her mouth, without a second thought. Like it was nothing.

It was something I saw a lot of with my cousins family in Arkansas and their friends and neighbors, deep seated prejudice and racism loosely hidden behind a veneer of what they call "Southern hospitality". They can walk into a room of minorities and act as sweet as sweet tea, but as soon as they're alone with what they think are like minded Southerners they let fly the most racist comments I've ever heard, and almost always with a smile as if they're not saying anything surprising to the white Southerners surrounding them.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.77  Ender  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.76    4 years ago
Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
With the rain in Shambala
Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame
With the rain in Shambala

Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
On the road to Shambala
Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
On the road to Shambala

How does your light shine
In the halls of Shambala
How does your light shine
In the halls of Shambala

I can tell my sister by the flowers in her eyes
On the road to Shambala
I can tell my brother by the flowers in his eyes
On the road to Shambala

Tell me how does your light shine

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    4 years ago

I have a hard time believing Trump cares much about the confederate flag. Consider his lifestyle over the years, the places he's lived and visited, and the people he hangs out with. I see no room in any of that for the confederate flag.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @6    4 years ago

I think he could care less but thinks his base does...

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JBB  replied to  Ender @6.1    4 years ago

[removed]

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Ender  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    4 years ago

jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @6.1    4 years ago

Are you saying all of us who support him are racist? 

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.4    4 years ago

Are you going to deny racist people vote for him?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ender @6.1.5    4 years ago
e you going to deny racist people vote for him?

Are you going to deny racist people will vote for Biden?

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.6    4 years ago

Nope. I am smart enough to realize there are racist people everywhere.

I would also not deny the racist people that are open about it and wave the flag as a symbol of it.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6.1.8  sixpick  replied to  Ender @6.1.7    4 years ago

You know what Ender?  I don't care a thing in the world about the Confederate flag.  I've never had one and I don't believe I've ever touched one.  I know people who do have them and you're right, there are some people with that flag who are racist, but unless you understand how the Southern Pride is in the the southern states, you couldn't understand it doesn't always mean someone with a Confederate flag is a racist.

I don't see people who want to preserve the Confederate flag burning down buildings, destroying the lives and businesses of blacks around here. 

In fact, in these little towns and communities I travel through, it seems blacks and whites get along quite well.  At least they have seemed to get along well until the White Liberals, who have fanned the flames of hate, resentment and accusations of racism over the last few years, with the absolute intent on turning one group of people against another for their political purposes have brought the worst out in good people.

I think this man can do a better job than me.

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Ender  replied to  sixpick @6.1.8    4 years ago

Again, nothing but bullshit. Hate to break the news to you, but I live in the deep south.

Trying to blame Liberals for racism is akin to saying the KKK is for inclusion.

You can keep living in an alternate reality and the rest of us will continue on with the truth.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.10  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @6.1.8    4 years ago

Jesse Lee Peterson is one of the most ridiculed people on internet video, and you offer him as an expert on something or other. LOL.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.11  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.10    4 years ago
Jesse Lee Peterson is one of the most ridiculed people on internet video

And therein lies the point. Anytime a black conservative escapes from the democratic plantation, he/she is immediately ridiculed and insulted.

Your comment give credit to that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @6.1.11    4 years ago

Peterson has been around for many years, and he's been an ill informed dumbass for all of them.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.13  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.12    4 years ago

Is that what you think of all black conservatives?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6.1.14  sixpick  replied to  bugsy @6.1.13    4 years ago
John Russell:
Peterson has been around for many years, and he's been an ill informed dumbass for all of them.
bugsy:
Is that what you think of all black conservatives?

It seems anyone who promotes faith in God is always criticized by those on the Left.  I personally believe in a higher power, but I don't criticize those who don't feel the same way I do.  Many of those on the Left cringe when anyone, who believes in God, speaks his mind.

And you're correct, bugsy, Liberalism overrides everything.  Today, Liberalism is really Anti-Liberalism.  Classic Liberalism is what this country was built on, although it has not done as well as we would like in all aspects of this ideology, it has always been the intent and still is to make a more perfect Union.  Classic Liberalism promotes equal opportunity, while today's Anti-Liberalism promotes equal outcomes.

Who can deny the Democrats have promoted fear and anger in Blacks?  It is their way of controlling them. 

What is incorrect when Peterson says most Blacks are suffering, not from racism, but the destruction of the Black Family?

What is wrong in using whatever methods one can to promote the idea of family in the Black community when over 70% of children born into Black families are born out of wedlock?

What is wrong with trying to take the fear and anger out of young Black men?

There are still many who continue to promote fear and anger in people, especially in the Black community.

When I listened to Obama, during the John Lewis eulogy, I didn't hear one positive word come out of his mouth.  He's no different than Al Sharpton.  He has continually criticized this country, the country that elected him President and has provided the opportunity for him to accumulate the wealth he has today.

There are two ways people of any color can succeed in the United States.  One is to work hard and have goals.  The other way is to promote fear and hate.

The two videos above provide the means of obtaining a happy successful life, or you can center all your attention on racism and succumb to the preachers of hate.  In the end, you'll find only those who have promoted this hate have become successful while you are still thinking you are a victim of society.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tacos! @6    4 years ago
I have a hard time believing Trump cares much about the confederate flag.

I don't think Trump is worried about it.  Look at the sources.  Many are leftist bloggers who are obsessed with it (among other things) and projecting that obsession onto Trump.

JBB
Professor Principal
7  JBB    4 years ago

Why does Trump care? To appease racists in the gop!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @7    4 years ago

What about the racists in the Democrat party....where racism go its start?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1    4 years ago

These days:

Republicans = conservatives = racists

Democrats = liberals = inclusive

Funny how definitions and labels morph over time.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Ender  replied to  cjcold @7.1.1    4 years ago

Funny how people deny things as well. Acting like the parties are the same as they were 75 years ago.

Hell the republican party has morphed just with the advent of trump. Just like they made a turn with the tea party.

To me it only comes off as a tactic to deny present reality.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Ender @7.1.2    4 years ago

Although they profess to the contrary, the Democrat party is just as racist as it ever was. It was they who tried to derail the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Now they claim to be free of racism and pure in thought and deed, but try to make it an issue to defame the Republicans with.

The white supremacists and KKK groups are miniscule in number nationwide, probably less than BLM and Antifa groupies.

Provide facts to show otherwise.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @7.1.3    4 years ago
Although they profess to the contrary, the Democrat party is just as racist as it ever was. It was they who tried to derail the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

We have been over this a hundred times.  A higher percentage of Democrats than Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act from northern states (Union States) and a higher percentage of Democrats than Republicans  voted for the Civil Rights Act from the south (confederate states). In fact ZERO congressional Republicans from the south voted AYE for the Civil Rights Act of 1964. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.4    4 years ago

Democrats filibustered against the Civil Rights Act.

Not Republicans.

You can look that up--it is known history.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.5    4 years ago

Southerners. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.6    4 years ago

DEMOCRATS!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.8  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.7    4 years ago

We know the Democratic Party changed.  If enough southerners had changed we wouldnt be arguing about the Confederate flag today. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.8    4 years ago

If Democrats hadn't started a Civil War, maybe we wouldn't have to keep reminding Democrats of their racist past.

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.10  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.9    4 years ago

I'm concerned about the gop's current racism!

Let us at least agree to focus on post... 1964!

You don't seem to know anything about that...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7.1.10    4 years ago

I know plenty post 1964.

What do you need me to teach you about?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8  The Magic 8 Ball    4 years ago
According to sources

ah,  the lefts magical un-named sources again...  LOL

y'all crack me up :)

sixpick
Professor Quiet
9  sixpick    4 years ago

Site of New York Slave Market

Where now stands a 42-story condominium tower of marble, glass and steel was once the central market of New York’s slave trade. 

Now an anonymous condominium, the building stands on a site of one of the financial building blocks of New York City, and one of its greatest shames: the slave trade. 

Originating with 11 West African captives brought to New Amsterdam in irons in 1626, the New York slave trade grew over the following 150 years to be one of the most essential cogs in the triangle trade. 74 Wall Street, on the lot bounded by Water and Pearl Streets, is the most widely accepted address of this auction block.

The original 11 slaves were immediately tasked with constructing defenses for the small Dutch colony in the form of a wall across the town’s northern frontier. Years later, the wall would be taken down and its fragments used to level the roads and expand the island as landfill: all done by slaves.

At the start of the 18th century, the corner of Wall and Pearl Street was an open-air market, where slaves were unloaded from ships in the nearby East River. The river at that time was much closer at Water Street, which would mean that the sale of slaves would occur right under the shadow of their floating prisons. Later improvement brought a sheltered complex, city oversight and, of course, tax revenue. Slaves were sold throughout the city and surrounding region. In a wider scope, New York positioned itself as the port city where agricultural goods grown by slaves in the South were financed, refined, packaged and shipped around the world. The New York Stock Exchange, just up the street, owes its startup capital to the slave economy.

No evidence remains of the New York Slave Market. In June of 2015, the City of New York unveiled a small plaque in the beer garden adjacent to the modern day 74 Wall Street. 

The small plaque memorializing the many thousands of slaves who were abducted and sold on what is now 74 Wall St. is roughly the size of a plaque across the street at 74 Wall Street honoring the Livingston family, who owed their political prominence to the wealth they generated from the slave trade. 

The United States currently has no significant national memorial to slavery.

Know Before You Go

74 Wall Street between Pearl and William Streets.

There are a number of photos on a slide at the link above.

So, tell me, who should I call out or who should you call out?  I'd say we should call out all of us, because none of us have the right to call out the other without looking in the mirror first.

The Marxists Democrat Party could give a crap about any of this, but they would if they could procure power over us in doing so.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
9.1  sixpick  replied to  sixpick @9    4 years ago

wallstreetslavemarket02.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  sixpick @9.1    4 years ago

I didn't realize we were even a country in 1626.....

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.1    4 years ago
I didn't realize we were even a country in 1626....

So then you agree the 1619 project is BS.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @9.1.2    4 years ago

I haven't read anything on it. I've heard about it but I don't have an opinion on it.

And before you troll me about reading it, blah, blah, blah.....My comment had nothing to do with the 1619 Project. You brought it up, not me

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @9.1.2    4 years ago

Didn't you once ask me why nobody replied to me?

lol

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.3    4 years ago

The 1619 project is a liberal propaganda program that tries to claim that slavery started in the US in 1619, even though the US did not exist until 1776.

My response to you directly reflects your comment to six.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.6  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.4    4 years ago

I actually said "not many".

lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @9.1.6    4 years ago

you are

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @9    4 years ago

The confederate states seceded from the rest of the country because they weren't going to be allowed to bring slavery into the expanding western territories. Who was stopping them? In part, people from New York. 

The issue is not whether any northerners were racist or any of them ever held slaves. The issue is the Confederacy and the Confederate flag. 

In the Confederacy, their constitution made it impossible to ever end slavery. None of the Confederate states ever would have been permitted to end slavery and remain in that nation. There was no such  provision in the US constitution. 

All people who make excuses for the confederacy manage to do is make themselves look more racist. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.2.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @9.2    4 years ago

we wouldn't even be having this conversation if the confederate traitors had been effectively dealt with after the war ended

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @9.2.1    4 years ago

On that we can agree.

If only Republicans not been so nice and tried so hard to preserve the Union.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.2.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  dennis smith @9.2.3    4 years ago

LOL.