╌>

This Lady’s Hilarious Face Mask Tutorial Will Bring a Smile to Your Face

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  tessylo  •  4 years ago  •  10 comments

By:   Country Living Staff

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Anyone can make a face mask, they said. They were…wrong?

Jul 23, 2020

There’s a whole lot of heavy stuff happening in the world right now, which is why it’s nice to find some levity and humor whenever and wherever we can, whether it’s the occasional   dad joke , a   funny church sign   that elicits a chuckle, or   silly jokes to share with kids .

That’s why we’re raising a glass of red wine to do-it-yourselfer Kay Pruitt, whose face mask-tutorial-gone-wrong—something many of the not-so-crafty can relate to!—made us, and more than 2 million viewers, laugh out loud. (Okay, we may have even snorted and laugh-cried a little.)

It starts out like your standard   helpful face mask tutorial   (be sure to check that one out!) but then goes comically awry with, well, just do yourself a favor and watch the whole   four-minute video   for yourself, okay?

It turns out “Kay” is actually actress   Stephanie Weir , who rose to comedy fame on   MadTV   and   Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,   but we’re incredibly glad she's now serving up much-needed humor (with the help of her husband/collaborator Bob Dassie) in these uncertain times.

Because if the CDC is now recommending we wear a face mask in public, it sure helps to wear a smile underneath. (Fingers crossed that our new best friend "Kay" has plenty more funny and topical craft tutorials in the works, or a sketch about the ups and down of home-schooling in these decidedly topsy-turvy times.)

If you need to make a face mask, check out   this DIY pattern   or follow along with   this no-sew tutorial .

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

This is cute.

Just a little bit of levity . . . 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 years ago

She's so cute!  She was great on Mad TV.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

This would be me with a sewing machine.  I struggled with a tote bag in home ec. while other girls were making overalls, anything.  .   .  I'm not very domestic . . . 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

She is like a female Less Nesmen (sp) from an old TV show called WKRP with all of those band aids.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    4 years ago

I forgot about Less Nessman (sp) and the injuries/cuts were never explained.

After each cut out - you see she has more bandages. . . cute!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4  XXJefferson51    4 years ago

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    4 years ago

Wine always helps.   Haha

I miss our old great comedians. I often wonder what people like Carol Burnett would do doing and saying.

Back in the day she did a little sewing and made a dress...jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Tessylo    4 years ago

0b155abfeeadb842590ae27bc525ba02.jpg

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @6    4 years ago

That's it. Classic.  Hahaha

Saw it in the window and couldn't resist it...