╌>

A 103-year-old woman got her first tattoo to cross it off her bucket list

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  4 years ago  •  18 comments

By:   MSN

A beloved grandmother who spent all her life taking care of her family is proving to the world that you're never too old to make your dreams come true.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A beloved grandmother who spent all her life taking care of her family is proving to the world that you're never too old to make your dreams come true.

Dorothy Pollack, who turned 103-years-old in June, is spending her days going through her bucket list. Her first adventure? A frog tattoo in honor of the one thing she loves more than beer and burgers.

On June 16, she celebrated her birthday in a nursing home in Muskegon, Michigan, where she spent months in isolation during the coronavirus pandemic.

"Covid-19 had her in prison for months," Teresa Zavitz-Jones, her granddaughter, told CNN, referring to her grandmother's lockdown situation at the nursing home.

"The nurse in the home said she was horribly depressed and we needed to get her out. We couldn't see her so we had no idea how she really was. She's extremely hard of hearing so phone calls were not helpful."

Weeks after she was discharged from the nursing home, out of nowhere Pollack decided she wanted a tattoo.

"It was pretty exciting because years ago my grandson wanted me to get one and I wouldn't do it," Pollack told CNN. "All of a sudden, I decided I would like to have one. And if I could, a frog. Because I like frogs," she laughed.

On Friday, Pollack rolled up her sleeves and patiently sat through the tattoo. While most people would flinch and cringe at the feeling of a needle on their skin, she barely moved a muscle.

"She took it like a champ. I didn't even see her wince. Maybe she had half a wince once," Ray Reasoner Jr., who tattooed Pollack at A.W.O.L. Custom Tattooing in Muskegon, told CNN. "She was just so excited. It was an amazing experience. If someone over a century old tells you to do something for them you just gotta do it."

Pollack is the oldest person he has ever tattooed, Reasoner added.

After getting her tattoo, which she said she "absolutely loved," Pollack decided to cross yet another experience off her bucket list: taking a sweet ride on a motorcycle.

But the adventures definitely won't stop there.

© Teresa Gomez Zavitz-Jones Pollack's new frog tattoo. © Teresa Gomez Zavitz-Jones Pollack on her first motorcycle ride. Continue ReadingShow full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

This made me smile.  It takes a lot to make me smile these days.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    4 years ago

.meh, at least it won't look like shit when she gets old...

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.1    4 years ago
meh, at least it won't look like shit when she gets old...

Good point!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

Yay for her!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3  sandy-2021492    4 years ago

Good for her.

Professor Guide
4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

Pollack decided to cross yet another experience off her bucket list: taking a sweet ride on a motorcycle.

Somebody take her to Sturgis immediately!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    4 years ago

Leave it to a 103 year old woman from Michigan to get a tattoo. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif I love it! I have many tattoos; still want more, but I'd prefer to have a couple covered up, because I was stupid and they aren't great. And she didn't wince because she's a tough lady from MI where winters are harsh! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Professor Guide
5.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5    4 years ago
I love it! I have many tattoos

Well don't just sit there!  Give us a peek!!!!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.1.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1    4 years ago

I will later... I don't really have very many photos of myself. I hate photos.

Professor Guide
5.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.1.1    4 years ago
I will later

Promise?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
5.1.3  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.1.2    4 years ago

These are just the ones I can photograph without being a contortionist. I have a bunch on my back and a few in inconspicuous spots.

Right calf.

512 512 512

Right arm.

512 512 512

Left arm.

Professor Guide
5.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.1.3    4 years ago

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If that doesn't help moral around here, nothing will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You da bomb, baby!!!!

*edit*  Oops, I almost forgot...great tats, as well.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.1.3    4 years ago

Great tats, Ahyoka! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @5.1.3    4 years ago

I dig that dragon!

Those are great tats!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    4 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

charger 383
Professor Silent
7  charger 383    4 years ago

OK, I I make it to 103 I will get one, maybe the number 103 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Kudos to the lady! I spent 20 years in the Navy and never got one single tattoo. Just never could see what the big deal was. That was just me. I always respected other people's decision to get them. My late wife, who also never got tattooed,  and me would walk down the beach and she would ask me, "Do you feel wierd being a sailor with no tats surrounded by huge numbers of others who do?"  I thought about and said "Nah." My late son had many tats and would always ask me as a sailor why I never got tattooed. I just shrugged my shoulders. I am now 65 and am seriously considering it. Just have to find the right one. That 103 years young lady may just have provided the impetus and inspiration to do so.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
8.1  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8    4 years ago

My dad was a Navy man that never got tattooed too. My grandfather [dad's dad] did get tats in the Navy. My uncle [dad's bro] got tats, but not until after he was out of the Navy for years.

My mom's dad's family (my grandfather & my great uncle) were Army; my grandfather did NOT get tats but my great uncle did. My grandmother's brother was the only one in the Air Force and I have no idea if he got tats or not.