╌>

The head of the White House security office is critically ill with Covid-19.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sandy-2021492  •  4 years ago  •  35 comments

By:    Maggie Haberman and Helene Cooper 1 day ago (MSN)

The head of the White House security office is critically ill with Covid-19.
The person in charge of the White House security office contracted a severe case of the coronavirus last month and has been hospitalized ever since, according to an administration official with knowledge of the situation. The security office head, Crede Bailey, whose office handles a number of duties, including approving certain security clearances, coordinating with the Secret Service and handling credentials for people to be able to come onto...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

AAvpBp.img?h=24&w=24&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&f=png The head of the White House security office is critically ill with Covid-19.

The person in charge of the White House security office contracted a severe case of the coronavirus last month and has been hospitalized ever since, according to an administration official with knowledge of the situation.

e151e5.gif © Oliver Contreras for The New York Times A coronavirus outbreak in the White House spread to the Marine Corps on Wednesday.

The security office head, Crede Bailey, whose office handles a number of duties, including approving certain security clearances, coordinating with the Secret Service and handling credentials for people to be able to come onto the White House grounds, was taken to the hospital in late September, the administration official said.

Bloomberg News previously reported on the situation.

Mr. Bailey's case is not seen as connected to an outbreak that officials believe stemmed from the Sept. 26 events at the White House honoring Judge Amy Coney Barrett, President Trump's nominee to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.

Still, the case, and another positive test involving the No. 2 official in the Marine Corps that was revealed on Wednesday, is an additional reminder of how pervasive the virus has become at the most famous, and protected, address in the country over the past several weeks.

The corps announced the positive test of Gen. Gary L. Thomas, the assistant commandant of the Marine Corps, in a statement. General Thomas was among the group of senior military leaders who have been quarantining after they were exposed to the virus during a visit to the White House on Sept. 27 for a reception for Gold Star families. The event was also attended by Mr. Trump and the first lady, Melania Trump.

On Tuesday, the Pentagon announced that Adm. Charles Ray, the vice commandant of the Coast Guard, had tested positive. Admiral Ray also attended the White House reception, Defense Department officials said.

Nearly every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is now in quarantine in their homes or in other locations, officials said, after having contact with people who have tested positive.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1  seeder  sandy-2021492    4 years ago
Still, the case, and another positive test involving the No. 2 official in the Marine Corps that was revealed on Wednesday, is an additional reminder of how pervasive the virus has become at the most famous, and protected, address in the country over the past several weeks.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    4 years ago

WOW! The science deniers are all dropping like flies. Whooda thunk it?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  cjcold @1.1    4 years ago

We don't know that Mr. Bailey is a science denier.  He may be the innocent victim of science deniers.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  cjcold  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.1    4 years ago

All republicans, by definition, are science deniers. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.3  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  cjcold @1.1.2    4 years ago

I disagree.  I live in a red county, and most people I know are wearing masks in public.  They're not denying science regarding the virus.  A few are.  Most are not.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    4 years ago
Are you F*****g kidding me? Twitter took it down but a few managed to grab it. 1f92f.png

121199267_813224819493204_3686928308195633827_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=6qhKJxOtSOkAX-6vqzk&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=67f7a0a863aefec1cd72b6649d7a3c0c&oe=5FA5D9FD

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago

And they are going to have a ''rally'' or whatever they want to call it tomorrow night at the White House. Stupid is as stupid does.

And a ''rally'' Sanford FL on Monday, more stupidity.

I really feel sorry for Mr. Bailey and wish him the best.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @3    4 years ago
"And a ''rally'' Sanford FL on Monday, more stupidity."

Is that the one where shithead DeSantis is going to fill the stadium to capacity?  A 65,000 person capacity, I believe?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Tessylo @3.1    4 years ago

I don't know where it's going to be held in Sanford. I don't believe that there is any venue that can hold anywhere close to 65,000 people.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    4 years ago

I could be way off.  Maybe it's 6500.  I don't recall where I saw that.  I must have confused it with another possible future event/venue.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    4 years ago

I just looked it up, it's going to be held at the Sanford airport.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  cjcold  replied to  Kavika @3.1.3    4 years ago

Pretty sure I have no problem with right wing radicals infecting other right wing idiots.

The rest of us just have to mask, wash and shelter in place for awhile.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  cjcold  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.2    4 years ago

My antique Rolex Daytona is a 6500.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    4 years ago

Mr. Bailey's case is not seen as connected to an outbreak that officials believe stemmed from the Sept. 26 events at the White House honoring Judge Amy Coney Barrett...

So he could have caught it anywhere

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4    4 years ago

He obviously caught it from the 'president' Typhoid Mary

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    4 years ago

Sleep with a dog, then be prepared to get covid fleas.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    4 years ago

Why doesn't Trump demand Mr. Baily is given the 'cure elixir' he was given?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

My blood is the vaccine!

And you, Mr. Trump, are a straight-up nut-ball. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6    4 years ago

His blood is not a vaccine, but he could donate plasma just as Tom Hanks and his wife did because of the antibodies in it.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1    4 years ago

Unless I'm mistaken... we still don't how or if immunity works for Covid-19. I suppose that the labs that are working on a vaccine must know, but I haven't seen anything in the public domain. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Bob Nelson @6.1.1    4 years ago

It is still being studied, but people who have recovered can donate.  The plasma will be studied and incorporated to see if it is a viable solution or not.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7  MrFrost    4 years ago

Trump is doing a great job of killing off the GOP. Better even than the asteroid 65 million years ago. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1  cjcold  replied to  MrFrost @7    4 years ago

The K-T event wasn't a pimple on what Trump is doing.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
8  cjcold    4 years ago

Pretty sure I have no problem with right wing radicals infecting other right wing idiots.

The rest of us just have to mask and shelter in place for awhile.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
8.1  Gordy327  replied to  cjcold @8    4 years ago
The rest of us just have to mask and shelter in place for awhile.

That's what rational and considerate people are doing.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9  Ed-NavDoc    4 years ago

Nobody else has bothered to say it but I wish Mr Bailey and others affected a speedy recovery from this terrible illness.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.1  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9    4 years ago

Kavika wished him the best above.

Well-wishes are great, but I prefer action.  Preventive measures taken by the White House to minimize the number of infections would be more useful.  Masks are not required, but should be.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @9.1    4 years ago
Well-wishes are great, but I prefer action.  Preventive measures taken by the White House to minimize the number of infections would be more useful.  Masks are not required, but should be.

I totally agree and cannot for the life of me understand why in the hell there are having this rally at the White House tomorrow with 2,000 people. This is a disaster just waiting to happen. Did they learn nothing from turning the WH into a COVID hot spot? Rhetorical question of course they didn't. 

Yesterday the US had 56,191 new COVID cases with 952 deaths. It looks like today we hit the 60,000 new COVID cases and 900 deaths.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9.2  cjcold  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9    4 years ago

Screw all infected folk who come anywhere near me. It's called attempted murder.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.3  bbl-1  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @9    4 years ago

Thoughts and prayers have outlived their usefulness.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
9.3.1  Gordy327  replied to  bbl-1 @9.3    4 years ago
Thoughts and prayers have outlived their usefulness.

They were never really useful to begin with, other than for emotional comfort.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
10  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

Let's reflect a moment... This man may die serving a master who doesn't give a shit about people dying... 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Bob Nelson @10    4 years ago

He chose to accept the position.  Now he is reaping the repercussions.  He chose not to take common sense measures to protect himself because Trump would not have approved.  He brought this on himself by not remembering how and why Cain died.  I will save my compassion for his family unless they are anti masker advocates and the innocent people he may have infected, excluding anyone who attends superspreader events.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
10.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.1    4 years ago

You're right... 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Bob Nelson @10.1.1    4 years ago

I have my moments.jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif