╌>

'I'm shaking right now': CNN reporter describes 3 racist attacks within an hour

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  13 comments

By:   Amara Walker

Related Article: Asian American voters could play crucial role in battleground states

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Reporter Describes 3 Racist Attacks Within An Hour

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

Sorry I'm unable to open the YouTube you posted as an article.  Usually news stories have a video AND a text article, as the Canada Television Network does, like I had posted in the article you referred to as "Related Article" above. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Racist rhetoric against  Asians and Asian-Americans in the U.S. has become a real problem in the U.S.amid the Corona Virus.  

The president is promoting this kind of language. He refers to the virus as "the China Virus".and as "The Kung Flu".

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    4 years ago

The xenophobic racist S.O.B. Trump has also used the expressions "China Plague" and "Wuhan Virus" to cause distress to good loyal Asian Americans who are bound to vote Democrat now and who can blame them.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    4 years ago

I'll bet the Asian-Americans are being attacked by Trump's army that he had told to "Stand by", in order to intimidate them to stop them from going to the voting places, because they know Trump won't be getting THEIR votes, for sure.  The Asian Americans have historically been timid, and the neo-Nazi Trumpsters might be successful.  There is no end to the filthy voter supperession methods the Republicans are using and Trump started with the ballot voter fraud long ago in order to set up his proceedings before the 6 - 3 SCOTUS that just might pull off the miscarriage of justice of the century, and if they do, then even the new blockade around the White House might not hold the masses back, in which case I wouldn't blame them. 

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
2.2  Trotsky's Spectre  replied to  Krishna @2    4 years ago

With 4% of the world's population and a quarter of the infections, and with the ruling class weaponization of the pandemic against the working class at home and other nations abroad, I propose a change in nomenclature to the designation -- the Washington virus. That way, history will never forget that the reichadistration not only permitted but encouraged the spread of this deadly virus.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @2.2    4 years ago

It should be called the "T.R.U.M.P." Virus, "Tragedy Response Unit Mismanaging Pandemics".

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
2.2.2  Trotsky's Spectre  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.1    4 years ago

Well there's that. Still, pandemic mismanagement is characteristic of regimes around the world. But then our infection rate by global population ratio makes us the world leader in perpetrating pandemic screw-up. So yeah.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Amara, thank you for writing about this I think this is so important for people to understand what a lot of Asians and Asian-Americans in the U.S. have been going through.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     4 years ago

America is following a time-honored tradition of attacking the ''others'' in our society. Sadly we haven't improved as a country in that respect in generations.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     4 years ago

The Asian population of the US is around 19 million with large pockets of Asians on the West Coast, California, and Washington and on the East Coast NYC. What is interesting is that some of the largest concentrations of Asians are in two swing states, Texas and GA. 

This of course could help swing elections in those two states.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    4 years ago

I hate that this happens to anyone.  I also hope that airport security management was notified about the shitty attitude of their 'officer'.

As for Trump:  VOTE.  HIM.  OUT.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

Well hey!

She has slanty eyes. Let's burn her at the stake!