╌>

Republican Georgia Gov. Kemp says pro-Trump conspiracy theorists have threatened his family

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  4 years ago  •  37 comments

By:   Jacob Knutson

Republican Georgia Gov. Kemp says pro-Trump conspiracy theorists have threatened his family
he, his wife and three daughters have been targeted with conspiracy theory-fueled death threats and false claims after he refused President Trump's request to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state,

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp speaking in Savannah on Dec. 15. Photo: Sean Rayford/Getty Images

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp on Thursday told reporters that he, his wife and three daughters have been targeted with conspiracy theory-fueled death threats and false claims after he refused President Trump's request to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

Why it matters:  Kemp did not blame Trump for the attacks, even though the president has openly raged against the governor, promoted false claims of election fraud and attempted to encourage officials to overturn Biden's victory.

Context:  Trump asked Kemp over the phone in early December to call a special legislative session aimed at overturning the presidential election results in Georgia.

Kemp refused, and Trump in turn denounced the governor in  a tweet .

What they're saying:  “It has gotten ridiculous — from death threats, bribes from China, the social media posts that my children are getting,” Kemp said. “We have the ‘no crying in politics rule’ in the Kemp house. But this is stuff that, if I said it, I would be taken to the woodshed and would never see the light of day.”

The big picture:  Kemp said his relationship with Trump is "fine."

"I know he’s frustrated, and I’ve disagreed on things with him before,” the governor said, adding: “Look, at the end of the day, I’ve got to follow the laws and the Constitution and the Constitution of this state.”

Trump , however, has called Kemp a “ fool ” and a "clown" and said he was " ashamed " for endorsing him in 2018.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp on Thursday told reporters that he, his wife and three daughters have been targeted with conspiracy theory-fueled death threats and false claims after he refused President Trump's request to overturn President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

No, he's not a Democrat!

Nor is he a "Commie".....

He is a dedicated (Conservative) Republican, and in fact has been a strong Trump supporter. Worked very hard to the presidential race to elect Trump.

But some of the ulta-crazies have targeted him, his wife, and his kids with death threats.

Why?

Because he refused to go along with Trump's cock-a-mamie plan to try to overthrow the will of the voters...

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1  pat wilson  replied to  Krishna @1    4 years ago

It's appalling. The obsessive lunacy of some trump supporters is frightening.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Kemp did not blame Trump for the attacks, even though the president has openly raged against the governor, promoted false claims of election fraud and attempted to encourage officials to overturn Biden's victory.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Trump asked Kemp over the phone in early December to call a special legislative session aimed at overturning the presidential election results in Georgia.

Kemp refused, and Trump in turn denounced the governor in   a tweet  .

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    4 years ago

Kemp: "I know he’s frustrated, and I’ve disagreed on things with him before,” the governor said, adding: “Look, at the end of the day, I’ve got to follow the laws and the Constitution and the Constitution of this state.”

Trump  , however, has called Kemp a “  fool  ” and a "clown" and said he was "  ashamed  " for endorsing him in 2018.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1  Gsquared  replied to  Krishna @4    4 years ago
“Look, at the end of the day, I’ve got to follow the laws and the Constitution and the Constitution of this state.”

Which loudly implies that Trump does not.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5  Gsquared    4 years ago
Kemp said his relationship with Trump is "fine."

Umm...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Enjoy the benefits of supporting Trump bitch.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7  Bob Nelson    4 years ago

Lock her up!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    4 years ago

Why are people this crazy over an election? I very much doubt that no matter who was president, that they would radically change the lives of the people making these threats.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago
Why are people this crazy over an election? I very much doubt that no matter who was president, that they would radically change the lives of the people making these threats.

Well, you might be right. No matter who was president, it probably wouldn't change the lives of truly insane people very much.

But...what about the rest of us?

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago
Why are people this crazy over an election?

I assume you've heard of the Corona Virus?

If so-- do you think its real-- of merely "Just the Democrats latest Hoax"?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @8.2    4 years ago

That seems off-topic. Is there a relevant point to your inquiry?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.1    4 years ago

Anything the seeder/author says is on topic ( and fair game from that point on )

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @8.2.2    4 years ago
Anything the seeder/author says is on topic ( and fair game from that point on )

You're stating a rule of the site. I was just thinking that logically there is no connection between me asking why people get crazy over elections (to the point of threatening people) and what seems to me to be a trolling type query about whether or not I personally think the coronavirus is a hoax.

So I asked Krishna to explain the logical relevance of the question. Clarification doesn't seem to be forthcoming, so I might have been right about the nature of the question.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8.2.3    3 years ago
I was just thinking that logically there is no connection

Well, you are totally wrong.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Tacos! @8    4 years ago

400 000 dead

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Bob Nelson @8.3    4 years ago

I don't know what that is supposed to mean.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.1    4 years ago
1 out of 1000

No problem. Let me explain.

Its really quite simple actually: it means that on average, out of every 1000 Americans, one will get the virus.

Its another way of showing how widespread its become.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.3.2    4 years ago
No problem. Let me explain.

Its really quite simple actually: it means that on average, out of every 1000 Americans, one will get the virus.

Its another way of showing how widespread its become

If that's not clear:

If, for example, 1 out of 1,000,000 get it-- that means its not really all that widespread.

OTOH: if 1 out of every 2 Americans get it-- that's one helluva lot! In that case it would mean that its incredibly widespread!!!

Capiche?

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8.3.3    4 years ago
1 out of 1,000,000 get it

For anyone who doesn't understand what that's supposed to mean, no problem!  I'd be more than happy to clear up your confusion. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

The number 1,000,000 is "shorthand" for...(hold onto your hat now!)... One million!!!

OMG jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif !!!

(But remember, that's just an example.. ..)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.5  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @8.3.2    4 years ago

You are replying to my comment @8.3.1, which was a reply to someone else's comment @8.3:

400 000 dead

Now you're trying to explain that by talking about "1 out of 1000. " No one said anything about "1 out of 1000." You are literally the first and only person to use that phrase, so I have no idea what you're talking about either.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.1    3 years ago

GIYF!!!  jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.3.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.5    3 years ago
Now you're trying to explain that by talking about "1 out of 1000. " No one said anything about "1 out of 1000

Wrong again-- because I just did!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.3.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @8.3.7    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    4 years ago

As recently as yesterday Trump was tweeting repeatedly about how the Republicans in Congress have betrayed him.  I'm not sure about today because I havent looked at his twitter today. My assumption is he is still going at it. 

Where do his followers get their strange and evil ideas ? From him of course. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
9.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  JohnRussell @9    4 years ago
Where do his followers get their strange and evil ideas ? From him of course. 

Yes... and their acceptance of Trump's Word... their belief in the infallibility of The Prophet's Word... is entirely in a religious-belief mode.

"Good and evil are defined by The Prophet! The Faithful must follow The Prophet. To not follow The Prophet is to lose one's soul."

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @9.1    4 years ago
Yes... and their acceptance of Trump's Word... their belief in the infallibility of The Prophet's Word... is entirely in a religious-belief mode. "Good and evil are defined by The Prophet! The Faithful must follow The Prophet. To not follow The Prophet is to lose one's soul."

Believe in The Lord-- and ye shall be saved!

(And in this particular case, all too many of his followers are under the delusion that "The Lord" is...Donald Trump"!)

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
9.1.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna @9.1.1    4 years ago
And in this particular case, all too many of his followers are under the delusion that "The Lord" is...Donald Trump"!

Of course.

There is no other option.

These people, for a large part, are church-going self-styled "Christians"... so Trump cannot be their god. That's not a problem, since they never really think about the old guy with the beard. 

Trump is not their god; he is their Prophet. His Word is Truth.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @9.1.2    3 years ago
Of course.

There is no other option.

These people, for a large part, are church-going self-styled "Christians"... so Trump cannot be their god. That's not a problem, since they never really think about the old guy with the beard. 

Trump is not their god; he is their Prophet . His Word is Truth .

And now there are Republican Senators who want to vote to impeach, but are afraid to do so because they fear violence:

Lawmakers Threatened Ahead Of Impeachment Trial

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @9    4 years ago

Where do his followers get their strange and evil ideas ? 

BTW, just curious-- have you ever watched Fox News?

bugsy
Professor Participates
10  bugsy    4 years ago

You know, every time we hear of some politician, left or right, claiming they or their family has been threatened for whatever reason, even death threats, they never seem to be able to identify exactly what these threats are, nor do we ever hear of any charges against people making threats. It should be pretty easy to identify where a call came from or the origin of an email.

I feel this is nothing more than a tactic to get the public opinion of they are truly victims, and to have the public turn against the group supposedly making these threats.

Probably been nothing more than a couple of hang up crank calls.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
10.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @10    4 years ago

And so the group that was planning to kidnap the Michigan governor really wasn't anything more than a couple of crank calls?

Where there's friggin smoke there's fire....      

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.1  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @10.1    4 years ago

Before these idiots were arrested, I don't believe the governor complained of any threats directed towards her publicly, although there were probably several that we don't know about.

What I am saying is when these politicians claim threats publicly, normally it is no more than a public opinion "give me your sympathy and blame those you don't like" scam.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bugsy @10.1.1    3 years ago
I don't believe the governor complained of any threats directed towards her publicly,

That's a pretty strange assertion!

If you don't know about something... then it doesn't exist? jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bugsy @10.1.1    3 years ago
What I am saying is when these politicians claim threats publicly, normally it is no more than a public opinion "give me your sympathy and blame those you don't like" scam.

And you know this how?

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  bugsy @10    3 years ago
Probably been nothing more than a couple of hang up crank calls.

The Strawman Cometh!