╌>

Arizona county's Republican committee votes to censure Cindy McCain

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sandy-2021492  •  3 years ago  •  22 comments

By:   Jordan Williams (MSN)

Arizona county's Republican committee votes to censure Cindy McCain
An Arizona county's Republican committee voted to censure Cindy McCain, widow of the late Sen. John McCain (R-Az.), according to multiple reports. The Maricopa County Republican Committee voted to censure McCain on Saturday, the Arizona Republic reported, citing her support for "leftist causes" like gay marriage, larger government and "others that run counter to Republican values." The committee also said she "failed" to support conservative...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

BB6QvJF.img?h=24&w=24&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&f=png Arizona county's Republican committee votes to censure Cindy McCaine151e5.gif © Screenshot Arizona county's Republican committee votes to censure Cindy McCain

An Arizona county's Republican committee voted to censure Cindy McCain, widow of the late Sen. John McCain (R-Az.), according to multiple reports.

The Maricopa County Republican Committee voted to censure McCain on Saturday, the Arizona Republic reported, citing her support for "leftist causes" like gay marriage, larger government and "others that run counter to Republican values."

The committee also said she "failed" to support conservative candidates and has "supported globalist policies and candidates," including Democrats such as President-elect Joe Biden, the newspaper reported.

In the past, members of the McCain family including the late senator, Cindy McCain and their daughter Meghan McCain, have been critical of President Trump. John McCain also caught the ire of the president before he passed from brain cancer in 2018.

Cindy McCain publicly supported Biden's presidential bid, and even serves on his transition advisory board. Biden won Arizona in the 2020 election, the first Democrat to carry the state since 1996.

The censure also calls her a "troubled individual, with a past riddled with drug abuse and illegalities associated with such behavior." The Republic notes that McCain has been open about her struggles with addiction to the pain killers Percocet and Vicodin.

The resolution passed by a 4-1 margin among 1,400 attendees, according to local NBC affiliate 12 News. The Arizona Republican Party said on Twitter that it will vote on a similar resolution when it meets on Jan. 23.

The @MaricopaGOP has voted and passed a resolution to censure Cindy McCain. The Arizona Republican Party has no comment on the county's resolution. The state party will vote on a similar resolution at our annual meeting on January 23, 2021. - Arizona Republican Party (@AZGOP) January 9, 2021

The censure comes as the Arizona GOP suffered losses in what appeared to be a relatively conservative state in the last two election cycles.

Aside from Biden's victory, Sens. Kyrsten Sinema (D) and Mark Kelly (D) both prevailed in the 2018 midterms and 2020 respectively. Their wins gave Democrats control of both Senate seats for the first time in almost 70 years.

According to 12 News, their victories are due in large part to Maricopa County which has seen a change in demographics over the years.

In response to the censure, McCain said on Twitter "I am a proud lifelong Republican and will continue to support candidates who put country over party and stand for the rule of law."

I am a proud lifelong Republican and will continue to support candidates who put country over party and stand for the rule of law. https://t.co/iTVj0pibOm - Cindy McCain (@cindymccain) January 9, 2021

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1  seeder  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

Apparently, they don't have bigger issues to worry about jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    3 years ago

... like no mask mandate in a sea of blue hairs.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1    3 years ago

The more i witness, the less i understand...

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.2    3 years ago
The more i witness, the less i understand...

Regarding Arizona, this might help you to understand:  Martha McSally lost.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
1.2.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.2.1    3 years ago

McSally is a decent person. She conceded to Kelly immediately and with grace.

Her problem was that she's a foot soldier,and she chose the wrong captain.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    3 years ago

The R party is having a mental breakdown.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago

more like a mass psychotic episode

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2  seeder  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @2    3 years ago

They seem to be determined to self-destruct.

Professor Guide
3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Cindy should wear it as a badge of honor.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3    3 years ago

Absolutely, I could not find a badge or song that was appropriate enough, though.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @3.1    3 years ago

Professor Guide
3.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @3.1.1    3 years ago

I just added that to my favorites list.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4  Split Personality    3 years ago

Nucking Futz.

How petty.  Can't wait to sell our North Arizona home...

smh

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago
The censure also calls her a "troubled individual, with a past riddled with drug abuse and illegalities associated with such behavior." The Republic notes that McCain has been open about her struggles with addiction to the pain killers Percocet and Vicodin.

Well, that's a new low. Going after a recovering addict because that counts for nothing other than to be mean and bitter. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    3 years ago

Cindy may have had a physical problem that caused her to take the medication, and took it long enough to become addicted. It does not take long for that to happen with that type of medication.

And how was she getting the medication? From a Doctor who was treating her, or on the streets? 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    3 years ago

Rush gets a Medal of Freedom, Cindy gets censure.  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6  Gsquared    3 years ago

What a pathetic group of people. 

They will probably pass a resolution supporting sedition, too.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    3 years ago
The censure also calls her a "troubled individual

The troubled individuals are the people who put this waste of time together. Everyone's entitled to their opinion on the issues. Trying to officially shame them for it is juvenile.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
8  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

Arizona is the land of Goldwater. (My wife and I live next to the Goldwater Range, where our many military neighbors sends tons of ordnance every year.)

We have LOTS of nutzoid right-wing crazies in Arizona. LOTS!

And yet our Arizona Republican Party somehow managed to lose the Presidential election and the Senatorial election. 

So how do these "fine people" act to change what appears to be a disastrous route? 

Why! They attack the person who is probably most respected among all Arizonans.

Of course.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1  Kavika   replied to  Bob Nelson @8    3 years ago

Don't expect Trumpettes to use logic.

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     3 years ago

Another group of traitors heard from.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Wait till 2022 if any of the Republican lawmakers are up for election, as a person who is so respected in Arizona, she could get even then.