╌>

Melania Trump makes first comments about attack on the Capitol

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   Rebecca Shabad (NBC News)

Melania Trump makes first comments about attack on the Capitol
First lady Melania Trump made her first comments Monday about the violence that happened when pro-Trump rioters stormed the Capitol building last week.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Jan. 11, 2021, 11:43 AM UTC / Updated Jan. 11, 2021, 1:24 PM UTC By Rebecca Shabad

WASHINGTON — First lady Melania Trump made her first comments Monday about the violence at the Capitol when pro-Trump rioters stormed the building last week.

In a lengthy written statement posted to the White House website and shared on her Twitter account, she said that her heart goes out to the six people who have died since the attack, including two Capitol police officers.

"I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week. I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me — from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda," she said. "This time is solely about healing our country and its citizens. It should not be used for personal gain."

Melania Trump said that "I absolutely condemn the violence" that unfolded at the Capitol and said that she implores people to "never make assumptions based on the color of a person's skin or use differing political ideologies as a basis for aggression and viciousness."

The first lady urged people to focus on what unites Americans and not what causes division.

"It is inspiring to see that so many have found a passion and enthusiasm in participating in an election, but we must not allow that passion to turn to violence," she continued.

She made no mention of those who are responsible for inciting the violence last Wednesday. Some have charged that includes President Donald Trump and some Republican lawmakers who encouraged pro-Trump supporters to "fight" at the Capitol as lawmakers tried to count the Electoral College votes that solidified Biden's victory.

The first lady also said nothing about the calls for Vice President Mike Pence, with the help of Trump's Cabinet, to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office or the plan by House Democrats to possibly impeach him for a second time.

She said that it's been the "honor of my lifetime" to serve as first lady. Trump's final day in office, unless he's removed or resigns, is Inauguration Day on Jan. 20 when President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  FLYNAVY1    3 years ago

The first lady urged people to focus on what unites Americans and not what causes division.

Is it me or does anyone else find her statement absurd after all this time being in the WH?  Or is it that on 21JAN21, She's taking the kid and heading to Eastern Europe without "The Donald".

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    3 years ago

she's delivering a microdot of classified materials to putin from her husband

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    3 years ago

I would be surprised if she's not already there.

Professor Guide
2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

"I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week. I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me — from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda," she said. "This time is solely about healing our country and its citizens. It should not be used for personal gain."

What in the actual hell does she think her husband has been doing his entire time in the White House?  The man doesn't take a dump without considering a 'personal gain' angle.   

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    3 years ago

somehow those comments made in broken english with an eastern bloc accent seem a bit strange ...

Professor Guide
2.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @2.1    3 years ago
somehow those comments made in broken english with an eastern bloc accent seem a bit strange .

One would think that when she says this:

I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week.

...she is talking about the death and destruction at the Capitol.

But no, she follows it with this:

I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me — from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda...

...and the true purpose behind her statement becomes clear.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.1    3 years ago

Yes, she made it all about her. She has learned well from her Master

Professor Guide
2.1.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.2    3 years ago

Indeed.

I used to actually feel sorry for her, almost like she too was a victim of Donald Trump.  However, since she doesn't care, why should I.

OIP.7B2puCwBuq8sg0KgeWDuPgHaEo?w=278&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.7

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.3    3 years ago

I used to have sympathy for her, too, but then she started morphing into her Master

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

Simply unbelievable. Talk about being tone-deaf.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

she really doesn't care, do you? bwah ha ha ha, she'll bail on that marriage when it looks like her pre-nup funds are in danger.

Professor Guide
3.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @3.1    3 years ago

We need to better manage how we handle our similar comments...jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

lib50
Professor Silent
4  lib50    3 years ago

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  lib50 @4    3 years ago
Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

A Trump family trait that cannot be denied.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

I am pretty sure she can afford to hire a private jet to fly her and Barron back to her motherland.  She needs to do just that and just STFU.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    3 years ago

When Melania Trump can show direct and convincing proof that she has ever threatened to leave her husband unless he stopped lying to the American people every day , when I see that proof I will feel some sympathy for her. 

Assuming that proof will never be forthcoming , she can suffer whatever it is she thinks she is suffering.