╌>

Newsmax's Greg Kelly Demands the Impeachment of...Joe Biden

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  29 comments

By:   Ken Meyer (Mediaite)

Newsmax's Greg Kelly Demands the Impeachment of...Joe Biden
As Donald Trump faces the possibility that his presidency will end early and in disgrace, Newsmax TV host Greg Kelly is focusing on a different priority: the impeachment of President-Elect Joe Biden.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Ken MeyerJan 12th, 2021, 10:27 am

As Donald Trump faces the possibility that his presidency will end early and in disgrace, Newsmax TV host Greg Kelly is focusing on a different priority: the impeachment of President-Elect Joe Biden.

Ever since the 2020 election ended, Kelly has denied Biden's victory, pushed numerous voter fraud conspiracy theories, and claimed Trump would definitely get a second term. When confronted with the unavoidable reality of Trump's defeat, he compared Biden to a bank robber getting away with his crime.

During a Newsmax segment on Trump's imminent impeachment for inciting the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol Building, Kelly demanded Biden be impeached for "election fraud." He then touted "a very interesting clip that I found in a dark corner of the Internet," which he held up and claimed "that was a confession" of Biden's supposed involvement in illegal activity.

The video Kelly aired is from an interview Biden did on Pod Save America, where he was talking about how he worked with former President Barack Obama to set up countermeasures against voter fraud.

"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." Biden said.

In context, it's clear Biden was talking about preventing fraud at the time and he most likely meant to say "voter protection" in that sentence. This has been outlined innumerous fact-checks since Trump's allies have been taking Biden's words out of context for months in order to deceptively claim that he was admitting to fraud in that moment.

Kelly conveniently ignored all of this as he proclaimed "there's credible allegations of voter fraud" and "[Biden's] admitting to it." He pushed for impeaching Biden again by saying "I guess I'll have to run for Congress and get it done myself."

Watch above, via Newsmax.

Have a tip we should know? [email protected]

Filed Under:

Greg KellyimpeachmentJoe Biden Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago
He then touted "a very interesting clip that I found in a dark corner of the Internet," which he held up and claimed "that was a confession" of Biden's supposed involvement in illegal activity.

The video Kelly aired is from an interview Biden did on Pod Save America, where he was talking about how he worked with former President Barack Obama to set up countermeasures against voter fraud.

"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." Biden said.

In context, it's clear Biden was talking about preventing fraud 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

1. Pod Save America  is not a "dark corner" of the internet, it is one of the most successful political podcasts,  hosted by former Obama speechwriters and aides.   Newsmax and the Greg Kelly show may be a dark corner of humanity though. 

2. Greg Kelly is probably desperate to hold his audience now that the election fraud hoopla, which totally fueled Newsmax rise in the ratings, has been turned into a wet noodle. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    3 years ago

Finding a reason to Impeach Biden will be high on the list of Republican priorities

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    3 years ago

"Finding a reason to Impeach Biden will be high on the list of Republican priorities"

They''ll never find one.  Just like with President Obama's administration.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    3 years ago

Except that they control neither chamber and thus can't do anything but dream. Aside from that I highly doubt Biden will do anything worthy of impeachment, he isn't Donald Trump after all. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.4  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    3 years ago

Try getting Nancy Pelosi to go along with that!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2  Snuffy    3 years ago

NO!!!   I was against the bs calls for Trump's impeachment before he took the oath, I am 100% against this impeachment call also.  

I'm not happy that Biden won but he will be the next president and deserves the chance to set up his administration and prove his worth. Such BS calls for impeachment when nothing has been done that reaches to the level of impeachment only continues to deepen the divide and cheapen the process.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
3  bugsy    3 years ago

Meh...no big deal. I think it's stupid to call for anyone's impeachment before they take office, but in this context, I can see why it is being done.

Liberals were calling for Trump's impeachment before he was even elected.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @3    3 years ago

Uh, the "evidence" Greg Kelly cites as deserving impeachment for Biden is fake news. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @3    3 years ago

Liberals were calling for Trump's impeachment before he was even elected

And as always.... you do have a credible source you can share with us in this matter......

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.1  bugsy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2    3 years ago

You now probably think Politico is far right.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2    3 years ago

Glad I started to bookmark sources- since Google is so good at burying things they don't like.

“Impeachment” is already on the lips of pundits, newspaper editorials, constitutional scholars, and even a few members of Congress. From the right, Washington attorney Bruce Fein puts the odds at 50/50 that a President Trump commits impeachable offenses as president. Liberal Florida Rep. Alan Grayson says Trump’s insistence on building a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border, if concrete was poured despite Congress’s opposition, could lead down a path toward impeachment. Even the mainstream Republican head of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently tossed out the I-word when discussing the civilian backlash if Trump’s trade war with China led to higher prices on everyday items sold at WalMart and Target. On his radio show last month, Rush Limbaugh even put a very brisk timeline on it: “They’ll be talking impeachment on day two, after the first Trump executive order,” he said.

It’s not unusual for controversial presidents to be shadowed by talk of impeachment, once they’ve been in office long enough to make people mad. But before he’s elected? Before he’s a nominee?

Constitutional experts of all political stripes say it’s surprising for impeachment talk to bubble up this early—but then Trump has been throwing around some surprising ideas for a leading candidate, calling the Geneva Conventions a “problem” and pitching policies that many see as violating international law. “What he’s stated in my judgment would be clearly impeachable offenses,” said Fein, a former Reagan-era Justice Department official who worked on the Bill Clinton impeachment effort. Likewise, Yale Law School lecturer and military justice expert Eugene Fidell offered a similar prediction for Trump from the left. “He’s certainly said things, which if followed through on, would constitute high crimes and misdemeanors,” Fidell said. And doubtless many of Trump’s foes would like to see him impeached just on principle—the quickest way to broom out a leader who horrifies the inclusive sensibilities of Democrats, and has blown apart the Republican Party he’s nominally part of.

In December 2016, Democratic senators Elizabeth Warren , Dick Durbin , Chris Coons , Ben Cardin , and Jeff Merkley introduced a bill that would require the president of the United States to divest any assets that could raise a conflict of interest , including a statement that failure to divest such assets would constitute high crimes and misdemeanors "under the impeachment clause of the U.S. Constitution". [3] Vanity Fair characterized this as a preemptive effort to lay the groundwork for a future impeachment argument. [3] Concerns had previously been expressed that Trump's extensive business and real estate dealings, especially with respect to government agencies in other countries, may violate the Foreign Emoluments Clause of the Constitution , [4] sparking debate as to whether that is the case. [11] [12]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.2    3 years ago

Hmmmm..... Okay. I'll take that.

But lets also remember what the discussion of impeachment were revolving around...... violations of the constitution and established law.  If there was nothing, there would be nothing.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.4  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2.3    3 years ago
violations of the constitution and established law. 
What would those violations be?
Are they facts or just wishful thinking?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.4    3 years ago

FACTS

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2.6  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.2    3 years ago

You just highlighted people saying Trump is such an asshole and so goddamn stupid that it is highly likely he does something impeachable. Of course every single person who said that, myself included was 100% right. Predicting he will get himself impeached and calling for his impeachment are not the same thing. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.7  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.4    3 years ago

Stop wasting our time Greg.... Read the articles of impeachment for yourself.

READ: House article of impeachment against Donald Trump - CNNPolitics

evilone
Professor Guide
4  evilone    3 years ago

Meh...anything from Newsmax is delusional partisanship and should be ignored at best or mocked at worst.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1  Split Personality  replied to  evilone @4    3 years ago

I think they are ranked 6th out of the top 5 , lol...

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Split Personality @4.1    3 years ago

For mocking.....?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Does Greg Kelly have the balls to call himself a serious journalist?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    3 years ago
He was previously the co-host of Good Day New York on Fox 5 NY WNYW, with Rosanna Scotto, from 2008 until leaving late summer of 2017

Ex Fox,  go figure.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @5.1    3 years ago

He's not even serious enough for Fox

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @5    3 years ago

He does not have any to begin with.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2    3 years ago

Did you take his balls and put them in your purse?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

That’s the dumbest accusation I’ve heard in a long time.  That would be about the equivalent of impeaching Trump (again) for proposing herd mentality.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Ignoring that fact that the accusation is incredibly retarded to begin with, does anyone seriously think the fucking Democrats are competent enough to pull off something like what is being asserted here? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7    3 years ago
does anyone seriously think the fucking Democrats are competent enough to pull off something like what is being asserted here? 

But of course, don't they run the "deep state", control all the big tech companies, run an underground child sex trafficking's organization and cheat in the election so cleverly that they would lose seats in the house but still win the Presidential election?... /s

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8  MrFrost    3 years ago
Kelly demanded Biden be impeached for "election fraud."

That there is literally ZERO proof of. Then Newsmax wonders why they gat a bad rap.