╌>

Message from Joint Chiefs on U.S. Capitol Riot - USNI News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  flynavy1  •  3 years ago  •  34 comments

By:   USNI News

Message from Joint Chiefs on U.S. Capitol Riot - USNI News
The following is the Jan. 12, 2021 message to U.S. troops from the Joint Chiefs of Staff. MEMORANDUM FOR THE JOINT FORCE SUBJECT: MESSAGE TO THE JOINT FORCE The American people have trusted the Armed Forces of the United States to protect them and our Constitution for almost 250 years. As we have done throughout …

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

January 12, 2021 5:19 PM

The following is the Jan. 12, 2021 message to U.S. troops from the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

MEMORANDUM FOR THE JOINT FORCE SUBJECT: MESSAGE TO THE JOINT FORCE

The American people have trusted the Armed Forces of the United States to protect them and our Constitution for almost 250 years. As we have done throughout our history, the U.S. military will obey lawful orders from civilian leadership, support civil authorities to protect lives and property, ensure public safety in accordance with the law, and remain fully committed to protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

The violent riot in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021 was a direct assault on the U.S. Congress, the Capitol building, and our Constitutional process. We mourn the deaths of the two Capitol policemen and others connected to these unprecedented events.

We witnessed actions inside the Capitol building that were inconsistent with the rule of law. The rights of freedom of speech and assembly do not give anyone the right to resort to violence, sedition and insurrection.

As Service Members, we must embody the values and ideals of the Nation. We support and defend the Constitution. Any act to disrupt the Constitutional process is not only against our traditions, values, and oath; it is against the law.

On January 20, 2021, in accordance with the Constitution, confirmed by the states and the courts, and certified by Congress, President-elect Biden will be inaugurated and will become our 46th Commander in Chief.

To our men and women deployed and at home, safeguarding our country-stay ready, keep your eyes on the horizon, and remain focused on the mission. We honor your continued service in defense of every American.

[signed]

Mark A. Milley General, U.S. Army Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

John E. Hyten General, U.S. Air Force Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

James C. McConville General, U.S. Army Chief of Staff of the Army

David H. Berger General, U.S. Marine Corps Commandant of the Marine Corps

Michael M. Gilday Admiral, U.S. Navy Chief of Naval Operations

Charles Q. Brown, Jr. General, U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff of the Air Force

John W. Raymond General, U.S. Space Force Chief of Space Operations

Daniel R. Hokanson General, U.S. Army Chief of the National Guard Bureau

Download the document here.

Related

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    3 years ago

The members of the Joint Chiefs were right to remind everyone that their oath is to the US Constitution and to defend it.  Too bad so many of our elected officials ignore the very same oath.....

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    3 years ago
The members of the Joint Chiefs were right to remind everyone that their oath is to the US Constitution and to defend it.  Too bad so many of our elected officials ignore the very same oath.....

It's scary that this country, under Trump, has gotten to the point that this announcement was even necessary.  Have they ever needed to release this kind of statement before?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    3 years ago

I remember during the presidential election cycles back in the 80s, each of my commands issued reminders about our limitations under the UCMJ of participation in political rallies.  I don't ever remember the JCS ever issuing such a reminder.  Different times.....  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    3 years ago

IMO it was double edged warning. to the current occupant of the white house - don't bother calling. to those in the ranks - don't ever get caught doing this

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.1    3 years ago

Consider the number of veterans and at least one active duty who were involved in the riots. Maybe the Joint Chiefs that a timely reminder was in order to active duty and veterans about that oath they took and what it means

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.3    3 years ago

for any of those service members involved, call them back, court martial them, dishonorable discharge them, adjust any benefits they receive. ezpz

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.5  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    3 years ago

It very much was.... Devan-G.

A preempted strike. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    3 years ago
Too bad so many of our elected officials ignore the very same oath.....

tragic that so many trumpster service members, both past and present, seem to have forgotten.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  devangelical @1.2    3 years ago

More evidence of cult or hive thinking when it comes to Trump.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.1    3 years ago

like a type of mass hysteria that's parallel to that of a religious cult

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.2.1    3 years ago

Funny how a poster (I haven't seen around in a while) always called liberals/democrats/progressives - hive minds - along with butt hurt.  SSDD with that poster.  Projection, as usual.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.3    3 years ago

He has gone MIA, hasn't he?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.4    3 years ago

A fair amount of die hard tRump supporters haven't had the nerve to show their faces since just after tRump lost by over 7 million votes.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.6  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.5    3 years ago

the rest of the planet left them behind in their own alt-reality 2 months ago.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

Never ever heard of this happening before. Good to remind the troops that they are sworn to the constitution, not some cult. Second, it kinda concerning that they felt that they had to do it. 

FBI has reported the white supremacists to have infiltrated both the military and police departments. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

Brother Kavika...... We both remember those members in uniform that supported white power when we were on active duty.  They've always been there.  They may not be eliminated, but they can be marginalized/neutralized.  

Institutional racism has always been part of law enforcement.  "Cops and the Clan go hand in hand"

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.1  evilone  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    3 years ago

Yep. I saw them back in the 80's when I was in the Army. Didn't see much of that in the Coast Guard (I'm sure it was around), but I did know a Gunner's Mate that was getting out trying to secure a job in law enforcement who was likely to shoot first and ask questions later. He was scary stupid.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Kavika   replied to  evilone @2.1.1    3 years ago

I go back in the military time-wise to the late '50s through 1965 and oh hell yes there were a lot of them. 

When I was stationed at Ft Benning two buddies and I were refused entry into the USO club, wrong color. 

Of course, the bathrooms, drinking fountains, etc were all segregated.

Oh yeah, the ''good old days''..;

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.3  devangelical  replied to  evilone @2.1.1    3 years ago
He was scary stupid

= trumpster diehards

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago
FBI has reported the white supremacists to have infiltrated both the military and police departments.

I was in local law enforcement decades ago, and they were a known presence back then.  I think infiltrated is the wrong word for it, with the access to weapons, and the likelihood of violence, I think white supremist are drawn to those professions. 

But they're not alone, many people who feel the need to beat their chest above their opponents (bullies) are drawn to those professions.  However there are many more good people that go there as well, more than the outliers at least (IMHO).

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ozzwald @2.2    3 years ago

However there are many more good people that go there as well, more than the outliers at least (IMHO).

Exactly right.  Now how to separate the wheat from the chaff....  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

Certainly never happened in my 20 years of Naval service. It was never neccessary back then.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.3    3 years ago

What wasn't necessary, Doc?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @2.3.1    3 years ago

The Joint Chiefs issuing a statement like they did.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Kavika   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.3.2    3 years ago

Ok thanks, got it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 years ago

138495898_10225451608900444_934891246190715478_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=JtXueSHnfBAAX9dcRay&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=83f34d0e2ac9de14b04095d547cc372c&oe=6024FD57

This tRump supporter is now on a No Fly list and cannot fly home after being part of tRump's mob insurrection on the Capitol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago

I hope she brought her credit card so she rent a car to get home

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    3 years ago

I wonder how many of these morons thought that there would be no consequences because tRump led the way? 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2  Kavika   replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @3.2    3 years ago

LOL, cracks me up every time

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.3  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago

"boo, hoo, hoo, I'm a dumb ass trumpster insurrectionist too fucking stupid to think ahead"

Thomas
Senior Guide
4  Thomas    3 years ago

Here is a good take on it...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  Thomas @4    3 years ago

This popped up on my youtube feed, very interesting.