╌>

The livestream launch of the MyPillowGuy's "free speech" social media site is a glorious disaster, everyone

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  3 years ago  •  15 comments

By:   Andrew Paul, AV Club

The livestream launch of the MyPillowGuy's "free speech" social media site is a glorious disaster, everyone

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Andrew Paul
Tue, April 20, 2021, 12:18 PM

8aca408c6f1f79fd2de7b1d9dd164338

A normal response from a normal man in support of a normal president.

We’re on Day Two of   Mike Lindell ’s livestream “launch” of Frank, the MAGA cultist MyPillow CEO’s new “free speech” “social media” “platform.” We feel compelled to use so many quotations because there are many addendums to that statement. “Launch” is being generous, given that technical difficulties made it initially impossible for visitors to sign up for the service—Mike blames this on Antifa hackers, for what it’s worth (which is nothing). “Free speech” needs an asterisk, too, because   Lindell at one point alleged , “You don’t get to use the four swear words: the c-word, the n-word, the f-word, or God’s name in vain.” So there’s that. “Social media” also needs clarification, because: see “launch.”

And, finally, “platform” is a bit inaccurate, since it’s hard to describe a flaming, capsized ocean barge of toupee adhesive and crushed Vyvanse as anything close to solid footing.

Last night, Jimmy Kimmel gave a solid summary for Day One of Frankathon (Lindell’s coinage, not ours), including a rundown of the star-studded guest appearances: Gen. Mike Flynn, Ben Carson, Scott Baio, Steve Bannon, and Ted Nugent. “I gotchu, Mike! Happy Springtime to you. Thank you for being on the frontlines for freedom. We salute you,” Nugent said at one point, implying the “frontlines for freedom” is located in the basement of Lindell’s / Minnesota undisclosed location  McMansion.

At some point during the livestream, Lindell seems to genuinely believe the Frank staff got Donald Trump on the phone.   It was not, in fact, Donald Trump .

d31c356d0d8f1727dee1f977d0861ab9

Visitors receive this message upon clicking Frank’s “About” section. I did not willfully register, nor log-in.

“I did my due diligence. You can’t take that from me,” Lindell spat shortly before this write-up. “I don’t have to validate!” (He was talking about his research into Dominion voter fraud allegations, not livestream guest vetting).

As of penning this piece, Frank is streaming Lindell’s   Absolute Proof: Exposing Election Fraud and The Theft of America by Enemies Foreign and Domestic   “documentary.” Again, we feel the strong need to employ quotations here. Also, we should probably clarify “streaming,” since it’s just the audio playing on Frank’s home page. You have to navigate over to the Absolute Series tab to actually play the movie.

So, yeah. Mike Lindell’s Frankathon is going great, everyone.

Send Great Job, Internet tips to gji@theonion.com

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago
"Last night, Jimmy Kimmel gave a solid summary for Day One of Frankathon (Lindell’s coinage, not ours), including a rundown of the star-studded guest appearances: Gen. Mike Flynn, Ben Carson, Scott Baio, Steve Bannon, and Ted Nugent. “I gotchu, Mike! Happy Springtime to you. Thank you for being on the frontlines for freedom. We salute you,” Nugent said at one point, implying the “frontlines for freedom” is located in the basement of Lindell’s /   Minnesota     undisclosed location    McMansion.

At some point during the livestream, Lindell seems to genuinely believe the Frank staff got Donald Trump on the phone.      It was not, in fact, Donald Trump   ."

He got punked 'on air'  I would have loved to have seen that idiot Lindell gushing, thinking the former occupant of the White House was on the phone to his lame ass site.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

what a fucking loser. just like his traitorous hero.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

I thought Nugent was coughing up his lungs?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

What a loser! Like all the other supporters of the former occupant of the White House!

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago

LOL, great minds...

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Behold what happens when people who do t know shot about tech try to break into tech.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

Somehow this guy seems to either be self sabotaging and self destructive, mentally ill or just plane dumb as a rock.

Who in their right mind starts building an empire then crashes it on purpose ?

I'd imagine many of his employees will end up suffering financially as well from this clowns antics.

Idiot ! 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4    3 years ago

I'm starting to think he wants to lose as much money as possible so there's nothing left when Dominion sues his stupid ass.

Sophomore Guide
4.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1    3 years ago

LMAO !

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1    3 years ago

Kamikaze finance?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ozzwald  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4    3 years ago
Somehow this guy seems to either be self sabotaging and self destructive, mentally ill or just plane dumb as a rock.

I select "D" - All of the above.

Sophomore Guide
4.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ozzwald @4.2    3 years ago
I select "D" - All of the above.

and that was the correct answer, you get a star for the day. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

LOL 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  Ozzwald @4.2    3 years ago

That is the correct answer. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     3 years ago

The guest list was a whos who of the wacko brigade.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    3 years ago
star-studded guest appearances: Gen. Mike Flynn, Ben Carson, Scott Baio, Steve Bannon, and Ted Nugent.

Or as Walt Disney would call them, Grumpy, Sleepy, Unhappy, Boozy, and Dopey