╌>

Joe Walsh: Tucker and Hannity's 'Sea of Disinformation'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  17 comments

By:   colbyhall (Mediaite)

Joe Walsh: Tucker and Hannity's 'Sea of Disinformation'
"If you would have told me eight years ago when I was in congress that Black Lives Matter, I probably would have reflexively fired back at you, 'no, John, all lives matter,'" he continued, adding "But I've learned. I've opened my eyes. I was mistaken. I listened to Black Americans, and I understand why it's important to say Black Lives Matter."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Colby HallApr 22nd, 2021, 8:34 am

Joe Walsh is the former Tea Party Republican who served in Congress and conservative talk radio host who is now a vocal critic of the very right-wing media ecosystem and outrage culture that is the foundation of his career. During a Thursday morning appearance on CNN's New Day , Walsh blasted the business of conservative talk radio and specifically called out Fox News prime time hosts Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity for riling up conservatives with anger.

At the end of a segment that started by blasting Carlson, co-host John Berman turned to a recent Walsh tweet in which he praised comments made by former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama following the guilty verdict for Derek Chauvin . Walsh revealed that when he was in Congress and Obama was president, he would have "reflexively" rallied against him for saying that "Black Americans are treated differently" before adding that he now understands it. "Barack Obama has always gotten it," he said. "He hasn't changed. I have."

Eight years ago when I was in Congress and @BarackObama was President, I would have reflexively railed against him for saying this. Now I agree with him. And thank him for saying it. Because now I understand it. Barack Obama has always gotten it. He hasn't changed. I have. https://t.co/53wfOZsI9x
— Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) April 21, 2021

Walsh explained his evolution explaining how he "spent the last four years opening my eyes and listening, primarily talking to Black Americans, Black men, and women, understanding — getting to understand their experience."

"If you would have told me eight years ago when I was in congress that Black Lives Matter, I probably would have reflexively fired back at you, 'no, John, all lives matter,'" he continued, adding "But I've learned. I've opened my eyes. I was mistaken. I listened to Black Americans, and I understand why it's important to say Black Lives Matter."

Walsh then pivoted to why more conservatives refuse to say Black Lives Matter. "They're in this sea of disinformation and conspiracy that doesn't allow them to" say the term. He went on to explain how "people like Hannity and Tucker Carlson [are] riling them up every day," noting that his past experience in conservative talk radio gave him some authority on the subject.

"It's all about pissing off your audience, and that's what Tucker and Hannity and all the rest of them do," Walsh concluded. "It's a real problem for the country."

On the evening that Derek Chauvin was found guilty, Tucker Carlson suggested, without evidence, the verdict came as a result of the jury's fear that there would be repercussions. Hannity has long been a wildly influential force in the conservative world, particularly during the Trump administration, but has avoided many of the race-related controversies that seem to follow his prime time colleagues on Fox News.

Watch above via CNN.

Have a tip we should know? [email protected]

Filed Under:

Joe WalshJohn BermanSean HannityTucker Carlson Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago
Walsh then pivoted to why more conservatives refuse to say Black Lives Matter. "They're in this sea of disinformation and conspiracy that doesn't allow them to" say the term. He went on to explain how "people like Hannity and Tucker Carlson [are] riling them up every day," noting that his past experience in conservative talk radio gave him some authority on the subject. "It's all about pissing off your audience, and that's what Tucker and Hannity and all the rest of them do," Walsh concluded. "It's a real problem for the country."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Somehow, against all odds, Joe Walsh, a former tea party nut, has re-invented himself as a voice of reason on the right. 

Joe Walsh
@WalshFreedom
Don’t ever forget that last night
@TuckerCarlson
accused those 12 Americans on that jury of not being smart enough, decent enough, or American enough to follow their oaths & arrive at a verdict based on the evidence presented in court. The evidence.

What an elite twit Tucker is.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

They need to take some of Walsh's blood to make a vaccine of some sort.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1    3 years ago

that made me giggle

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
omehow, against all odds, Joe Walsh, a former tea party nut, has re-invented himself as a voice of reason on the right. 

IT's called money.   Do you think left wing outlets would pay him money to do anything other than shill for them? 

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.1  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2    3 years ago

SomeBODY could stand to listen too. . . .  I'm  just saying.  (Chuckles.)

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.2.2  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2    3 years ago

What makes you think Walsh was paid?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @2.2.2    3 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Really. Walsh is looking to stay relevant any way he can. CNN needs former hard right Republicans to shill their BS. Money paves the way.

Poor Joe doesn't understand no matter how much he caters to the left they will never love him. He is running out of bridges to burn.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.4  CB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.3    3 years ago

One can conjecture that about anybody,  Donald Trump is a 'plump' loser and yet MAGA keeps him "relevant."  and we all know he has 'enablers.' (That is what I shall call them. Though we know enablers work for benefits.)

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.3  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

Who the hell is Tucker to sit in judgement of a jury.

Can we just push him out of the back of a C-130 over Afghanistan, preferably over a Taliban stronhold....?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.3.1  SteevieGee  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.3    3 years ago

He's the guy who dodges jury duty himself by claiming financial hardship.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Too bad he didn't have his change of heart 6-8 years ago

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Water's rant, and Pelosi's approval of it, was meant to intimidate the jury.

The Dems wanted to use a similar tactic in the Newsome recall

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

Yeah, like no one could conclude with their own common sense that Chauvin was guilty. jrSmiley_123_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 years ago
Yeah, like no one could conclude with their own common sense that Chauvin was guilty.

Prosecution hit the nail on the head when they told the jury to trust what they see.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
4.3  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 years ago

The trial judge gave proper (and suitable) instructions to the jury. But 'Carry On' with a grab at something to believe in whether than change. Growth is vertical!