Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  3 years ago  •  25 comments

By:   Lee Moran, HuffPost

'Radicalized' GOP And 'Twisted People' On Fox News Called Out In Damning New Ad

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

'Radicalized' GOP And 'Twisted People' On Fox News Called Out In Damning New Ad

· Reporter, HuffPost

Sat, May 1, 2021, 2:54 AM

Progressive PAC MeidasTouch  is calling on people to reject the “radicalized” GOP ― and spotlights the harmful influence that personalities on right-wing media such as Fox News can have on Republicans ― with its latest viral ad.

The narrator in the 90-second spot released online Saturday notes how alienated people worldwide “are drawn to extremist leaders promising to take on the enemies of their people.”

“In America, some of our lost souls respond in a similar way to the call of influential voices,” he continues. “But instead of militant preachers or radical clerics, every single night in America they can listen to our own angry advocates of division and conspiracy” on right-wing media.

Fox News ’ prime-time host   Tucker Carlson , for example, has in recent weeks pushed   white supremacist rhetoric , downplayed the deadly U.S. Capitol riot and   sowed doubt   about COVID-19 vaccines.

“The radicalized Republican party and the twisted people on TV who speak for them use the very same language of intolerance and rage to provoke those alienated people,” he concludes. “And until we all reject these poisonous voices, the result will inevitably be escalating violence and tragedy.”

It’s unclear if the ad will air on television. The effect that this kind of online political attack ad has on influencing voters has also come under increasing scrutiny in recent years .

But on Twitter, the clip has already garnered   more than 400,000 views .

The PAC was created before the 2020 election by attorney Ben Meiselas and his two brothers. Meiselas represented former San Francisco 49er   Colin Kaepernick   in his   settlement with the NFL .

The siblings often attack ex-President Donald Trump and pro-Trump GOPers with their ads, many of which rack up millions of views online.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

It appears freaks and liars and conspiracy theorists are absolutely drawn to today's gqp.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

Fox News   ’ prime-time host      Tucker Carlson   , for example, has in recent weeks pushed      white supremacist rhetoric   , downplayed the deadly U.S. Capitol riot and      sowed doubt       about COVID-19 vaccines.

“The radicalized Republican party and the twisted people on TV who speak for them use the very same language of intolerance and rage to provoke those alienated people,” he concludes. “And until we all reject these poisonous voices, the result will inevitably be escalating violence and tragedy.”

Certain folks here and everywhere continue to blame all the violence on anti-fa and BLM, when it is all obviously coming from the 'right'.  

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    3 years ago

What outrageous lies will Fox News think up next? That Biden is outlawing the 4th of July and hamburgers?

Wait! They already did. Fox News is shameless bullshit!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3    3 years ago

That trump ass kisser Noem is suing President Biden over July 4th fireworks or some such shit.  So she didn't have a problem when trump did it?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    3 years ago

Clarification - Noem is suing President Biden for not allowing the July 4th fireworks.

Now Noem can't hold another superspreader event like Sturgis.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    3 years ago

Call it what it is ... Trumpist Wokism.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

What I see is the usual diatribe hit piece by the extreme leftist liberal biased publication called the Huffington Post. Hardly credible except to extreme left leaning liberals. At least try to use something in or near the center of the spectrum.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1  Hallux  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5    3 years ago

Trumpists call everything 'fake news', what are your suggestions?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @5.1    3 years ago

Except Fox 'news'

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Hallux @5.1    3 years ago

I saw someone call Vox "far left" the other day.  To some people anyone to the left of Mitch McConnell is a "far left extremist".

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Hallux @5.1    3 years ago

I am no Trumpist nor did ever use the words "fake news".

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.3    3 years ago

I didn't call you one nor did I say you used the words 'fake news'. I merely asked you for a list of publications that you would consider as being non-biased. Do you always melt and take umbrage so easily?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @5.1.4    3 years ago
"I didn't call you one nor did I say you used the words 'fake news'."

No, you didn't!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.6  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    3 years ago

The far right hates everybody to the left of Attila the Hun.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Hallux @5.1.4    3 years ago

You answered my post with your statement and I took it as you equating me as such. Please accept my apologies for misinterpreting your comment. I'm not in a good frame of mind right now as I had my dog of 13 years pass away during last night.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.7    3 years ago

All dogs go to heaven.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.9  MonsterMash  replied to  Hallux @5.1.8    3 years ago
All dogs go to heaven.

Not Chihuahuas, they all go to hell. jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.10  Hallux  replied to  MonsterMash @5.1.9    3 years ago

I thought that was where they came from.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5    3 years ago

I don't care what you see.  You're free not to comment on this liberal hit piece as you say.  [Deleted

Yet you have no problem with the constant lies and propaganda and projection from the 'right'.

Got it!

What you find 'credible' is right wing hate, lies, propaganda, and projection.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @5.2    3 years ago

Actually, I am very free to comment as I like here or anywhere else just as long as I do not break the site COC rules whether you like it or not. Bye now.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.1    3 years ago

"Actually, I am very free to comment as I like here or anywhere else just as long as I do not break the site COC rules whether you like it or not. Bye now."

Where did I say you weren't?  You just keep saying that I post 'extreme radical leftist leaning biased' sources all the time.  You're free not to comment if they bother you so much.  Those reality based truth based leftist leaning liberal sites, that is.

So bye now?  jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5    3 years ago

'extreme leftist liberal biased'

That seems to be your response for anything that is considered left leaning.  You're quite predictable!  [Deleted.] . . you're welcome to move along.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5    3 years ago

see, that is entirely too sane for some folks

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @5.4    3 years ago

Yep.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6  bbl-1    3 years ago

GOP is not 'radicalized'.  GOP has the affliction of kompromat. It is something about the money and the origin of that money.