╌>

Rand Paul blamed pop star Richard Marx for threatening package. Marx's reply was right there waiting for Stephen Colbert.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  3 years ago  •  5 comments

Rand Paul blamed pop star Richard Marx for threatening package. Marx's reply was right there waiting for Stephen Colbert.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Peter Weber
Wed, May 26, 2021, 2:01 AM

c4d5d48e0044ada791a9aec551ca44b5

A suspicious package containing white powder and, reportedly, a death threat   arrived at Sen. Rand Paul's (R-Ky.) house   on Monday. That isn't funny. Threatening anybody, much less a U.S. senator, is serious, even if tests showed that   the powdery substance "is not dangerous ," as the Capitol Police said Tuesday evening, and "non-toxic," as Kentucky's Warren County Sheriff's Office confirmed separately.

But   Paul's response , blaming the threat on '80s pop star Richard Marx, is kind of humorous.

On Sunday, Marx tweeted, "If I ever meet Rand Paul's neighbor I'm going to hug him and buy him as many drinks as he can consume." Paul's neighbor Rene Boucher tackled the senator in 2017, breaking six of his ribs, and spent 30 days in federal prison for the assault. Marx was responding to Paul saying he won't get vaccinated against COVID-19.

"As a repeated target of violence, it is reprehensible that Twitter allows C-list celebrities to encourage violence against me and my family," Paul tweeted Monday night. "Just this weekend Richard Marx called for violence against me and now we receive this powder filled letter." Twitter   said   Tuesday that Marx's tweet "was in violation of our glorification of violence policy," and it was taken down.

Marx did push back, tweeting that Paul's refusal to get vaccinated is much more dangerous than "a wisecrack about Rand Paul's neighbor." But   The Late Show   also responded to Paul on Marx's behalf, repurposing his 1989 ballad "Right Here Waiting."

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.1  Veronica  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

Very enjoyable. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

that teabag weenie deserves to get his ass kicked 3 times a week.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago

Good one r.t..b...!