Trump's blog page shuts down a month after launch

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  19 comments

By:   Elizabeth Culliford (MSN)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Elizabeth Culliford

© Reuters/OCTAVIO JONES FILE PHOTO: Former U.S. President Donald Trump speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando

(Reuters) - Former U.S. President Donald Trump's blog page, launched last month in the wake of major social media platforms banning him, has been removed from his website.

Trump aide Jason Miller on Wednesday said that the page, which had been called "From the Desk of Donald J. Trump," would not be returning.

"It was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on," Miller said in an email to Reuters.

Plans for the Republican former president to launch a social media platform have been teased for months by Trump's team but with little detail.

"I'm hoping to have more information on the broader efforts soon, but I do not have a precise awareness of timing," Miller said.

The blog page, which was billed as a place to "speak freely and safely," served as a one-way means of communication that contained posts from Trump that could be liked and shared to social networks such as Twitter and Facebook from which Trump remains blocked.

A slew of social media platforms barred him following the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol by a pro-Trump mob.

Twitter Inc, which Trump had used frequently, has said its ban is permanent, even if he runs for office again. Before being banned, the businessman-turned-politician had more than 88 million followers.

Facebook Inc's independent oversight board determined that the company was correct to suspend Trump but criticized it for the ban's indefinite nature. In May, the oversight board gave Facebook six months to determine a proportionate response to the case.

Alphabet Inc's YouTube has said it will restore Trump's channel when it decides that the risk of violence has decreased.

(Reporting by Elizabeth Culliford; Editing by Will Dunham)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

That was fast.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Trump had a blog?

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    3 years ago
Trump had a blog?

Ha!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I dont think Trump has lost his audience. This thing failed because it was not interactive. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

True enuf!... many people still believe that the Trumpster is the true Messiah, and will soon return to lead us all to Paradise!

(Or words to that effect...)

Professor Guide
2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

Ten bucks says there will be another article in five minutes which states Trump was furious that his one-way megaphone was shut down. 

Did you read Steven Miller's comment?

"I'm hoping to have more information on the broader efforts soon, but I do not have a precise awareness of timing," Miller said.

I do not have a precise awareness of timing...  I think he's channeling his inner Kellyanne Conway bamboozle method. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.3    3 years ago

Steven Miller - Satan's asshole

Professor Guide
2.3.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.1    3 years ago

Sorry, Tess.  I meant Jason Miller.  Different first name, same rubber stamp.  Satan's asshole still applies.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 years ago

WHAT A LOSER!

Whatever happened to that dumbass My Pillow guy's site - Frank?

The one that was crank called on day 1!  This dumbass actually thought trumpturd was calling him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago
This dumbass actually thought trumpturd was calling him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What??  Crap, I must have missed that little gem.  Where can I find it?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    3 years ago

Try you tube

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    3 years ago

I had to turn my computer in (work asset/property, and I don't have a computer of my own) the other week so while I'm at home I only have a tablet to work off of now and it's a bitch trying to do anything online!  I'm going to post a link to that now:

Watch Mike Lindell get tricked by a prank caller pretending to be Donald Trump during a livestream for his new social-media site

Apr 20, 2021, 8:31 AM
607ea3b274da0300181e2a49?width=700https://i.insider.com/607ea3b274da0300181e2a49?width=500&format=jpeg&auto=webp 500w, 700w, 1000w, 1300w" sizes="(min-width: 1280px) 900px" >
Michael Lindell with President Trump at the White House in 2017.   AP Photo/Alex Brandon
  • Mike Lindell fell for a prank-caller pretending to be Donald Trump during a 48-hour livestream.
  • Lindell introduced "our real president," and then the caller abandoned the prank.
  • It happened during a livestream for the launch of Lindell's own social-media site, Frank.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4  igknorantzrulz    3 years ago

Trump couldn't turn a blog page

of a novel

virus.

congrats Trump on another failure!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

The mighty Casey has struck out....again.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

Professor Guide
7  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Twitter has not been kind to Trump...

Twitter Cruelly Mocks The End of Trump’s New Platform Which Was a Blog: ‘Trump Cancels Himself’

The comments are a flippin' hoot.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

For real, did anyone think that pile of shit was NOT going to fail immediately?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8    3 years ago

That would be every Trumpturd here.