╌>

Old Things In Your House That Are Actually Worth A Fortune

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  10 comments

By:   L' Oignan

Old Things In Your House That Are Actually Worth A Fortune
Sure this was just a fun decoration that you picked up to furnish your first college apartment, but the one-of-a-kind sarcophagus is worth . . .

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Photo credit: The Onion

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

The Coffin Of Pa-Di-Tu-Amun, Egypt (945-889 B.C.)

Sure this was just a fun decoration that you picked up to furnish your first college apartment, but the one-of-a-kind sarcophagus is worth $3.25 million.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

Princess Diana Beanie Baby

This extremely rare toy has only appreciated in value since its release in 1997, now said to be worth over $14.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

A Piece Of The True Cross

While subsequent versions flooded the marketplace and reduced resale value, you can still get a decent price for a sizable chunk of the original wood that Christ was crucified on.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3    3 years ago
A Piece Of The True Cross

Recently lumber's become very expensive. So if someone want's to market pieces of the Original True Cross, my advice would be to make them out of plastic-- much, much cheaper to manufacture, and I believe Benjamim Moore now has a paint colour called "Old Cross #369")

[Just kidding about that paint :-)]

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    3 years ago

#10: Your Dog!

(Why...???)

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     3 years ago

I have a one of a kind and it's really really old, ''Pet Rock'' in the original box and the straw bed. 

Since they are so few of and being really rare it could be worth trillions.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @5    3 years ago

Actually for years there have been articles, off and on, about things people may have had for years that now do have greatly increased value.

(And other articles that list things that actually do have value-- and then others which don't).

But it seems that recently I keep getting ad spam on my phone re: these sorts of articles...

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1    3 years ago

I do remember what a YUGE fad collecting Beanie Babies was at one time. And interestingly, apparently the company deliberately limited the number of certain models they produced-- thus guaranteeing scarcity of certain types and making them worth a lot-- but others..not so much!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @5    3 years ago
it could be worth trillions.

Well-- at least its probably worth Billions!

In fact, possible even Billions...and Billions...and even more Billions!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Although we had quite a few old things, including genuine antiques, in our home that we had picked up here and there at reasonable prices, nothing was eventually worth a fortune.  What I used to enjoy doing on weekends was going to garage sales and church sales and picking up tarnished old hallmarked silver and china that people had no idea of their value, polish them up and sell them for a good profit on eBay.  My accurate descriptions and photos vaulted me to the highest category of trustworthyness on that site so I never had any trouble selling anything.  I also collected antique stringed musical instruments and vintage cameras, but those I kept for myself.