╌>

Britney Spears Invited To Speak Before Congress

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  thrawn-31  •  3 years ago  •  16 comments

By:   Cheryl Teh

Britney Spears Invited To Speak Before Congress
Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz has extended an invitation to singer Britney Spears to testify in Congress about her conservatorship battle and to tell the tale of how her "life, liberty, and happiness" was taken from her.

It may be extremely surprising to some, myself most of all, but I have actually been keeping a close eye on this. I guess you could say this is my one, weird, out of left field issue that for some reason I genuinely care about. 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Penning a  letter  co-signed by other GOP lawmakers, including Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, Utah Rep. Burgess Owens, and Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs, Gaetz invited Spears to tell her story in Congress.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

I am certain they have ulterior motives and plan to turn it into some sort of circus, but what is happening to Spears is genuinely fucked up and needs to be corrected. Clearly the lower level legal system isn't going to do anything, so I am in favor of her REALLY amplifying her message and the issue. Not just for her, but conservatorships in general need to be looked at.

The fact that a person can essentially be legally stripped of all their freedoms and have almost no recourse is extremely concerning. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1    3 years ago

Indeed.  It seems grossly unfair to her.  No way anyone should be able to tell her she can’t get married or have a child with the man she wants to marry.  She seems like a hostage who has to work non stop in order to see her family and only gets a pittance of what she’s earned.  Something is clearly wrong here.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

Oh without a doubt. And to me, what is the most fucked up about this, is that quite literally EVERYONE involved is on her payroll. She is paying for her own (court appointed I believe, she isn't allowed to hire her own) lawyer, her conservator's "fees", her conservators lawyers, and I imagine some donations to the very judge overseeing her case. All the "aids" and "assistants" are also being paid on her dollar. Literally everyone has a financial interest in keeping this going and she is not legally allowed to do anything about it. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    3 years ago

Honestly, if I were her, I would quit. I would refuse to do shows. I would refuse to write new music. I would refuse to make any sort of appearances. I would refuse to leave my goddamn room. Cut off the revenue stream and I think you will find her conservatorship will end pretty quickly. 

CB
Professor Principal
2  CB    3 years ago

I heard this Saturday morning that her current conservatorship, Bessemer Trust, asked to resign and has been approved by the court. It is all very interesting indeed. What struck me is how blatant all of this appears and sounds outside of stage-lights.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3  cjcold    3 years ago

And here I thought Britney was a little too old for Gaetz.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @3    3 years ago

Gaetz is married but the two are the same age.  Rose Mc Gowen (sp) took her case to Tucker Carlson Tonight and it exploded from there.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2  seeder  Thrawn 31  replied to  cjcold @3    3 years ago

Lol, I almost made the joke myself, but I am serious about this issue. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  cjcold  replied to  Thrawn 31 @3.2    3 years ago

Grew up in the music business myself (played my own 8th grade graduation dance).

Over time saw a lot of fellow musicians crash and burn. Did it myself a few times.

Finally wised-up and got off of the drug, alcohol, sex and fast car suicide trip.

Still enjoy being on stage with a hot band on occasion, but will never tour again. 

It's possible that Britney was lucky having folk trying to save her from herself.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.2  CB  replied to  cjcold @3.2.1    3 years ago
It's possible that Britney was lucky having folk trying to save her from herself.

True. It does sound that Britney feels ready to take her fate in her own hands again, even if it means 'failure.'

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  cjcold  replied to  CB @3.2.2    3 years ago

Was never a fan. Can't even recall one of her songs. 

Can remember every song from Janice, Grace and Lydia. 

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.4  CB  replied to  cjcold @3.2.3    3 years ago

I am not a fan (little beyond my 'time' of listening to POP music on a daily basis. I have heard her songs and raspy voice and the 'girl' does appear to have that "IT" factor. Besides her hurt comes through now. I don't know what is going on with her, but I wish her all the best!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I had read that the reason (or a reason) for the judge's decision was because she had consented to the conservatorship.  I wonder how old she was at the time, and whether or not she had any decent advice.  One would think that for a normal person there should be limitations on such a situation, such as an age for its termination.