╌>

Ohio moms speak out after private school expels their children over critical race theory pushback

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  60 comments

By:   Joshua Nelson (Fox News)

Ohio moms speak out after private school expels their children over critical race theory pushback
Two Ohio mothers spoke out Wednesday morning after their children were expelled from a private school due to the mothers pushing back against critical race theory.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Two Ohio mothers spoke out Wednesday morning after their children were expelled from a private school due to the mothers pushing back against critical race theory.

Columbus Academy is denying re-enrollment to several students, alleging that their mothers breached part of their contract by leading a public campaign against the school's purported attempt to "indoctrinate" students with left-wing ideas.

"I feel like it is unfortunate that when you are speaking out and you are trying to say your truth, unfortunately, there are people who want to retaliate against you. In this case, they retaliated against our children, who are innocent," Andrea Gross told "Fox & Friends First," alongside Amy Gonzalez.

The decision capped off months of efforts by Gross and Gonzalez to probe Columbus Academy's (CA) activities, which allegedly included divisive concepts about race and anti-conservative sentiment. Gross and Gonzalez are co-organizers of the Pro CA Coalition, pushing against critical race theory being taught at Columbus Academy.

"We tried, in the best way possible, to represent and speak up not only for our children but also our teachers. At a private school, they did not have a union. I believe a lot of it is coming from The National Association of Independent Schools," Gonzalez told host Todd Piro.

Fox News has obtained copies of the school's letters notifying Gross and Gonzalez, who lead the Pro-CA Coalition, of the decision. The school, which includes pre-K through 12th grade students, effectively expelled two of Gross' children and one of Gonzalez's. According to the moms, their coalition includes hundreds of other CA parents who are also concerned about recent changes to school materials.

Gross and Gonzalez's battle is one that's being fought by many parents across the U.S. In the wake of George Floyd's murder by police officer Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis, parents have reported being blindsided by racial content and encountering road blocks while seeking accountability from administrators.

Schools like CA have generally defended so-called "anti-racist" or equity-focused content as ways to enhance inclusion among students. However, parents' complaints and school materials often reveal highly controversial content that critics say causes even more division.

Gonzalez said that the fight is directed at expanding speech, not banning it. She also said that students are not the only constituents who feel unsupported, but, the teachers feel that way as well.

"We feel like how are they going to come forward? They have one-year contracts, which whenever they have any grievances, they don't have an H.R. department, they have to take that to the head of school as well."

Gross said their organization asked for a "confidential reporting line" for the teachers and both mothers said that that request was denied by the school.

A spokesperson for CA declined to comment on specific cases, but more generally restated the school's position on "attacks" leveled by parents.

"Columbus Academy does not comment on the circumstances of any student or family. However, any parent who waged a public campaign of false and misleading statements and inflammatory attacks harmful to the employees, the reputation, or the financial stability of Columbus Academy would be in clear violation of the Enrollment Agreement and would be denied re-enrollment for the following school year," the spokesperson said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

For the first time today I used Twitter to advocate for a protest of the Columbus Academy in Ohio. I hope they picket that school to the point where teachers can't hear themselves above the noise.

As Obama once said: "Get in their face!"

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
I used Twitter to advocate for a protest of the Columbus Academy in Ohio

Would you suggest the same if this were a private Catholic School that refused to re-enroll some kids whose liberal parents "waged a public campaign of false and misleading statements and inflammatory attacks harmful to the employees, the reputation, or the financial stability of" said Catholic School because it was teaching the Children from the bible?

It's a private school, they can make up their own rules and regulations, these parents broke those rules and, as the school says, falsely accused a private school of something it says it's not doing.

But Andrea and Amy will get their 15 minutes of fame going on Fox and lying about what CRT is and lying about liberals and progressives which will rile up all the half wit conservative Fox viewers into a frenzy of ignorant outrage.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    3 years ago
Would you suggest the same if this were a private Catholic School that refused to re-enroll some kids whose liberal parents "waged a public campaign of false and misleading statements and inflammatory attacks harmful to the employees, the reputation, or the financial stability of" said Catholic School because it was teaching the Children from the bible?

When you send kids to Catholic School you know they will be taught about the Bible. There is no deception.

It's a private school, they can make up their own rules and regulations, these parents broke those rules and, as the school says, falsely accused a private school of something it says it's not doing.

Any private school teaching CRT needs to let everyone know in advance that it is part of the curriculum. Public schools are funded by tax payer money and have no right to teach anything without parental approval.

But Andrea and Amy will get their 15 minutes of fame going on Fox and lying about what CRT is 

So you are one of the one admitting that CRT is being taught there. Good for you!

and lying about liberals and progressives

They are not lying about that. We know what they are.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago
So you are one of the one admitting that CRT is being taught there. Good for you!

Where in that quote do I admit that CRT is being taught there? I said those mothers are on Fox "lying about what CRT is". That's not an admission the school is teaching CRT, it's an observation that these mothers and every other conservative I've talked to have no fucking clue as to what CRT is and thus they misrepresent it and lie about it constantly all with the intention of riling up their base of ignorant conservatives who get further confused and thus outraged about something that isn't even a real thing and isn't being taught in school. There is no "CRT" curriculum textbook being handed out to students. At best it's some enthusiastic teacher trying to teach kids the realities of race in society and in American history that gets taken out of context by a couple of stick up the ass conservative bible thumpers who then attack the school for a teacher having the audacity to bring up a discussion about race.

They are not lying about that. We know what they are.

Law abiding tax paying American citizens with statistically higher IQ's who cherish their freedom of speech and freedom of expression and the constitutional separation of Church and State.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago
"They are not lying about that. We know what they are."

Oh really?  What are 'we'?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.2    3 years ago
"They are not lying about that. We know what they are."
"Law abiding tax paying American citizens with statistically higher IQ's who cherish their freedom of speech and freedom of expression and the constitutional separation of Church and State."

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

Spot on as usual DP!

Here is something else us democrats/liberal/progressives are:

214875262_10221547614573776_5291078413816556745_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Wzw8_upyOiwAX8y2yrw&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=c21c336395df565e2600483a3896d324&oe=60EA0F54

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.5  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    3 years ago
When you send kids to Catholic School you know they will be taught about the Bible.

Bull Shit.  Went to Catholic Grade school, a private Catholic HS and a Catholic University.

The closest they came to a Bible was called Catechism, unless you were lucky enough to

haul around the priest's Bible during Mass.

Any private school teaching CRT needs to let everyone know in advance that it is part of the curriculum.

Another opinion?  Can you prove the school "teaches CRT"?  No. but it's pretty obvious the parents wasted their tuition$$

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.5    3 years ago

Bullshit right back at ya.  

You must have went to a very "progressive" Catholic school because everyone i've ever talked to about it that went to a parochial school says the exact opposite.   As do i.   Everyone knew there was a religious component to parochial school around here.   Especially in grade school.   Less so in middle school and even less in HS but it was still there.   When i transferred to public school as a sophomore,  that's when i experience zero religion related to my educational endeavors.

Any supposition that a Catholic parochial school WOULD NOT have a bible base educational component is ridiculous in my experience.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.6    3 years ago

You studied a Bible in Grade school? Congratulations.

I say that's amazing. Which one? CBS? Ignatius?  Who paid for it?

Anyway it was not my experience. We had Catechism classes and Confirmation classes, all rote.

The Church itself had hundreds of study bibles in the pews, so if interested, you could read along with the priest during Mass.

Grade school/parochial schools are just private religious day care facilities that taught the three R's and the

Ten Commandments and specialized in corporal punishment by the nuns.

(And duck & cover for the real Big Bang...........like it would make a difference.)

They did facilitate awesome vaccinations though...

Any supposition that a Catholic parochial school WOULD NOT have a bible base educational component is ridiculous in my experience.

Yes Catholicism is based on the Bible that they contributed to and edited for 2000 years

losing 14 books of the Old testament along the way and making some interesting translations.

Bible classes, in my youth, were for Protestants in Sunday School and were frowned upon.

Maybe things were different in your neck of the woods.

but I doubt it

As far as I can see the Catholic Church has become a pox upon humanity.

Still the largest landowner in the world, they would rather shut down inner city churches that don't

contribute to the coffers than sell one hectare to pay off any of the victims

of abuse at the hands of the priests & nuns over the last few hundred years.

The abuse of Native Indian children in forced rehabilitation condoned or orchestrated

by the governments

of the US & Canada well might put a bigger dent in the Pope's Vatican Art Collection

than all of the pedophile priests combined.

And they will still be the largest landowner in the world, because that is where the priorities

of the sham corporation lie.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.7    3 years ago
You studied a Bible in Grade school?

Not what i said.   Unspin yourself, read it again and let me know if you still have that question

Congratulations.

Thanks

I'm not going to respond to the rest of that triggered off topic rant..   No point to it.

My original post stands on it's own .... as is.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.9  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.8    3 years ago

Vic's comment...

When you send kids to Catholic School you know they will be taught about the Bible.

I said BS based on my experience.

You said.

everyone i've ever talked to about it that went to a parochial school says the exact opposite.   As do i. 

So get over your own spin. You agreed with Vic.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of that triggered off topic rant..

The seeder made it on topic by his own comment.

Get over yourself already.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.9    3 years ago
I said BS based on my experience.

You said.

everyone i've ever talked to about it that went to a parochial school says the exact opposite.   As do i. 

Your attempts to spin my comments are just pathetic SP.   I'll add the cogent part of my comments that you so conveniently left out.

Everyone knew there was a religious component to parochial school around here.   Especially in grade school.   Less so in middle school and even less in HS but it was still there.   When i transferred to public school as a sophomore,  that's when i experience zero religion related to my educational endeavors. Any supposition that a Catholic parochial school WOULD NOT have a bible base educational component is ridiculous in my experience.

I'll repeat the really cogent part ot the conversation ...... "Bible based religious component" .... hopefully that one finally takes but i won't hold my breath ....

So get over your own spin. You agreed with Vic.

Get over yourself already.

As noted, your attempted spin, that i'm the one doing the spinning here, is a pathetic attempt to change the meaning of what i said.  

So perhaps you should stop projecting and get over yourself, yourself.

My comments, once again, stand as is.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.10    3 years ago

Yawn, keep stretching the semantics...

Bible based religious component is not the same as learning or teaching the bible.

There are 54 titles and 5 appendices of law in the United States Code

all loosely or explicitly based on the Ten Commandments.

That does not make the USA or the law religious or based on the bibles.

Please keep up the pathetic attempts to have the last word.

It's an amusing diversion.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.12    3 years ago

Lol ... doubtful you are as amused by this conversion as i am but i suppose anything is possible.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.12    3 years ago

When I attended RCIA (Roman Catholic Initiatives for Adults or something like that), we didn't use a Bible in the classes. My kids who went to Sunday school before Mass didn't use a bible and they were in middle school at the time.

The Catholics really don't like people to read the Bible for themselves, gives them ideas. That's what the Protestant Reformation was about. People should study some history from that perio.

p.s I taught the kindergarteners in Sunday School and I didn't use a Bible to prepare my classes.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.15  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.14    3 years ago

I asked Cobalt if she ever had Bible study in grade school in Los Angeles.

She said they had Catechism, First Communion & Confirmation classes where they memorized the same things all the time and never once saw or used a Bible.

Like I said, maybe Michigan is different /s

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.15    3 years ago

That's what my kids had except they got only as far as First Communion...then they became teenagers and getting up for 0800 Sunday School was not their cup of tea. Then I quit going.

I think most Catholic schools are pretty much the same the world over

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.15    3 years ago

Not just Michigan, standard fair in Illinois today in the first parochial curriculum i googled

You must have went to a double top secret secret Vatican "Three" parochial school because Bible Scripture study was standard fare while i was in parochial school.   Granted i was only in there for a few years until we were pulled out because a teacher told my brother he did have to go to Vietnam if he didn't want to go but that is an entirely different story.

[ Deleted ]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

I saw those mothers on Tucker Carlson Tonight the other evening and what happened is ridiculous.  Expelling kids because parents expressed concerns over the quality and content of their education.  That school and its board members personally should be sued into bankruptcy.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Split Personality  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    3 years ago

Private schools have their own boards and rules and do not answer to the district school boards.

Contract = rules for the parents and the students. Paying the tuition is acceptance of those rules.

It's just like joining the swim club or the country club, violate the rules, get the hell out.

Can't abide?  There are public schools and plenty of other private schools.

Maybe they can afford a tutor for the same price as the private school.

Then they can dictate what they want their kids to learn.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

[removed]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

CA have generally defended so-called "anti-racist" or equity-focused content'

Which means CA is actively racist. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    3 years ago

This is simple, you don't want your kids there anyways if this is the sort of BS they'll pull.  

Find another school that believes in teaching kids how to think, not telling them what to think.

Simple fix, the school did these parents a favor imo.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    3 years ago

White people? Private schools? Who cares? Meh...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4    3 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5  pat wilson    3 years ago

any parent who waged a public campaign of false and misleading statements and inflammatory attacks harmful to the employees, the reputation, or the financial stability of Columbus Academy would be in clear violation of the Enrollment Agreement

That's pretty straight forward.

And it's a private school. < Period

Tweet your heart out.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @5    3 years ago

We can do as the left does - with outside organizations.

Shut them down! Shut them down! Shut them down!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.1  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    3 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @5.1.1    3 years ago

I know. That's what they all say.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.3  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    3 years ago

Yet, nothing is shut down. The school prevailed.

Theses two old cows made unsupported claims which got their lousy kids denied readmission...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5.1.3    3 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @5.1.3    3 years ago

Their kids aren’t lousy.  [deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
6  devangelical    3 years ago

I'm sure they can get a white washed version of american history taught to their kids at the local thumper madrasa.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  devangelical @6    3 years ago
I'm sure they can get a white washed version of american history taught to their kids at the local thumper madrasa.

If it were a private Christian School and had two mothers kids kicked out for them waging a public campaign against the School for teaching the bible and how it condones slavery and dominates women with headship rules, you would have School representatives on Fox with exactly the opposite message. You know they would be saying how these liberal progressive mothers attacked their Christian private school and how it's an attack on all religion and religious freedom and that private schools should be allowed to teach what they want, it's a private curriculum.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The seeded story contains almost nothing about the particulars of the controversy between these two women and the school. 

Who wants to bet that there is another side to the story? 

any parent who waged a public campaign of false and misleading statements and inflammatory attacks harmful to the employees, the reputation, or the financial stability of Columbus Academy would be in clear violation of the Enrollment Agreement and would be denied re-enrollment for the following school year,"

That is a big ass hint as to what likely actually happened. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7    3 years ago

So you doubt CRT is being taught there?  

I'm wondering if that is a legitimate argument.

What if we find out beyond any doubt that CRT is being taught there. What would you say then?

To our readers:

There is always the same pattern:

First - Deny it's really happening.

Then - when it becomes obvious, defend CRT as simply extra history.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    3 years ago

"So you doubt CRT is being taught there?  

I'm wondering if that is a legitimate argument.

What if we find out beyond any doubt that CRT is being taught there. What would you say then?"

WE KNOW IT'S NOT BEING TAUGHT THERE.  

IT'S NOT BEING TAUGHT IN ANY SCHOOL FROM K-12

What if we find out beyond any doubt that CRT is being taught there. What would you say then?

YOU WON'T

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.1    3 years ago

How do you know all that?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    3 years ago

Vic, you dont even know what critical race theory is, so how the hell are you going to tell if anyone at a school is teaching it? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.1    3 years ago
What if we find out beyond any doubt that CRT is being taught there.

But conservatives have reframed CRT to include any conversation about slavery, the confederacy, white supremacy, segregation, Jim Crow laws, the Tulsa massacre, unarmed black Americans killed by police, BLM, inequity in the justice system, anything that could be seen as casting a negative light on white Americans is now "CRT".

So basically any school that doesn't glorify the South and the confederacy and call slaves "indentured labor" that plantation owners treated "like family" and claim the civil war wasn't really about slavery but was about States rights and that confederate generals are heroes and flying the confederate flag is patriotic is now going to be accused of teaching CRT. Conservatives don't want truth, they want a white washing of truth to make themselves more comfortable and feel like they did back in the 1950's when they were on top of the world, envied by everyone, the white Christian male with the "Leave it to Beaver" lifestyle, reality be damned.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @7.1.4    3 years ago

Thats about it. I read something a while back that surmised that many whites dont want to believe their ancestors could have done anything bad. 

There are probably some nice people, say like the folks that made that tv show about the twin little blonde girls being raised by their widowed father such a hit, and that want to believe that Washington could not tell a lie and that Robert E Lee was just a courtly southern gentleman, and Disney World is the happiest place on earth, who just don't want to believe anything bad happened to people of color in American history. 

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1.6  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.2    3 years ago

You would have to completely pervert the meaning of "Teaching CRT" for this private school to be actually teaching a university level elective course. In any case private schools are not limited by strict curriculum standards imposed on public schools. Frankly, I do not understand your fake outrage this time. 

Being born in the original sin of sanctioned generational black human bondage it is impossible to avoid race regarding our shared history. Hell! We fought The Civil War and are still dealing with the repercussions today...

Do you want American History whitewashed?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.3    3 years ago

John, We all know what it is. It's a form of racism.

We don't need to mystify it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.5    3 years ago
I read something a while back that surmised that many whites dont want to believe their ancestors could have done anything bad. 

What about your ancestors?????

What did they do???

You're a white man. Set the example. Condemn yourself right here and make amends!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.8    3 years ago

I'm not sure what my ancestors did. Most of them were off the boat from Ireland in the mid 19th and late 19th century. My dad side had a few West Virginia hillbillies if you go back far enough. In any case, I dont have qualms about admitting they were racist, if they were, which I dont know. 

In other words, I dont  feel the need to protect anything. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.7    3 years ago

Unlike you, I actually looked into this controversy.  It was all started last year by a right wing activist/ hustler named Christopher Rufo.  He was sent some material from someone in Seattle saying that companies out there were instructing their white employees in something that someone referred to as critical race theory. 

Rufo is the one that started the rumor that schools were teaching CRT.  He did it with the hopes it would catch on as a cause for the right and he could make some money off it as a leader of the new found "anti-CRT" movement. Tucker Carlson picked up on it along with the rest of right wing media and away we go. 

No teachers were teaching CRT in grammar or high school.  It is all mass hysteria. 

However, now, some teachers are saying wait a minute, we dont teach critical race theory but we do intend to tell kids the truth about the history of their country. 

Right wingers are for the most part really dishonest people. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.10    3 years ago

All you do is try and score debaters points on whether a rigid definition of CRT is being taught in schools, and completely avoid the actual substance of the argument.   It speaks volumes that you try and fight over a labeling issue rather than trying to defend the racist  movement that is causing the anger.  People don't want their kids to spend time in school ranking their "racial privilege" against one another.  You aren't really relevant if  your only response is "that's not CRT" and then ignore the racist behavior causing the issue. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.11    3 years ago

I am going to try and say this in as plain English as possible. 

The person who started the whole thing, Rufo,  acknowledged that he was expanding on the definition of critical race theory, but he had no qualms about that. He wanted to attack "wokeness" get on tv on Fox, and start a website where the "outraged" could send him money. Rufo did not care that what he was outraging about wasnt critical race theory, he would just say it was anyway. He knew his target audience didnt care about accuracy. 

Fox News and right wing media were more than happy to go along because they found out that the words "marxist" or "communist" could be attached to CRT in an unfair but not entirely made up way.  Plain old "wokeness" or political correctness doesnt have the marxist or communist connotation. 

This would be somewhat analagous to if someone said, teachers in Mississippi are teaching KuKlux Klan ideas to 11 year olds, and then the teachers said, no we're not, we're just telling them that the Civil War was about tarriffs not slavery.  There is a similarity in theme but the two are not the same thing. 

Why do you insist on calling something critical race theory when its not? If you want to complain that teachers are telling kids things you dont like about the history of racism in America, then go ahead. Maybe you'll win the argument in some places. 

This whole thing is starting to smell like dirty tricks by conservative political actors. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.12    3 years ago
am going to try and say this in as plain English as possible.

I am going to  make this as simple as possible. I get, as the now deleted NEA documents show, that progressive  special interests are funding personal attacks against those who criticize CRT so you are just following the shoot the messenger dictate. . It's also clear you, and every other progressive, want nothing to do with discussing what's actually being taught to kids in school. All you od is deflect and complain about semantics, or Rufo,  and ignore the actual substance of what Rufo and others like him have reported. 

I get it. It's impossible to defend the substance of what's been exposed  so you need to deflect to silly semantic games. Just don't think you are fooling anyone. 

his whole thing is starting to smell like dirty tricks by conservative political actors.

Sure. Conservatives are going into schools and "tricking" teachers into pushing this nonsense on kids so they can blame liberals for it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.13    3 years ago
Conservatives are going into schools and "tricking" teachers into pushing this nonsense on kids so they can blame liberals for it. 

Must be an advanced Progressive Liberal Logic class!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.15  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.1    3 years ago

The two largest national teachers unions disagree with you and are providing legal defense for members teaching it in red states where it’s been banned and expressed desires that it be fought in every single school district in all 50 states.  Quite the position. for something supposedly taught nowhere K-12!

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.16  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.15    3 years ago

teaching the facts of american history, warts and all. oh, the horror...

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     3 years ago

CA seems to be a very well-established school as it's been in existence since 1911. Impressive curriculum, great teacher-student ratio and many of their teachers have advanced degrees. The school is 36% minority which included, Black, Hispanic, PI and NA. 

Don't like the school the moms should take their kids out and STFU. The good thing is that the school made the decision for them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @8    3 years ago

Those two moms look very angry.  Why do they look so angry?  Maybe it's constipation.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    3 years ago

They're going for the Marjorie Taylor Greene look. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kavika @8    3 years ago
many of their teachers have advanced degrees

That's seen as a huge negative by many conservatives, they view that as "secular progressive indoctrination"! Funny how truth, higher education and reality that don't conform to their backwards religious conservative ideology are considered "evil" or "dangerous" to them. 

Hallux
Masters Principal
9  Hallux    3 years ago

Thanx to Fox & Fiends someone's cup of angst runneth over .. this will get tiresome and culture war version 5417.2 will rear its hair-on-fire head. It's really sad to watch.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1  devangelical  replied to  Hallux @9    3 years ago

idiot litmus test.