╌>

The case against Tracey Stone-Manning

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  47 comments

The case against Tracey Stone-Manning
Living in Montana, I first met Tracy Stone-Manning as she negotiated complex restoration and conservation projects as the director of the Clark Fork Coalition in Missoula. Most recently, I served with Tracy as a member of a stakeholder-driven council writing a climate plan for Montana. I know Tracy to be honest, straightforward, and respectful. She listens to all opinions and has the experience needed to tackle the complex issues that face the Bureau of Land Management. Tracy can bring...

So there is no confusion let me start off by clarifying - that is a woman pictured above. She is Joe Biden's choice to lead the Bureau of Land Management. Like most of his selections, she is a hard line radical leftist, but that is not all! There is the issue of Ms. Stone-Manning’s honesty concerning her past involvement with the eco-terrorist group Earth First . It seems that she was actively involved with such a group group in 1989 when there was an incident of tree spiking, a federal crime "in which activists halt logging by loading trees with spikes that hurt loggers and mill workers." Of course she was asked about it by the  Senate Energy and Natural Resources committee. Stone-Manning told Senators that she knew nothing of the plot and did not recall “ever discussing tree spiking” with the perpetrators. The reason she didn't immediately turn them in to authorities was that she “did not actually know if they had done what the letter described.”

There is one little problem. It looks like she may be lying to the Senate Committee: 

"
Michael Merkley, a retired special agent for the Forest Service, in a four-page letter to the committee says Ms. Stone-Manning was “not an innocent bystander.” After an investigation led his team to search the Missoula residence where Ms. Stone-Manning and other Earth First! members had lived, he says, a grand jury served subpoenas “on persons suspected of having knowledge of the incident, including Ms. Tracy Stone-Manning.”

Mr. Merkley reports that Ms. Stone-Manning through his investigation was “vulgar, antagonistic, and extremely anti-government” and refused to provide the hair, handwriting and fingerprint samples ordered by the grand jury until threatened with arrest. She refused to answer questions, leaving investigators in the dark for years about the suspects.

Mr. Merkley says that in 1992 he made contact with another woman in the group, who exposed the spikers and Ms. Stone-Manning’s involvement. But this woman also “recounted a conversation she had overheard wherein Ms. Stone-Manning along with other co-conspirators planned the tree spiking and discussed whether to use metal or ceramic spikes in the trees.” This testimony, he says, inspired the grand jury to send Ms. Stone-Manning “a ‘target letter’ which meant she was going to be indicted on criminal charges.” She negotiated a deal “to gain immunity in exchange for her testimony.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-stone-manning-files-11626474559

How serious is this type of activity?

Why are they called Eco-terrorists?

"A 12-foot section of the huge sawblade had broken off and hit sawmill worker George Alexander in the throat and face, ripping through his face mask and cutting into his jugular vein. His jaw was broken in five places and a dozen teeth were knocked out. The blade was wrapped around him, and his co-workers had to blowtorch it off while they tried to keep him from bleeding to death." 

via The Secret History of Tree Spiking - Part 1

"Republicans have also questioned her relationship with a Montana developer involving a $60,000 loan she took from him while working as a staffer for then-Sen. Jon TesterD-Mont., two years after she publicly supported a subdivision the developer was seeking approval for,  according to Forbes .

"The White House showed no sign of backing down as it reiterated support for Stone-Manning in a  statement issued Friday."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bureau-of-land-management-nominee-stone-manning-gets-party-line-vote-amid-strong-gop-opposition/ar-AAMrQDv?ocid=uxbndlbing

You can't believe it's happening?

It may be time for some to look within themselves if they cast a vote for Biden last November.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

As you may have guessed by now, the vote is divided along party lines.

There is no doubt what democrats stand for.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
she is a hard line radical leftist

pffft, anyone even slightly to the left of a hard line radical trumpster is considered a leftist these days.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago

Only to radical leftists and the TDS ridden .....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.1    3 years ago

As Chief James Craig used to say "This type of behavior won't be tolerated."

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    3 years ago

For 4 years the gop was like, "The President can hire whoever he wants. Elections have consequences".

Now the gop is all like, "WHAAA WHAAA WHAAA!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @2    3 years ago

You can never simply appoint people to important posts. You'll need all hands on deck to get this liar approved.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @2    3 years ago

Got an example of one of those "whoever he wants" that had to pass muster in Congress but bypassed it? 

Yeah didn't think so........................

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2    3 years ago

She not the worst one he nominated.  

She's Mother Theresa compared to the likes of Neera Tanden

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.1    3 years ago

Or Kristen Clarke.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.2    3 years ago

Yeah, I don't know her as well.  

Tanden is one of the reasons i stopped watching Meet the Press .... well Chuck Todd too ..... ;-)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

"Republicans have also questioned her relationship with a Montana developer involving a $60,000 loan she took from him while working as a staffer for then-Sen. Jon TesterD-Mont., two years after she publicly supported a subdivision the developer was seeking approval for, 

no wonder Biden’s standing by her.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    3 years ago

And don't forget Jon Tester is also a big supporter!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Yeah, no conflict of interest there ..... lol

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.1    3 years ago

It's called a mutual interest! So that's three strikes for Stone-Manning: She participated in terrorist acts, she lied about it and her corrupt acts.

th?id=OIP.popwbBlxjgGmZcIYtHmMUwHaFA&w=169&h=110&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

The head of the BLM under the prior administration...

An order by the chief judge of the Montana federal court on Friday not only ousted William Perry Pendley as the top official at the Bureau of Land Management

And his boss the Secretary of the Interior, Zinke left the office in disgrace. 

Yeah, let's whine about Stone-Manning..LMAO

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

Lol .... comparing a man with a decorated, 20+ year military career with a person who supported eco terrorists.

Yeah, sounds about right considering.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @4.1    3 years ago

20 years of service and then disgraced himself and resigned amid numerous investigations..

Yup, sure did compare them. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @4.1.1    3 years ago

Yeah, i understand ..... classic liberal rationalization for partisan effect.   I understand that mentality well.  

I've been dealing with that union management mentality for nearly 40 years so i'm more or less an expert in it.

That said if what he did was so heinous they should go after and prosecute him.   Until then, in the regular world, he's innocent until proven guilty.   All Americans are supposed to be afforded that right but especially Vets that retired out of the service honorably.

So yeah, you support an eco terrorist and i support a decorated Vet.   I can live with that all day, every day.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @4.1.2    3 years ago
Yeah, i understand ..... classic liberal rationalization for partisan effect.   I understand that mentality well.  

It doesn't seem that you do understand, just more projection on your part. 

I've been dealing with that union management mentality for nearly 40 years so i'm more or less an expert in it.

So you say, self-proclaimed experts are just that, self-proclaimed.

That said if what he did was so heinous they should go after and prosecute him.   Until then, in the regular world, he's innocent until proven guilty.   All Americans are supposed to be afforded that right but especially Vets that retired out of the service honorably.

The fact is that he resigned in disgrace. Make of it what you will.

So yeah, you support an eco terrorist and i support a Vet.   I can live with that all day, every day.

Until she is convicted of being an eco terrorist she is innocent as you stated above. Yup, I can live with supporting her over Zinke. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @4.1.3    3 years ago
It doesn't seem that you do understand, just more projection on your part.

Lol ... hardly

So you say, self-proclaimed experts are just that, self-proclaimed.

[deleted]

I loved watching BM's and BA's shooting themselves in the foot with mentalities like that.   It was hilarious but very sad for the membership they were hurting.

The fact is that he resigned in disgrace. Make of it what you will.

Blah, blah, blah .... my comment stands on it's own merit

Until she is convicted of being an eco terrorist she is innocent as you stated above. Yup, I can live with supporting her over Zinke. 

[deleted]

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @4.1.4    3 years ago

A great comment with nothing but whining and no facts. [deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @4.1.5    3 years ago

Yep, always nice to get feedback which establishes how spot on my comments are so thx for that pal!

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @4.1.6    3 years ago

Another factless comment.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @4.1.7    3 years ago
Being factless is your forte.

Nah, the facts are the facts.  

It's just opinions that get in the way [deleted]

Nothing new here .... SOSDD considering ....

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

The BLM has not had a Senate approved Director since 01/20/2017.

The previous Administration had more "Acting" Department heads (22) and Cabinet members (28) in 3 years than most 8 year Administrations.

In order to circumvent the Senate and the Federal Vacancies Reform Act, Trump "delegated" authority to loyal subordinates.

But in the federal government, titles are serious business and they do signal who's in charge. The judge found that the Trump administration violated the vacancies act by creating a job for Cuccinelli that was "second in command in name only."

Cuccinelli still holds a top job in the administration. His Twitter account identifies him as the "acting deputy secretary" at the Department of Homeland Security. But technically, his new job title is much longer than that: senior official performing the duties of the deputy secretary .

Every POTUS sets or breaks precedent.

Biden would bear no shame in naming TSM the "Acting Director" or "the senior official performing the duties of the Director of BLM",

It's now precedent.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Split Personality @4.2    3 years ago

Oh wait, even though you just stated that a judge found that Trump violated the law. So then Biden gets to violate it as well? Sounds like another load of horseshit from the left.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2.1    3 years ago

There are time limits for how long an appointment can be in an "Acting" capacity, I believe it is 300 days ( or 7 months ) by statute.

There are also time limits within the Federal Vacancies Act in order to keep Presidents from keeping the Senate from approving their lawful right to approve said appointments, I believe its 260 days ( or 6 months).

The Judge clearly found the Trump Administration was willfully violating the law and circumventing the Senate.

I have a feeling that most of Biden's appointments will go through the Senate as designed. 

Sounds like another load of horseshit from the left.

You should know, you have certainly thrown your share of road apples.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    3 years ago

I might like her for the position if she could pull the corn cobb out of her arse long enough to actually be human but she clearly can't.   One look at her and i see a hateful radical who couldn't discharge the duties she is being considered for in an unbiased manner if her life depended on it.

No way, no how .....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @5    3 years ago

I kind of got an inkling of that too!

evilone
Professor Guide
6  evilone    3 years ago
You can't believe it's happening?

hmmmm... The Trump admin tried to dismantled BLM by moving the 200 DC BLM workers (only 60 people moved the rest quit or retired) to CO under William Perry Pendley who was appointed to the post illegally. A man that made his career suing the very same agency. Talk about a fundamental conflict of interest.

Let's see who is this Tracy Stone-Manning - according to WIKI:

Career

From 1999 to 2006, Stone Manning was the director of the Clark Fork Coalition, an environmental protection organization based in Missoula, Montana. She then joined the U.S. Senate office of Jon Tester, serving as his regional director from 2007 to 2012 and acting state staff director and senior advisor in 2012.

From January 2013 to November 2014, Stone-Manning served as the director of the Montana Department of Environmental Quality. From November 2014 to December 2017, she was the chief of staff for Montana Governor Steve Bullock. Since 2017, Stone-Manning has worked for the National Wildlife Federation, first as associate vice president for public lands and then as a senior advisor for conservation policy.

She was criticized by Wyoming senator John Barasso over a letter she wrote in 1989 warning against logging in "Idaho’s Clearwater National Forest" due to tree spiking. In a 1993 federal court testimony, Stone-Manning admitted that she had retyped, edited and mailed an anonymous warning letter on behalf of an activist who participated in the tree spiking. Tree spiking attempts to murder loggers. She also perjured herself when she lied to congress. She later received prosecutorial immunity in order to testify against the activist. The activist was found guilty and sentenced to 17 months in prison.

So yes, she is a controversial pick, being an environmental protection advocate, but she is qualified. There might be reasons to log, mine or drill some of this land, but it must be done thoughtfully and carefully. I'd hope there would be some moderation, but between a pro big business insider and a pro environmentalist? I'll pick the environmentalist every time.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @6    3 years ago

Not sure what your point is.   Moving from the DC swamp to Colorado?   Trump did them a favor IMO.

That said, a Director of such a department should represent all the peoples best interest to the best of their ability.    Not just a small subset of fundamentalists.   It's very doubtful she could be thoughtful and unbiased in that regard running the BLM.   Not with her background,   No way.

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.1  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    3 years ago
Trump did them a favor IMO.

Your opinion is noted and rejected.

That said, a Director of such a department should represent all the peoples best interest to the best of their ability.    Not just a small subset of fundamentalists. 

Did you oppose the Pendley pick then? 

It's very doubtful she could be thoughtful and unbiased in that regard running the BLM.

I didn't say she would be. I said I'd hoped we'd have a more moderate pick.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @6.1.1    3 years ago
Your opinion is noted and rejected.

That would matter if it mattered .... which it doesn't

Did you oppose the Pendley pick then

He was never up for confirmation.

I didn't say she would be. I said I'd hoped we'd have a more moderate pick.

Well you can have hope in one hand and road apples in the other .... see which overflows first ....

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.3  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.2    3 years ago
That would matter if it mattered .... which it doesn't

The same as yours.

He was never up for confirmation.

He served for 14 months without confirmation until a judge made him step down. Your attempt as dissembling isn't working.

Well you can have hope in one hand and road apples in the other .... see which overflows first ....

Road apples sounds like what Trumpublicans will have to deal with for now.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @6.1.3    3 years ago
He served for 14 months without confirmation until a judge made him step down. Your attempt as dissembling isn't working.

You can't disassemble something that wasn't assembled in the first place [deleted]

[deleted]

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.5  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.4    3 years ago
you can't disassemble something that wasn't assembled

ummmm.... 

dis·sem·ble
/dəˈsembəl/
verb
gerund or present participledissembling
  1. conceal one's true motives, feelings, or beliefs.
    "an honest, sincere person with no need to dissemble"

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @6.1.5    3 years ago

Lol .... so what am i attempting to conceal?

Sorry, that definition of the word is DOA as well ....

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.7  evilone  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.6    3 years ago

Considering I'm not supporting this pick for BLM why the hell are you still arguing anyway? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  evilone @6.1.7    3 years ago

If you don't want responses, don't post.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @6    3 years ago

I'm sure she has a lot of allies composing seeds on Wiki. Btw one of the founders of Wiki appologiged to the public last night on Tucker Carlson:

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-wikipedia-co-founder-tells-tucker-carlson-he-regrets-creating-the-website#:~:text=WATCH%3A%20Wikipedia%20co-founder%20tells%20Tucker%20Carlson%20he%20regrets,by%20what%20I%20got%20started%2020%20years%20ago.%22

evilone
Professor Guide
6.2.1  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2    3 years ago
Btw one of the founders of Wiki appologiged to the public last night on Tucker Carlson:

Carlson's show is for entertainment purposes only. That's in public court records now. I don't take advice from Tucker Carlson or SpongeBob SquarePants. 

I'm sure she has a lot of allies composing seeds on Wiki.

Okay...? I can as easily say that her opposition is composing seeds on Wiki. Neither one is true without verification.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @6.2.1    3 years ago
I can as easily say that her opposition is composing seeds on Wiki.

Not according to the Wikipedia co-founder. I guess Tucker Carlson is much more than entertinment. You might have learned something.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.2    3 years ago

No, what'shisname isn't even entertaining.  

Learned what?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.3    3 years ago
Learned what?

That the co-founder of Wikipedia regrets he ever started the site.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7  pat wilson    3 years ago

So there is no confusion let me start off by clarifying - that is a woman pictured above.

What an odd comment. The woman in the picture is clearly a woman.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1  cjcold  replied to  pat wilson @7    3 years ago

That's where I stopped reading.

Thomas
Senior Guide
7.2  Thomas  replied to  pat wilson @7    3 years ago

Well, every body and every thing has to pass the Vic test before it can be declared so. s/