╌>

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese ice cream debuts and quickly sells out

Category:  Wine & Food

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  3 years ago  •  21 comments

By:   Alaa Elassar

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A woman enjoys the new macaroni and cheese flavour near Union Square in New York City on July 14. (aAexi Rosenfeld/Getty Images)

Nothing gets cheddar than this...

The Kraft Heinz Company has partnered with Brooklyn-based Van Leeuwen Ice Cream to introduce a limited-edition macaroni and cheese flavour of ice cream.

"We know that there is nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day than ice cream. That is why we wanted to combine two of the most iconic comfort foods to create an ice cream with the unforgettable flavor of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese we all grew up with," Emily Violett, senior associate brand manager for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese,  said in a news release .

To create the cheesy dessert, Van Leeuwen churned the flavour of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese into its ice cream. "Not only does it taste delicious, but it's also made with high quality ingredients and contains no artificial flavours, preservatives, or dyes just like our Kraft Macaroni & Cheese," said Violett.

On  Instagram , Van Leeuwen called it "the ice cream you never knew you needed."

Van Leeuwen began selling the new flavour on July 14, which is National Macaroni & Cheese Day. It was made available nationwide online and in their scoop shops in New York, California, New Jersey and Texas.

Of course, it  quickly sold out . But new supplies are on the way, the ice cream company said.

"Who would've thought #NationalMAcAndCheeseDay would break the internet," Van Leeuwen said on Instagram. "We're so flattered by the overwhelming response to this cheesy partnership with our friends Kraft Macaroni & Cheese."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Sounds like a great combo.  What would you suggest as a new unique flavour for ice cream - they can be from the sublime (Port wine) to the ridiculous (dill pickle)?  I was thinking Dijon mustard.  Let's hear it for the ice cream fans.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    3 years ago
Sounds like a great combo.

Well.  There's no accounting for taste, I guess ;)

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Not everything that tastes awesome by itself also tastes good in ice cream.  I once had bacon ice cream, thinking its’s bacon so how can it be bad?  The bacon was soggy, chewy, and (obviously) cold.  No bueno.  I’m going to bet this belongs in the same category.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2    3 years ago

They shouldn't put the product into the ice cream, like bacon bits, they should only use the flavour.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3  Hallux    3 years ago

Spam Ice Cream?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hallux @3    3 years ago

Your linked article mentions pickle ice cream - so strike that from my suggestions above.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    3 years ago

Sounds like the ruination of ice cream.

None the less.  Didn't Rev. Pat Robertson wonder if Mac and Cheese was a 'black thing?' 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

Only one thing comes to me and reading this.🤮

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     3 years ago

Next up, spinach ice cream or Castor Oil ice cream. 

I'm sick now I'll be back later.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @6    3 years ago

Maybe a little Castor Oil ice cream might help.

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    3 years ago

Would be a hard pass.

Not enough weed in the world.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @7    3 years ago

Hey, you might have come up with a winner there - I can see the ads now:  "It's cool to get high with Ben & Jerry's new ganja flavoured ice creram.", "Stay cool and fly high with...."

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    3 years ago
I can see the ads now:  "It's cool to get high with Ben & Jerry's new ganja flavoured ice creram.

Ask and ye shall receive (well, sort of):

Van Leeuwen's New CBD Oil-Infused Ice Cream Is Awesome

Although CBD comes from the Marijuana plant, it won't get you high. The chemical that gets you high is THC....CBD has some medical benefits * but without the high.

Van Leewen ice cream is supposedly quite healthy...and vegan. Known for their innovative flavours & uniquely delicious flavours.

I tried some a while ago. It was delicious, but too sweet for my taste. 

(Actually I first noticed it because of the van Leeuwen name. I am a follower of the founder's sister, who is a brilliant stock market commentator and broker).

*Note: My NT avatar is not about getting high-- rather its a reference to the medical uses of the plant via CBD. (Note: the person with the Marijuana leaf between his hands is wearing a lab or doctors coat...)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @7.1.1    3 years ago

It all comes down to supply and demand.

charger 383
Professor Silent
8  charger 383    3 years ago

Mac and Cheese is good when hot or warm and nasty and like rubber when cold.  I don't want any.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9  Krishna    3 years ago

Many years ago I was traveling in the Yucatan. A woman had an ice cream stand. I looked over the tubs of ice cream and pointed to a yellow one asking what flavour it was (my Spanish was not that great). She kept repeating something that sounded like "My ease. my ease". I had no idea what it was but tried it.

The taste was strangely familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. 

It turned out to be Corn flavour! (She was actually saying "Maiz" which is the Spanish word for corn (pronounced Ma-iz).

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @9    3 years ago

It turned out to be   Corn  flavour! 

Which probably shouldn't have been a surprise. Most of the people in the area were direct descendants of the Mayan Indians . Corn is of major importance to their culture.

JBB
Professor Principal
9.2  JBB  replied to  Krishna @9    3 years ago

I have had corn icecream. It was really quite good.

zuksam
Junior Silent
10  zuksam    3 years ago

The only cheese I want in my ice cream is cheesecake.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
10.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  zuksam @10    3 years ago

Yes, please.  With strawberries.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

I do remember reading that in the 18th and early 19th centuries, Parmesan cheese ice cream was pretty popular.  I'd give that a try, but I'd keep my expectations low.