╌>

People stunned as man hospitalised with Covid tells TV crew he still won’t get vaccine

Category:  News & Politics

By:  krishna  •  3 years ago  •  37 comments

People stunned as man hospitalised with Covid tells TV crew he still won’t get vaccine
"Before you got sick, if you would've had a chance to get the vaccine and prevent this, would you have taken the vaccine?" Begnad asked

Scott Roe still refuses vaccine (Indy 100)

An unvaccinated Louisiana man who was hospitalised after contracting the Covid-19 virus and developed a severe case of pneumonia said that he still will not get the vaccine.

Scott Roe was interviewed  as he sat in his hospital bed at our Lady of the Lake Medical Center in Baton Rouge. When it comes to getting the vaccination, he matter-of-factly said "no."

"Why not?" Asked Begnaud.

"Because there [are] too many issues with these vaccines," Roe responded.

"Before you got sick, if you would've had a chance to get the vaccine and prevent this, would you have taken the vaccine," Begnad asked again as Roe reiterates his previous response of "no." "So you would've gone through this?" Begnaud asked.

"I'd have gone through this. Yes, sir. Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, federal administration is trying to do," Roe replied. “Their agenda is to get you vaccinated," Roe continued. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  author  Krishna    3 years ago

An unvaccinated Louisiana man who was hospitalised after contracting the Covid-19 virus and developed a severe case of pneumonia said that he still will not get the vaccine.

"Why not?" Asked Begnaud.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1  Gordy327  replied to  Krishna @1    3 years ago

There are a lot of issues with getting Covid too, like dying for 1 thing.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Krishna @1    3 years ago

It's like someone else on NT recently stated, "there is no vaccine for stupid".  Though this article actually fits his quote better than the one he used it in.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  author  Krishna    3 years ago

"I'd have gone through this. Yes, sir. Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, federal administration is trying to do," Roe replied. “Their agenda is to get you vaccinated," Roe continued. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

Chalk up one for the moron.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

the odds are good that this won't be the last time he's in the news. oh well, too bad...

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  author  Krishna    3 years ago

Yes you heard that right.

After being hospitalized, getting Pneumonia, and finally recovering, he stated that  he'd rather go through that again rather than get the vaccine! 

Why?

Because getting the vaccine would be "giving into someone's "agenda"! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

(WTF is wrong with these people?) 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @4    3 years ago

I hope he enjoys the possible long term health problems he may develop.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1    3 years ago

The last case like this that I read about, the guy died.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.2  devangelical  replied to  cjcold @4.1.1    3 years ago

zero loss to america...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Guess he can put his name on the long list of Americans applying for the Darwin Award.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    3 years ago

original

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    3 years ago

I have some of these Trumpian yahoos among my old friends on Facebook who are probably going to die from Covid because they refuse to take any of it seriously because... Trump. Nevermind Trump got Covid-19 and he also got the vaccine. Go Figure...

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  author  Krishna  replied to  JBB @6    3 years ago
Nevermind Trump got Covid-19 and he also got the vaccine

I remember reading that even though he downplayed the threat of Covid, he himself got vaccinated.

(But I don't remember if he decided to get the vaccine before or after coming down with the disease).

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JBB  replied to  Krishna @6.1    3 years ago

Trump got the vaccine after getting Covid-19...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @6.1.1    3 years ago

It is too bad that he didn't take his own advice and inject bleach.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JBB @6    3 years ago

Ask each one of them "What kind of flowers would you like at your funereal?"

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    3 years ago
“Their agenda is to get you vaccinated,"

Yeah! That’s exactly right. And if you’re too STUPID to figure it out on your own, that’s a GOOD thing!

squiggy
Junior Silent
8  squiggy    3 years ago

"Don't shove it down my throat"

You won't be awake.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

It normally enrages me to see the outrageous medical billing for health issues in America.  In this case I hope they bankrupt this guy to go along with his bankrupt mentality.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9    3 years ago

I hope his insurance, if he has any, is cancelled and he is stuck with the cost.  I was once hospitalized for four days due to avian pneumonia to the tune of ten grand.  I have good coverage and nothing came out of pocket.  The cost this schmuck is compiling has to be enormous.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1    3 years ago

this guy's doctor and that hospital needs to tell him to get the vaccine or find a new doctor and hospital. now that he's gone public, I hope his insurance rates triple...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @9.1.1    3 years ago

It is time to play hardball with these antivaxers.  Hit them where it hurts...their pocketbooks.  If he is employed he needs to be terminated due to his lack of concern for his coworkers.  Just like Moses did, they need to be vanquished to a desert until that last of them have died off.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1.2    3 years ago

That’s a little harsh.  Those who have had covid with negligible sickness do have some natural immunity, so if they choose not to get vaccinated then I put them in a different category than the traditional antivax community.  My daughter is in that group.  I’ve pleaded with her to just get the shot for good measure but she’s clinging to her feelings that natural immunity is safer than a rushed vaccine.  And who knows how many of the unvaccinated have already had asymptomatic covid and didn’t even know it, so their risk is also less.

That said, if you would have told me at the height of this pandemic that when a vaccine is developed it will be 95% effective and free, but half the country will be too ignorant to take it, it would have said you are crazy.  This is a pathetic reality.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.4  author  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9.1.3    3 years ago
Those who have had covid with negligible sickness do have some natural immunity, so if they choose not to get vaccinated then I put them in a different category than the traditional antivax community.

But how do they know if they have immunity-- untii they get the Virus?

(And by then it too late to decide whether to get it or not!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1.5  author  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9.1.3    3 years ago
it would have said you are crazy.

Or...a Trump supporter!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9.1.6  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Krishna @9.1.4    3 years ago

Both of my adult kids have tested positive over the past few months, but they didn’t get any more sick than a cold.  Only one of them isn’t wanting the vaccine.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9.1.3    3 years ago

I should have stated my position better and for that I do apologize.  I am referring to people like this guy who would purposely put others in danger.  Some do indeed have a justification for not getting vaccinated.  If my husband who had MS were still alive, he might not been able to get vaccinated due to health issues.  My anger is directed against idiots like the subject of the seed.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.8  Split Personality  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9.1.6    3 years ago

I don't ask my kids controversial questions. 

I just insist that they have enough life insurance for a decent funeral, even if I have to carry the Gerber policies forever.

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Ender  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.8    3 years ago

Burn baby Burn

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9.1.11  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @9.1.4    3 years ago

Contracted COVID-19 in April of 2020.

Went through all the signs and symptoms for a month then it went away.

A few weeks later all of the signs and symptoms came back with a vengeance and have been with me ever since. Seems I'm a long hauler and may never be symptom free.

Had the two doses of the Pfizer vaccine  but haven't noticed a difference.

Different signs and symptoms keep rotating through on a daily basis.

I'll be first in line when it comes to a cure for long COVID. Getting sick of this.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.12  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @9.1.8    3 years ago

... just can't let go of those last few handfuls, can you?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10  MrFrost    3 years ago

The microchips and DNA that is altered turning people into lizard people. Yea, he should get the vaccine, seems to me that turning him into a lizard is an intellectual upgrade. 

I am way past the point of feeling sorry for people that don't get vaccinated and get covid. It's free and widely available. No excuse to not get it at this point, (with the exception of people who are medically excluded of course). 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
11  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Here's a guy that did the same thing.   He died last Wednesday.  I'm half-past don't give a shit with these blithering idiots.

“I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," he said in a tweet last month.

On July 8, he posted: “Biden’s door to door vaccine ‘surveyors’ really should be called JaCovid Witnesses. #keepmovingdork.”

Whatever, buddy.  Sweet dreams.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
11.1  Gordy327  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @11    3 years ago
He died last Wednesday.  I'm half-past don't give a shit with these blithering idiots.

Nothing is going to kill someone quite like stupidity does.

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.2  Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @11    3 years ago

He's the same one that said his faith will save him. 

I spoke to God and he said he sent you a miracle called a vaccine and you didn't take it, so God quoted this, ''God helps those that help themselves''...

Ender
Professor Principal
12  Ender    3 years ago
@SundaeRedux
I have a joke about vaccines but half of you won't get it.