╌>

NYC Hostess Attacked After Asking Texas Group for Vaccine Proof - NBC New York

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  13 comments

By:   NBC New York

NYC Hostess Attacked After Asking Texas Group for Vaccine Proof - NBC New York
A hostess at a well-known New York City restaurant was attacked just for asking to see a group's proof of COVID vaccination, a requirement to dine inside in the...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A hostess at a well-known New York City restaurant was attacked just for asking to see a group's proof of COVID vaccination, a requirement to dine inside in the city.

Exclusive cellphone video obtained by NBC New York shows the Thursday evening attack outside Carmine's Restaurant on the Upper West Side. Around 5 p.m., tempers flared and the hostess stand is nearly tipped over in the mayhem, with a waiter at one point helping carry someone away from the scene.

The 22-year-old hostess asked the group of Texans to show proof of getting the COVID vaccine in order to dine in the restaurant, part of NYC's executive order that went into effect this week. Law enforcement sources said that the hostess was then repeatedly punched in the face and body, and sent to the hospital.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Carmine's said in part that "it's a shocking and tragic situation when one of our valued employees is assaulted for doing their job — as required by city policies — and trying to make a living."

The Hospitality Alliance is calling on the city and the state to increase penalties for assaulting restaurant workers who are trying to enforce the new COVID rules.

Police said three people are now facing charges.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The Rude Pundit had a fun response

The Rude Pundit
@rudepundit
·
11m
Hey, Texas, we don't come down there and slap the NRA's dick out of your mouth. Don't come up here and fuck with our workers trying to keep people safe.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
Hey, Texas, we don't come down there and slap the NRA's dick out of your mouth. Don't come up here and fuck with our workers trying to keep people safe.

If that wasn't so funny, it would be offensive.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Dayum!  It's official:  From this point on, I'm from Cleveland.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

It had to be ANTIFA or BLM. /s

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I assume the Texans were hungry but not vaccinated. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    3 years ago

From the video the combatants were all women? 

Notice the white bald guy with an apron made a bee line past the ensuing melee and straight back to where ever was safest. Wrong color and wrong sex. Sure way to get into trouble. I am sure he warned someone to call the police; and then went on break. 

Kudoos to the larger men that decided to take their lives into their own hands breaking up the fight.   

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
6  Duck Hawk    3 years ago

A lot of Texans seem to be losing their minds of late. Something in the water down there? Maybe petrol by-products?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Duck Hawk @6    3 years ago
Maybe petrol by-products?

That and aircraft cleaning solution

Gordy327
Professor Guide
6.2  Gordy327  replied to  Duck Hawk @6    3 years ago

It's not just Texans. Anyone who refuses the vaccine or becomes totally irrational about vaccinations have lost their minds. This incident is just 1 example of that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @6.2    3 years ago

Makes that hundreds of thousands here in the US

241758913_10223506127094586_2148969673822103872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=jttiu_k2sM8AX8aIKbG&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=437f51020d658b34b3dc2b8c4016a0bf&oe=6169EB8C

Gordy327
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.1    3 years ago

Indeed.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    3 years ago

Respect my choice! But I’ll beat the shit out of you if I don’t like your choice.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    3 years ago

I wonder if they also punch wait staff who card them for drinks.