╌>

What's Your Favourite Newstalkers Group, and WHY?

Category:  Other

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  3 years ago  •  19 comments

Although I administer 5 groups, one has been inactive for a year and should probably be deleted, one is fairly esoteric so few have interest in it, but three are more active.  However, none of them is my favourite group, which is Creative Arts.  Why?  First of all, there are no political or religious comments, which is a relief.  Secondly, it gives me the opportunity to post for the pleasure of others what I have photographed over the years, especially photos of what I've seen and experienced in China.  Thirdly, It gives me the opportunity to see and experience what others have seen and experienced, and to enjoy the creativity of others.  And finally, the members (who are from all sides but ignore the leanings of others and do not push their own beliefs) all encourage each other with complimentary comments and advice.  Often members joke and banter with each other, and the group is fun. 

And so, what is YOUR favourite group, and WHY?  For those whose interest remains only on the Home (Front) Page, have you any other interests that a specific group could benefit from?

DEROGATORY AND MEAN-SPIRITED COMMENTS ARE OFF TOPIC.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Let's hear it, newstalkers.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

lol. I thought you meant musical group. 

I'd have to say the movie group, because it is the only group other than HD and Meta that I ever deliberately look at. 

Oh, forgot, TG's group Herding Cats too. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

LOL.  Just fixed the misleading problem.  But you don't say WHY you prefer the groups you do. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    3 years ago

dont really have a reason

they are the only ones i look at

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 years ago

Then obviously their content is of special interest to you.  You are "into" movies, and I guess into inablility to maintain control. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    3 years ago

Heated Debate and Metastasis...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @3    3 years ago

Do you mean the Heated Discussions and Metafied groups or are you just speaking generally, in which case your choices are not specific and could mean many different groups.  If you mean Heated Discussions and Metafied groups then you have answered why.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5  Raven Wing    3 years ago

1. Anishinaabe - The First People

2. Creative Arts Group - 3 Day Weekend

3. Herding Cats

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @5    3 years ago

OK.....my answers as to 'Why'....

1. Anishinaabe - The First People

I like it because I can find out about many very interesting and important subjects regarding Native Americans, of which I am one. It is also a group where I can share my own thoughts and opinions on the information shred there by others, and non-Indigenous members as well. I also share my Native American artwork there as well for those who do not participate in the Creative Arts Group.

2. Creative Arts Group -

I really enjoy participating in the Creative Arts group to enjoy the artwork, photos, poetry and just great conversations and camaraderie with other members who enjoy the same. I also learn a great deal about different types of artwork, as well as the constructive feedback from others on my own artwork. It is very congenial and fun to see what we have to share each weekend. It's almost like a weekly local art show. Very enjoyable.

3. Herding Cats -

It is a private group where like minded members can discuss topics/subjects of interest to us without having to deal with those who only come to NT to Troll, insult, denigrate and attack others, as well as engage in hate fests and do all they can to derail and prevent any chance for constructive debate and/or civil conversation, something that is their only intention for coming to NT.

I hope that answers why I like my favorite groups. Sorry I left that part out. (smile)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @5.1    3 years ago

Perfect.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6  author  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

It's like pulling teeth to get people to explain WHY they make a certain choice.  I give up.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
7  mocowgirl    3 years ago

I am not a groupie.  I sometimes comment on whatever is catching my interest at the time.  Most often, I just scan the front page and rarely login.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  mocowgirl @7    3 years ago

Okay.  I'm sorry you used the word "groupie" which back in my day had a negative connotation. It was a name for young music fans who hung out with a rock and roll band.  But I know how rarely we get to see you and I was happy to see you contribute to the Creative Arts group.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    3 years ago
I was happy to see you contribute to the Creative Arts group.

I like reading Creative Arts group from time to time.  It is an interesting group and a nice group to hang with.

I might have posted a photo sooner, but  I had to take the time to learn how to upload a photo from my computer.  So I went to the Help section and learned from the tutorials available.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.2  Raven Wing  replied to  mocowgirl @7    3 years ago
I sometimes comment on whatever is catching my interest at the time.

I'm very glad that you chose to visit the Creative Arts group today, and I hope we will be able to see you here more often. Your beautiful sky photos are truly great to see. No matter what they are, they will always be welcome here. (smile) jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
7.2.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Raven Wing @7.2    3 years ago
I hope we will be able to see you here more often.

Me, too.  It has been an extremely long year and a half.  I am in the mood to have more fun and way less stress.