╌>

Crisis, Corruption and Rittenhouse / the week that was

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  58 comments

Crisis, Corruption and Rittenhouse / the week that was
"I woke to the news that apartments and homes of Project Veritas journalists, or former journalists, had been raided by FBI agents," O'Keefe began. "It appears the Southern District of New York now has journalists in their sights for the supposed crime of doing their jobs lawfully and honestly, or at least this journalist."

Last week was another week of crisis & chaos for the American people. It was the week that The Rittenhouse trial went to the jury and illegal immigration & overdose deaths reached new highs. A third of American healthcare workers rejected the vaccine mandate, which was also challenged by the Fifth District Court. The Army began forcing out soldiers who refused the vaccine. Florida Republicans would overtake democrats as registered voters and Rupert Murdock told Donald Trump to leave the past behind.

For Joe Biden it was the week that his poll numbers would sink to a new low - of 36%. His vice president seemed to be in trouble with his administration. His DOJ was caught lying about targeting parents and his controversial comptroller of the currency nominee Saule Omarova is facing stiff resistence in Senate hearings.

The Week:

The biggest story of the week was once again the Rittenhouse trial. The trial had been political driven by the leftwing media from the start. The prosecution, often inept, resorted to questionable tactics that led to claims of a mistrial. The jury has now been deliberating for 23 hours and people are beginning to speculate about what is happening. At least we know the defense did a fairly good job in presenting it's case. Today will be a fourth day of deliberation. We should remember that should the jury reach a deadlock, the judge usually has them go back and deliberate some more.

The FBI raided James O'Keefe's home and believe it or not the ACLU has come to his defense claiming that the raid was a threat to a free press. The investigation surrounds a "stolen" diary belonging to Ashley Biden that went missing just days before the 2020 presidential election. O'Keefe alleged that "within an hour" of the FBI's raid of the home of a Project Veritas reporter, the Times contacted that reporter for comment. "We do not know how the New York Times was aware of the execution of a search warrant at our reporter's home or the subject matter of the search warrant as a grand jury investigation is secret," O'Keefe said. "The FBI took materials of current, former Project Veritas journalists despite the fact that our legal team previously contacted the Department of Justice and voluntarily conveyed unassailable facts that demonstrate Project Veritas' lack of involvement in criminal activity, and or criminal intent."

It wasn't the only incident involving Biden's DOJ. On Tuesday, the Wall Street Journal reported that an internal email was leaked by an unnamed FBI agent to Republican lawmakers, allegedly out of concern that the new directive could lead the agency to collect information on parents who are protesting but not engaged in criminal activity. Congressional Republicans have seized on the letter and memo as evidence of a crackdown by the Biden administration on parents’ First Amendment rights.

According to a lengthy report by CNN, the relationship between Joe Biden and his VP Kamala Harris has grown increasingly icy as of late. Sources claim that Harris is frustrated with the role she’s been pushed to fill in the White House. Some may ask - what role? At any rate her communications director, Ashley Etienne will leave her post in December to “pursue other opportunities.” 

K
evin McCarthy is delaying the vote on Joe Biden's $1.8 trillion Build Back Better bill in the House of Representatives with a more than seven-hour speech that carried into Friday morning. As of 3 AM McCarthy was still going at it, denouncing the bloated bill as a waste of money. 'I don't care how many times I'm interrupted, ' he said to applause from his side of the aisle. 'I'm not going to stop til the American people hear it.' The vote has been  postponed until 8am.

Nancy Pelosi and House democrats censured a Republican member for posting threatening cartoons after ignoring unethical behavior from Maxine Waters, Ilhan Omar and Eric Swalwell.

Jacob Chansley, the deranged rioter who carried a spear and wore horns in the Capitol building got sentenced to 41 months in prison.

What have we learned?

First we learned that when the American people organize and stand up for their children and their rights they can move mountains, as evidenced by the removal of a school board president in Arizona. We are learning that  Americans are voting the radical left or any democrat for that matter out of office in such deep blue places as Columbia, South Carolina. 

It appears that democratic congressional leaders have decided to force their members to walk the plank over the BBB bill. They must feel that the huge defeat looming next year is worth the sacrifice. We can expect Nancy Pelosi to retire next year. Her egregious acts over the past 3 years will be her legacy.

Biden's DOJ is totally corrupt.

Here on NT we have had a week of whataboutism and deflection.

Cartoon of the week:

Politican-Cartoon-11.19.21.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Honorable mention:

American parents for once again standing tall.

A little known representative, Lauron Boebert who stood up on the House floor and blasted democrats for their blatant hypocrisy.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

4d27c15490f7b98276742ccd1309fc09.jpg?tl=1&ve=1

House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy made his final case against the BBB bill

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

It was a very good case…

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
2  Nowhere Man    3 years ago

Well, the gas he is pouring on inflation is the only gas he likes....

First time I have ever heard of fixing an economy by devaluing it's currency and throwing people out of work.....

Strange doings in the US....

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago

Honorable mention:

I wouldn't relegate Lauron Boebert's statement to an Honorable Mention.  She called out the Democrat leadership in open forum.  I'm sure they won't stand for their actions being called out like that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    3 years ago

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago
"Joe Biden is quickly becoming the greatest threat to small businesses since Fauci's fraud"   

She nailed it with just that one sentence.  

"While small business across my district, across America are struggling to find workers, struggling to stay open, Joe Biden is struggling to stay awake."

I'm dying.  That not only is hilarious, it's true.  The Biden payouts have done nothing but hurt the country.  Just as Boebert put it, they have taken the incentive away from work.  But then again, the democrats do seem to like people who depend on them.  Unfortunately what they have nothing to offer.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.1    3 years ago

It was inspiring. She became a woman that day!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    3 years ago

She was always a woman; but she has staked her place in the Republican party for sure. Now she needs to continue to build on it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.3    3 years ago
Now she needs to continue to build on it.

Oh she is.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.5    3 years ago

Many of us in Colorado are proud of her.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.5    3 years ago
A Member Of Congress Was Sleeping With The Enemy!' Boebert Calls Out Rep. Eric Swalwell

No lie there. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.1.8  squiggy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.5    3 years ago

"...not her brother husband, the other one..."

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  squiggy @3.1.8    3 years ago

That was funny.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.1.10  sixpick  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

You don't want to offend AOC.  She's the new face of the Democrat Party.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.1.11  sixpick  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.6    3 years ago

Don't blame you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  sixpick @3.1.10    3 years ago

What feeble minded sheep!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.5    3 years ago

Sad

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.14  Jasper2529  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.1    3 years ago
the democrats do seem to like people who depend on them.

Democrats have a centuries' long plantation mentality history. So do Marxists and Communists.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    3 years ago

I seeded her doing that yesterday!  She’s so right on!  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2    3 years ago

I missed it.  Sorry.  Didn't mean to overstep.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

President Joe Biden will briefly transfer power to Vice President Kamala Harris on Friday when he undergoes a “routine colonoscopy" at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, the White House said.

Prayers for all of us!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    3 years ago

Should be two days after anesthesia before making any important or critical decisions.  Not that he does anyways.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @4.1    3 years ago

First they have to find the end of something.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    3 years ago

How are they going to get the camera up there and around his head?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4.2.2  Gazoo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2    3 years ago

They’ll aim for one ear and out the other.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    3 years ago

Interesting that he had a colonoscopy at the same time of his "annual routine physical exam". Mine have always been on separate dates.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

House passes Biden's massive social spending bill despite CBO estimating it will add to deficit.

YtZZNUnm?format=jpg&name=small

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    3 years ago

Glad I already ate. That facejrSmiley_50_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    3 years ago

My watch stopped.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.1    3 years ago

My stomach turned- I have ulcers Vic- have a heart before posting something like that.

The look on her face and clenched fist says it all; she thinks she just crushed the entire world in the palm of her hand.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.2    3 years ago

I know what you mean...I had to pour myself a good stiff drink.

She'll be leaving next year. Maybe Disney will do a new version of the Wizard of Oz. In that case she has the part of the wicked witch all sewed up.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.3    3 years ago

They will have to get a stand in for any water scenes. Pelosi would really melt if it ever touched her.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    3 years ago
That face

needs more Botox.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    3 years ago

I'll bet the deficit goes up the exact amount as the massive porksocial spending bill.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2    3 years ago

They worked magic on the bill. It is probably a $4 Trillion bill.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.2  Snuffy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.1    3 years ago

I believe there are a lot of pieces in the bill that are also planned with partisan politics in mind.  Take for example the Child Tax Credit, only extended for one year.  So if it it not extended again next year the Democrats get to hammer the Republicans with it for the 24 election cycle. 

But all the games they played, the "limited" duration of some of the pieces of the bill...   all in order to bring the cost of the bill down to an acceptable level. And then when those entitlements don't get extended the Dem's have ammo to hammer the Rep's...   It's like the 24 election headlines are already written.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Snuffy @5.2.2    3 years ago
ke for example the Child Tax Credit, only extended for one year.  So if it it not extended again next year the Democrats get to hammer the Republicans with it for the 24 election cycle

100%.  It's both the type of budget gimmick that Manchin decried and it also allows Democrats to claim Republicans are attacking families if it's not renewed.

If the "temporary" policies continue, the deficit will increase by trillions. But by pretending many policies will end before the 10 year cost is calculated,  it only adds only hundreds of billions to the deficit theoretically making it easier to sell. Once enacted, giveaways rarely get taken away and if they do, the same people who are now relying on them being taken away to minimize the cost of the BBB will attack anyone for not reauthorizing them. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.3  sixpick  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    3 years ago

Can you imagine without the hair color, the makeup and all the other mechanisms including painted eyebrows what that photo would look like?  No wonder the Democrats are so crazy. They're run by a bunch of old Red Diaper Babies.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  sixpick @5.3    3 years ago

Let's not forget the miracles of plastic surgery,

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  sixpick @5.3    3 years ago

Brings to mind the Crypt Keeper from Tales from the Crypt.  At least he was entertaining.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

It's amazing the DOJ has turned a lost diary into a federal crime, and the MSM is happy that the Feds are targeting a journalist over it because its "the other side" who are having their rights trampled.  

What a bizarre story (and that doesn't even touch upon the allegations the President took inappropriate showers with his daughter)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    3 years ago

Victor Davis Hanson has an op-ed in the Daily Caller, which laments the rotten state of the FBI.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    3 years ago

You should post it.   Breaking  up the left wing hate bubble that dominates the front page would be a good thing

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.1    3 years ago

It's up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Watchdog finds no money has flowed out of agency tasked by Trump administration to fight pandemic http:// hill.cm/DS3PD6R

Another failed investigation of Trump.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @8    3 years ago

The Democrats have to have something to distract from their massive failures- and the amount of crippling inflation and debt they are adding with new bills.

Soon they will be down to only the Jan 6th commission. Not even their sycophants in the media can generate enough interest in it to give the Dems cover. 

But Democrats can feel good that they have driven two TDS driven Republicans out of the party. Pelosi's lap dogs are living on borrowed time. So the Democrats won't be going down alone when their reelection time comes. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ronin2 @8.1    3 years ago

[removed]    [.] Do you honestly think either political party gives a slight shit about you? They do not. You are a vote. Fodder, nothing more. Your loyalty to a politician is truly the most pathetic thing I have ever read. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1.1    3 years ago

I never stated either political party gives a shit about me. Please tell me which politician I am loyal to? It would be news to me and anyone that knows me.

But one party sure as hell wants to dictate every damn aspect of my life; and is taking actions to wreck this country to make sure they stay in power. Anyone that votes for Democrats condones what they are doing on the southern border, immigration, voting laws, taxation, energy, the judicial system (their corrupt DOJ and FBI), education, their warped social justice, and foreign policy (I will never condone abandoning US citizens behind enemy lines) is part of the problem. You want pathetic- speak to them.

If you think I am a loyal Republican you haven't read what I have posted. I have been constantly on the Republicans to get a plan in place for when they take power after midterms in the House and Senate. So far they have done jack shit of nothing. They haven't even stated they are going impeach Garland yet, want a corrupt partisan POS DOJ he is a prime candidate. They haven't stated they are even going to do a full investigation into the fucked up Biden administration- including the latest revelation that Biden is an incestuous pedophile. Funny how his daughter won't come out and say what was published in her diary was a lie; and the FBI is moving mountains to try and track down every shred of the diary to make sure it disappears. Press rights be damned, laws be damned, and being an unbiased agency be damned.

I will repeat what I stated during the last election. I am not voting for Republicans I am voting against Democrats. Since Republicans are the only option that stands a chance to beat them in our corrupt Establishment based two party system; they will get my vote. I will no longer vote for the best candidate no matter which party they are from (including third parties). As it was proven to me by leftists repeatedly in 2016 it is a wasted vote; when they blamed me for voting for Gary Johnson instead of Hillary Clinton. I will never waste my vote again. I will continue to vote for Republicans so long as Democrats continue down their road of trying to turn the US into China. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

Little prick killed 2 people, do t know much else about it. Congressional internship offers though? Maybe he should have been killed or we should just nuke ourselves of that is the new standard.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Vice President Kamala Harris said Kyle Rittenhouse’s acquittal is evidence that the criminal justice system needs to be reformed to be more “equitable.”

smqDOGir?format=jpg&name=small

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @10    3 years ago

Before I forget:

FEf3nlzXIAIKnzl?format=jpg&name=small

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
10.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1    3 years ago

Isn't it great that a deputy premier in any nation on the planet can have any woman he lusts after and if she complains or doesn't give it up make her disappear off the face of the planet and the government is down with that?

Or the journalist that reports on such things being held under the charge of "Subversion of State Power"

It's an official state power of the Chinese Government to sexually use and abuse women?

That's some kind of freedom they have there!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @10.1.1    3 years ago
It's an official state power of the Chinese Government to sexually use and abuse women?

Evidently it is.

Don't forget the mystery e-mail saying "It's me, Pengshuai and I'm just resting at home."

I'll tell you what, Let us see how many on NT care about it?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
11  Snuffy    3 years ago

While most everybody would agree that there are still racists among us,  and there are people in authority in the legal system who still use race to determine outcome,  why is it that every time the left doesn't agree with the outcome of a judicial issue that they have to play the race card like this? A fair and impartial outcome is what should be desired but in the Rittenhouse case because the outcome wasn't what they wanted all the sudden the process was not fair and impartial?  A jury of 12 individuals found  him not guilty of all charges. Were all 12 individuals racists? 

IMO this trial is not the one to hang your hat on in a fight to make the justice system more equitable.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Snuffy @11    3 years ago
why is it that every time the left doesn't agree with the outcome of a judicial issue that they have to play the race card like this?

Not only that - they riot!

A fair and impartial outcome is what should be desired but in the Rittenhouse case because the outcome wasn't what they wanted all the sudden the process was not fair and impartial? 

They set themselves up for it. Even Joe Biden weighed in to smear Rittenhouse as a "white supremacist!"

A jury of 12 individuals found  him not guilty of all charges. 

And they were able to do it under the threat of violence

Were all 12 individuals racists?

Evidently everyone is.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago
Kyle Rittenhouse reacts after being acquitted of all charges by a Wisconsin jury. https:// abcn.ws/3oIZjwu

FElEbp_XIAE9nA8?format=jpg&name=small