╌>

Legislators from 39 states sign letter outlining possible reversal of ‘corrupted’ 2020 election

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jeremy-in-nc  •  3 years ago  •  119 comments

Legislators from 39 states sign letter outlining possible reversal of ‘corrupted’ 2020 election
Nearly 200 state legislators have signed an open letter calling for “forensic audits” of the “corrupted 2020 election” and urging states to decertify electors “where it has been shown the elections were certified prematurely and inaccurately.”

When legislators from over half the country are concerned, that indicates there is a problem.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Nearly 200 state legislators have signed an open letter calling for “forensic audits” of the “corrupted 2020 election” and urging states to decertify electors “where it has been shown the elections were certified prematurely and inaccurately.”

The letter, signed by lawmakers from 39 states, was circulated Tuesday by Arizona State Sen. Wendy Rogers.

The letter is addressed to “the citizens of the United States of America” and claims “our representative republic suffered a corrupted 2020 election.”

There is   no evidence   that widespread voter fraud impacted the 2020 election results.

In the letter, however, the legislators ask that “all 50 states need to be forensically audited.”

“Voter rolls should be scrubbed with a canvass of the voters to ensure future integrity of our elections,” they wrote.

The legislators then said that they “call on each state to decertify its electors where it has been shown the elections were certified prematurely and inaccurately.”

If necessary, the legislators said, the U.S. House of Representatives should be prepared to “decide the rightful winner of the election.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Jeremy Retired in NC    3 years ago
If necessary, the legislators said, the U.S. House of Representatives should be prepared to “decide the rightful winner of the election.”

It should be recommended that the House abide by what their constituents want instead of what a particular party wants.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1    3 years ago

The rightful winner of the election was PRESIDENT BIDEN.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.1  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    3 years ago
The rightful winner of the election was PRESIDENT BIDEN.

Sad, but true

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MonsterMash @1.1.1    3 years ago

Agreed.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1    3 years ago
It should be recommended that the House abide by what their constituents want instead of what a particular party wants.

All they have to do show evidence about this "corruption".  Unfortunately, after around a year, there has yet to be any actual "evidence" provided of any of it.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1    3 years ago

" Roughly one-third of Americans believe that  President Biden ’s 2020 electoral victory was the result of widespread voter fraud, according to a  new Monmouth University poll ."

So that means two-thirds, the clear majority of Americans, understand there was ZERO evidence of any fucking voter fraud. So yes the House should "abide" by what their constituents want, and the majority of American constituents are laughing in the face of the one-third of fucking idiots who believe there was voter fraud simply because they lost.

As the seed points out " There is no evidence   that widespread voter fraud impacted the 2020 election results."

What this seed doesn't mention is that there are 7,383 State legislators in the US. They make it sound as if "nearly 200" of them is a large number, but it's not even 3% of them.

So this small group of sad whiny losers who still gnash their teeth when they think about the tangerine Mussolini losing do not represent the majority of Americans. They should go run back to their hollars and hills and shut the fuck up, it's over, it's done, put a cork in it. Continuing this bullshit fantasy of there being some widespread voter fraud is just further evidence of their collective insanity.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.3.1  seeder  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3    3 years ago

Then there should be no issues with conducting the audit.  That is, unless there is something to hide.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.3.1    3 years ago

Exactly!  That is the bottom line here.  Great seed.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.2    3 years ago

No, not at all.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.3.1    3 years ago

Tell you what Jeremy, when the RNC pops for the cost, I'll be all for it. But since the RNC is too busy paying for Trump's legal fees, I doubt that will ever happen and there is NO justification for taxpayer funds to be wasted on this bullshit.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.5  Dulay  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.3    3 years ago

It's even worse than that. As of Jan. 2021, there are 7410 total state legislators. That means that a whopping 2.5% are making these demands. 

Fuck them. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.3.1    3 years ago
Then there should be no issues with conducting the audit. 

You should break out your credit card so you can pay for it.  Arizona audit cost over $9 million for the Cyber Ninjas (snicker), and that does not include the cost of new voting machines to replace the ones Cyber Ninjas (snicker) tampered with.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.7  Dulay  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.6    3 years ago

9 MILLION for the audit of ONE AZ county and NO ONE believes the results. 

Yet the RW STILL insists that independent audits are the way to quell their doubts once and for all. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.8  TᵢG  replied to  Dulay @1.3.7    3 years ago

I suppose there are those stupid enough to reject all facts to the contrary and stick with whatever Trump declares.    I think, however, that the majority of those pushing for these pointless recounts are simply dishonestly supporting Trump.   That is, they know the election was not rigged but continue to support the narrative out of an emotional drive to spite the 'other side' and they see Trump as their best weapon to do so.

It is like those on a social media forum who disagree with a particular person no matter what they write.   It is a futile act of defiance where one acts in a way that makes them look utterly stupid but they do not care because 'getting back' is more important.

That said, I still cannot wrap my head around those who continue to support Trump after he showed his abysmal character in his 'Big Lie' (and continues to do so).   What sort of mind would actually support such an extremely narcissistic liar for PotUS?    SMH

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.9  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @1.3.8    3 years ago
What sort of mind would actually support such an extremely narcissistic liar for PotUS?  

I suppose that in the not so far future there will be studies done on what lead to that mindset.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.3.10  TᵢG  replied to  Dulay @1.3.9    3 years ago

Hopefully they will find a way to discourage such uber-irrational ‘thinking’.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.3.11  seeder  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dulay @1.3.4    3 years ago
Tell you what Jeremy, when the RNC pops for the cost,

If you want to look at it that way, we are owed money for the Meuller "investigation" and these hearings for 1/6.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.12  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.3.11    3 years ago

The Benghazi investigation, all the Hillary investigations...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.13  Dulay  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.3.11    3 years ago
If you want to look at it that way, we are owed money for the Meuller "investigation" and these hearings for 1/6.

Wow, talk about a false equivalency. 

The RNC is a CORPORATION and regulated by little to no laws limiting the intake or dispersion of those funds. In short, they're a piggy bank with little to NO internal or external accountability. 

Conversely, the DOJ has a statutory MANDATE to conduct criminal and counterintelligence investigations which are regulated by LAW. The DOJ also has internal processes for accountability for their expenditures and actions in the form of an IG. The results of those investigations can also be used by Congress to cause 'external' accountability in the form of legislation to regulate their procedures. 

The Congress has Constitutional authority to conduct oversight to include investigations into events to enable the Congress to make cogent decisions on legislation that may be required to mitigate future abuses. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.4  epistte  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1    3 years ago

There is no corruption that can be proven.  How many of the GOP legislators in congress who won seats in 2020 have denied that they were the winner?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @1.4    3 years ago
How many of the GOP legislators in congress who won seats in 2020 have denied that they were the winner?

Not for sure, but I believe it is the very same number of people who have claimed their votes were suppressed because of some new law!

epistte
Junior Guide
1.4.2  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.1    3 years ago

Maybe you could answer the question that I asked Jeremy instead of trying to deflect. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.3  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @1.4.2    3 years ago
Maybe you could answer the question that I asked Jeremy instead of trying to deflect.

I answered your question. How did you miss that?

Well, anyway, here it is again for you:

Not for sure, but I believe it is the very same number of people who have claimed their votes were suppressed because of some new law!

Pretty sure the correct answer is "none" or the equivalent.

How is that deflecting again when I answered the question that was asked?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago
When legislators from over half the country are concerned, that indicates there is a problem.

NOT AT ALL. 

I'm sure there are Trump fanatics in every state. So you get one or two state reps from blue states to sign onto this. Means nothing. 

The "problem" is that we have a gullible uninformed populace that heard their dear leader tell them he was robbed. And they dont have the common sense to know better.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
I'm sure there are Trump fanatics in every state.

Much like there are Anti-Trump fanatics in every state.  

The "problem" is that we have a gullible uninformed populace that heard their dear leader tell them he was robbed.

Yeah, nice try.  The only part you are even remotely correct on is the gullible uninformed populace.  

So this makes me wonder, why are you so against an audit?  If the whole thing was conducted with no issues, I would think that there would be no fear of any kind of audit.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    3 years ago
Yeah, nice try.  The only part you are even remotely correct on is the gullible uninformed populace.  

The fact that state legislators from 39 states signed this petition means absolutely nothing. You could go into the most blue county in the country and you will still find Trump fanatics there willing to sign whatever.  If you dont understand that you need to go back to the drawing board.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.2  seeder  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 years ago
The fact that state legislators from 39 states signed this petition means absolutely nothing

Then why does it seem so many are in freak out mode?

I'm curious why you didn't answer my question.  Why are you so against an audit?  If the whole thing was conducted with no issues, I would think that there would be no fear of any kind of audit.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.2    3 years ago

People with common sense and living in reality aren't freaking out.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.2    3 years ago

How many more audits?

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Your turd hero LOST.  GET OVER IT.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    3 years ago

And your turd hero is effing up America big time.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

So true John.  So true.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
I'm sure there are Trump fanatics in every state. So you get one or two state reps from blue states to sign onto this. Means nothing.

Especially when you take into account the sheer number of legislators.  Federal, state, county, city, that exist.  This is a very very small number of the total. 

I also noticed that the article failed to note party affiliation.  How much you want to bet they're all republicans.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

How about the states simply follow state laws and not allow anyone but the state legislature to make election rules? How about all 50 states absolutely maintain that only election officials run elections? How about requiring all votes, including mail-in-ballots be properly signed and revcieved by election day?  How about federal law prohibiting ballot harvesting and another law prohibiting what Elias & Zuckerberg did in 2020?

All the states had to do was follow their own laws.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    3 years ago

Every single "anomaly" about this election has been explained and explained. 

To me the most interesting thing about this "conspiracy" to rob Trump is that it literally spans the entire country. Election officials in states from Arizona to New Hampshire conspired to cheat poor innocent Donald trump out of his rightful win. 

Thousands of "haters" were actively involved.  You know what, he must have really sucked if so many people united to cheat him. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago
You know what, he must have really sucked if so many people united to cheat him.

Don't forget that a large number of those "haters", would have to be current republicans.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago
Every single "anomaly" about this election has been explained and explained. 

FALSE

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.1    3 years ago

"Every single "anomaly" about this election has been explained and explained."

TRUE!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.3    3 years ago
"Every single "anomaly" about this election has been explained and explained."

Well, explain what happened in Fulton County?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    3 years ago

Crickets chirping.....

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.4    3 years ago

There were THREE recounts, one of which was by hand and just last month the umpteenth court dismissed utterly unsubstantiated voter fraud allegations. 

Next? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    3 years ago
All the states had to do was follow their own laws.

And they changed them in a lot of cases to allow for early voting, by mail and in person, mail in voting as a norm rather than an exception, allowing votes to be admissable after the normal deadline of a certain hour on election day and I am sure some other things I may have forgotten over the last year. As said elsewhere, if it was all on the up and up, what the hell is wrong with an audit? Some somebodies have reasons and I don't think they are nefarious as some of our more ardent TDS sufferers want them to be.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2    3 years ago

There have been audits. Not enough for some that still think they can find something...

Hell maybe Biden could win by a larger margin...Worked in Arizona.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @3.2.1    3 years ago

Yeah and how many months did it take Arizona to show that Biden had won by more votes?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ender @3.2.1    3 years ago

How many states? How many localities?

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Ender  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.3    3 years ago

We know the one by the woman in Arizona that circulated this.

So obviously she is still not convinced after how many in her state?

This is all nothing but a continuation of the big lie.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.2    3 years ago
Yeah and how many months did it take Arizona to show that Biden had won by more votes?

Doesn't Arizona have a law against buying votes?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2    3 years ago
And they changed them in a lot of cases to allow for early voting

Lawfully changed them, with one exception.  That one exception was handled by the courts.  So god forbid a state makes additional allowances for their citizens to vote, without jeopardizing their lives, during a pandemic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2    3 years ago

That was Marc Elias and his lawsuits that made so many changes to election laws in the key battleground states.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @3.2.4    3 years ago
"This is all nothing but a continuation of the big lie.

YA!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.6    3 years ago

So since trumpturd lost by even more votes than thought, now some are saying something about 'buying votes'. . . WTF?????????

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2.6    3 years ago

Yeah and some voted by mail and claimed that those others who also voted by mail, were lazy.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.10    3 years ago

Why did they set up parade gates in PA? Poll watchers couldn't tell what was happening. Zuckerberg sent millions to help set up satellite voting offices. Poll watchers were not allowed to enter those sites. The Trump campaign sued and Judge Gary Glazer of the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas ruled that satellite offices didn't qualify as polling places and that state law "contains no provision that expressly grants the campaign and it's representatives a right to serve as watchers at satellite offices of the Board of Elections."

So don't tell us that everything was looked at. All they wanted was poll watchers at the time.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.9    3 years ago

Absolutely nothing happened in PA that would make any difference in votes for trumpturd.  If they did an audit, I bet they'd fine more votes for now President Biden.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.13  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.11    3 years ago
Why did they set up parade gates in PA? Poll watchers couldn't tell what was happening.

What parade gates are you blathering about Vic?

Zuckerberg sent millions to help set up satellite voting offices.

Bullshit Vic. There were NO satellite voting offices. 

Oh and just stop the bullshit about Zuckerberg. There's plenty to criticize him about but his donation to The Center for Tech and Civic Life isn't one of them.

Seriously, it won't hurt to read something other than RW crap for a change Vic.

Here's an article about their work:

How Mark Zuckerberg's Millions Made Election 2020 Go Smoothly : NPR

Poll watchers were not allowed to enter those sites. The Trump campaign sued and Judge Gary Glazer of the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas ruled that satellite offices didn't qualify as polling places and that state law "contains no provision that expressly grants the campaign and it's representatives a right to serve as watchers at satellite offices of the Board of Elections."
So don't tell us that everything was looked at. All they wanted was poll watchers at the time.

First of all, WTF are you quoting and where is the link Vic? 

Secondly, doesn't the FACT that there WERE court rulings on Trump's lawsuit PROVE that it WAS 'looked at'? 

There were NO 'satellite offices of the Board of Electors' either. The mail-in ballots were distributed to registered voters AT the offices of the Board of Electors and voters could fill out their ballots and submit them to the Board of Election office.

NOTHING nefarious. In FACT, the PA legislature changed Election law in 2019 [Act 77] mandating the procedure. 

But hell, NONE of those facts matter to YOU, do they Vic? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @3.2.13    3 years ago

I don't why that response was directed to me.  I said nothing of the kind.  I told this poster before to stop putting words in my mouth yet he continues.  He also continues to make up shit which has no bearing in truth or reality

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    3 years ago
How about the states simply follow state laws and not allow anyone but the state legislature to make election rules?

Yet in a prior seed you decried a PA Judge's ruling that did just that. 

It drips with hypocrisy. 

How about federal law prohibiting ballot harvesting

I thought you and yours were all about STATES running elections...

and another law prohibiting what Elias & Zuckerberg did in 2020?

I've already debunked your Zuckerberg BS Vic. Repeating it doesn't make it any less bullshit. 

As for Elias, winning 64-1 against Trump in court isn't something the Congress should be legislating against. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.3    3 years ago
Yet in a prior seed you decried a PA Judge's ruling that did just that. 

Which one? Stacey Abrams sister who allowed those who moved to vote?

I thought you and yours were all about STATES running elections...

And you and yours were all about changing election rules and election officials before the 2020 election.

I've already debunked your Zuckerberg BS Vic.

How so? I say he privatized elections in key states.

As for Elias, winning 64-1 against Trump in court isn't something the Congress should be legislating against. 

Elias has operated on a level well beyond that of his Republican counterparts, particularly when it comes to dirty tricks that have undermined confidence in American elections. Most notable was his involvement in Al Franken's legal challenges in the 2008 election recount. It had a major impact on congress, giving Obama a super majority and enabling the passing of Obamacare. In 2020 there is no question that Elias played a key role in radically altering election rules and procedures in ways that benefited democrats. Using covid as an excuse, he publically announced a massive push to dramatically expand no-excuse mail-in balloting.

His demands were:

1) Postage must be free or prepaid by the government.

2) Ballots that arrived well after election day must be counted.

3) Scrutiny of signatures to determine if ballots are legitimate must decline.

4) Ballot harvesting, which allows third parties and outside groups to collect voters' ballots and deliver them to polling places, must be legalized and expanded.

In large part, because of covid many states, through various means, caved in to Elias' wishes. It was just a part of the major changes that took place in voting in 2020. The introduction of mass mail-in voting was a game-changer. It brought with it a slew of confounding factors. The mail-in voting absolutely was a factor in the high vote count. Voters sending in their ballots by mail consist of new voters who had sat out the last time due to apathy or indecisiveness, they may be a population more easily swayed by external influences. Then there is the well known dirty deed of ballot harvesting. In 2005 the Carter-Baker Report recognized that mass mail-in voting can facilitate outright fraudulent voting or vote counting. There were many suspicious incidents that comprised the 2020 election. Marc Elias was the straw that stirred the drink.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.1    3 years ago
Which one? Stacey Abrams sister who allowed those who moved to vote?

You're obviously confusing your voter fraud conspiracies Vic. 

First of all, Stacey Abrams AND her sister are from GEORGIA.

Secondly your PA voter bullshit was about fantasy 'satellite offices', NOT voters who moved. 

Perhaps you should write up a story outline to help organize your conspiracy theories. 

Elias has operated on a level well beyond that of his Republican counterparts,

Yes, Elias HAS kicked his Republican counterparts ass in courtrooms all over the country. 

particularly when it comes to dirty tricks that have undermined confidence in American elections.

AGAIN, Elias is 64-1 in the COURTS Vic. If you have an issue with that, shouldn't you be bitching about the judiciary instead? 

It had a major impact on congress, giving Obama a super majority and enabling the passing of Obamacare.

First of all, Obama had a 'super majority' for a very short time and on paper ONLY because Byrd was hospitalized. 

Secondly, Obamacare passed under Reconciliation so they only needed 51 votes. 

That's a whole lot of FAIL in one sentence. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.3.2    3 years ago

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.3    3 years ago

WTF is your POINT Vic? 

Your link merely PROVES my statement that the Abrams sisters are from GEORGIA, NOT Pennsylvania. 

evilone
Professor Guide
4  evilone    3 years ago

Any and all of those who signed the letter are eligible to bring their own lawsuit to force a "forensic audit" if they have any legal proof. They don't, so they can only influence the gullible rubes that vote for them.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1  Sunshine  replied to  evilone @4    3 years ago

Well isn't that what the House is doing now with Jan 6th for those gullible rubes.

The FBI has cleared Trump from any "plot" to attack the Capitol or overturn the election.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sunshine @4.1    3 years ago

The FBI did not conduct any in depth investigation of this. 

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 years ago

Plus it has nothing to do with what he said...

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 years ago

For Pete's Sake, The TDS has reached nuclear levels.

The Senate cleared him also...the gullible rubes are still not happy.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.3    3 years ago
The Senate cleared him also

When???  Senate refused to participate in the investigation.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  Sunshine  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.4    3 years ago

9 months ago...look it up for yourself.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.4    3 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif I told you, they just make it up as they go along.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.7  seeder  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 years ago
The FBI did not conduct any in depth investigation of this.

Are you telling me the FBI didn't do their job?   After the "outstanding job" they did running surveillance on a presidential candidate. 

It is laughable that you expect the group that cried "Russia Collusion" for four years to conduct an in-depth investigation?  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.6    3 years ago

And what happened in Pennsylvania?

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.9  evilone  replied to  Sunshine @4.1    3 years ago
Well isn't that what the House is doing now with Jan 6th for those gullible rubes. The FBI has cleared Trump from any "plot" to attack the Capitol or overturn the election.

You're off topic and deflecting.

Back to the topic of the article - Were any one of these people to present any legal evidence they could force an audit, so in the absence of such I can only conclude they are full of shit. They are either too stupid to understand how government and the law works OR they are playing to the bias of the Trumpublican Populist base of deplorables. Just like Lindell's supposed Supreme Court filing he was going to do this week with "multiple states attorneys generals". It's not only stupid it's stupid on purpose.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.3    3 years ago
The Senate cleared him also...

The fact is a clear majority of the Senate voted to impeach Trump the second time around. 57 out of 100 voted GUILTY. They simply fell 3 votes short of a 60 vote super-majority.

So he was found guilty by the majority of the House and found guilty by a majority of the Senate. The only reason that he wasn't formally removed and prevented from holding future office was because of 43 partisan Republican Senators who knew their futures rested on their not pissing off their rabidly insane right wing conservative constituents who all have their heads firmly stuffed up the dirty Donald's backside.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.11  Sunshine  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.10    3 years ago
The fact is...

You do understand that the Senate is a whole body and the Senate cleared Trump from any of the left's delusions.

[deleted]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.12  Sunshine  replied to  evilone @4.1.9    3 years ago
You're off topic and deflecting.

I would say it is spot on.  If one party is not required to present any evidence, why should the other?   

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.13  evilone  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.12    3 years ago
If one party is not required to present any evidence, why should the other?   

Your grade school retorts don't change how the law works.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.14  Sunshine  replied to  evilone @4.1.13    3 years ago

You must believe the Jan 6th commission is a shit show too considering the lack of evidence and how the "law" works. 

Red meat for the TDS driven wouldn't you say?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.15  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.3    3 years ago

TDS is strong among the bicoastal secular progressive elites. It’s victims can’t control their ailment even though He’s not currently in office…

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.16  Ozzwald  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.11    3 years ago
You do understand that the Senate is a whole body and the Senate cleared Trump from any of the left's delusions.

The Senate didn't clear him of anything, they just failed to authorize punishment.  You really don't understand how things work, do you?

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.17  evilone  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.14    3 years ago
You must believe the Jan 6th commission...

Do you have anything to say about the actual topic in the article? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.18  Dulay  replied to  Sunshine @4.1    3 years ago
The FBI has cleared Trump from any "plot" to attack the Capitol or overturn the election.

Wow, I bet that's a great read. Please post a link to their report. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.19  Sunshine  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.16    3 years ago

Do you know what an acquittal is?  Apparently not.  
Please tell us how government works in your world.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.19    3 years ago

jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.21  Dulay  replied to  Sunshine @4.1    3 years ago

Silence ensues. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.22  Ozzwald  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.19    3 years ago
Do you know what an acquittal is?

Wow.

The Senate cannot acquit Trump of an impeachment, he was/is/always will be, impeached (twice) by the House.  Senate chose not to remove him from the position in the most partisan way possible.

I don't know how the government works where you're from, but the House and Senate each have their own specific jobs when it comes to impeachment in America.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.23  Greg Jones  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.22    3 years ago

Bubba Clinton was impeached, and punished

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.24  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.23    3 years ago
Accusation Article I – perjury / grand jury
Votes in favor 45 "guilty"
Votes against 55 "not guilty"
Result Acquitted
Accusation Article II – obstruction of justice
Votes in favor 50 "guilty"
Votes against 50 "not guilty"
Result Acquitted

Dishonest Donald had more guilty votes in the Senate for his impeachment than Bill Clinton. This re-writing or forgetting of history by right wing conservative dipshits is quite telling. They don't give a fuck about truth, they push their own warped version of reality because it 'feels' right to them, not because it contains any facts.

The right wing now reside in a completely different reality than the rest of the planet, where up is down, Clinton was impeached but Trump wasn't, where there's widespread voter fraud everywhere even though there's zero evidence of it, where Trump won the election even though he lost by every measure, where Trumps Afghanistan withdrawal agreement is all Biden's fault and where a thrice married serial adulterer, accused sexual predator and known liar is their new Messiah. You really can't invent a more twisted, wicked, insane reality yet here we are with nearly half the country deeply invested in the lies, deceit, hate and discrimination of right wing religious conservatism.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.25  Sunshine  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.22    3 years ago

duplicate

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.27  Sunshine  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.22    3 years ago
Wow. The Senate cannot acquit Trump of an impeachment

Wow is right.  Spreading ignorant information as above is what is wrong with our nation today.  I will explain the process to you as simple as possible so you have a better understanding of how government works.  

Impeachment - Wikipedia

Impeachment  is the process by which a  legislative body  or other legally constituted tribunal initiates charges against a  public official  for misconduct. [1] [2]  It may be understood as a unique process involving both  political  and  legal  elements. [3] [4] [5]

In the federal system, the  Article One of the United States Constitution  provides that the  House of Representatives  has the "sole Power of Impeachment" and the Senate has "the sole Power to try all Impeachments." [54

The four impeachments of presidents were:  Andrew Johnson in 1868 Bill Clinton in 1998 , and  Donald Trump  twice:  first in 2019 , and  a second time in 2021 . [62]   All four impeachments were followed by acquittal in the Senate. [61]

Do you see the word “acquittal” in the above explanation from Wikipedia.  Now reread your false statement above that states “The Senate cannot acquit Trump of an impeachment”.   Can you understand the process now?

I suggest you do some reading on the subject.  You can start with the link I provided for you.

he was/is/always will be, impeached ( twice ) by the House. 

No one said any different.  Because you don’t understand how the whole process works you may be confused that someone did.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.28  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.23    3 years ago

So what?  Clinton is off topic from this.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.29  Ozzwald  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.27    3 years ago
Can you understand the process now?

Can you?  Trump was impeached twice, period.  You cannot change that, the Senate cannot change that, Trump will go down in history as being impeached twice.  The acquittal (since you insist on that verbiage), was only on the dismissal phase, it does not speak to the fact that he was already impeached.

No one said any different.

Yet you keep trying to argue about it.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.30  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 years ago

The FBI did not conduct any in depth investigation of this to the satisfaction of the liberal left./s

There John, I fixed it for you.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.31  Dulay  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.30    3 years ago

Still waiting for link for that report Doc. Do YOU have it? 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5  Snuffy    3 years ago

I dislike this attempt to re-hash the 2020 elections.  It's over and done with, it's way past time to move on and look to the future.  Concentrate on the 2022 and 2024 elections.  

Yes there were issues with the 2020 elections where state officials rather than the legislative bodies changed the rules and processes, citing the Covid pandemic as the reason why it was done. The state legislators should be the one groups that can change the election process, it's way past time for them to take control. Where rules were changed due to "covid", review those changes and if it was a good change validate it under law. If it was not a good change then reverse the rule and hold the official who made the change accountable.

But stop trying to change the past.  As my father used to say  'you cannot hope for a better past, all you can do is work for a better future'.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @5    3 years ago

How profound.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @5    3 years ago

I know it is not a popular opinion and the states rights crowd hates it, but I don't think there should be different laws in different states.

I think it should be universal.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @5.2    3 years ago

yeah, I'm not gonna agree with you on this myself.  I might feel differently if we had a federal election but we don't. All the elections are really just at the state and/or local levels.  At the state level it includes who the citizens of the state want to represent them in Congress.  As for the presidential election, we don't have a federal election there either, it's a state election to determine who will represent the state in the Electoral College. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @5.2.1    3 years ago

Having universal election laws wouldn't change anything you said.

The local and state wide races would still be whoever the people voted in.

Nothing would change in that regard.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.3  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @5.2.2    3 years ago

If nothing would change then why bring in the Feds and make universal election laws?  What exactly are you trying to see changed?

And lets not forget that the US Constitution leaves the power of elections to the states, allowing for Congress by law to make changes.  So what changes do you want to see done?  From  your reply I suspect you are talking about doing away with the Electoral Collage and allowing one vote per person for the President but before I reply I would like confirmation on exactly what changes you are looking for.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @5.2.3    3 years ago

Like I said, just a universal standard.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.5  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @5.2.4    3 years ago

We already do have a lot of universal standards now.  Elections are all held on the first Tuesday in November, you have to be a citizen and an adult to vote.  So please explain what you mean by a universal standard?  Your comments imply you see the standards applying to federal (congress, WH) rather than state and local so please elucidate on what you would like to see.  

Just saying 'universal standard' does not provide sufficient information to make a reply.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @5.2.5    3 years ago

Just with things of contention. Like so many early voting days. Times polls open and close. How mail in ballots are done. I mean, we could make a list.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.7  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @5.2.6    3 years ago

Having a list would help aid in discussion.  I do like early voting days but we have to allow for the expense to the states for the additional costs. Same with when the polls open and close.  For the polls myself, I would like to see election day moved from the first Tuesday in November to a weekend with polls open Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  That would better allow for people who have a hard time getting off from work to be able to vote.  Hours the polls are open?  I've lived so many years here in Arizona I just take for granted the 6am to 6pm window, so long as you are in line to vote before 6pm you can vote.

I like how mail-in ballots are handled in Arizona. I don't like where some states just tried to blast out mail-in ballots in the 2020 elections without having a system set up to manage it.  In Arizona you have to provide your identification to set it up but I've been voting by mail for many cycles now. But again the state needs to set up a system to manage it and to verify the vote.  If they can do it great. Not all states want to do this however.

But making a list allows for discussion. Not all discussion will lead to agreement, that's to be expected. But without discussion all we really have is that old beer commercial          " Tastes Great / Less Filling ".  Personally I think we have too much of that shouting on this board already.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @5.2.7    3 years ago

I think there is several things we could agree on.

As we have seen, states can change their laws on a whim.

When I say a national standard, I guess I mean more of a minimum standard. Sort of a guideline of things states must or need to have in place.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.2.9  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @5.2.8    3 years ago

Having an actual list makes this so much easier.  When I see the phrase minimum standard, I have to wonder how we all would agree on what is the minimum.  Some might say we already have the minimum,  voting is a constitutional right and you must be 18+ yo and a citizen in order to vote.  States can restrict constitutional rights, we see that in all of them and in the case of voting a felon in most states cannot vote.  

So the question comes down to, what changes should be made?  As we will be relying on the federal government to make any of these changes I don't expect anything to change any time soon.  

For myself, I would like to see early voting (thinking 10 days) to help those who have difficulty getting away from work in order to vote.  I would like to see all states set up a system to allow for mail-in ballots, the system would need to be secure and have a process for verification of the ballots.  I would like to see election day moved to a three-day weekend, to also help those who have difficulty in getting away from work to vote. I would like states to do a better job at validating the voting roles and removing invalid / moved away / dead citizens who still remain on the voting rolls.  I would like all states to allow anybody to vote at any polling station,  if it is not your assigned polling station they may not have the proper documentation for verification so you would submit a provisional ballot, but your ballot should be taken.  (I will admit, I do not know if all states allow for this now or not)

What changes would you like to see?  Admitting that if we wait on Congress to make any changes it won't happen in our lifetimes and I'm also ok with that.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @5.2.9    3 years ago

I think a national data base for voting rolls. If states want a voting card or id, have a national voting card given out when people turn 18. Sort of like registering for the draft, one registers to vote when of age.

Have a way where states could look at a national data base and see where one resides or if they vote in another state.

I wouldn't mind a standard for mail in votes for all states.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Snuffy @5    3 years ago
The state legislators should be the one groups that can change the election process, it's way past time for them to take control

Just keep in mind that less than 3% of all State legislators signed on to this letter so this clearly does not represent the State legislators in America. I believe most don't see the need to change much considering there simply was zero evidence of any widespread voter fraud. Were there some process changes made due to a global pandemic? Yes. Did any of the changes cause or encourage any widespread voter fraud? No, of course not.

I agree with you that "it's over and done with". All these right wing conservative fools still claiming voter fraud are doing is showing everyone how utterly out of touch with reality they are.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.3.1  Snuffy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.3    3 years ago
Just keep in mind that less than 3% of all State legislators signed on to this letter so this clearly does not represent the State legislators in America. I believe most don't see the need to change much considering there simply was zero evidence of any widespread voter fraud. Were there some process changes made due to a global pandemic? Yes. Did any of the changes cause or encourage any widespread voter fraud? No, of course not.

Never claimed that the signatories of the letter represented anywhere close to all or anywhere close to a majority,  they represent only themselves. I also said nothing about fraud, so please stop trying to put words in that I didn't say.  I did say that there were some changes made in the process in some states by unelected officials and the state legislators should be the ones to make any changes to state election processes.  

Dragon
Freshman Silent
6  Dragon    3 years ago

Trump fanatics will NEVER, NEVER accept any audit that doesn't result in Trump winning. If another audit is done and results are Biden rightfully won, Trump fanatics will whine about deep state, leftist corruption, whatever makes them feel good. Again, Trump fanatics will NEVER accept any audit results unless it results in Trump winning, so it is a waste of time and money to perform yet another audit because the results will be the same, Biden won. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7  TᵢG    3 years ago

Yes, the problem is the GOP following Trump.   This is the most remarkable failure of the GOP I have witnessed in my life.   The wholesale selling out of integrity to support a known liar whose lies about the election lack the persuasive facts that normally are necessary to convince people of a claim.   Especially when the claim is so outrageous.

There is   no evidence   that widespread voter fraud impacted the 2020 election results.

Indeed.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @7    3 years ago

Then we should let every state audit it’s returns to everyone in each states satisfaction so that all doubt is eliminated once and for all.  All resistance to an audit in a given state is proof positive that those opposed to it and their supporters really do have something to hide.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
7.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1    3 years ago

The states have already done their due diligence.   The election process was completed last year.    All results certified by the SoS and counted by Congress.    In addition myriad recounts were taken and delivered nothing.

It is beyond stupid to believe Trump's claims.   They are claims with no supporting evidence spewed by a known liar who cannot stand the fact that he lost an election.   It just amazes me that anyone on the planet actually believes this crap.

No amount of recounts will end this idiocy by Trump sycophants.   At this point the nation should tell them to collectively STFU and find a leader of the GOP who is at least a halfway decent human being.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @7.1.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif Its like talking to  a brick wall tig.  It's futile but I applaud your tireless promotion of the facts which fall on deaf ears

Save Me Jebus
Freshman Silent
8  Save Me Jebus    3 years ago

What is the point of all this? It's a waste of time. We ALL KNOW that Mike Lindell (peace be upon him), is releasing the Kraken over Thanksgiving with iron clad, lock solid, 100% proof of voter fraud (this time for sure, I swear, no joking this time...) and the Supreme Court is reinstating Trump (peace be upon him) by this Sunday. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Save Me Jebus @8    3 years ago

What is it that opponents of audits are trying to hide?  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1    3 years ago

Nothing.   The opponents of audits are simply rational people who are tired of Trump sycophants continuing to beat a horse so dead that it is long since dust.   The opponents of audits know that they are a waste of time and effort.  

Trump and sycophants have been given all sorts of recounts, lawsuits, etc.   They have had their day in court and have already wasted enough time and effort.   The opponents of audits are against endless acts of futility in foolish support of Trump.

IMO

Save Me Jebus
Freshman Silent
8.1.2  Save Me Jebus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1    3 years ago

I thought Conservatives are supposed to be fiscally responsible, aren't they? I don't care who audits what, but I'm against wasteful spending, which is exactly what these ridiculous fishing expeditions are.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1    3 years ago

No one is hiding anything. Not a single “audit” has turned up anything out of the ordinary, frankly people like you are just annoying as all hell and we are tired of listening to you bitch about the same shit over and over. How about you actually bring forward evidence, real evidence not bullshit whining and complaining, and then we can talk.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2  Tessylo  replied to  Save Me Jebus @8    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif Praise Jebus indeed!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

And all 186 of them can go get fucked by an elephant.