╌>

KFC customer posts photo of chicken head found in her order

Category:  Wine & Food

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  3 years ago  •  54 comments

By:   Brian Niemietz - New York Daily News (on MSN)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Is a chicken head white meat or dark meat?

© Provided by New York Daily News - Woman claims to have found a chicken head mixed in with her fried chicken.

That was hardly the first thing on the mind of an Englishwoman who posted social media photos of a crispy chicken noggin she said she found in her hot wing meal.

“I found a fried chicken head in my hot wing meal,” a woman named Gabrielle wrote Monday. “Put me off the rest, ugh.”

After noticing Gabrielle had still given her meal a two out of five star review, KFC UK responded, “Probably the most generous 2-star review ever.”

yum yum @KFC_UKI pic.twitter.com/hnTm8urQ3x
— Takeaway Trauma (@takeawaytrauma) December 20, 2021

The fast food joint’s Twitter reply admitted their customer’s finding was “a shocker,” but also saw a silver lining.

“Honestly, Wow. We were genuinely surprised by this photo,” KFC UK responded on Twitter. “Baffled, even.”

In its defense, KFC UK wrote that Gabrielle’s finding proves the fast food chain uses real chickens, as advertised.

KFC UK lamented the fact that the Instagram feed “Takeaway Trauma” had picked up on the chicken-head instance, but didn’t deny that such things can happen — on rare occasions — when serving up chicken meat. The company also said it had offered Gabrielle free chicken, which she allegedly accepted. She was also invited to come visit one of its kitchens so she can see how meals are made.

British media outlet the Independent reported that the chicken-head debacle happened in southwest London.

The Subway sandwich franchise is engrossed in a highly publicized lawsuit in the U.S. over allegations that its tuna products do not contain the kind of fish advertised by that fast food joint. They vigorously defend their tuna offerings.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

No big deal.  People eat animal brains in many countries.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    3 years ago

I never eat anything something has been thinking with. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    3 years ago

Did you ever eat an oyster or a scallop or an escargot?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.2    3 years ago

Me too, and oysters and escargots as well.  Did you ever see the photos I posted of the new little seafood stand that opened up in the mall adjoining the building where we live?

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.4  shona1  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.2    3 years ago

Morning...

Yes I had prawns, scallops and oysters for tea last night...

And a good Aussie dessert...Pav...as pictured...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.7  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @1.1.4    3 years ago

Wow.  The Chinese put fruit in and on their cakes, but I've never seen a seafood cake.

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.8  shona1  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.6    3 years ago

Anoon Kathleen..beats cheese cake hands down...

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.9  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.7    3 years ago

See you learn something everyday Buzz..

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.11  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.5    3 years ago

I know Shona1 has seen them, and for you I'll post them here again.

Just a kiosk that opened not too long ago, and has been busy since, so hopefully it will remain a long time.  A few  metres away a man is busy shucking the fresh caught oysters and scallops.

.Dressed oysters on the grill on the right, and dressed scallops on the grill on the left.

The dressed scallops.  I don't know what's on the left, and haven't seen them for a while.  If they're escargots I could kick myself for not trying them.

The dressed oysters, When they are not busy, the grills are not on, and when ordered they are cooked on another grill that faces the other direction, so they are never overcooked.

I visit that stand and buy their seafood once or twice a week - I just love those oysters and scallops.  And now, everybody, eat your hearts out - the price - 4 oysters (and they give you 5 if they're small), 10 yuan, the equivalent of US$1.60, (only 40 cents each) and 5 scallops, 15 yuan, the equivalent of US$2.50 (just 50 cents each)

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.13  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.11    3 years ago

Sigh...seafood heaven...dozen oysters here are around $18...

Scallops about the same..

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.14  shona1  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.10    3 years ago

Anoon...yes thank you...nice and quiet just the way I like it..

Family, good food and friends.. Makes a lovely Christmas...

Hope you had a great Christmas too...

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1.15  shona1  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.12    3 years ago

Can have the oysters Kilpatrick...put some Worchester sauce on them, top with chopped up bacon and put them under the griller till bacon is crispy... perfect..

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.11    3 years ago

My husband does oysters like this. He puts some green onion, panko crumbs, and romano and parmeson cheese

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.18  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    3 years ago

If you ever get Conch Ceviche right on the beach, you literally look your meal i

n the eye(s) right before they 

force it out of the shell and behead it. 

They dice the whole animal so fast...and onto the grille it goes while they 

dice onions greens and garlic, maybe a touch of rum

It's sublime.

All the while the chef is talking, distracting and starting a bidding war for the victims

shell

True story jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    3 years ago

Lol .... nice!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    3 years ago

Don’t forget the gravy!

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5  Gazoo    3 years ago

“In its defense, KFC UK wrote that Gabrielle’s finding proves the fast food chain uses real chickens, as advertised.”

lmao!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gazoo @5    3 years ago

I've been seeing lately a lot of stories about meat manufactured from plants, even done by 4D projection, so I don't blame them for making it clear.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

I think the most surprising part of this story is that the customer posted a two star review.  KFC has gotten so awful that even a meal sans chicken head gets one star from me.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6    3 years ago

I bought my last bucket of KFC chicken in, I think April or May of 2020.  My son requested it.  And it was awful.  There was more fat than meat in it, and I don't know if there's much in the world more gag-inducing than chicken fat.  We each got a piece, picked at it, then tried another piece, and gave up.  I haven't been back since then.

I guess at least there was no chicken head.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1    3 years ago

I got the potato skins a while back, and they were literally just that.  There was no potato on them.  It’s like someone got the bright idea that you could peel the potatoes to make mashed potatoes and then scrape the skins out of the bottom of the sink and toss them in the deep fryer.  The rest of the meal was equally terrible, and the restaurant was the dirtiest establishment I’ve ever seen.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.1    3 years ago

I guess they were economizing.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.3  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.2    3 years ago

Well, Hal ordered potato skins and what he got was what he ordered.  What I take issue with is the pictures they use for their advertising and menus, showing a nice thick amount of chicken in the bun, and when you get it it's less than half the amount of chicken than you saw in the picture.  You can add "exaggerating" to "economizing".

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    3 years ago

This seed reminded me of this SNL sketch.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7    3 years ago

I can't open it, but if you (or anyone) tell me a bit about it I can seek it on bilibili.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    3 years ago

Search "Cluckin Chicken SNL"  maybe you can find it another way

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.1    3 years ago

Although I found a lot of SNL episodes, the only one that had anything to do with chicken was "Chicken Leg Contest".

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.2    3 years ago

Pops right up for me, first item of a Google search on "Cluckin Chicken snl."

Shows the stark contrast between the US and China in that regard.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.4  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.3    3 years ago

For me the contrast is worse than you think.  It has now become impossible for me to access IMDb through any browser, English or Chinese, and that site was necessary for me to create and accurately .score movie quizzes based on genre, and also now makes it difficult to create and score quizzes using any other method.  Creating and scoring movie quizzes was one of the passtimes I enjoyed most spending my time doing.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.4    3 years ago

That sucks.   Really sorry to heart that.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.6  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.5    3 years ago

Thanks.  I'm still going to try to post movie quizzes, but not by genre because there are other themes I can use, but it could make checking and scoring a problem.