╌>

Legendary Actress Betty White Dead at 99

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  37 comments

By:   Jess Cohen

Legendary Actress Betty White Dead at 99
"Even though Betty was about to be 100, I thought she would live forever," her agent Jeff Witjas confirmed to People.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The legendary actress, who delighted fans as Rose Nylund on   The Golden Girls , passed away at her home in Los Angeles on Friday, Dec. 31.

"Even though Betty was about to be 100, I thought she would live forever," her agent   Jeff Witjas   confirmed to   People . "I will miss her terribly and so will the animal world that she loved so much. I don't think Betty ever feared passing because she always wanted to be with her most beloved husband Allen Ludden. She believed she would be with him again."

While authorities could not confirm her identity at this time, LAPD told E! News they responded to a death investigation at 9:30 a.m. on Friday morning. "We're currently there at scene and there is no foul play," authorities said. "It seems like just a natural death investigation."

Betty White's Best Roles

Earlier this year, on Jan. 17, White took to her   Instagram   story to celebrate her 99th birthday. "Would you believe it?! she wrote. "It's my 99th birthday which means I can stay up as late as I want without asking." Alongside her message, White shared a video clips from her "long-lost series"   The Pet Set .

"I am just so proud of the "Pet Set,'" she continued. "I hope everyone is well and staying safe. We will get through this."

Breaking news, more to come...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

So sad, I am.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
1.1  Freewill  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago
So sad, I am.

Me too!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago
So sad, I am.

Awesome she was. 

Professor Guide
1.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @1.2    3 years ago
Awesome she was. 

Agree, I do.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

so sorry to see the passing of such a legendary television icon from the golden age of TV. her role as sue ann nivens on the mary tyler moore show was my favorite segment of her decades of work in television. RIP Betty.

Professor Guide
1.3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.3    3 years ago
her role as sue ann nivens on the mary tyler moore show was my favorite segment of her decades of work in television.

Sue Ann brought naughty gals into prime time, and I loved her to pieces.  However, her character on Golden Girls was my favorite.  Even as Rose Nylund, she still showed a bit of naughty on occasion.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.3.1    3 years ago

I've heard of that series, but I skipped a couple decades of watching much TV.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.3.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  devangelical @1.3.2    3 years ago

The Golden Girls?  It was great.  We snotty Gen Xers thought we were too cool to watch it when it first aired.  And then we hit our 40s and found out those gals were way cooler and funnier than we'd ever thought about being.

Professor Guide
1.3.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.3.2    2 years ago
I've heard of that series, but I skipped a couple decades of watching much TV.

One of my F/A friends was getting married on the same evening that the Golden Girls series finale was being broadcast.  I went to the ceremony and the beginning of the reception, but I will admit to making up a story so I could leave early without hurting the bride's feelings.  She looked me in the face and said, "You're going home to watch the Golden Girls finale, aren't you?"  I had to fess up at that point.  Thank God she laughed.  

I found out later that I wasn't the only one who cut out early for the same reason.  That's how good the show was/still is.  Now that I think about it, my all-time favorite insult came from Rose:  Gerkonanakin. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.5  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.3.4    2 years ago

.......uh, huh? what? sorry, I didn't make it past the wedding reception full of drunk F/A's part.

Thomas
Senior Guide
2  Thomas    3 years ago

Awwwww, nuts. 

Peace be with you, Betty.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    3 years ago

Now there will be a curse on prematurely celebrating your 100th birthday on the cover of People magazine.

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @3    3 years ago

She'd be the first one to say she had earned the right to claim it, even if she was just 18 days short!

AASjU2H.img?w=534&h=712&m=6&x=23&y=28&s=390&d=637

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    2 years ago

I suspect foul play.

Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.1    2 years ago
I suspect foul play.

Ha!

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4  MrFrost    3 years ago

99 years is a good long life, RIP Betty White. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

RIP, Miss Betty.  We should all live as well as you have.

Professor Guide
5.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5    3 years ago

We should all live as well as you have.

Had her wits/humor/charm/talent/beauty about her right up until the end.  Hells bells, she still has her wits/humor/charm/talent and of course beauty, about her this very minute.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     3 years ago

RIP Betty, you were classic.

Professor Guide
6.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @6    3 years ago
RIP Betty, you were classic.

Classic and full of sass.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.1    3 years ago

"never eat anything green" !

shona1
PhD Quiet
7  shona1    3 years ago

Morning..

A lovely lady that showed warmth and humility through her life..

Truly a Golden Girl....

Professor Guide
7.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  shona1 @7    3 years ago
Truly a Golden Girl....

Agreed. 

And along that same line of thought...I still watch GG re-runs even though I've seen them all a million times.

reneedurkee
Freshman Silent
8  reneedurkee    3 years ago

I'm goin' to miss you Ol' girl....you were a real PIP! I believe you and Alan are dancing right now!!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professor Guide
10.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    3 years ago
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly what I said when I read the news.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11  Greg Jones    3 years ago

A life well lived...loved her class and her sass...a true lady

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
12  Raven Wing    3 years ago

R.I.P. Betty White. You did good, and never missed a beat.jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13  Tacos!    3 years ago

We will all miss her, but her life was a gift to everyone, and that will endure long after her passing.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
14  al Jizzerror    3 years ago

Years ago, David Letterman asked Betty how she stayed in such great shape.

Betty said, "Well, David, I live in a two story house and I have a terrible memory."

Here's my favorite Betty White meme:

RIP Betty White.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
14.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  al Jizzerror @14    3 years ago

Al, I believe that you in particular would appreciate Betty's wicked sense of humor in this sketch:

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
14.1.1  al Jizzerror  replied to  sandy-2021492 @14.1    3 years ago

Thanx, sandy!

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
14.1.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  sandy-2021492 @14.1    2 years ago
Al, I believe that you in particular would appreciate Betty's wicked sense of humor

Thank you for being a friend.

Professor Guide
14.1.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  sandy-2021492 @14.1    2 years ago

Too funny!  "What are you waiting for stupid?  Eat it!"

Professor Guide
14.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  al Jizzerror @14    2 years ago

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
15  Perrie Halpern R.A.    2 years ago

I was so bummed to hear about this. She was one funny lady!