╌>

Gingrich says Jan. 6 commission members could face jail time if GOP retakes House

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  162 comments

By:   Sophie Mann (Just The News)

Gingrich says Jan. 6 commission members could face jail time if GOP retakes House
The former House Speaker says House Democrats have broken enough laws to warrant jail time

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former GOP House Speaker Newt Gingrich is warning of possible jail time for Jan. 6 committee members should Republicans reclaim the House majority during the upcoming midterm election.

"You're gonna have a Republican majority in the House, a Republican majority in the Senate. And all these people who've been so tough and so mean and so nasty are going to be delivered subpoenas for every document, every conversation, every tweet, every email," Gingrich told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo on Sunday.

"I think when you have a Republican Congress, this is all going to come crashing down. The wolves are gonna find out they're now sheep, and they're the ones who are, in fact, I think, going to face a real risk of going to jail for the kind of laws that they're breaking," said Gingrich, though he did not specify which laws he believes have been broken.

Gingrich, widely considered a GOP party elder, has reportedly been advising Republican leadership as the midterm approaches.

Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney, one of two Republicans on the committee and an outspoken critic of former President Trump, criticized Gingrich's assessment.

"A former speaker of the House is threatening jail time for members of Congress who are investigating the violent January 6 attack on our Capitol and our Constitution," she said. "This is what it looks like when the rule of law unravels."

Cheney is one of two Republicans who sit on the investigatory panel.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

They have weaponized the law and violated all the norms of a civilized society.

It's time to hold them accountable.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
They have weaponized the law and violated all the norms of a civilized society.

Has anyone seen what laws they have violated?   Newt offered no specifics.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1    2 years ago
Has anyone seen what laws they have violated?

The quote says they have weaponized the law. Pay attention to the wording. This is a no-spin zone.

You may recall how Letitia James, began her campaign for NY AG, in front of Trump Tower with a pledge to investigate Trump’s private-business interests in New York.

Let me quote her: “The beating heart of Trump’s corruption is here in our state."

She won, took office and has launched an open ended investigation of all things Trump ever since.  That is called weaponizing the law!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago
The quote says they have weaponized the law. Pay attention to the wording.

Pay attention to what Newt said (it is right there in your seed):

"I think when you have a Republican Congress, this is all going to come crashing down. The wolves are gonna find out they're now sheep, and they're the ones who are, in fact, I think, going to face a real risk of going to jail for the kind of laws that they're breaking,"

I repeat.   Has anyone seen what laws they have violated?   Newt offered no specifics.

If you do not have an answer then don't reply.   You, the seeder, attacking with snark is a crappy way to manage a seed.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.2    2 years ago

Then you made a mistake. In post 1.1 you quoted me and now you point to what Gingrich said. Now that we have that straight, we can say that we haven't yet seen what laws have been violated and we are unlikely to until the House & Senate changes hands. Then a new inquiry will begin. Maybe Gingrich will be right and maybe it was simply a gut feeling, but that day is coming.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.2    2 years ago

"The former House Speaker says House Democrats have broken enough laws to warrant jail time"

We're all waiting TiG to hear which laws they are/were.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 years ago

I quoted you from your opening comment (@1) which normally would be addressing the content of your seed.  

Is Gingrich talking about weaponizing the law?    If not, then why does your opening comment summarize their actions as such?

It is not a mistake to expect the seeder’s opening comment to be consistent with the seed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.2    2 years ago

You're not the one who made the mistake TiG.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.5    2 years ago
Is Gingrich talking about weaponizing the law?

I'm sure that is part of it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    2 years ago
I'm sure that is part of it.

Then you do consider your comment @1 to be talking about the content of your seed.   Thus this snark from you about quoting your comment @1 was a gratuitous ill-conceived attack.

I asked the obvious question because I could not find any supporting material on the web where Gingrich gave any specifics:

TiG @1.1Has anyone seen what laws they have violated?   Newt offered no specifics.

Unless there are specifics, what is a rational person to do with this allegation?   Just assume that Gingrich is NOT blowing smoke and actually has a specific argument to make?   That is not good enough for me.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.1    2 years ago

Yes, it's time to hold the gop/gqp/republicans/alleged conservatives accountable.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.8    2 years ago
Then you do consider your comment @1 to be talking about the content of your seed.   Thus this snark from you about quoting your comment @1 was a gratuitous ill-conceived attack.

I do. And no, it wasn't.

I asked the obvious question because I could not find any supporting material on the web where Gingrich gave any specifics:

I didn't think you would. He made those comments last night and if he had evidence, I assume he would have submitted it, Just like I assumed Robert Muller would have about 2 or 3 years ago.

Unless there are specifics, what is a rational person to do with this allegation?   Just assume that Gingrich is NOT blowing smoke and actually has a specific argument to make?   That is not good enough for me.

Thanks for sharing.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Lock them up!  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    2 years ago

For what?

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
1.3  Steve Ott  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago
They have weaponized the law

No form of the word "weapon" appears within the article. The article does quote the following: "...going to face a real risk of going to jail for the kind of laws that they’re breaking," There is; however, no mention of any specific law or laws. It is all imaginary.

In what way can one infer that the law is being weaponized?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago
Donald Trump slams Jan. 6 panel after Ivanka Trump interview request: "They'll go after children"

http:// hill.cm/zrAAfGd

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

ivanka trump is 40 years old

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 years ago

She is a daughter. Do you have children?

Why is she being asked to tesify?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago

Because Trump gave her a title and a job inside the Whitehouse, and she was aware of some things occurring on or before Jan. 6th insurrection.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago

ivanka trump was an official presidential adviser to Donald Trump and was present in the White House on Jan 6.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.3    2 years ago
Because Trump gave her a title and a job inside the Whitehouse

That's not a reason to go after her.

and she was aware of some things occurring on or before Jan. 6th insurrection.

What things?

Like her farther asking for the National Guard and Nancy Pelosi rejecting it?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago

I certainly hope he doesn't have any children.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    2 years ago
ivanka trump was an official presidential adviser to Donald Trump and was present in the White House on Jan 6.

So what?

They are calling everyone connected with Trump. Why?

What do you think we are going to do with Hunter Biden next year?  The difference is that Hunter Biden actually did something that should have been investigated, but isn't really being investigated.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    2 years ago

LOTS of bad stuff on that computer of his. Hopefully the FBI hasn't erased the drive.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.8    2 years ago

Hunter Biden isn't President.  Also, there's nothing to investigate him for.  

We voted for Joe Biden, not Hunter.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.8    2 years ago

The media covered up during the election. They have a fake investigation going on right now. Notice that we haven't heard a peep on it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    2 years ago
The difference is that Hunter Biden actually did something that should have been investigated,

You seriously dont believe Trumps efforts to overthrow the election should be investigated?

You are long gone Vic. Long gone. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.9    2 years ago

We elected Donald Trump once and NOT Ivanka

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    2 years ago

You promote the BIg Lie here almost every day Vic.  [removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.11    2 years ago
You seriously dont believe Trumps efforts to overthrow the election should be investigated?

I don't know how you went from Ivanka to Hunter to Trump?

The point here is that this committee is all hand picked by Pelosi. All are Trump haters and they are most likely only involving his daughter to hurt him. Gingrich is right. We need to make Pelosi and co accountable for what they are doing.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.13    2 years ago
You promote the BIg Lie here almost every day Vic. 

Which big lie? 

Hillary Clinton's about the 2016 election? Trump's about the 2020 election? or Biden's about the next election?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.17  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago

Because nepotism.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.18  SteevieGee  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.12    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.17    2 years ago

You mean like John Kennedy having Bobby Kennedy act as AG?

I don't recall any complaints about "nepotism."  Was it a crime?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.18    2 years ago
They're clearly a package deal.  Joined at the penis.

Obviously you don't get how stupid that comment is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.19    2 years ago
I don't recall any complaints about "nepotism."  Was it a crime?

They were Democrats, so perfectly acceptable.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.22  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.20    2 years ago

If Pelosi heard that statement, she'd put him on the committee as well.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.22    2 years ago

LOL!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.24  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.9    2 years ago

Heard of pay for play? Hunter was funneling money he received for access to Biden. Biden's brother was also involved.

Hunter Biden  complained that 'half' of his salary went to paying his father's bills while he was Vice President, casting doubt on the Joe's previous claims that he's never benefited from his son's business dealings. 

The bills included a $190-a-month AT&T phone bill and thousands in repairs on Joe's lakeside home in Wilmington. 

The payments were described in a 2010 email, when  Joe Biden was earning $225,000-a-year as Vice President. He had already made well over $100,000-a-year for decades prior as a senator and author. 

Hunter, according to emails, had to foot a $190-a-month AT&T phone bill for his father, and pay for repairs to his lakeside property in Wilmington, Delaware . At the time, Hunter was working as the interim CEO of Paradigm Global Advisors and he'd also founded the investment firm Rosemont Seneca Partners. 

He joined Ukrainian gas company Burisma Holdings on its board in 2014. 

Joe has always insisted that he neither set up nor benefited from Hunter's international business relationships while he was Vice President. 

But in emails  between Hunter and Eric Schwerin, his business partner at Rosemont Seneca, in 2010, they discussed how much they needed to spend paying Joe's bills. 

The subject was 'JRB bills' - which match Joe's initials - and described how $2,600 was to be paid to a contractor for a 'stone retaining wall' at Joe's home, along with $1,475 to be paid to a painter for the 'back wall and columns' of the property and $1,239 to a builder who'd fixed the AC at Joe's late mother's home. He rented that house to the Secret Service for $2,200 a month. 

In a lengthy memo to his then-business partner, Devon Archer, who already sat on the Burisma board, Biden repeatedly mentioned “my guy” while apparently referring to then-Vice President Joe Biden.

Under President Barack Obama, the elder Biden was the point person for US policy toward Ukraine, and he held a press conference there with Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk on April 22, 2014.

Hunter Biden’s email to Archer is dated a little more than a week earlier.

“The announcement of my guys [sic] upcoming travels should be characterized as part of our advice and thinking- but what he will say and do is out of our hands,” Hunter Biden wrote on April 13, 2014.

“In other words it could be a really good thing or it could end up creating too great an expectation. We need to temper expectations regarding that visit.”

The email, labeled from Robert Biden — Hunter’s first name — is among a trove of messages, documents, photos and videos purportedly recovered from a MacBook Pro laptop that a Delaware computer shop owner told The Post was brought in for repair in April 2019 and never picked up.

In the email, Hunter Biden wrote to Archer, “We need to ask for long term agreement and across the board participation. This is a huge step for us that could easily become very complicated. And if we are not protected financially regardless of the outcome we could find ourselves frozen out of a lot of current and future opportunities.

“The contract should begin now- not after the upcoming visit of my guy.

“That should include a retainer in the range of 25k p/m w/ additional fees where appropriate for more in depth work to go to BSF for our protection. Complete separate from our respective deals re board participation.”

It’s unclear if Hunter Biden or Archer got any of the $25,000 a month ­mentioned.

Hunter Biden was reportedly paid as much as $50,000 a month by Burisma before his lawyer has said he “stepped off” the board in April 2019.

That move came amid increasing scrutiny about potential conflicts of interest involving his dad, who announced his candidacy for president that same month.

Resentful of the expectations placed on him, Hunter complained that he was forced to give half his salary to his father. 

“I hope you all can do what I did and pay for everything for this entire family for 30 years,” Hunter wrote in a 2019 text message to his daughter, Naomi, that was found on his abandoned laptop

“It’s really hard. But don’t worry, unlike Pop [Joe], I won’t make you give me half your salary.” 

There’s no direct evidence of such a wealth transfer on Hunter’s laptop. 

But what we do know is that, while Joe was vice president, Hunter routinely paid at least some of his father’s household expenses, including AT&T bills of around $190 a month. 

We know from an e-mail on June 5, 2010, with the subject “JRB bills” to Hunter from Eric Schwerin , his business partner at Rosemont Seneca, that he was expected to foot hefty bills to Wilmington contractors for maintenance and upkeep of his father’s palatial lakefront property. Joe’s initials are JRB, for Joseph Robinette Biden. 

The bills that June included $2,600 to contractor Earle Downing for a “stone retaining wall” at Joe’s Wilmington estate , $1,475 to painter Ronald Peacock to paint the “back wall and columns” of the house, and $1,239 to builder Mike Christopher for repairs to the air conditioning at the cottage of Joe’s late mother, Jean “Mom-Mom” Biden, which was on his property and which he would later rent to the Secret Service for $2,200 a month. 

“This is from last summer I think and needs to be paid pretty soon,” wrote Schwerin of Christopher’s bill. 

Another $475 “for shutters” was owed to RBI construction, of Bear, Del., about 15 minutes west of Wilmington. 

Schwerin’s e-mail to Hunter begins: “FYI, there are a few outstanding bills that need to be paid and I am not sure which ones are a priority and which should get paid out of ‘my’ account and which should be put on hold or paid out of the ‘Wilmington Trust Social Security Check Account.’ ” 

He goes on to explain “there is about $2,000 extra in ‘my’ account beyond what is used for monthly expenses.” It is unknown why Schwerin used quotation marks around “my.” But it appears the account is used, at least in part, to pay expenses for Joe. 

Hunter Biden used Joe’s VP perks to pursue deal with Carlos Slim

Three days later Schwerin writes Hunter again: “Mike Christopher [builder] is hassling me so I am paying a couple of the smaller things since I haven’t heard from your Dad. Know he’s busy — so it’s OK. But if you think he has a moment or two to review the e-mail I sent you let me know.” 

In another e-mail to Hunter on July 6, 2010, titled “JRB Future memo,” about a plan apparently devised for Joe’s future wealth management, Schwerin writes: “Does it make sense to see if your Dad has some time in the next couple of weeks while you are in DC to talk about it? Your Dad just called me about his mortgage . . . so it dawned on me to might be a good time [for] some positive news about his future earnings potential.” 

At this point, Joe had been vice president for barely 18 months of his first term. 

Other documents on the laptop suggest a mingling of Joe’s finances with Hunter’s. 

After going quiet in the months before the election, federal authorities are now actively investigating the business dealings of Hunter Biden, a person with knowledge of the probe said. His father, President-elect Joe Biden , is not implicated.

Now that the election is over, the investigation is entering a new phase. Federal prosecutors in Delaware, working with the IRS Criminal Investigation agency and the FBI, are taking overt steps such as issuing subpoenas and seeking interviews, the person with knowledge said.
Activity in the investigation had gone covert in recent months due to Justice Department guidelines prohibiting overt actions that could affect an election, the person said.
CNN contacted Biden's attorney and the campaign this week seeking comment about the investigation. On Wednesday, they released a statement acknowledging the probe.
"I learned yesterday for the first time that the U.S. Attorney's Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs. I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors," Hunter Biden said in a statement.
Investigators have been examining multiple financial issues, including whether Hunter Biden and his associates violated tax and money laundering laws in business dealings in foreign countries, principally China, according to two people briefed on the probe.
Some of those transactions involved people who the FBI believe sparked counterintelligence concerns, a common issue when dealing with Chinese business, according to another source.
The investigation began as early as 2018, predating the arrival of William Barr as US attorney general, two people briefed on the investigation said. The existence of the probe will present an immediate test of Biden's promise to maintain the independence of the Justice Department.
Sinclair Broadcast Group reported in October that the FBI had opened a criminal investigation into Hunter Biden. CNN has learned new details about the scope of the probe, including that it is focused on China.
The information they have right now should put Brandon and Brandon Jr in prison; but they are dragging their feet. Far different from the rush to injustice that has been on repeated display by the left, Democrats, Media, DOJ, intelligence agencies, and state DA's to get Trump at all costs.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1.25  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.19    2 years ago

Are you saying that asking Bobby Kennedy to testify at a hearing would have been a crime?  How about Hillary Clinton?  She testified before congress a few times.  Should those Congresspeople be jailed?  Do you think Congress should lose it's power to subpoena witnesses?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.26  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    2 years ago
and she was aware of some things occurring on or before Jan. 6th insurrection.
What things?

That's what they want to find out.  Are you not aware of how this works?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.24    2 years ago

Don't you know I don't read your endless and not true postings?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.28  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.25    2 years ago
Are you saying that asking Bobby Kennedy to testify at a hearing would have been a crime?

Obviously not, but I am saying it would be partisan BS, unbecoming of a House Committee.

How about Hillary Clinton? 

What about her?

She testified before congress a few times.  Should those Congresspeople be jailed?

Four Americans died in an attack on the American Embassy that the administration lied about. Are you saying that she shouldn't have been called?

Do you think Congress should lose it's power to subpoena witnesses?

No, but I think it should exercise that power with a modicum of integrity.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.29  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.19    2 years ago
You mean like John Kennedy having Bobby Kennedy act as AG?I don't recall any complaints about "nepotism."  Was it a crime?

You don't "recall" them?  They were all over the newspapers back then.  A lot of people protested his appointment.  Your not "recalling" them does not mean it didn't occur, and a simple Google search would have shown your "recollection" was once again incorrect.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.30  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.26    2 years ago

It's not a fishing expedition. They have real issues that should be looked into, such as why the National Guard wasn't utilized when they knew there would be a big crowd at the Capitol. Instead, they all but barred the Sergeant-at-Arms and the Speaker from questions. (And you have a glaring contradiction between what the Capitol Police are saying and what the Sergeant-at-Arms said.)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.31  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.29    2 years ago

I lived through that time. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.32  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.27    2 years ago

Don't you know I don't care? I don't post the responses for you.

Others do care; and you are a wonderful foil that shows how preprogrammed those on the left have become.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.33  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.32    2 years ago

If you didn't care, you wouldn't respond.  

Others do care; and you are a wonderful foil that shows how preprogrammed those on the left have become.

The alleged conservatives I guess who will believe any lie about the libs.

The rest of your statement is your typical nonsense.  

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.34  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.32    2 years ago

Comical considering you all are parroting exactly what the right wing wants you to.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.35  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.32    2 years ago

Then stop posting them to me.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.36  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.35    2 years ago

But why?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.37  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.36    2 years ago

Why what?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.38  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.31    2 years ago
I lived through that time.

So what?  As I said, your recollection is incorrect as a simple Google search would have shown.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.39  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.3    2 years ago

Yeah, so what if she's a daughter?  WTF does that have to with anything?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.40  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.38    2 years ago

Speaking of Bobby Kennedy and living through that time

272376585_6997517040321029_6154596007509089951_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=7yI5m46_RXMAX--Vb2p&tn=ddyv9WRSVi2y4Anp&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-krKjeANhObmksHAq1IeeXu9t8Q1x3pLR8tgBXLQ1toQ&oe=61F5D716

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3  Jack_TX    2 years ago
and they're the ones who are, in fact, I think, going to face a real risk of going to jail

Latest updates from the Professional Ridiculous Nonsense League (PRNL).

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jack_TX @3    2 years ago

ma·li·cious pros·e·cu·tion

noun

• 1.the wrongful institution of criminal proceedings against someone without reasonable grounds

I don't know if anyone on the committee would qualify, but I do believe that New York Attorney General Letitia James may be guilty. We are about a year away from a changing of the guard. We will find out if Republicans hear the Gingrich call to investigate.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

Every single one of your comments on this seed is ridiculous. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago

Really?  Is that what drew your interest or was it the name Trump?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    2 years ago

Like moths to a flame.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago

Talk about an obvious sweeping generalization 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  Jack_TX  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago
ma·li·cious pros·e·cu·tion

Have they even charged him?  

but I do believe that New York Attorney General Letitia James may be guilty.

Even if she were.... which is borderline ridiculous... she's not going to jail for it.

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
3.1.7  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago
We will find out if Republicans hear the Gingrich call to investigate.

If they do, they are just as insane as Newt appears to be...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.1.7    2 years ago

You think we should just let 'let bygones be bygones?"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jack_TX @3.1.6    2 years ago
Have they even charged him?  

Need they?  To relentlessly investigate someone without a reason should be enough.

Even if she were.... which is borderline ridiculous... she's not going to jail for it.

In certain states a conviction does carry jail time. For instance, in Nevada it's 1-4 years. I'm not sure about New York.

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
3.1.10  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.8    2 years ago
You think we should just let 'let bygones be bygones?"

No, but we do not need to be going about it in the spirit of vindictiveness like they are...

If the republicans don't come up with a plan on what to do, they will be nothing more than the democrats with a different name...

Gingrich is a self serving ass, always has been.. Does anyone remember the damage he did to the republicans while he was speaker? the deals he made with Clinton playing all his silly I gotcha games?

I can't, bygones are one thing, none of them will ever face any actual jail time... They never do...

So we can run the same dog and pony show they are or we can do better....

And it's way past time to do better...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.1.10    2 years ago
No, but we do not need to be going about it in the spirit of vindictiveness like they are...

I'm for administering the law without malice.

If the republicans don't come up with a plan on what to do, they will be nothing more than the democrats with a different name...

That is a whole other issue, but an important one. Republicans can not come back into power and simply do nothing again or they will get the boot too. This time there will be a lot to do, from legislation to cleaning out the government.

Gingrich is a self serving ass, always has been.. Does anyone remember the damage he did to the republicans while he was speaker?

He got a big head when Republicans scored big gains in Congress. I recall an assistant Dairy Buyer for a large supermarket once doing the same, so I know that it happens. He is someone who knows how congress works and let us not forget that he carried the Conservative colors when the banner was going down.

So we can run the same dog and pony show they are or we can do better....

And it's way past time to do better...

We can and should, but there are those who must be held accountable.

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
3.1.12  Nowhere Man  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.11    2 years ago

You'll get no argument on that point from me brother, just lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater... (which we have been immensely guilty of the last few times thru...

As far as Gringrich, he got so full of himself he thought he was the savior of Ronald Reagan's legacy... Ronald Reagan wouldn't give him the time of day... He perverted Reagan's legacy and did real damage to the party...

He carried the conservative colors while shouting "Look at me, Look at me" see how important I am.... He should crawl back into whatever crypt he crawled out of...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.1.10    2 years ago

You're saying Democrats/liberals/progressives are vindictive?

Talk about deflection, projection, and denial.

{chuckle}

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
3.1.14  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.13    2 years ago
{chuckle}

Thank you for that...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.1.14    2 years ago

For what?

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
3.1.16  Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.15    2 years ago

For copying my {chuckle}

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and most consider it a compliment...

Thank you.. {chuckle}

Member #1 of the Nowhere Man fan club....

You prove it every time you do it... {chuckle}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.1.16    2 years ago

That's what an arrogant and conceited person would say.  It's not flattery.  It's derision.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    2 years ago

Jail time for what?????????????????????????????????????????

Once again the gop/gqp/republicans are going to investigate the investigators for investigating the multitude of wrongdoings by the gop/gqp/republicans.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @4    2 years ago
Wait and learn.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    2 years ago

Learn what?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Newt Gingrich is the Hillary Clinton of the Republican Party.  A divisive, bitter, whiny political has-been trying to be the voice of the GOP only continues the party's struggle for relevance.

The House committee is not going to capture public attention.  The electorate is not on the edge of their seats waiting for more dirt.  The only achievement of the Jan. 6 committee, investigating someone who is NOT the sitting President, has been creating a wall of resentment, recrimination, and revenge.  Gingrich is only playing the whiny victim card the same way Clinton does.  Gingrich, like Clinton, is a political grifter seizing an opportunity to be more relevant than he deserves.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @5    2 years ago
The House committee is not going to capture public attention. 

There are going to be public hearings that will prove beyond a doubt that Trump tried to steal the election. If that doesnt capture public attention then America is doomed. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago

Not everyone in America is as enamored with all things Trump as you are, JR.

Some of us have actually moved on.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago

The American public doesn't care what happened on January 6th any more than they do about climate change...in other words, not much.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago
There are going to be public hearings that will prove beyond a doubt that Trump tried to steal the election.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls it tolls for thee!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.4  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago
There are going to be public hearings that will prove beyond a doubt that Trump tried to steal the election. If that doesnt capture public attention then America is doomed. 

How could Trump possibly steal the election?  State governments would not have accepted the legitimacy of Trump remaining in office.  The other two branches of the Federal government would not have accepted the legitimacy of Trump remaining in office.

Democrats are investigating something that could not happen.  The biggest danger to America is the continued delusion that some sort of revolution can overthrow the Federal government.  The Federal government can't even force people to wear a mask.  The Federal government can't even persuade its own military to get vaccinated.  How do you think a coup could possibly succeed?

Democrats have gone Q anon over Trump.

Gingrich is feeding a delusion the same way Clinton did.  And for the same reasons.  The press ain't the brightest people on the planet.  But the press is very good at creating conspiracy theories and gaslighting the public.  That's how the press makes money.  That's how Gingrich and Clinton remain relevant, too.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.4    2 years ago

Been telling them basically the same thing for months. And ya get "but Trump" constantly.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.6  Nerm_L  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.5    2 years ago
Been telling them basically the same thing for months. And ya get "but Trump" constantly.

When has Q anon listened to facts and logic?  The select House committee investigating Jan 6 is foisting a conspiracy theory onto the pubic in the delusional belief that it's going to change anything.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago
There are going to be public hearings that will prove beyond a doubt that Trump tried to steal the election.

Would these "public hearings" be anything like the public hearings when Democrats tried the same thing with their "investigation" into Trump that was based on the mumblings of a failed Presidential candidate and the fictitious opposition  research?

Funny that you choose to ignore that JR.  

Greg is correct in 51.2.  The general public really doesn't care about the Jan 6 Protest.  We are more worried about the fall of this country that started14 days later.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.6    2 years ago

It won't save them next year.

28 House democrats got the message!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.4    2 years ago
How could Trump possibly steal the election? 

The word 'tried' is operative word in: "...Trump tried to steal the election."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.4    2 years ago
How could Trump possibly steal the election?  State governments would not have accepted the legitimacy of Trump remaining in office.  The other two branches of the Federal government would not have accepted the legitimacy of Trump remaining in office. Democrats are investigating something that could not happen.  The biggest danger to America is the continued delusion that some sort of revolution can overthrow the Federal government.  The Federal government can't even force people to wear a mask.  The Federal government can't even persuade its own military to get vaccinated.  How do you think a coup could possibly succeed?

Nonsense. Trump wanted state legislatures to override the initial electoral count and name him the real winner of a states electoral votes. Would states have done it? Probably not, but one doesnt have to have succeeded at a crime to be guilty of it. Someone can be prosecuted for bank robbery whether they got away with any money or not. 

Where is the EVIDENCE that Democrats stole the election?  Where is the fricking evidence?  14 1/2 months later Trump is STILL claiming the election was stolen from him. WHEN are any conservatives going to confront this travesty?

UNTIL the majority of conservatives DENOUNCE and condemn Donald Trump this country is going nowhere. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.11  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago

Is that what the Jan 6th commission is supposed to be investigating? Or are they supposed to be trying to find out why Jan 6th happened so it never happens again?

This is no different than the Russian collusion Mueller BS investigation; or the Ukraine investigation. Democrats are leaking select information to their media lemmings to further their agenda of "Get Trump at all costs". They are burying any and all information that shows how full of shit they are. They are completing ignoring any and all Democrat involvement in the Jan 6th riot. Putting Pelosi and the Mayor off limits for turning down Trump's offer of National Guard for extra security.

They are also not questioning FBI involvement/incitement the two days prior. People that the FBI wanted found for questioning for their actions suddenly dropped from the list and no charges filed. Not to mention there was an FBI informant involved.

The FBI also had their elite unites in place on Jan 6th; but never bothered to use them. If the situation was as dire as the TDS morons like to claim why weren't they deployed?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.9    2 years ago

Tried, so using the courts and system that is in place to contest an election is now stealing.

Then you should be absolutely livid Biden and the Democrats trying to steal the next election with their "voters right's bill" BS. Biden is already pulling a Trump by stating the next elections will be stolen if the bill isn't passed.

“I’m not saying it’s going to be legit. The increase in the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these reforms passed,” Biden said during his second solo press conference at the White House, referring to the 2022 election. 

So while Democrats are desperately trying to lock up Trump; they better save some room for Biden, Harris, and themselves in that prison.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.12    2 years ago

You do not realize that Trump tried to steal the election???

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.13    2 years ago

Unbelievable the lengths some people go to just to protect donald...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.15  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.13    2 years ago

Its hard to tell if people are really stupid or just liars.  They are wearing out their welcome though.  Will this ever end? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.15    2 years ago
Its hard to tell if people are really stupid or just liars. 

Either way, I will likely never understand why anyone would intentionally present themselves as stupid or as a liar.   Is this trashing of one's own credibility seen as some kind of selfless act for the party?    jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.16    2 years ago

It seems as though a sizable part of the conservative mindset has fallen prey to conspiracy thinking, on a large and constant scale over the past decade or two.  This is not an insignificant development in the history of this nation. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.18  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.17    2 years ago

What about Biden's big lie that the 2022 midterms could be illegitimate?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.18    2 years ago
What about Biden's big lie that the 2022 midterms could be illegitimate?

First, I think Biden's assessment is wrong and politically dumb to express.

Second, he did not lie ... he offered his opinion on what might be possible.   Big damn difference between that and lying (and certainly when comparing to Trump's Big Lie).   Your comparison is absurd.   Trump did not just opine on what could happen, he blatantly lied, repeatedly, even still today, that election of 2020 was rigged.   And he acted on his lies.    Biden simply offered his opinion that the midterms could be illegitimate.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.20  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.9    2 years ago

No, he did not.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.21  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.18    2 years ago

The self delusion of those who actually think that Trump tried to steal the 2020 election knows no rational or objective bounds at all.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.21    2 years ago

You deny indisputable facts. This is truly pathetic.

Trump tried to overturn the results of the election using the authority of his office and against the Constitution:

• He lied claiming that he won the election but was cheated due to fraud.
  • He tried to suborn an unconstitutional act from his own V.P. — tried to get Pence to table counts of select states he lost to try to win through all other states.
  • He tried to get officials to 'find votes' so that he could win states he lost (e.g. Georgia).
  • He tried to get state legislators to override the votes in their states (e.g. Michigan)
  • He encouraged his supporters to fight against the 'fraud' and to protest the count (after months of working them up with lies of a fraudulent election).

Denying facts that do not fit your desires is confirmation bias which leads to living in a false reality and, thus, being wrong most of the time.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
5.1.23  Transyferous Rex  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.4    2 years ago
The biggest danger to America is the continued delusion that some sort of revolution can overthrow the Federal government. 

Followed by the delusion that, if given the chance (even if the charges were legitimate) the republicans would prosecute anyone on the left. This is as close as it gets to pro-wrestling, back in the days when the wrestlers all rode to the venue in the same vehicle, helped set the ring up, hated each other for the duration of the show, then tore down and moved to the next venue. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.24  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 years ago

If there was evidence to charge him with a crime, they'd have done it already.

They're going to spend the next 6 months "investigating" and dragging this shit out as a desperate attempt to divert attention away from how poorly everything else is going. 

Then, about 10 days before the election, they're going to release a "shocking" report that basically says they've found evidence that Donald Trump is a terrible person and eats tacos with a fork.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.25  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.10    2 years ago
Trump wanted state legislatures to override the initial electoral count and name him the real winner of a states electoral votes.

I'm sure he wanted a lot of things.  

One definitely has to be charged with a crime to be convicted of it.  They've been on this for a year.  If there was any worthwhile evidence, we'd all know it by now.

UNTIL the majority of conservatives DENOUNCE and condemn Donald Trump this country is going nowhere. 

Oh good grief.  What is it with liberals and "denouncing"?  Seriously, if everybody denounced everything they demand we denounce we'd all have to quit our jobs and become full time denouncers.

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
5.1.26  Nowhere Man  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.4    2 years ago
Gingrich is feeding a delusion the same way Clinton did.  And for the same reasons.  The press ain't the brightest people on the planet.  But the press is very good at creating conspiracy theories and gaslighting the public.  That's how the press makes money.  That's how Gingrich and Clinton remain relevant, too.

Bingo!!! Newt is delusional, always has been always will be... I would vote for Slick Willie before I would EVER vote for Newt...

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.27  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.13    2 years ago

You do not realize that he didn't? In no way shape or form did he "steal the election". He used every damn legal means to try and over turn it and failed. He asked for recounts and tried to strong arm election officials- he failed at all of those as well. He threw a hail marry trying to get Congress to overturn it and failed. The election was not stolen. The system worked.

Now care to comment on the human fuck up machine in the White House stating that if the Democrats attempt at rewriting the Constitution and making all elections federal run doesn't pass the mid terms will not be valid?

This is a real attempt to steal elections; and the left are all on board because it will put Democrats in charge. One party rule has worked well so far with them in charge./S

This fixation that Democrats and the left will come to an end one way or another at mid terms. A good solid dose of getting voted out of office will be just what is needed. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.27    2 years ago

He 'tried to' - what legal  means??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.29  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.27    2 years ago
You do not realize that he didn't? In no way shape or form did he "steal the election".

If you cannot debate a point, change the point eh?    Engaging in intellectual dishonesty is pathetic.

TiG @5.1.13You do not realize that Trump tried to steal the election???

Dishonest tactics illustrate the lack of a sound argument and destroy credibility for future exchanges.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.30  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.4    2 years ago
The press ain't the brightest people on the planet.  But the press is very good at creating conspiracy theories and gaslighting the public.  

And that's exactly how the idea that Biden is even remotely a better candidate than Trump.  

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.31  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.29    2 years ago

The denial is amazing...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.32  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @5.1.31    2 years ago

Sadly it happens all the time.   Some are beyond reasoning with.   Even a single sentence will be distorted to fit into the special little artificial reality they have carved out.   

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.33  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.9    2 years ago
The word 'tried' is operative word in: "...Trump tried to steal the election."

Trump 'tried' to use institutional government and legal means to challenge the legitimacy of the election.  Seeking remedies in the courts is legal.  Petitioning legislatures is legal.  Invoking and applying bureaucratic procedures and regulations is legal.

Trump challenging the legitimacy of the election may have been stupid - but - was not illegal.  Trump did what the law allows.  The narrative that 'Trump tried to steal the election' highlights what the law allows.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.34  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.10    2 years ago
Nonsense. Trump wanted state legislatures to override the initial electoral count and name him the real winner of a states electoral votes. Would states have done it? Probably not, but one doesnt have to have succeeded at a crime to be guilty of it. Someone can be prosecuted for bank robbery whether they got away with any money or not. 

As the summer of violent protest demonstrated, petitioning legislatures and administrative government through protest is legal and protected by the Constitution.  Violent protest is protected free speech.  And several state and district attorneys determined that prosecutions for violent protest are not warranted.  Trump did not set any precedent. 

Where is the EVIDENCE that Democrats stole the election?  Where is the fricking evidence?  14 1/2 months later Trump is STILL claiming the election was stolen from him. WHEN are any conservatives going to confront this travesty?  

Trump used institutional government and legal means to challenge the legitimacy of the election according to what the law allows.  

Democrats have rigged the laws and regulations so that stealing elections is legal.  Election day has become election month.  Five weeks of voting allows the press, political parties, and activist groups to manipulate the elections - and - that's legal.  The candidates are exerting less influence over elections than third party entities who are not accountable to voters.  And that's legal because the election process has been rigged.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.35  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.33    2 years ago

Even if trying to suborn his VP to engage in an unconstitutional act or trying to coerce officials to lie is not found to be illegal that does not change the fact that Trump tried to steal the election.

And that is what I stated so your ‘rebuttal’ is (big surprise) yet another strawman.

Why do you defend Trump’s Big Lie actions?   Do you condone such behavior by a sitting PotUS?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.36  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.35    2 years ago
Even if trying to suborn his VP to engage in an unconstitutional act or trying to coerce officials to lie is not found to be illegal that does not change the fact that Trump tried to steal the election.

Why would the VP exercising authority under the law be unconstitutional?  

The argument you've made is based upon assumptions concerning legality rather than based upon the law and regulations.  

Why do you defend Trump’s Big Lie actions?   Do you condone such behavior by a sitting PotUS?

Why do you make arguments that can't be defended?  If Trump's 'Big Lie' is illegal then there should be no difficulty indicting and prosecuting Trump.  In case you haven't noticed, there haven't been any sort of charges floated over Trump using institutional government, the courts, and what is allowed by law to challenge the legitimacy of the election.

The House attempted to impeach Trump in absentia for fomenting insurrection.  The House special committee is investigating the so called insurrection; the House committee isn't investigating the 'Big Lie'.  That's because seeking remedies in the courts, petitioning legislatures, and invoking and applying bureaucratic procedures and regulations are all legal.  Trump's 'Big Lie' may be stupid but it's legal.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.37  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.36    2 years ago
Why would the VP exercising authority under the law be unconstitutional?  

It would not be.   I said that Trump to get Pence to commit an unconstitutional act (tabling certified votes from select states).  

The argument you've made is based upon assumptions concerning legality rather than based upon the law and regulations.  

Wrong.   You imposed legal, not me.   'Legal' is your strawman.  

If Trump's 'Big Lie' is illegal ...

And you return with the 'illegal' strawman.    Pathetic that you cannot engage without such dishonesty.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5.1.38  Nerm_L  replied to  TᵢG @5.1.37    2 years ago
It would not be.   I said that Trump to get Pence to commit an unconstitutional act (tabling certified votes from select states). 

Who says tabling certified votes is unconstitutional?  Congress really does have the authority to nullify state election results.  That's what the Congressional procedure to certify results of a Presidential election allows.  Otherwise Congress interposing itself between the electorate and the elected office of President would be unconstitutional.

Wrong.   You imposed legal, not me.   'Legal' is your strawman.  

What criteria other than legality are applicable?  

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.39  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.38    2 years ago

So you are for taking the vote away from the people...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.40  TᵢG  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.38    2 years ago
What criteria other than legality are applicable?  

Truth.   If you cheat on a test, you have not broken a law but you did cheat and produced a result that was ethically and actually wrong.   Trying to steal an election = attempting to produce a result that goes against that which was determined by the voters.    See?  

Who says tabling certified votes is unconstitutional?

You are not embarrassed to ask why Pence tabling certified votes to remove states in which Trump lost is against the CotUS??  

If a VP tables votes simply because doing so is part of a plan to disenfranchise the voters of select states in order to enable Trump to claim victory, that goes against the CotUS that he is sworn to uphold.   Using powers of office to falsely disenfranchise states should register with you as something that goes against our constitution.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.41  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @5.1.39    2 years ago
Who says tabling certified votes is unconstitutional?

Can you believe these fucking 'arguments'? 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.42  JBB  replied to  Nerm_L @5.1.38    2 years ago

Who thinks that way? Your bunch of disparate statements does not overcome the fact your clear intent is to excuse an attempted coup!

No crime is worse than subverting elections.

Yes, Congress could have and Vice President Pence could have but it would have been the gravest crime ever against our Republic...

What about that do you fail to be able to get?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.43  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.2    2 years ago

Correction, trumpturd supporters and enablers and deniers don't care what happened on 1/6/21 and are doing their best to project, deflect, deny - all they got.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.44  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.21    2 years ago
"The self delusion of those who actually think that Trump tried to steal the 2020 election knows no rational or objective bounds at all."
Speaking of self delusion jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

What a Bizarro World/Alternate reality where some choose to reside.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
5.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  Nerm_L @5    2 years ago
Newt Gingrich is the Hillary Clinton of the Republican Party.  A divisive, bitter, whiny political has-been trying to be the voice of the GOP only continues the party's struggle for relevance.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @5.2    2 years ago

I agree with you regarding Newt.  It's bogus regarding Hillary. 

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

{chuckle}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    2 years ago

Just because trumpturd and his mobs of domestic terrorists didn't get away with it - nothing should be done, right Nerm?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @6    2 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @6    2 years ago

Let’s go Brandon and his mobs of domestic terrorists did get away with it, stealing the election.  What should be done?  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2    2 years ago

How is it possible to so distort one's reality where one views Biden stealing the election in 2020 even when the evidence overwhelmingly contradicts that utterly stupid belief?

Gordy327
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @6.2.1    2 years ago

It's not a distortion of reality. It's a total disconnect from it.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Gordy327 @6.2.2    2 years ago

Whatever it is, it is bizarre and dangerous (given this is not an isolated case).

Gordy327
Professor Guide
6.2.4  Gordy327  replied to  TᵢG @6.2.3    2 years ago

Don't forget delusional too.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @6.2.1    2 years ago
A Rasmussen Reports survey published late last week found that 47 percent of all likely U.S. voters believe “it’s likely that Democrats stole votes or destroyed pro-Trump ballots in several states” during the 2020 presidential election earlier this month.

“More specifically, 61 percent of Republicans claimed that it’s ‘very likely’ Democrats stole the election, while the same portion of Democrats said it’s ‘not at all likely,'” the pollster reported.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/11/25/rasmussen-reports-almost-half-of-americans-believe-dems-stole-election-but-dont-try-to-word-it-this-way-999552/

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @6.2.2    2 years ago

One year later, 3 in 4 Republicans still claim Joe Biden ‘stole’ the 2020 election

https://www.studyfinds.org/republicans-biden-2020-election/

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @6.2.3    2 years ago

It is something that will haunt Brandon for the rest of his Presidency 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.7    2 years ago

There is that bizarre distorted reality again.   The damage is to the GOP for not condemning the Big Lie.

This is not a difference of opinion.   This is factually, demonstrably a profound lie supporting an attempt (for the first time in our history) to steal a presidential election ... by the incumbent no less.   There is no way that history will treat the GOP (and Trump) favorably for this.

How you and others cannot see this is sad.

You are actually claiming that Biden stole the election and did not leave even a whiff of smoke much less the smoking gun.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.2.9  Jack_TX  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.7    2 years ago
It is something that will haunt Brandon for the rest of his Presidency

Nahhh.  

By August the recession will have made you forget all about it.

Gordy327
Professor Guide
6.2.10  Gordy327  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2.5    2 years ago

Same old tripe, no facts. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @6.2.1    2 years ago

It's Bizarro world here - where everything is the exact opposite of the truth.  

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.12  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.11    2 years ago

All the thought going into all these Trumpist's prevarications makes it even more egregious.

A complicated web they spun for themselves 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.13  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2    2 years ago
Let’s go Brandon and his mobs of domestic terrorists did get away with it, stealing the election.

That is without question the stupidest comment I have read on NT in my time as a member.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2.14  TᵢG  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.13    2 years ago

And that, G2, is saying something.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.15  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @6.2.13    2 years ago

Seems that he is reaching for a new low or a new high in stupidity. 

Successfully I might add.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.2.16  JBB  replied to  Kavika @6.2.15    2 years ago

Yes, "Ridiculousness". Bizarro World Delusion!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.17  Gsquared  replied to  TᵢG @6.2.14    2 years ago

There is really nothing else that can be said about it.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.18  Gsquared  replied to  Kavika @6.2.15    2 years ago

Successfully and disgracefully.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    2 years ago

272654781_10226831400872566_1444259142043255751_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=1V5HTUzdePkAX_Ko2C6&tn=ddyv9WRSVi2y4Anp&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8WaoKc5jiMuTBUmiC1XxXjhMTltd99sqiPcZuNWriHcw&oe=61F49F67

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1  Gsquared  replied to  Tessylo @7    2 years ago

Bingo!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8  Gsquared    2 years ago

Gingrich could face jail time for criminal stupidity.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @8    2 years ago

I think it's thanks to this scumbag (for a lot if not most) of all the hostilities against Democrats from republicans - started with this asshole during the Clinton years.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    2 years ago

Someone forgot the poo being flung from democrats in congress toward Reagan and Bush 41 that predates anything Gingrich ever directed at Clinton. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.1    2 years ago

Y'all need to stop living in the past and in your alternate reality. 

Gordy327
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    2 years ago

There are thosevwho seem to prefer to live in the past. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gsquared @8    2 years ago

By that standard Biden would be in prison for life.  He’s the definition of criminally stupid!  

Gsquared
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Gsquared  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.2    2 years ago

Comment 8.2 represents the definition criminal stupidity.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @8.2.1    2 years ago

Every single comment demonstrates that.  

JBB
Professor Principal
9  JBB    2 years ago

No wonder Newt Gingrich got run out of DC on a rail.

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
10  Nowhere Man    2 years ago

If Ronald Reagan could have done it, Newt would have been run out of the republican party on a red hot rail.... with spikes up his butt...

Just in case anyone thinks Newt is some kind of conservative elder statesman, (or god for that matter)

I remember the day Newt wrangled himself a trip home from some photo op on Airforce One, he wanted to get a seat near Ronnie so he could ingratiate himself... Reagan told his chief of staff to keep him as far away from him as possible... they placed him all the way in the back of the plane... Reagan and most of us were long off the plane before Newt was even allowed to exit the plane... The reason Newt didn't become speaker until Reagan was out of office was cause Reagan deliberately held him back...

Reagan did not like Newt cause Newt is all about himself 24/7/365

Newt does nothing unless there is something in it for himself... Newt made Clinton a better president than he otherwise would have been with that asinine "Contract with America" crap...

The Republican party isn't going anywhere with Newt advising them...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1  Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man @10    2 years ago

"The Republican party isn't going anywhere with Newt advising them..."

or trumpturd.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @10.1    2 years ago

Come midterms they will be going a hell of a lot further than Democrats in Congress.