╌>

Russia threatens 'appropriate measures' if West's responses to demands aren't constructive

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  75 comments

By:   Lawrence Richard (Fox News)

Russia threatens 'appropriate measures' if West's responses to demands aren't constructive
Russia's top diplomat on Wednesday promised to take appropriate measures if the West's response to Moscow's security demands is not found to be constructive.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Russia's top diplomat on Wednesday promised to take appropriate measures if the West's response to Moscow's security demands is not found to be constructive.

The U.S. agreed with Russia that it would answer questions regarding NATO's military presence in the region. The Kremlin has accused the West of a military expansion that raises security concerns for Moscow, Reuters reported. The report said Ukraine had no objections to the U.S. responses.

"If we do not receive a constructive answer from the west on our security demands, Moscow will take appropriate measures," Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in a statement, Reuters reported.

Russia is seeking sweeping security measures and the guarantee that Ukraine will not be allowed to join the transatlantic NATO alliance.

The statement comes after Ukraine approved a list of actions the U.S. has promised to take to avert a military crisis.

Ukraine Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said his country was completely behind the U.S. and President Biden regarding the negotiating effort, Reuters reported.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has a "menu of options" for taking hostile action toward Ukraine, Fox News contributor Daniel Hoffman said to Fox News Digital on Tuesday.

"He could blockade the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov," Hoffman said, highlighting the 100,000 Russian troops Putin has stationed at the border with Ukraine. "He could launch a full-throttle assault on Kyiv, which we would obviously see. He could also use his Spetsnaz guys, special forces guys — and they're inside Ukraine already — to topple this Zelensky government. That's also an option."

"I have a high level of confidence Putin will do something," Hoffman added. "As far as what that is, I'm not even sure if Putin has decided yet."

The White House has previously urged Americans to leave Ukraine.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Like a barroom bully with a sixth sense for weakness, Putin is now laser focused on the cognitive mess known as Joe Biden. All of those who cast a vote for Biden need to pay close attention. Enjoy the dance.

China couldn't be happier!

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

(deleted)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to    2 years ago

The far right will choose any dictatorial government over the current legitimately elected US one.  They embarrass themselves every day. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.7    2 years ago
The far right will choose any dictatorial government over the current legitimately elected US one. 

What about the midterms?  Will they be legitimate?  Biden says they are in question.

And how about China?  How do you guys feel about China?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    2 years ago
What about the midterms?  Will they be legitimate?  Biden says they are in question.

Follow the evidence.   Do you see any evidence that the midterms will be illegitimate?   No?  Then forget about Biden's poor answer and wait until evidence arises to cause a concern.

And how about China?  How do you guys feel about China?

They are a trading partner and a competitor.   It is a symbiotic adversarial relationship.

As for your seed (assuming you wanted to discuss the actual seed), the seed focuses on the Ukraine posturing.   You chose to make this about Biden with the implicit argument that the only reason Putin is making his maneuvers is because Biden is weak and then implicitly arguing that Biden never should have been elected.   Well if Trump had not been such an asshole and did not try to talk down the pandemic in a failed attempt to talk up the economy then Biden would have NOT been elected.

Biden is the PotUS.   Best to deal with that and support the USA in a positive way.   That is, hope that the Biden administration will navigate this well.   It would be very bad (for the planet) if this is not properly handled and I would hate to think that USA R partisans are chomping at the bit hoping for a failure merely for petty partisan reasons.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    2 years ago
The far right will choose any dictatorial government over the current legitimately elected US one.  They embarrass themselves every day. 

You dont seem to have disagreed with that statement, which is interesting. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.9    2 years ago
Follow the evidence.

Like you're doing with Joe Biden?

Do you see any evidence that the midterms will be illegitimate?  

It's not what I see, it's what Biden said. He called into question the next election if his "voting bill" didn't get past. It didn't pass. Where is your consistency TiG?  What happened to "critical thinking?"

They are a trading partner and a competitor.

They are America's main enemy and the regime that unleashed covid on the world!  It's time you learned that.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.12  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    2 years ago
Like you're doing with Joe Biden?

Yes, exactly as I am doing with Biden.

It's not what I see, it's what Biden said.

What, you did not actually read my comment??   Note what I wrote:

TiG @1.1.9Then forget about Biden's poor answer and wait until evidence arises to cause a concern.

Don't give me that critical thinking bullshit when you fail to read my comments (or ignore them and insert your own response for me).

They are America's main enemy and the regime that unleashed covid on the world!  It's time you learned that.

I think you need to tone down your emotion.    And what kind of stupid retort is "It's time you learned that".   Do you think anyone is unaware that COVID-19 originated in China?   Also, do you not understand that 'adversarial relationship" is simply a rational assessment rather than the emotive "main enemy"?   You cannot accept that China is an adversary (which connotes opposition ... at odds ... competitor, etc.) ... no, you must go to the emotional extreme and declare "main enemy".    Less emotion, more reasoning.

Seems to me you would do better to hold off on the spin and the emotion and focus on what people write.   Deal with the facts rather than engage in failed, dishonest attacks.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.12    2 years ago

I agree with the symbiotic relationship with China. Sort of a rely on what each other offers and takes. We don't really have that type of relationship with Russia, so putin more or less has nothing to lose.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.12    2 years ago

Maybe you can at least answer this:

Did Biden tell a big lie?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Ender @1.1.13    2 years ago

This is not to Ender.

Part of this thread was removed for no value.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.14    2 years ago
Maybe you can at least answer this:

Implying that I have dodged some question.   Which question did I dodge?

Did Biden tell a big lie?

Are you asking if Biden engaged in behavior equivalent to what Trump did in his Big Lie?   Or are you asking if Biden has ever lied?   Be specific, what lie are you referring to?

If this helps, it is well known that Biden lies.   It is well known that most politicians lie.   So if you are trying to compare Trump's Big Lie con-job ensure you actually have an apples to apples comparison.   Because simply lying does not ipso facto equate with Trump's Big Lie.

Okay, so what is the lie you have in mind?   Be clear if you want an answer.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.7    2 years ago

So calling out the human fuck up machine that the left installed into the Oval office is being equated with supporting Putin.

The left are an embarrassment to this country.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

They used to say that Putin could play a bad hand well.

Along came Biden.

Now Putin holds a strong hand.

lQ7Eo8EK?format=jpg&name=small

The sun is setting in the Ukraine and in DC.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

Obviously Putin is just looking to rationalize entering Ukraine and blaming it on us.  I assume he is doing it in order to make his own people believe that he is doing it for their own good and security.  I don't know if the Russian people are dumb enough to buy what he is selling (or if he even really cares) but it seems Putin is betting that his people are as dumb as the far left wing here since they seem to believe whatever Joe and his minions tell them to.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
"I have a high level of confidence Putin will do something,"

Of course Putin will do something.  He knows a response from the US would be delayed due to the incompetent clod in the WH.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    2 years ago

Putin clearly missed Donald Trump.  He wouldn’t even have to ask his former lap dog if he minds Russia invading Ukraine.  Like any other Don, Trump would simply turn his head and hold out his palm for the payoff.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    2 years ago

Then why didn't he?  Why did he wait for Joe?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    2 years ago
 He wouldn’t even have to ask his former lap dog if he minds Russia invading Ukraine.

That's why Putin never dared made a move when Trump was President.  Ahhh but along came the anti-American left and a weak idiot named Biden!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    2 years ago
Ahhh but along came the anti-American left and a weak idiot named Biden!

Well hopefully the Biden administration will handle this properly.   Would that be a good thing?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    2 years ago

Perhaps he just wasn’t ready yet?  It’s not like this is a move that can be made at the flick of a switch.  I saw last night that Russia’s brand new “oceanic research ship” (Yantar) is the suspect in two undersea cable cutting incidents.  Don’t be surprised when these incidents become more common and economically devastating retaliatory moves by your pal Putin.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.1    2 years ago
Would that be a good thing?

If he does, I'll be the first to give him credit.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.4  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.3    2 years ago

Good answer.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.2    2 years ago

Do you really believe it is possible he wasn't ready?  I believe he has been ready since 2014.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.6  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Right Down the Center @5.2.5    2 years ago

Who knows why Putin does what Putin does.  He likely hatches stealthy plans years in advance.  He’s an ex-KGB agent with the sly sensibilities to place himself in the top position of power in his country indefinitely.  The last thing he would do is something that is predictable.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.1    2 years ago
Well hopefully the Biden administration will handle this properly. 

He'll fuck this up just like his retreat from Afghanistan.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.8  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.7    2 years ago

I suggest that you not even hint that you can look at the political world objectively.  

Here is my prediction.   No matter what Biden does, you et. al. will deem it a failure.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.8    2 years ago

He has been a failure for 50 years?  FFS pull your head from your 4th Point Of Contact.  The man has been on the wrong side of EVERY foreign policy since he started his political career.  You can get on youtube and see that he is actually the racist that the left claims Trump was.  "If you don't know if your for me or Trump then you ain't black".  What stupid fuck says that while in an interview with a black host?

Now that he's POTUS there are more failures:

• Inflation at a 40 year high
  • How's that Supply chain is a train wreck
  • The “withdrawal” from Afghanistan.  That was an all out retreat and at the same time he armed our enemies.
  • How’s it feel knowing yet ANOTHER Democrat President has done nothing to avert yet another war
  • How’s that “I’ll end the pandemic” working?
  • How about that southern border security?  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.2.10  TᵢG  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.9    2 years ago
FFS pull your head from your 4th Point Of Contact. 

Tone down the emotional attack rhetoric.  

Your listing Biden's failures (and you express -exaggerate- each in the worst possible light) as PotUS simply illustrates my point:   'no matter what Biden does with the Ukraine, you will deem it a failure'.   It is obvious.   Your focus is strictly negative.   You cannot even wait to see what he does before crying failure.   Get a grip.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.10    2 years ago
Tone down the emotional attack rhetoric.

Are you my mother?  No?  Get over it.

Your focus is strictly negative..

My focus is reality.  

You cannot even wait to see what he does before crying failure.

We've seen what he does.  Have seen it for 50 years.  He's a failure.

But, hey, no more mean tweets.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @5.2.4    2 years ago
[removed]

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3  Ronin2  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    2 years ago

Was it Trump that dropped US sanctions on the Nord Stream II pipeline w/o getting anything in return from Putin? No, that would be Brandon.

Did Putin or Xi ever dream of trying this shit when Trump was President? No, they waited for the human fuck up machine that now occupies the Oval Office thanks to the left.

Reality and the left have a complete disconnect.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3    2 years ago

Reality and the left have a complete disconnect.

Says the guy who coddles Donald Trump - the worst, most embarrassing POTUS in history, the guy who cozies up to totalitarian dictators, the guy who wrote Kim Jong-un literal love letters.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.1    2 years ago
the worst, most embarrassing POTUS in history

Have you paid ANY attention to what's been going on for the last year?

How’s that inflation coming? 

How's that supply chain working out?

How did that “withdrawal” from Afghanistan go? 

How’s it feel knowing yet ANOTHER Democrat President has done nothing to avert yet another war? 

How’s that “I’ll end the pandemic” working?

How about that southern border security? 

How do you like the increase in violent crime as a result of the lefts retarded “Defund the Police” shit? 

But, hey, on the positive side, you don't have any more mean tweets.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.3.3  bugsy  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.2    2 years ago

Well, MSDNC and CNN have not told them about these things, so you informing them here is the first they have heard of them.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  bugsy @5.3.3    2 years ago

That, honestly, doesn't surprise me.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.3.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.2    2 years ago

Have you paid ANY attention to what's been going on for the last year?

Yes.  For anyone who has not been brainwashed by right wing lies, misdirection, projection, and inability to offer alternative solutions to complex problems it has been an incredible change of pace from the prior four years.

How’s that inflation coming? 

It happens.  Inflation isn’t caused or fixed by one man or even one administration, it’s a natural course of the US economy.  Had Trump not LOST like he most definitely did, it would be occurring on his watch.

How's that supply chain working out?

I have yet to experience anything close to a lack of supply of anything I have needed or even wanted since the pandemic temporarily took the toilet paper off the shelves.  

How did that “withdrawal” from Afghanistan go? 

Lol - the one your idol could not make happen if he had ten terms in office?  The guy who ran of getting us out of Afghanistan?  Again, unless you can provide a feasible alternative solution to a complex problem like Afghanistan you’re just another hyperventilating blowhard.

How’s it feel knowing yet ANOTHER Democrat President has done nothing to avert yet another war? 

Avert what war?  Are we at war?!  What would you say if Joe Biden went behind the back of congress to assassinate a foreign military leader?

How’s that “I’ll end the pandemic” working?

That’s about as meaningful as a mafia member commenting on how bad the law enforcement is in their town.  If your side is going out of its way to ensure that something can’t happen just to spite the other side, then it’s your side that is the fucking problem.

How about that southern border security? 

Are you experiencing problems from the so-called open border?  Please enlighten us as to all the setbacks you and your acquaintances have experienced from the supposed massive flood of brown rapists and drug dealers.

How do you like the increase in violent crime as a result of the lefts retarded “Defund the Police” shit? 

More hyperventilating about terms you over-sensationalize and fail to even understand.  Meanwhile your side literally fights to make firearms as easy and plentiful to obtain as humanly possible, regardless of one’s mental state.

The ease with which you rattle off all these bullshit talking points is indicative of what the real problem is in this country - extreme partisanship from the party of NO.  It’s been happening at an ever increasing intensity ever since our side had the audacity to put a black man in the White House.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.5    2 years ago
[deleted]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.3.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.6    2 years ago

[deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.7    2 years ago
[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.8    2 years ago

What truth have you ever provided?  About anything?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.10  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.5    2 years ago

"The ease with which you rattle off all these bullshit talking points is indicative of what the real problem is in this country - extreme partisanship from the party of NO.  It’s been happening at an ever increasing intensity ever since our side had the audacity to put a black man in the White House."

This is for everything you said above in counter to Jeremy and especially  this

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

The agnorance from the party of NO is so overwhelming.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.3.11  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.8    2 years ago

Can you read?  Every ridiculous point you made was refuted.  The ignorance of your OAN talking points is what’s offensive.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.3.12  TᵢG  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.11    2 years ago

Facts?   We don't need no stinkin' facts.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.3.13  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.11    2 years ago
Every ridiculous point you made was refuted.

No.  You gave OPINION and attempted insults. Not a single item was refuted.  You may have just posted meme's like another person here on NT.  At least that would be more entertaining.  You would have still accomplished nothing but entertaining nonetheless.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.14  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.3.13    2 years ago

Yes indeed he did refute every one of your bogus points.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.3.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.3.11    2 years ago
very ridiculous point you made was refuted.

I don't think you know what refute means.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

An image sure to strike fear in the heart of Putin:

FJ-KGEtWQAIIQqA?format=jpg&name=small

Biden emerges from the Ice Cream Parlor

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago

What is wrong with Biden getting an ice-cream cone?     What's the next photo ... a shot of Biden missing a putt?

Somehow your answer @5.2.3 now seems less honest:

If he does [properly handle Russia], I'll be the first to give him credit.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  TᵢG @6.1    2 years ago

It’s cold outside today.  More proof to the right that Biden is a failure.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.1.1    2 years ago

It is one thing to criticize a PotUS for cause.   But this petty, partisan, nit-picky crap just shows the depth to which some will go.   Truth and moderated, rational analysis be damned;  score points for the party!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @6.1    2 years ago

How long have you been with NT?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.2    2 years ago

It's one thing to be a Biden supporter, it's another to pretend your something other than what you are.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.4    2 years ago

Vic, what you see from me regarding Biden is defense against the petty, slimy and false hyperbole that is pushed daily.   I do not seed pro-Biden articles and share much of the genuine criticism (not the extreme spin, but the facts) about Biden's failures.    As I have noted, my desire for Biden was (and is) to simply tread water for four years until the next election cycle.   Just maintain the ship and keep it in safe waters.   Currently, my desire is for Biden to effectively manage the infrastructure rollout, keep encouraging vaccinations, keep providing the vaccines, test kits, etc., and maintain national security. 

I suspect you cannot comprehend a non-partisan view and thus any defense of Biden against unfair, petty crap translates in your mind into support for Biden.

The past two election cycles have delivered Clinton, Trump and Biden as the nominees.   I have stated my great disappointment with the poor quality of candidates from which to choose and hope (not confident though) that there will be a real choice to make in 2024.

In the meantime, you keep with your extreme spin and factually flawed hyperbolic criticism of Biden and Fauci and I will continue to challenge your rhetoric  based on facts and objective reasoning.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.5    2 years ago

You resort to name calling and dishonesty. I'm not about to lower myself to your level.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.6    2 years ago

More blatant intellectual dishonesty.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Kavika   replied to  TᵢG @6.1.7    2 years ago
More blatant intellectual dishonesty.  

BINGO

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago

All this thread and thread 7 comments were removed at the seeder's request for off topic. Please stay on topic.[ph]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"We've said for some time that another incursion by Russia could be imminent, and imminent means imminent. So we're watching this every single day, and I'm going to avoid the temptation to guess as to what the timing would be."

Empty words.

th?id=OIP.qnYTVonVEpzRuIak7fcWdwHaE7&pid=Api&P=0&w=266&h=177