Trump Speaks : "Our country is going to hell"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  62 comments

Trump Speaks : "Our country is going to hell"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

SaveAmericaPAC_Logo_RGB.jpg

- February 4, 2022 - 

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America

Just saw Mike Pence’s statement on the fact that he had no right to do anything with respect to the Electoral Vote Count, other than being an automatic conveyor belt for the Old Crow Mitch McConnell to get Biden elected President as quickly as possible. Well, the Vice President’s position is not an automatic conveyor if obvious signs of voter fraud or irregularities exist. That’s why the Democrats and RINOs are working feverishly together to change the very law that Mike Pence and his unwitting advisors used on January 6 to say he had no choice. The reason they want it changed is because they now say they don’t want the Vice President to have the right to ensure an honest vote. In other words, I was right and everyone knows it. If there is fraud or large scale irregularities, it would have been appropriate to send those votes back to the legislatures to figure it out. The Dems and RINOs want to take that right away. A great opportunity lost, but not forever, in the meantime our Country is going to hell!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago
In other words, I was right and everyone knows it. If there is fraud or large scale irregularities, it would have been appropriate to send those votes back to the legislatures to figure it out. The Dems and RINOs want to take that right away. A great opportunity lost, but not forever, in the meantime our Country is going to hell!

Such a thoughtful man.

Ender
Professor Principal
2  Ender    2 years ago

He just can't get over it can he.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1  Kavika   replied to  Ender @2    2 years ago

Trump is the first to be diagnosed with TDS. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @2.1    2 years ago
Trump is the first to be diagnosed with TDS.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

(Ain't it the truth though...)

Dulay
Professor Guide
3  Dulay    2 years ago

The sad irony is that there are still millions of Americans that believe what he is spewing. 

There isn't even a rough draft of a proposal yet, but Trump is absolutely fucking sure he knows what it's all about. Most of what I have read is that they are intent on hardening protections for election workers and making it a federal crime to intimidate them. They're also looking at changing the process of objecting to certified vote counts. I haven't read anything about the VP's authorities. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    2 years ago

Why is Trump not in custody yet?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago

Perhaps they are waiting for the midterms to pass first?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago

Could it be because even after 4 years of investigating there is nothing to arrest him for?  Hurting your feelings isn't a criminal offense.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     2 years ago
"Our Country Is Going To Hell"

I agree, as long as Trump is around we are headed in that direction.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @5    2 years ago

The steaming pile of shit trumpturd 'speaks' and what comes out is his usual diarrhea.  It comes out of both ends with this scumbag thug

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6  TᵢG    2 years ago
In other words, I was right and everyone knows it.

Over a year after he lost and still, without any supporting evidence, Trump continues his Big Lie.   Why?   Because most of the GOP behaves as though his over-the-top bullshit is truth.

If the GOP would cease nodding its collective head, Trump would be merely bad history. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  TᵢG @6    2 years ago
If the GOP would cease nodding its collective head, Trump would be merely bad history. 

Instead, they've doubled down and censured Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, and called January 6th "legitimate political discourse".

Shameful.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1    2 years ago

Deplorable.  Hillary was off by half

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1    2 years ago
Instead, they've doubled down and censured Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, and called January 6th "legitimate political discourse". Shameful.

So what? Cheney and Kinzinger stopped being Republicans the second they allowed Pelosi to appoint their TDS driven asses to the Jan 6th commission. They have allowed themselves to be duped into being Pelosi's lap dogs. The commission has over stepped its bounds and is now investigating the election. So much for trying to figure out how Jan 6th happened; and trying to stop if from happening again. Pelosi barring the commission from questioning her, those under her, or the Mayor of DC- all who turned down Trump's offer of 20000 National Guardsmen before the Jan 6th- proves the commission is nothing more than another TDS driven, get Trump at all costs, Democrat waste of time.

What is really rich is the Democrats and left bitching about how Republicans are treating Cheney and Kinzinger (who they wouldn't cross the street to piss on if they were on fire); while screaming two of their own are DINO's and threatening to kick them out of the party for not going along with far left Democrat POS legislation. Manchin and Sinema ring any bells?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.2    2 years ago
So what?

Really?  You value partisanship over the law and national security?

January 6th happened in large part because of lies about the election.

Trump's offer of 20000 National Guardsmen

Yeah, it was supposedly 10,000 when that lie first circulated.  Fish stories, amirite?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
6.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @6.1.2    2 years ago
So what? Cheney and Kinzinger stopped being Republicans the second they allowed Pelosi to appoint their TDS driven asses to the Jan 6th commission.

As I recall, Gym Jordan and Kevin McCarthy were both offered spots on the commission and declined. Something something spilled milk. Oh well! 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.4    2 years ago
Gym Jordan and Kevin McCarthy were both offered spots on the commission and declined

The one that declined them was Pelosi.  She knew that Jordan and McCarthy wouldn't play her games and put an end to the façade from day 1.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.5    2 years ago

131284119_487698955527184_7478519108083860686_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=5v25TYmXPhcAX8KzLnO&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-gaXFxcYiGC_NjlwufhUlDPGZ35jRHpa4GW0KyNua5rQ&oe=6227D05D

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.6    2 years ago

Steve has an opinion, just like all jackasses do.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.6    2 years ago

You can post meme's.  Attaboy!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.7    2 years ago
Steve has an opinion, just like all jackasses do.

Do you think he is wrong about Trump's lying — especially his Big Lie??

goose is back
Junior Guide
6.1.10  goose is back  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.1.3    2 years ago
Really?  You value partisanship over the law and national security?

You have got to be kidding.......look at our southern border and tell me about National Security! Look at the crime wave that's all across the country and tell me about law and order. You want to defund the police, allow BLM and Antifa to destroy cities and none get prosecuted.  

Dulay
Professor Guide
6.1.11  Dulay  replied to  goose is back @6.1.10    2 years ago
You want to defund the police, allow BLM and Antifa to destroy cities and none get prosecuted.  

I'm here much more than you are goose and I have NEVER seen a member express those desires. Please post a link to sandy doing so or admit that your comment is bullshit. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.1.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  goose is back @6.1.10    2 years ago
You want to defund the police, allow BLM and Antifa to destroy cities and none get prosecuted.  

Stop telling me what I think, goose.  It's dishonest.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.2  Drakkonis  replied to  TᵢG @6    2 years ago

Republicans think the mid-terms will be a cake-walk.  I expect them to do well, but I think they would do significantly better if they dumped Trump and find someone who'll appeal more to centrists like myself. Why do we always have to choose between extremes? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Drakkonis @6.2    2 years ago

I agree with everything you just wrote.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Drakkonis @6.2    2 years ago

Democrats aren't extremists? 

Sorry, we have a two party system. Either you chose the party that has spent the better part of seven years with rampant TDS; and is driving this country into a ditch. Or you chose the party that won't do anything but block Brandon and limit his stupidity.

In 4 to 6 years time they will flop positions again; and the Democrats will be the ones limiting Republican stupidity and over reach. Wash, rinse, and repeat as often as possible. It is the way the Establishment likes it. Until people stop voting for the "lesser of two evils" it is the way it will always be; and don't expect it to change.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.2.3  Drakkonis  replied to  Ronin2 @6.2.2    2 years ago

Not all Dems are extremists, but yeah, they have theirs, too. Why I said having to choose between extremes. And I'm sure you're right. MSM drives the narrative and hides anyone in the middle who might be worth a damn, so you're probably right that this will just continue. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

Unfortunately our country is going to hell, and the far left progressives are leading us there.  When will more of the moderate democrats push back?  When will they tackle the problems we have and not focus on pronouns and bowing before BLM?

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1  Ender  replied to  Right Down the Center @7    2 years ago

You say this while a bunch of the republicans are down giving speeches at the federalist society....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @7.1    2 years ago
You say this while a bunch of the republicans are down giving speeches at the federalist society....

All politicians give speeches.

What's the big deal?

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.1    2 years ago

If you can't see the irony...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @7.1.2    2 years ago

If you can't point out the irony.........

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @7.1    2 years ago

The usual deflection, projection and denial.  

All they have

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.2  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @7    2 years ago
Unfortunately our country is going to hell, and the far left progressives are leading us there. 

Really? How? Be specific. 

When will more of the moderate democrats push back? 

Where have you been for the last year? 

When will they tackle the problems we have

Like what? Be specific. 

and not focus on pronouns and bowing before BLM?

Do you have bill #s that reflect that 'focus'? 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @7.2    2 years ago

If you really don't know I suggest googling it.  I have the feeling anything I give you will not be a good enough source so you will just dismiss it.  I find it hard to believe you ever have to ask.

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.2.1    2 years ago

So, you've got nothing. Thanks for clearing that up. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.2.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @7.2.2    2 years ago

Such a sad and predictable response.  There is no way to show anything to a liberal that refuses to see and there is no way they are going to look for anything that doesn't fit into their distorted world view.

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.2.3    2 years ago
Such a sad and predictable response. 

It's the response your comment warranted. 

There is no way to show anything to a liberal that refuses to see

See WHAT? 

I saw 'go google it' clearly. That's all you have.  

and there is no way they are going to look for anything that doesn't fit into their distorted world view.

Again, nothing but blather. 

I'm not here to accept your unfounded proclamations through blind faith.

So, what this liberal is looking for is for YOU to support your claims or maybe even just TRY to make an argument for your posit.

That's how this shit works RDTC. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.2.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @7.2.4    2 years ago

Another predictable response from someone with ears closed.  jrSmiley_46_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.2.5    2 years ago

AGAIN, other than 'google it' and your feelings, WTF is there to hear? Hint: Nothing, NADA.

Your last 2 comments illustrate an inability to participate in a cogent discussion. I suggest that if you're all about making proclamations that you have no desire to discuss, you should post in closed groups that enable such behavior. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @7.2.6    2 years ago

But HAVE you bothered to Google it??

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.2.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @7.2.6    2 years ago

As I said before if I spoon feed you the info you will just pull the liberal tactic and attack the source.  Better you find it on your own.  Why do you seem so afraid to look?  That is a rhetorical question, everyone knows the answer.  Let me help you start.  Look up inflation, border crisis, parents as terrorists, international pronouns day or Afghanistan.  Or you can skip all that and just rationalize why none of them exist or are no big deal or are because of Trump.  Just open to page 3 of the DNC playbook, it's all there..

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.2.8    2 years ago
Why do you seem so afraid to look?

Shove the superciliousness where the sun don't shine. 

HOW are the 'far left' leading us to hell?

WHAT problems need to be tackled that are being ignored? 

What bills have the far left proposed that focus on 'pronouns and bowing before BLM'? 

3 simple questions about the claims in your comment. 

Got any answers?

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.2.10  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @7.2.9    2 years ago

Some of it is in 7.2.8 but since you refuse to look and obviously enjoy keeping the blinders on there is no reason to point out more.  Have a lovely evening.

jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.2.10    2 years ago

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.2.12  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @7.2.11    2 years ago

Thought so.

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.2.13  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.2.12    2 years ago

Your comments provide no evidence of that whatsoever. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.2.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @7.2.13    2 years ago

OK, sure.  Whatever you say. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.2.15  Dulay  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.2.14    2 years ago

Oh joy, another 'gotta have the last word no matter how inane'. 

Please proceed. 

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.2.16  Right Down the Center  replied to  Dulay @7.2.15    2 years ago

Oh, so that is what your game is.  Thanks for the update.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8  Greg Jones    2 years ago

On a related note...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @8    2 years ago

There is nothing unusual about objections coming from members of Congress. 

To be valid, the objection must be signed by a sitting Senator.   Biden (as with Pence), acting as president of the Senate, correctly denied the objections.

People objecting to electoral vote counts is nothing new.   It is slimy if done without cause, but it is nothing new.   The constitution and the rules of the Senate are safeguards to prevent slimy acts from prevailing.

Dulay
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Dulay  replied to  TᵢG @8.1    2 years ago
Biden (as with Pence), acting as president of the Senate, correctly denied the objections.

As did Gore. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  TᵢG @8.1    2 years ago
ere is nothing unusual about objections coming from members of Congress

There was until Democrats started doing it every time they lost.  But when Republicans, finally, did it, they "betrayed Democracy" and all that other hysteria you've heard from the left the last year. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.2    2 years ago

The point, however, is that objections from select members of Congress are part of routine politics.   Attempting to suborn the V.P. to table certified results from states, however, is not.   

Dulay
Professor Guide
8.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.2    2 years ago
But when Republicans, finally, did it, they "betrayed Democracy" and all that other hysteria you've heard from the left the last year.

The Rebublicans didn't JUST voice 'objections' Sean. They called for an 'Election commission' to be appointed to conduct a 10 day 'emergency audit' of 6 states, whose electors had already been duly certified. 

Oh and all too many of GOP elected officials egged on the insurrectionists. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.2    2 years ago

BULLSHIT

MrFrost
Professor Guide
8.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.2    2 years ago

There was until Democrats started doing it every time they lost.  But when Republicans, finally, did it, they "betrayed Democracy" and all that other hysteria you've heard from the left the last year. 

Why would trump run in 2024? Even if he were to win, by his own argument, VP Harris can just overturn the election anyway?

Trump is an idiot. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
8.1.7  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @8.1.2    2 years ago

Oh, and another thing Sean, Trump and all too many in the GOP conspired to violate the Constitution. Sen. Lindsey Graham stated it clearly in his floor speech on Jan. 6th. 

Many times, my state has been the problem. I love it. It’s where I want to die, but no time soon. Tim and I have a good relationship. I love Tim Scott. 1876, South Carolina, Louisiana, and Florida sent two slate of electors. They have two governments, by the way, and we didn’t know what to do. Why did South Carolina, Florida, and Louisiana do it? To hold the country hostage to end Reconstruction. It worked. The commission was eight to seven. It didn’t work. Nobody accepted it. The way it ended is when Hayes did a deal with these three states. “You give me the electors, I’ll kick the Union Army out.” The rest is history. It led to Jim Crow.If you’re looking for historical guidance, this is not the one to pick. If you’re looking for a way to convince people there was no fraud, having a commission chosen by Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, and John Roberts is not going to get you to where you want to go. It ain’t going to work.

So it’s not going to do any good, it’s going to delay, and it gives credibility to a dark chapter of our history. That’s why I’m not with you, but I will fight to my death for you. You’re able to object. You’re not doing anything wrong. Other people have objected. I just think it’s a uniquely bad idea to delay this election. Trump and I, we’ve had a hell of a journey. I hate it to end this way. Oh my God, I hate it. From my point of view, he’s been a consequential president, but today, first thing you’ll see. All I can say is a count me out. Enough is enough. I’ve tried to be helpful, but when this Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled four to three, that they didn’t violate the constitution of Wisconsin, I agree with the three, but I accept the four. If Al Gore could accept five-four he’s not president, I can accept Wisconsin four to three.

Pennsylvania. It went to the Second Circuit. So much for all the judges being in Trump’s pocket. They said, “No, you’re wrong.” I accept the Pennsylvania Second Circuit that Trump’s lawsuit wasn’t right. Georgia, they said the secretary of state took the law into his own hands. He changed the election laws unlawfully. A federal judge said no. I accept the federal judge, even though I don’t agree with it. Fraud. They said there’s 66,000 people in Georgia under 18 voted. How many people believe that? I asked, “Give me 10,” and had one. They said 8,000 felons in prison in Arizona voted. Give me 10. I got one. Does that say there’s … There’s problems in every election. I don’t buy this. Enough’s enough. We’ve got to end it.

Vice President Pence, what they’re asking you to do, you won’t do because you can’t. You talk about interesting times. I associate myself with Rand Paul. How many times will you hear that? The mob has done something nobody else could do, to get me and Rand to agree. Rand is right. If you’re a conservative, this is the most offensive concept in the world that a single person could disenfranchise 155 million people.“The President of the Senate shall in the presence of the Senate and the House of Representatives open all certificates and the vote shall then be counted. The person having the greatest number of votes for president shall be president.” Where in there does it say, “Mike can say, ‘I don’t like the results. I want to send them back to the states. I believe there was fraud.'” To the conservatives who believe in the constitution, now’s your chance to stand up and be counted.

Originalism, count me in. It means what it says. So Mike, Mr. Vice President, just hang in there. They said, “We can count on Mike.” All of us can count on the vice president. You’re going to do the right thing. You’re going to do the constitutional thing. You got a son who flies F-35s. You’ve got a son-in-law who flies F-18s. They’re out there flying so that we get it right here. There are people dying, to my good friend from Illinois, to make sure we have a chance to argue among ourselves, and when it’s over, it is over. It is over. The final thing, Joe Biden. I’ve traveled the world with Joe. I hoped he lost. I prayed he would lose. He won. He’s the legitimate President of the United States. I cannot convince people, certain groups, by my words, but I will tell you by my actions that maybe I above all others in this body need to say this. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are lawfully elected and will become the President and the Vice President of the United States on January the 20th.

So it is clear that what Trump et al were trying to do was Unconsttitional.

Alas, Sen. Graham's speech didn't stop Trump's co-conspirators. Sen. Hawley signed on to challenge Pennsylvania's duly certified electors too. Yet when the Senate met, they decided to completely forgo debate and moved right to a vote. 92-7. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

Trump should know.  He is the one who used MapQuest to send us there.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  Tessylo    2 years ago

131284119_487698955527184_7478519108083860686_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=5v25TYmXPhcAX8KzLnO&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-gaXFxcYiGC_NjlwufhUlDPGZ35jRHpa4GW0KyNua5rQ&oe=6227D05D