╌>

Weapons, ammunition seized as 11 people arrested at Coutts border blockade

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hallux  •  2 years ago  •  82 comments

By:   Caley Gibson Global News

Weapons, ammunition seized as 11 people arrested at Coutts border blockade

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Alberta RCMP say they have detained 11 people after an investigation at the   Coutts   border crossing led to the seizure of more than dozen long guns, hand guns, ammunition and body armour.

70c8fc80 In a news release Monday morning, RCMP said they recently became aware of a small organized group within those involved in the larger Coutts border protest.“The group was said to have a willingness to use force against the police if any attempts were made to disrupt the blockade,” RCMP said.

“This resulted in an immediate and complex investigation to determine the extent of the threat and criminal organization.”

A search warrant was executed early Monday morning on three trailers that RCMP allege were association to the criminal organization. The following items were seized:

• 13 long guns
  • handguns
  • multiple sets of body armour
  • a machete
  • a large quantity of ammunition
  • high capacity magazines

Police said 11 people were arrested and detained as a result of this investigation.

In an unrelated news conference Monday morning, Premier Jason Kenney addressed what he called the “urgent developments” at the border.

Kenney said he was told “thousands of rounds” of ammunition were seized by the RCMP.

“This underscores the severity of what has been happening,” the premier said.

“To those who have been impatient about enforcement, I ask them to understand that this investigation has been ongoing over the past week and the RCMP, obviously, did not want to escalate the situation that could provoke potential violence until they had a tactical plan in place at the appropriate time to take enforcement action and to seize these weapons.”

Kenney said the government has procured “all of the necessary heavy equipment” and service to operate that equipment, to assist RCMP in removing vehicles that are blocking the highway.

“Broader enforcement measures will commence, and of course the government of Alberta will be there to support that every step of the way,” Kenney said.

The RCMP did not say whether charges had been laid, but said more information would be released as it become available.

The RCMP said it is also searching for a suspect after an incident at the blockade Sunday night. At about 8 p.m., police said a large farm tractor and a semi-truck attempted to ram a police vehicle. The officer in the vehicle was able to reposition and avoid the collision.

Police followed the suspects to an area where protesters were gathered. The drive of the tractor was identified and police are working to locate him so he can be taken into custody. The tractor and semi were both seized by the RCMP.

The RCMP said this is an example of “the militant mindset” of a small group of the protesters.

“The Alberta RCMP will resume efforts to end the illegal blockade which has prevented access to the Coutts border,” RCMP said Monday. “We encourage all participants who are involved in this illegal action to leave immediately or relocate to the designated site for the legal protest.”

On Saturday, the Canada Border Services Agency said services at the busy crossing were suspended, and the status was the same on Sunday.

Protesters have been set up at the southern Alberta border crossing for more than two weeks now, in protest of   COVID-19   vaccine mandates for cross-border truckers and other public health restrictions.

Monday marked Day 17 of the protest at the Coutts border crossing.

Kenney had the following message Monday to those who continue to participate in the illegal blockade.

“All you’ve done is to inconvenience thousands and thousands of hardworking truckers, who have been trying to do their job to make a living, just forcing them to drive longer distances for no point,” he said.

“You’ve sent your message. We encourage people to continue to express their views in a lawful and peaceful way, but the ongoing blockade of our borders and our highways at Coutts will no longer be tolerated.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    2 years ago

No Nerf guns were found ...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

Any of these assclowns who brought a firearm and ammo should be barred permanently from ever entering Canada again.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    2 years ago

If they were Americans, yes, but were they not Canadians?  I'm not that familiar with what's happening at that location of the protest.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    2 years ago

If any are Canadians, that government will have to deal with them.  If they are from any other countries, ban them from any future re entry.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

A "PEACEFUL" protest, encouraged by Fox News and American right-wingers, all of whom are hypocrites who support police enforcement and abiding the law of the land.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    2 years ago

and condemn unions and any kind of strike or peaceful protests like the Sioux and Lakota Indians who blocked roads leading

to the XL pipeline worksites.

It all depends on whose ox is being gored.

pure partisan nonsense.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Split Personality @3.1    2 years ago

If I remember correctly, those pipeline protests weren't entirely peaceful.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @3.1    2 years ago

Martin Luther King and civil rights marchers were regularly arrested for acts of civil disobedience, including marches blocking streets or bridges. That did not make them terrorists!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    2 years ago

Who said they were terrorists?  They're simply lawbreakers. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.4    2 years ago
Who said they were terrorists? 

Hallux
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    2 years ago

I don't bring crap sources into your seeds. Don't bring them into mine.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @3.1.6    2 years ago

Too bad. That source is allowed by the grading organization used by NT.

And you also know what your pompous little dictator called them.

Hallux
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.7    2 years ago

... and what source is that, the original one or the one you changed it to?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    2 years ago

I can't open that link, but I opened this one, and now I understand why you posted yours.  (LINK) ->

Fox and Friends?  Trump supporter?  Thank you Vic.

Hallux
Professor Principal
3.1.10  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.9    2 years ago

Vic's original link was from a crackpot source named '[your]NEWS.com'. The lady in question, an m.p.claimed the truckers were terrorizing citizens with constant horn honking, she did not call them terrorists as the headline proclaimed. The site is known for spreading more disinformation that a junk boat full of fortune cookies.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @3.1.8    2 years ago

I understand your frustration. Things are not going well for many on the left. I think Tucker Carlson just nailed it. He said "people can't begin to understand the pain democrats are going through. For them it's like being boiled in a giant cup of Starbucks Latte!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.9    2 years ago

You are very welcome my friend.

Hallux
Professor Principal
3.1.13  seeder  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.11    2 years ago

Were I frustrated I would seed similar links as yours. As Roberto Benigni would say, Life is Beautiful.

Tucker can speak? I'm shocked ... his lips have been glued to Orbán's arse for months.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @3.1.13    2 years ago
As Roberto Benigni would say, Life is Beautiful.

As Dave Letterman once said "It's best we move on."  (The night that Norm Macdonald gave his analysis of Life is Beautiful)

Were I frustrated I would seed similar links as yours.

You'd be doing as you have done.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.14    2 years ago

Martial law ..... coming soon to quell a Canadian liberty near you ....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.15    2 years ago

For some reason Trudeau is intent on provoking violence.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.17  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.16    2 years ago

He is doing what the great majority of Canadians want him to do and he is doing it by legal means - get rid of that protest, not because it is a protest, and I have pointed out already that a peaceful protest that does not make trouble for other law-abiding Canadians can last for years, but because it is causing problems for the economy, for supply chains, inconveniencing people, and Canadian people are reasonable and feel the protesters have made their point and it's time for them to go home. The great majority of Canadians do not agree with the protesters concerning the vaccine and mask mandates and know that it takes being unselfish and caring for others to follow the guidelines to get rid of the virus rather than not giving a shit about who they infect and kill with it. 

Now I expect some right-winger here to say I'm being melodramatic.  LOL  Bring it on.  I'm being a Canadian, and they're not. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4  Sparty On    2 years ago

OMG ..... a machete?    

Get SWAT in there ...... STAT!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @4    2 years ago

Would you make a joke out of it if they walked into your house with these?  Forget the machete.

• 13 long guns
  • handguns
  • multiple sets of body armour
  • a large quantity of ammunition
  • high capacity magazines

Your joke is SO VERY FUNNY.  HA HA HA

There I go being melodramatic again, eh?.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    2 years ago

Only 11 people out of...thousands?  jrSmiley_123_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.1    2 years ago
Only 11 people out of...thousands? 

So, just another peaceful protest.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    2 years ago

They need to load up on bricks, bike locks, Roman candles, frozen water bottles and fertilizer sprayers full of a custom mix of bleach and stoner piss.

Then they would be okay ......

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    2 years ago
Would you make a joke out of it if they walked into your house with these?

I've had people walk into my house with those.  Hell, I own much of that.  EVERYBODY in my neighborhood has access to weapons (sorry "long guns) and ammunition.

They also have body armor and those terrifying "high capacity magazines".

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.4    2 years ago

Anti gunners are so sophomoric when it comes to their “gun” knowledge.     Five or six of those long guns were bolt action hunting rifles.

Scary, very scary.

But ..... never let a good crisis go to waste don’t ya know ....

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.5    2 years ago

I can't imagine being afraid of an inanimate object.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.6    2 years ago

Me either

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.1    2 years ago

Yesterday it was 30, by now it's probably more, unless it finally got through to them that jail might not be so palatable.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.5    2 years ago
"Scary, very scary."

IMO living a life in a gun-loving community is scary, very scary.  Every day in the news, more innocent people being shot and killed.  You can have that way of life, it's not for me.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.9    2 years ago
IMO living a life in a gun-loving community is scary, very scary.

Not in the least.  You'd be surprised how much safer many of these communities are than those moronic "gun free" communities.  The key is getting over the fear of an inanimate object and getting to know those in your neighborhood.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.1.10    2 years ago

Afraid of legally owned weapons but not afraid of an actively tyrannical government?

Interesting logic eh?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.11    2 years ago

Nobody runs and hides here when they hear a motorcycle backfire.  From the news one reads, legally owned weapons kill people as well as illegally owned weapons.  Your backhanded insult is noticed, but I don't make up stories that aren't true and threaten other members on this site, and anyone who does that to me is lucky that I don't delete their membership, including everything they've ever posted on this site. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.13  cjcold  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.5    2 years ago
“gun” knowledge.

I own a few hunting rifles that will fill tight groups at 1000 yards. Scary indeed.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.14  Greg Jones  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.12    2 years ago

Calm down!  No one is threatening you.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @4.1.13    2 years ago

Lol, I know lots of people who make that claim and few who can actually do it.    Even fewer on a moving target, fewer still when getting shot at.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.16  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.14    2 years ago

You are not aware of the wrongful accusation that preceded this.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.17  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.5    2 years ago
Five or six of those long guns were bolt action hunting rifles.

False. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Kavika   replied to  Dulay @4.1.17    2 years ago
Five or six of those long guns were bolt action hunting rifles.

A high % of military sniper rifles are bolt action, and quite deadly.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.19  Dulay  replied to  Kavika @4.1.18    2 years ago
 A high % of military sniper rifles are bolt action, and quite deadly.

Which is why I own a scoped bolt action 30.06 which I 'dial in' at the range about 4 times a year. 

I'm pretty quick with a second shot with it but I would rely on my semi-automatic carbine if speed was needed or there are multiple 'targets'. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.20  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @4.1.18    2 years ago

Amen Brother K

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.17    2 years ago

[Deleted]

In either case .... SOSDD.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.22  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.19    2 years ago

So you “dial in” your weapon 4 times a year?

I’d like to see that......

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @4.1.18    2 years ago

True and none of those were military sniper rifles.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.24  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.17    2 years ago

Nope, it’s true.    Actually unless any of the them were automatic or selective automatic fire, none of them were military weapons.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.25  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @4.1.23    2 years ago

Bolt action hunting rifles are quite deadly. You don't need a military weapon to have it deadly.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.26  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @4.1.25    2 years ago

Yes, like most inanimate objects that can be deadly (like cars and knives) they are only deadly when operated in a deadly manner.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.27  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @4.1.26    2 years ago
Yes, like most inanimate objects that can be deadly (like cars and knives) they are only deadly when operated in a deadly manner.

True, but the subject is weapons, be they miliary, civilian, bolt action, semi auto etc. 

Carry on.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.28  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @4.1.27    2 years ago

Don’t forget that evil machete now ....... as you were

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.29  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.22    2 years ago
So you “dial in” your weapon 4 times a year?

Why yes Sparty, YES I do. Our DNR range is quite nice and FREE for state residents. 

I’d like to see that......

You'd like watching my wife shoot even more. She retired from the IDOC and was a tower guard, the only one armed with a locked and loaded AR 15 with orders to shoot to kill. Her groupings ARE scary, VERY scary...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.30  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.29    2 years ago

Hmmmmm my scoped 30.06 doesn’t need to be dialed in four times a year to hold its zero.   Perhaps you got a defective one.

You should see the groupings my grandkids can shoot at 200+ yards.    Scary, really SCARY!

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.31  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.24    2 years ago
Nope, it’s true.  

It's not true Sparty. The RCMP posted a photo of the confiscated weapons, only 3 are bolt action rifles. Look it up for yourself. 

Actually unless any of the them were automatic or selective automatic fire, none of them were military weapons.

I didn't say anything about military weapons. I merely pointed out that your claim about bolt action rifles is false. Yet I agree with Kavika, a bolt action 'hunting' rifle can be quite deadly in the right hands, that's the POINT of owning one after all right? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.32  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.31    2 years ago

Yeah, I knew you’d be the one to pick that nit I left out there.

Bolt/Lever action, no matter.    All hunting rifles

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.33  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @4.1.28    2 years ago
Don’t forget that evil machete now .....

Didn't forget about it at all, it was a valuable ''tool'' in humping off-trail, it did a great job of clearing elephant grass. The M1942 was issued to some army and Marines in Nam but some preferred the Bolo.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.34  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.30    2 years ago
Hmmmmm my scoped 30.06 doesn’t need to be dialed in four times a year to hold its zero.   Perhaps you got a defective one.

Oh, but I need to be 'dialed in' with the weapon 4 times a year Sparty.

After all, 'it' is just an 'inanimate object' and MY skill it what makes it accurate right? 

You should see the groupings my grandkids can shoot at 200+ yards.   Scary, really SCARY!

Unlike you, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and accept your assertion. 

BTW, AR15 .223 are NOT known for their accuracy but a good shooter CAN get a 2" grouping @ 100 yards, even during a 'running' live fire training course, just as my wife was required to do with regularity. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.35  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.34    2 years ago
Oh, but I need to be 'dialed in' with the weapon 4 times a year Sparty.

Oh but that is not what you said.    You said you were dialing in your weapon.

After all, 'it' is just an 'inanimate object' and MY skill it what makes it accurate right?

See above.

Unlike you, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and accept your assertion. 

I never questioned your assertion.    You seem paranoid about that.    Curious, very curious.

BTW, AR15 .223 are NOT known for their accuracy but a good shooter CAN get a 2" grouping @ 100 yards, even during a 'running' live fire training course, just as my wife was required to do with regularity. 

Lol .... Marines don’t require lectures on AR platform accuracy but thanks for the thought.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.36  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.32    2 years ago
Bolt/Lever action, no matter.    All hunting rifles

Bolt and lever action ARE different Sparty. A lever action shoots MUCH faster and you fucking well know it. 

Oh and BTFW, ALL of the weapons pictured could be labeled as 'hunting rifles' depending on where you are. Just STOP. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.37  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.36    2 years ago

Bullshit, bolt and lever action rifles are tradition mainstream hunting rifles.   Have been decades.  

AR platforms are a relatively new weapon to hunting and depending on caliber not legal to hunt with in many states.

Stop trying to act like you have a clue about this topic.    You clearly don’t

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.38  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.35    2 years ago
Oh but that is not what you said.    You said you were dialing in your weapon.

Really? Let's look:

Which is why I own a scoped bolt action 30.06 which I 'dial in' at the range about 4 times a year.

I find it hilarious that you back slap about inanimate objects but seem to want to insist that it's the weapon that gets dialed in. 

I never questioned your assertion.    You seem paranoid about that.    Curious, very curious.

Nope, not paranoid at all, but it IS curious that you think so. 

Lol .... Marines don’t require lectures on AR platform accuracy but thanks for the thought.

Perhaps not but YOU seem to need to figure out how to differentiate a simple statement from a 'lecture'. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.39  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.38    2 years ago
I find it hilarious that you back slap about inanimate objects but seem to want to insist that it's the weapon that gets dialed in. 

That’s okay, I find it sad watching your insistence here attempting to cover your tracks with bullshit when you are wrong.    

Basic English comprehension.    If you meant yourself, you would have said “you” were getting dialed in on the weapon.   Not that you “own a scoped bolt action 30.06 which I 'dial in'”     So take that gaslighting bullshit and try to sell it somewhere else.

Nope, not paranoid at all, but it IS curious that you think so.

sure you are, otherwise you wouldn’t have made such a clearly off base observation.

Perhaps not but YOU seem to need to figure out how to differentiate a simple statement from a 'lecture'. 

Nope, wrong again.    Amazing!

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.40  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.37    2 years ago
Bullshit, bolt and lever action rifles are tradition mainstream hunting rifles.   Have been decades.  

Oh now the strawman fallacies start. Well done. 

Is it your post that lever action rifles do NOT shoot faster than bolt action rifles Sparty? 

AR platforms are a relatively new weapon to hunting and depending on caliber not legal to hunt with in many states. Stop trying to act like you have a clue about this topic.    You clearly don’t

One thing I DO have a clear clue about is that this topic has NOTHING to do with ANY 'states'. The topic is about RCMP confiscating weapons in CANADA. 

Another thing I'm know about this topic is that it's unclear whether ANY of the semi-automatic weapons pictured are AR15s as defined in CANADA. So, until that is documented, your comment is moot. 

Another thing I know about this topic is that the majority of the magazines pictured are illegal in CANADA and that ALL of the body armor is also illegal in Alberta, CANADA unless one has a permit. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.41  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.40    2 years ago

More redirectional bullshit as cover for errors.

SOSDD 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.42  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.12    2 years ago

There are some of us who still "jump/jerk/duck" when they hear any vehicle backfire.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.43  1stwarrior  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.35    2 years ago

Sparty - you probably weren't on active duty when we transitioned from the M-14 to the piss-poor M-15/M-16's in 'Nam.  Couldn't hit jack-shyte, leaves deflected the rounds way too often, dirt/mud in the chamber caused many a misfire or even having the mag fall out on its own.  In my copter, I had the M-60 with two boxes of 1,000 rounds, my M-14 and 500 rounds, which I refused to relinquish, my .45 with two boxes of 50 rounds.  Our crew-chief had the M-15/16 and HATED the damn thing.

When I was on the Rifle/Pistol team, at 1,000, I'd use the Winchester Mod-70w/scope or my M-14w/iron sights.  Absolutely luv'd the Mod-70.  Best score at 1,250 was 96/100.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.44  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.43    2 years ago

The M-14 was a far better weapon than the 15/16. Heavier but tougher the ammo was heavier as well. Although my weapon of choice which I carried for two tours was the Stevens 520/30 trench gun. We had a number of troopers that still used the 14 even though they were ordered to go 15/16. Amazing what a trooper can do when he wants his weapon of choice, which for most was the M-14, night requestions were the order of the day.

I'll never forget the wop wop wop of the Huey, 1st.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.45  Sparty On  replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.43    2 years ago

I wasn’t but I own a match grade M-1A so i understand quite well.    

We were issued and qualified with M-16A1’s out to 500 yards.    Growing up as a 30 cal guy I was amazed at how accurate our 16’s were out to 500 yards on iron sights.    It was like shooting a pop gun by comparison to a 300 Winnie or 30.06

Issue 16’s certainly were not MOA weapons but they got the job done very well on body sized targets.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
4.1.46  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @4.1.44    2 years ago
Stevens 520/30 trench gun

You can still get a trench gun for a measly $3,250 - great for gator tag.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.47  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @4.1.46    2 years ago

Yeah, they're expensive but mine has been in the house for well over 40 years so not as expensive.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.48  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.39    2 years ago
If you meant yourself, you would have said “you” were getting dialed in on the weapon.  

Your comment is contradictory. An inanimate object, my 30.06, can't get 'dialed in' ALL BY ITSELF. 

sure you are, otherwise you wouldn’t have made such a clearly off base observation.

What 'off base observation' are you talking about Sparty? 

Nope, wrong again.    Amazing!

Your own comment illustrates otherwise. Unless of course it's your posit that every time you post a SENTENCE, it should be rightly characterized as a lecture. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.49  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.41    2 years ago

More redirectional bullshit as cover for errors.

Is it your post that lever action rifles do NOT shoot faster than bolt action rifles Sparty? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.50  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.49    2 years ago

Thats your deflection, own it.

But it is fun watching you pick that nit.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.51  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.50    2 years ago
Thats your deflection, own it.

It's YOUR posit and it's WRONG. 

But it is fun watching you pick that nit.

This from the guy who has been picking the 'dialed in' nit for 2 days now. 

Your comment drips with hypocrisy. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.52  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.51    2 years ago

Lol yeah, keep spinning ..... like a whirling dervish

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.53  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.52    2 years ago

Another non-responsive comment that illustrates a desperation to dodge the question. 

Sparty, everyone here knows that a lever action rifle shoots faster than a bolt action. 

I find it sad that someone who brags about being a big bad Marine is afraid of admitting a simple fact. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.54  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.53    2 years ago
Another non-responsive comment that illustrates a desperation to dodge the question.

Nope, just calling out your bullshit.   SOSDD

Sparty, everyone here knows that a lever action rifle shoots faster than a bolt action. 

First and foremost no one said that wasn’t true for some people.    Problem is it’s still an unrelated deflection/redirect from the point I made about being a hunting rifle.

Second, it depends on the action and the shooter.    A  practiced shooter can get well aimed  shots out just as fast or faster with a bolt action.   You probably can’t but there you go.   Once more, you know not what you speak of.

Finally and once again, your deflection does not apply to the comment I made. Not in the least  but SOSDD.

I find it sad that someone who brags about being a big bad Marine is afraid of admitting a simple fact.

lol ............  that’s your fucked up interpretation and is completely wrong and off base.    

Like usual.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.55  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.54    2 years ago
Second, it depends on the action and the shooter.    A  practiced shooter can get well aimed  shots out just as fast or faster with a bolt action.  

Oh so NOW the 'practiced shooter' IS relevant. 

Spinning like a dervish Sparty.../s

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.56  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @4.1.55    2 years ago

[deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

The RCP are beginning to arrest more of the protesters.  They face a year in jail and a possible $100,000 fine.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    2 years ago

That's RCMP, Paula.  Royal Canadian Mounted Police.  It's a federal force with cross-Canada jurisdiction, and are mostly involved in areas where the local policing is inadequate or none at all.  The name is historical - it doesn't mean they all ride horses or wear red jackets. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    2 years ago

Dudley Do-right coming to save the day.

Ta-dah!