╌>

Reynolds response hammers Biden for 'weakness on world stage'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  175 comments

By:   Mychael Schnell (TheHill)

Reynolds response hammers Biden for 'weakness on world stage'
"Thankfully the President's agenda didn't pass, because even members of his own party said enough is enough," Reynolds said. "Well, the American people share that view. Enough is enough."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Reynolds, speaking from Des Moines, touched on Russia's unfolding invasion of Ukraine and the U.S.'s "disastrous" withdrawal from Afghanistan in August before knocking Biden's approach to foreign policy as "too little, too late."

"Weakness on the world stage has a cost. And the President's approach to foreign policy has consistently been too little, too late," Reynolds said. "It's time for America to once again project confidence; it's time to be decisive. It's time to lead."

Reynolds specifically criticized the Biden administration for its posture prior to Russia beginning its invasion of Ukraine, including holding back sanctions on Russian pipelines — likely a reference to Nord Stream 2, the Russian natural gas pipeline.

Biden on Wednesday  announced sanctions against the company  behind the pipeline and its corporate officers, only after Russian President  Vladimir Putin  recognized two breakaway territories in eastern Ukraine as independent and ordered troops into the areas.

She also pointed out the “alarming rate” at which North Korea is testing missiles, and took a swipe at House Speaker  Nancy Pelosi  (D-Calif.) for  warning U.S. athletes  participating in the Beijing Winter Olympics last month not to anger the “ruthless” Chinese government.

Reynolds' response also hit the administration on hot-button issues at home, including the role parents should play in education and the record inflation in the U.S.

The governor said the American people are "tired of politicians who tell parents they should sit down, be silent, and let government control their kids' education and future," wading into the controversial debates regarding mask mandates in schools and the part parents should play in determining school curriculum.

Allowing parents to play a role in the classroom became a popular rallying cry among conservatives after Republican  Glenn Youngkin  won Virginia’s gubernatorial race in November. He made parents and education a key focus of his campaign.

Reynolds said Republicans are leading the "pro-parent, pro-family revolution" in Iowa and across the country.

"Republicans believe that parents matter. It was true before the pandemic and has never been more important to say out loud: Parents Matter," Reynolds said. "They have a right to know, and to have a say in, what their kids are being taught."

The Iowa Republican also hammered Biden and Democrats in general for elevated prices in the U.S. Annual inflation hit 7.5 percent at the end of January, marking the fastest rate since February 1982.

Reynolds jabbed at the Democrats’ roughly $2 trillion social spending and climate package, dubbed the Build Back Better Act, which came to a standstill in December after Sen.  Joe Manchin  (D-W.Va.) said he would not support the legislation.

"Thankfully the President's agenda didn't pass, because even members of his own party said enough is enough," Reynolds said. "Well, the American people share that view. Enough is enough."

The governor argued that Biden has failed in his two goals of making the U.S. respected on the world stage and uniting Americans.

"Even before taking the oath of office, the president told us that he wanted to 'make America respected around the world again and to unite us here at home,'" Reynolds said. "He's failed on both fronts."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

It was a welcome, coherent response to Biden's disturbing State of the Union speech.

Last night, for those who missed it, Biden battled his mortal enemy - the teleprompter!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

Removed for context

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago

Removed for context

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1    2 years ago
Removed for context

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
Biden on Wednesday    announced sanctions

It's kind of funny that Biden is reinstating Trump era sanctions after he stopped them on day 1 of his term.  Maybe if he would have left well enough alone this situation wouldn't exist.

"Even before taking the oath of office, the president told us that he wanted to 'make America respected around the world again and to unite us here at home,'" Reynolds said. "He's failed on both fronts."

That's an understatement.

There were so much misinformation spewed by this clod last night you would have thought CNN wrote the speech.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

And we know where many of the offensive weapons the Ukrainians are using came from, don't we?

goose is back
Junior Guide
2.2  goose is back  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

Yea, he's a rear rocket scientist, puts sanctions on where we get over 50% of our oil.    

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago
Reynolds said Republicans are leading the "pro-parent, pro-family revolution" in Iowa and across the country.

"Republicans believe that parents matter. It was true before the pandemic and has never been more important to say out loud: Parents Matter," Reynolds said. "They have a right to know, and to have a say in, what their kids are being taught."

Code for " the coloreds have gotten too uppity".

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Holly conspiracy theory Batman!!!!!!  That must have been one hell of a squirrel you were chasing to go from a quote about including parents in their childs curriculum to full out KKK stupidity.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.1  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2    2 years ago

If parents want to control the curriculum, then they should home school their crotch goblins and teach them what they want.  It will be their own fault that their children end up uneducated dolts.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.1    2 years ago

Remain uneducated morons just like mommy and daddy!  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2    2 years ago

Do you ever see the news ?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.1    2 years ago

[deleted]  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.3    2 years ago

Did you answer my question?

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.6  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.4    2 years ago

What did I say that is racist?  Absolutely nothing, and it just goes to show that your reading comprehension is terrible.  I said if people want to control their children's curriculum, then they should home school their crotch goblins so they can be as ignorant as their parents are.  There is nothing racist about that.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.6    2 years ago
I said if people want to control their children's curriculum, then they should home school their crotch goblins so they can be as ignorant as their parents are. 

So people wanting to teach CRT in schools should all home-school their kids.

Good plan!

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.8  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.7    2 years ago

Schools are not teaching CRT which has been told to you over and over again.  And, do not ever attempt to put words in my mouth again.  You have no right to speak for me ever. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.8    2 years ago
Schools are not teaching CRT which has been told to you over and over again

But they are. Why won't you BELIEVE a school superintendent? Just because some yahoo parrots "They aren't teaching it" over and over has no bearing on the truth.

And, do not ever attempt to put words in my mouth again

Stop whining. No one put words in your mouth.

I used YOUR rather dubious "logic" and turned it right around on you. Perhaps now you can see how fucking stupid it was. YOU stated that parents who want to control their kids' curriculum should homeschool their kids. I agreed.  I don't see why you are upset that someone actually agreed with you. Surprised I could have understood.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.8    2 years ago
Schools are not teaching CRT which has been told to you over and over again.

Is this one of those "If you repeat a lie over and over again, it becomes truth" moments?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.10    2 years ago
Is this one of those "If you repeat a lie over and over again, it becomes truth" moments?

Looks like he swallowed what one particular poster has been selling ad nauseum.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.12  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.9    2 years ago

No, CRT is not being taught in K through 12.  And you turned nothing around on me. 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.13  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.10    2 years ago

Nope, it is actual fact.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.12    2 years ago

[removrd]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.15  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.12    2 years ago
No, CRT is not being taught in K through 12. 

I know you and yours actually believe that shit.

But I figure a school superintendent is a far better source of truth and accuracy that ya'll are:

Nikolai Vitti, the superintendent of Detroit Public Schools, acknowledged that critical race theory is taught in district public schoolsduring a Detroit school boardmeeting on Nov. 9.

It doesn't matter if you deny I turned your dubious "logic" on you, you also deny facts like CRT in schools. The post is still right there for all to read.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.16  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.12    2 years ago
No, CRT is not being taught in K through 12.

Somebody's not paying attention.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.17  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.15    2 years ago

You people are so scared of actual history being taught.  It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.  

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.18  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.16    2 years ago

Yes, you really do need to start paying attention.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.6    2 years ago
Absolutely nothing, and it just goes to show that your reading comprehension is terrible.

My comprehension is working fine.  You just need to pay attention to what's really going on around you and stop relying on bloggers for your "information".  Seems you are upset that the parents are seeing that the fiction called CRT is being brought into schools and are standing up against it.  

their crotch goblins

There's the love and tolerance we've come to see from the left.  Way to keep it "classy".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.17    2 years ago
You people are so scared of actual history being taught

Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough,

COUGH!

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.21  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.20    2 years ago

Another childish reply.  

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.22  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.14    2 years ago

[removed,]  [Comment referred to was flagged and dealt with]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.24  Tessylo  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.8    2 years ago

They don't seem to retain the knowledge that CRT is not being taught in schools ANYWHERE.  It's a non-issue.  Like the freedom convoy - really petered out in DC.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.25  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.22    2 years ago

th?id=OIP.aswE__lBHsGHuXRKzeNzgQHaHa&w=204&h=204&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&dpr=1.5&pid=3.1&rm=2

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.26  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.2.23    2 years ago

Sure you are.  And, no I will not apologize to anyone and you are no one to demand I do.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.27  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.21    2 years ago
Another childish reply.  

I sometimes find it necessary to communicate at a level that can be comprehended by the intended targets.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.28  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.24    2 years ago
They don't seem to retain the knowledge that CRT is not being taught in schools ANYWHERE.  It's a non-issue.  Like the freedom convoy - really petered out in DC

Why do you persist in denying reality?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.29  Tessylo  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.2.23    2 years ago

And I'm the Queen of Sheba.  

CRT IS NOT BEING TAUGHT IN SCHOOLS.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.30  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.25    2 years ago

Keep your tissues for yourself as you are the one whining and crying about CRT.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.31  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.22    2 years ago
Isn't using my screen name that way considered taunting????

You're right. It isn't

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.32  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.27    2 years ago

No you made a childish reply because you are acting like a child.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.33  Tessylo  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.13    2 years ago

They only deal in projection, deflection, and denial.

TRUTH/FACTS/REALITY=LIBERAL

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.34  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.29    2 years ago
CRT IS NOT BEING TAUGHT IN SCHOOLS.

Aren't you tired of denying the truth?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.35  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.33    2 years ago
TRUTH/FACTS/REALITY=LIBERAL

Liberal WHAT?????????????????????

Damn sure can't mean liberals embrace those things.

Or can even recognize them.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.36  Greg Jones  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.8    2 years ago

Get over yourself.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.37  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.30    2 years ago
Keep your tissues for yourself as you are the one whining and crying about CRT.  

LMMFAO!

You are a real hoot!

Here you are denying it is in schools despite being provided a link telling you the exact opposite.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.38  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.35    2 years ago

You didn't know today was "Tell a Joke" day here on NT? 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.39  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.31    2 years ago

Actually, it is.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.40  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.36    2 years ago

Nope.  You get over yourself.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.41  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.26    2 years ago
you are no one to demand I do.  

The words "you can" carry a definition as a demand to you? 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.2.42  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.41    2 years ago

I'll make myself perfectly clear for you.  I will never apologize to you or anyone else whether you ask or demand that I do.  Do you understand now or should I use smaller words?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.43  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.42    2 years ago
I'll make myself perfectly clear for you.  I will never apologize to you or anyone else whether you ask or demand that I do.

I have never asked nor demanded you apologize to me.

In FACT, no one demanded you apologize.

They specifically stated you can.

That isn't a demand no matter how you manage to spin it.

What in the hell would I do with an apology from you anyway?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.44  Tessylo  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.2.17    2 years ago

"You people are so scared of actual history being taught.  It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad."

Ya!  They're fighting something that doesn't exist.  That isn't being taught in schools K-12.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.45  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.44    2 years ago
That isn't being taught in schools K-12.

Facts tell us differently.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.46  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.44    2 years ago
T he superintendent of Detroit Public Schools said the district has embedded critical race theory in its school curriculum and criticized the Michigan state Legislature for attempting to ban it.

Nikolai Vitti, the superintendent of Detroit Public Schools, acknowledged that critical race theory is taught in district public schools   during a Detroit school board   meeting on Nov. 9.

“Our curriculum is deeply using critical race theory, especially in social studies, but you’ll find it in English Language Arts and the other disciplines,” Vitti said. “We’re very intentional about creating a curriculum, infusing materials, and embedding critical race theory within our curriculum.”

Helps to read the research people provide you. Here it is again ICYMI

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.47  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.45    2 years ago

Facts, who needs stinking facts, they only get in the way with the narrative?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.48  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.46    2 years ago
Helps to read the research people provide you. Here it is again ICYMI

Waste of time, as links are for others to provide and certain people to completely ignore even after demanding proof.

I suppose one can choose to ignore all facts and repeat ad nauseum what the DNC, CNN, and MSNBC shills out to them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.49  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.44    2 years ago

Fighting something that doesn't exist.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.50  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.44    2 years ago

No one has provided any proof that any public schools K-12 are teaching CRT.  None whatsoever.  It isn't happening.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.51  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.50    2 years ago
No one has provided any proof that any public schools K-12 are teaching CRT.  None whatsoever.  It isn't happening. 

Denying what is CLEARLY before you is rather silly. EVERYONE can see you have been provided with facts and simply chosen to go with your alternative "facts".

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.52  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.50    2 years ago

That you refuse to see what is right under your nose doesn't mean it isn't there. There are several provided proofs both here and it the past that you simply refuse because you can't stand being wrong. Pretty child-like.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.2.53  Snuffy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.52    2 years ago

This is my number 1 complaint about this site.  There are too many (more on the left but there are a few on the right) who refuse to accept anything that doesn't match up with their pre-conceived ideas and refuse to discuss things.  They can only be counted on to reply with their constant denials of anything that is outside of their belief system.  I find it rather boring myself.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.54  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.53    2 years ago
I find it rather boring myself.

And it lowers the perceived IQ of the site by outside observers.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.55  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.53    2 years ago

The thing that lowers the perception of this site to outsiders is the endless, ridiculous defenses of Trump. 

Did I mention they are ridiculous? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.56  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.55    2 years ago

I think it's just the opposite. For 4 years I saw a multitude of hate fests involving Trump posted here. He is no longer President, the country is going through multiple crisis and yet I still see seeds on Trump. That's not all. It's the nastiness and smearing of so many individuals as racists that keeps decent folk away.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.2.57  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.55    2 years ago

Is it any more than the non-stop ridiculous attacks on Trump?  Not everything he did was wrong or bad but for some reason there are too many people who don't want to look at the individual actions, all they can do is dump on him and smear anybody who isn't in that echo chamber as a racist.  Hell I've been labeled a trumpest all because I won't bitch about every fucking thing he did.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.58  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.57    2 years ago

Donald Trump tried to bribe the president of a foreign country to investigate Trumps election opponent. 

Trump tried to overthrow the legitimate election results of his own government and country.

Trump lied tens of thousands of times to the American people, often about trivial matters related to his pathological narcissism. 

The very fact that you can claim that " Not everything he did was wrong or bad" is bizarre. He is/was the most unfit for office national politician in at least the last 100 years, and most likely ever. 

People like you should be happy there is so much misinformation and apathy in this country. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.59  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.58    2 years ago
" Not everything he did was wrong or bad" is bizarre.

It's beyond bizarre.   Glad you brought it up.  We treat whatshisname so unfairly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.60  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.55    2 years ago

Then quit bringing him up FFS.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.61  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.58    2 years ago
Donald Trump tried to bribe the president of a foreign country to investigate Trumps election opponent.

Joe Biden Leveraged Aid To Remove Top Prosecutor As Part Anti-Corruption Efforts

It's true that Joe Biden leveraged $1 billion in aid to persuade Ukraine to oust its top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, in March 2016. But it wasn't because Shokin was investigating Burisma. It was because Shokin wasn't pursuing corruption among the country's politicians.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.62  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.59    2 years ago

Look at the deflection John in 3.2.61

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.2.63  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.46    2 years ago
Helps to read the research people provide you.

" Vitti returned to the topic at a board meeting the following week, saying critical race theory is not a part of DPSCD curriculum but does inform anti-racist efforts in the district. Critical race theory isn’t taught in Detroit schools, Vitti said , but the district embraces its goal of acknowledging historic inequities based on race, class and gender."

“Someone from the outside could look at this and say ‘well, this should be banned because it’s critical race theory.’ It is and it’s not,” Vitti said in November. “It’s really what you actually do in the classroom, the questions you ask and how you structure the content. What this is, is a commitment to anti-racist instruction in teaching and curriculum . A lot of people think that is critical race theory in and of itself. It’s not .”

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.64  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.63    2 years ago

So someone lit her up for admitting it and she had to backtrack at the next board meeting.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.65  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.63    2 years ago

See the denial?  Unreal.  Refusing to accept the fact that it's not taught.  

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.66  Right Down the Center  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.61    2 years ago

Again with the facts.  Stop that right now, unless Donald is the target. jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.67  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.63    2 years ago

Of course he backtracked.  That's what happens when you are a Democrat who  speaks an inconvenient truth. The truth hurts politically, so he lied,  Just like the NEA going the Stalinist route of erasing their vote in support of CRT in schools last summer.  

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.68  Right Down the Center  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.67    2 years ago
NEA

Did you mention CRT?  Que up the "CRT is not being taught in schools" reality deniers.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.2.69  Sean Treacy  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.68    2 years ago
  Que up the "CRT is not being taught in schools" reality deniers.

It's crazy but I get it.  It's easier just make blanket denials than defend the substance.  I've even been told CRT is one specific text and since that particular text ins't taught, CRT isn't taught. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.70  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.69    2 years ago

Funny thing is, I have never seen any examples of it being taught...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.71  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.68    2 years ago
Did you mention CRT?  Que up the "CRT is not being taught in schools" reality deniers.

You know what is really crazy?

One side insists that CRT isn't taught.

So why do they care if a law prohibits what isn't being taught from being taught?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.72  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @3.2.70    2 years ago
"Funny thing is, I have never seen any examples of it being taught..."

There's a very good reason for that ...IT'S NOT.

The alt right morons are even making up laws that it's not allowed to be taught WHEN IT'S NOT BEING TAUGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE.  Fucking loons!

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.73  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.72    2 years ago

Next thing we will be told is if a teacher teaches about communism, they are teaching communism...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.74  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.72    2 years ago
There's a very good reason for that ...IT'S NOT. The alt right morons are even making up laws that it's not allowed to be taught WHEN IT'S NOT BEING TAUGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE. 

If it isn't being taught, why on earth would you give a damn if some law prohibits what you claim isn't taught?

That is senseless.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.75  Right Down the Center  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.2.69    2 years ago

I saw that too.  It seems unless it is called CRT at a specific school they run and hide behind that even though the theories behind CRT are most definitely being taught.  They won't believe teachers, administrators or even parents looking over their kids shoulders while at home that say it is and insist they don't see it or any examples of it.  Chances are they won't see anything if their eyes are always closed.  I happened to see training that our local teachers had to take over the summer.  It was definitely CRT and the teachers refused to teach it, so I guess in that case they are right, CRT is not being taught in my local schools, but it is not for lack of trying.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.77  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.71    2 years ago

It does seem pretty strange, it is probably because of Trump.jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.2.78  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.58    2 years ago
The very fact that you can claim that " Not everything he did was wrong or bad" is bizarre.

Thanks for proving my point and at the same time attempting to smear me for what I said.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.79  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.74    2 years ago

Right. Prohibit something that doesn't exist.......................in some minds. It is truly mind boggling how some people think.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.80  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.78    2 years ago
Thanks for proving my point and at the same time attempting to smear me for what I said. 

If you aren't aboard the "I Hate Trump" train, then you are a Trump supporter to some folks.

There is no other choice, according to one.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.81  Right Down the Center  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.79    2 years ago
It is truly mind boggling how some people think.

I believe thinking has very little to do with it.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.82  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @3.2.80    2 years ago

It is quite amusing that some Trump haters spend more time and energy hanging on his every word and whatever he does than most of the actual Trump supporters.  They really need to get another hobby.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.83  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.78    2 years ago

You smear yourself. That has been obvious for some time. You have consistently contended that something or other about Trump was not that bad. Why?  He is easily the most unfit for office politician on a national level that people alive today have ever seen. No one else is in the ballpark. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.84  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.2.63    2 years ago

We should be teaching America's schoolchildren to be anti-racist. It is totally appropriate. The issue is really the feelings of the kids parents who dont want to hear that their parents and grandparents were racists. Hurts their feelings. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.2.85  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.83    2 years ago
He is easily the most unfit for office politician on a national level that people alive today have ever seen. No one else is in the ballpark. 

But that does not mean that EVERYTHING he said and did was bad or wrong.   Just like not EVERYTHING that Obama did was wrong, and not EVERYTHING that Biden has done in the past year was right.  These are still just people and none of them are 100% good or bad.  

And no,  you definitely smear people in your responses.  I don't call  you names, or say you're actions are ridiculous or bizarre.

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
3.2.86  Nowhere Man  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.79    2 years ago
Right. Prohibit something that doesn't exist.......................in some minds. It is truly mind boggling how some people think.

I made the claim and the Education persons on the board denied it vehemently, I provided the direct, undeniable evidence and the Education persons on the board stopped commenting on it... In fact they don't go anywhere near it anymore.. The ones in my family? same reaction... all denials gone....

That's all the proof I need...  And Trust me we have liberal educators on the board that would be providing all kinds of arguments about it.. except that the proof is widely available and plain...

The Political hacks that argue for arguments sake out of pure hate only expose themselves when they do it... Educated persons don't argue it anymore... there's too much proof...

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
3.2.87  Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.83    2 years ago
You smear yourself. That has been obvious for some time. You have consistently contended that something or other about Trump was not that bad. Why?  He is easily the most unfit for office politician on a national level that people alive today have ever seen. No one else is in the ballpark. 

John, you have been smearing yourself with your Trump hate and Hillary adulation for almost 7 years now... Remember your exhortation of the "Mountain of Trash" campaign you foisted all over the board since Cruz dropped out leaving Trump as the only candidate standing? two months before the convention?

It's like your stuck in a time bubble and have no way to get out...  It's your defining theme...

How sad for you...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.88  Split Personality  replied to  Nowhere Man @3.2.86    2 years ago

Your repeated quoting ( cherry picking)  of one paragraph of the Doctors comment doesn't win many arguments

when she clearly states the opposite in the same statement and you ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

It doesn't mean you have won anyone over to your position,

it means people avoid the same tedious repetitious and strenuous

conversation with you.

Just my thoughts

Nowhere Man
Junior Participates
3.2.89  Nowhere Man  replied to  Split Personality @3.2.88    2 years ago
Your repeated quoting ( cherry picking)  of one paragraph of the Doctors comment doesn't win many arguments when she clearly states the opposite in the same statement and you ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I posted the whole damned document and several others...

Nice out of context cherry picking by excluding the relevant points of her statements...

No one wants to touch it cause the only way they can is to ignore the Dr's own conclusions she states so clearly in her own document...

"YES it is being taught, we just don't call it that"

You can restate the excuses she tells people to use to argue against it, but the end conclusion clarifies the why of all the excuses...

Like I've said before there is no way around that one... She was explaining how to defend it against the actual proof... Which is what your doing, exactly what she said to do in the exact manner she said to do it...

Nice clean robotic response...

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.90  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.84    2 years ago
We should be teaching America's schoolchildren to be anti-racist. It is totally appropriate. The issue is really the feelings of the kids parents who dont want to hear that their parents and grandparents were racists. Hurts their feelings. 

We should be teaching America's schoolchildren about the U.S. past with regards to racism along with the things that have been done (especially after 1964) to make the country a better place for all it's citizens.   It is totally appropriate. We should not be teaching all children that all their parents and grandparents were/are racist.  It is just a lie and should not be part of what we teach our children.  Why would anyone want to teach children things that are not true?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.91  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.90    2 years ago

I do believe that history as taught with the slavery component as well as leading up to the present it would let them figure out for themselves that it was a bad thing that happened. And I agree with making sure we add the "since 1964" thing in there to show how things have changed with great emphasis

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.92  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.90    2 years ago

It is undeniable, to people who take the subject matter seriously, that for most of American history the United States has been a majority racist country. This is not really debatable, and if you think it is please give us a decade when the majority of Americans were not racist, and we can look back through the news and other data from that decade related to race and see what we find. 

When do people of color get a say in what is taught to schoolchildren? 

The truth is that instilling anti-racism in children will not hurt a soul, but rather will expand Americans understanding of their society. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.93  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.92    2 years ago
When do people of color get a say in what is taught to schoolchildren?

Who said they don't now?

jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.94  Right Down the Center  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.2.91    2 years ago

Yep, that is kinda what I was saying without actually saying it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.2.95  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.94    2 years ago

And I agree

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.96  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.92    2 years ago

I don't believe there is any actual data as to how many people were racist for any decade so there is no way to actually prove it.  I will admit there may  have been times when the majority of people were racist (maybe) but that time is long gone.  It is still wrong to try and teach children that their parents or grandparents were racist when in reality there is a good chance it is a lie.  I would have no issue with them saying the percent of people that were racist for every decade if they could actually get the data to prove it.

I have seen plenty of people of color speaking at school board meetings, many of them against CRT.  It seems they get as much say as anyone else in school.  Are you saying there are school districts that are not allowing people of color to speak at their meetings?

They already are teaching about racism in schools, they can do it without lying about it.  In fact lying about it is counter-productive to what they are trying to accomplish. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.2.97  Snuffy  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.96    2 years ago

Now you know you're gonna get pushback on this.  As they will point out, of course people are just as racist today (if not worse) than 100 years ago because you see it everywhere.  Problem is it's like shark attacks.  Statistically there are no more shark attacks on people swimming in the ocean today then there were 100 years ago but because of the 24x7 news cycle we hear about each individual attack and it's human nature to feel that it's happening more often because we hear of it so much more.  

I agree that racism is better today than it was 100 years ago.  I think the odds of another Tulsa Massacre is very very slim.  That doesn't mean that all racism is gone, we still have more work to do.  But I don't think that we can teach against racism by separating children by race.  Its my understanding that children are not born racist, it's something they learn from their friends and family, from news and television shows and movies.  It's a learned behavior.  So teaching what has happened is a good thing but like so many it gets pushed further than it really should be.  

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.98  Right Down the Center  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.97    2 years ago
So teaching what has happened is a good thing but like so many it gets pushed further than it really should be. 

I fail to understand why liberals think a way to promote an agenda is to bully or shame people into doing what they want.  Telling kids this is a racist country and their parents are racist puts them on the defensive and only makes teaching them about the past of the US all the tougher.  You would think they would learn that calling people deplorable did not get them more votes or calling people ignorant did not make more people want to get vaccinated.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.99  Right Down the Center  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.97    2 years ago
But I don't think that we can teach against racism by separating children by race.

This strategy is as dumb as it gets.  Teach kids we are all the same by separating them and treating them differently.  Yep, nothing can go wrong with that.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.3  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Sorry, John. This country will never be China no matter how hard Democrats push it. No radical reprogramming centers using the public schools. 

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.3.1  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Ronin2 @3.3    2 years ago

No one wants the US to be China, but you would lose a key conservative talking point if you admitted that.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.3.1    2 years ago
No one wants the US to be China, but you would lose a key conservative talking point if you admitted that.  

(Cough, cough)-bullshit-(cough, cough).

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.3.3  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.2    2 years ago

You should take some medication for that nasty cough.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.3.3    2 years ago
You should take some medication for that nasty cough

Sorry, just a reaction when I read pure bullshit.

I'll try to work on it.

You can help by not posting bullshit.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
3.3.5  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.4    2 years ago

I have never posted bullshit.  That's your department.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @3.3.5    2 years ago

[removed]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.3.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.4    2 years ago
Sorry, just a reaction when I read pure bullshit.

The only bullshit was claiming Democrats are pushing us towards communism. Anyone with more than half a brain can see how Democrats embrace capitalism and wouldn't ever want to live without it. The problem is that some whiny conservatives imagine any social program as being "socialist" or "communist" which of course is total horse shit and just proves they don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.8  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.3.7    2 years ago
The only bullshit was claiming Democrats are pushing us towards communism.

Why are bothering me with that crap?

Did you imagine I said any of that?

Please at least relate your comments to me to something I have actually posted .

Or just keep posting strawman arguments to me that I will ignore.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

You might need a new code book, yours is obviously caca.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Give it up John

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

Or is it code for "Progressives have gone bat-shit crazy"?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 years ago

_v=63f541646227096

the-church-lady-snl.jpg

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

So now you are saying a cis female looks like a guy in drag.

Better watch it John; or they are going to revoke you woke LBQT card.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    2 years ago
So now you are saying a cis female looks like a guy in drag.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    2 years ago

FM0JjsmXsAMoTtI?format=jpg&name=900x900

Two "hot" racist babes open up for multiracial tonsil massaging. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

Way to denigrate women John! That is keeping with the true spirit of hypocritical Democrats everywhere! jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    2 years ago

Women? I suppose, but definitely not ladies...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    2 years ago

Just a little innocent fun. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @5.1.1    2 years ago

And another to join the leftist anti women parade.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    2 years ago

Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify treating women as lesser. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    2 years ago
Way to denigrate women John! That is keeping with the true spirit of hypocritical Democrats everywhere!

By the way, why were these two morons shouting during the State Of The Union address ? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    2 years ago

Freedom of speech. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.5    2 years ago

Their freedom to announce they're stupid racist and ugly bitches!.  

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.8  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.6    2 years ago

'Freedom of Speech' has become a cheap call for elevating stupidity into realms it does not belong. The phrase is losing meaning everytime it is used.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hallux @5.1.8    2 years ago

In that case, perhaps it will achieve the irrelevance that the race card has attained.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hallux @5.1.8    2 years ago
'Freedom of Speech' has become a cheap call for elevating stupidity into realms it does not belong.

So it's like the left declaring everybody and everything they disagree with "racist" or "bigoted".  Your statement also indicates you would support removing freedom of speech from our Bill of Rights.  Is that accurate?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.4    2 years ago

It's all fun and games when progressives exhibit their misogyny.

And yet, their reactions when a conservative does the same is legendary!  They become unglued and unhinged, trying to shout the loudest about how terrible the misogyny is!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.7    2 years ago

[deleted]

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.9    2 years ago

There are a lot of sardines on both sides to fry Jim and you know I don't play the race card.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Hallux @5.1.13    2 years ago

Didn't say you did/do.

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Hallux  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.10    2 years ago

Neither of your statements are accurate. Like it or not, the internet has evolved into an infinite number of soapboxes with an infinite number of users lifting the lid of what they believe to be their personal Pandora's Box thinking the last gnat to fly out is Hope ... the Gods loved the joke.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.7    2 years ago
Their freedom to announce they're stupid racist and ugly bitches!.

A misogynistic comment.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hallux @5.1.15    2 years ago

Looking at 5.1.7 .  do you still find it inaccurate that anybody who stands against the mindlessness of the left are labeled racists or bigots?  We seem to see that a lot coming from those you associate with here on NT.

It's YOUR statement " 'Freedom of Speech' has become a cheap call for elevating stupidity into realms it does not belong ." that indicates that you are willing to take away somebody else's rights.  So, exactly what "realms" does Freedom of Speech not belong?  

Hallux
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Hallux  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.1.17    2 years ago

... and a lot of those you 'associate' with here equate the democrats on this board with communists and other assorted totalitarians. Bathe in your own dirty water Jeremy.

.... "So, exactly what "realms" does Freedom of Speech not belong?

Shall we start with the bigotry that has led 'We The People' to morph into 'Me The People'?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hallux @5.1.18    2 years ago
'We The People' to morph into 'Me The People'?

Ok, haven't heard that one.  But I have head "If you don't know if you are with me or Trump then you aint black"....

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

Deep Throat 2022 GOP style. 

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.1  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    2 years ago

original

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5.2.1    2 years ago

Biden should have paid tribute to the 13 fallen HEROES in Afghanistan that lost their lives.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @5.2.1    2 years ago

Nice meme.

Here is reality.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

"When Biden said flag draped coffins I couldn't stay silent. I told him directly he did it. He put 13 in there. Our heroic servicemen and women deserve so much better."  Lauren Boebert

Stop calling everyone a racist

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.3    2 years ago

oh please

Ties to Far-Right Militias With White Nationalist Roots

In addition to her Jan. 6 tweets that shared House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s location and that “Today is 1776,” Boebert faced scrutiny and calls to resign over her connections to the far-right militia groups that were central to the day’s events.

“I have constituents outside this building right now and I promised to be their voice,” Boebert said on the House floor as she objected to the certification of the 2020 election results moments before rioters invaded the building.

Boebert has long embraced the far-right militias, appearing at events with them and even asking members of the white nationalist paramilitary group the   Three Percenters   to provide security at her campaign events,  as reported by CTR’s Erik Maulbetsch in July . The group had  a strong presence  at the Jan. 6 riot.

Boebert also appeared at a rally in opposition to Colorado’s “red flag” gun law in December of 2019 alongside members of the Three Percenters and the Proud Boys,  Maulbetsch reported .

In an official campaign photo, Boebert posed with the Colorado “Boots on the Ground” Bikers for Trump group, which includes a man wearing a Three Percenter patch.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-19-at-5.04.14-PM-1024x606.jpg.webphttps://ctr-aws.s3.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Screen-Shot-2021-05-19-at-5.04.14-PM-300x177.jpg.webp 300w, 768w, 1000w, 800w, 600w, 400w, 1214w" >
Both the Three Percenters and the Proud Boys participated in the white supremacist Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville in 2017. Three Percenters member Alex Ramos is serving a prison sentence for a violent assault on a Black man by a group of white men in a parking garage during the rally.

Speaking of the Proud Boys, Boebert’s former campaign manager, Sherronna Bishop, praised the white nationalist group on her radio show when she interviewed a member of the group.

“Thank God for the Proud Boys,” said Bishop on the show. Boebert   appears to still be close   to Bishop.

Anti-Immigrant Policy and Rhetoric

As with many political issues, Boebert’s rhetoric on immigration closely mirrors Donald Trump’s. In fact, she introduced   a bill   in March that would codify into law Trump’s immigration orders, such as building a wall and retaining the “remain in Mexico” policy, which allows border officers to return non-Mexican asylum seekers to dangerous locations in Mexico as their claims are adjudicated in U.S. immigration courts.

Another Boebert bill, the   “No Amnesty Act ,” would nullify President Joe Biden’s orders that restored the U.S. asylum system and added protections for refugees.

Beyond policy, Boebert’s rhetoric on immigration matches Trump’s as well. She often   promotes   myths that serve to vilify undocumented immigrants, like that they contribute to higher crime rates ( They don’t   – in fact, they’re   less likely   to commit crimes than citizens.) and that they’re taking the jobs of non-immigrants and straining the U.S. economy ( They’re not .).

RELATED :   “A Brief History of Boebert’s Problem With Telling the Truth”

Immigrants represent a large portion of Boebert’s constituency and form a critical part of the resort town and agricultural workforces that are central to her district’s economy.

In March,   Boebert compared Biden’s dogs to undocumented immigrants   after an unfortunate biting incident at the White House, writing on Twitter, “Biden can deport his dogs for violent acts, but not illegal immigrants. I guess the White House isn’t a sanctuary city.”

Moreover, Boebert   has employed a white supremacist theory   in her scourge against immigrants often referred to as the “white replacement theory” that posits that people of color are replacing white populations.

She’s even gone so far as to promote the conspiracy that Democrats support immigration simply because it gives them an electoral advantage, and that immigrant voters will replace white, non-immigrant voters.

On April 13,  Boebert tweeted , “Kamala’s border assignment is simple: Keep the new voters coming.”

Anti-Asian Hate

Just this week, Boebert voted against a bipartisan bill addressing the rise of anti-Asian hate crimes amid the pandemic, including the recent mass killings of Asian women in Atlanta.

Boebert broke with her Colorado Republican colleagues in Congress to reject the measure, which instructs the Department of Justice to expedite the review of anti-Asian hate crimes related to COVID-19 and makes it easier to report those crimes.

The bill passed the U.S. Senate almost unanimously before passing in the U.S. House of Representatives yesterday with significant bipartisan support.

The congresswoman has echoed Trump’s anti-Asian rhetoric when talking about the coronavirus, often calling it the ‘China virus.’

In January, she   criticized   Biden’s executive order that requires federal agencies not to use racially insensitive terms to refer to COVID-19.

Critical Race Theory

Boebert and Republicans across the country have recently taken aim at curriculums that acknowledge the country’s history of racism.

Republicans like Boebert are calling for bans on the teaching of critical race theory, the academic concept of systemic racism that shows how racism is embedded in societal structures.

At a press conference last week, Boebert called it “nothing more than modern-day racism” and called for parents who oppose it to run for school boards.

“Our children are so valuable, their future is so valuable, and we cannot lose it to something like this racist critical race theory,” Boebert said. “The Democrats want to fundamentally change America. If we don’t stop teaching critical race theory, then we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children that what it was once like in the United States when men and women were free.”

A Brief History of Boebert's Racism (coloradotimesrecorder.com)

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.3.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.1    2 years ago

So tell us John, which biker in the photo is wearing a 3 percenter patch? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.3.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @5.3.2    2 years ago

My guess would be all of them. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.3    2 years ago

I'm guessing Boebert has the biggest dick out of all of them.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.3.3    2 years ago

Bad guess.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.4    2 years ago

Horrible guess.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Jennifer 'I stand with Ukraine' Rubin 🇺🇦🇺🇦@JRubinBlogger · 11hMarco Rubio might be off the hook for the worst response to a SOTU.

I didn’t watch her speech, but this encapsulates the integrity of democratic pundits as well as anything.  

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

So that is the repub rebuttal, how do the Ukrainians that Joe says he stands with think about it? 

Hallux
Professor Principal
7.1  Hallux  replied to  Right Down the Center @7    2 years ago

We know what Oleksandra Ustinova thinks about it.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
7.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Hallux @7.1    2 years ago

And you are a spokesman for "we"?  Was there a problem with me supplying a link so people could see itfor themselves if they so choose?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8  Snuffy    2 years ago

Oh Psaki,  was this your final moment in the briefing room?  I mean, come on.  Pointing out that the pattern of Putin invading also coincides with Biden being in power in the White House?  Oh my....