╌>

A lesson in Morality

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  171 comments

A lesson in Morality
“The fight is here (in Kyiv); I need ammunition, not a ride.”

The war in Ukraine is not stopping it's raging. The leader of the Ukraine, who stands as example of fortitude & integrity for the decadent west, famously rebuffed the US’ attempts to evacuate him safely from the country, declaring “The fight is here (in Kyiv); I need ammunition, not a ride.” He has filmed himself and posted to social media as he strode the sidewalk outside government headquarters in Kyiv, exhorting his compatriots to stand firm against the Russian onslaught.

Yesterday Vladimir Putin concluded his conversation with French "leader" Emmanuel Macron by saying "things are going to get a lot worse. This past week has seen Russia capture a Ukrainian city and the country's largest nuclear power plant as well as laying siege to numerous Ukrainian cities. Thousands are fleeing Ukraine as the Ukrainians fight on.

The Week:

The State of the Union: The 2022 State of the Union speech as delivered by Joe Biden was a mediocre speech poorly delivered.  The ever confused Biden subjected all who listened to his halting manner of speaking, marked by brutally smudged syllables. As a matter of fact the night was filled with even more flubs than usual, with the lowlight coming early on when the president predicted (no doubt accurately) that Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine would ensure the Russian president never wins "the hearts and souls of the Iranian people." There was one single highlight that Biden must be given credit for - when Biden explicitly rejected the activist-driven imperative to "defund the police."

The end to political theatre: The CDC announced last Friday that more than half of the nation's counties at low or medium risk for Covid, and therefore masks are no longer necessary there. Those counties account for roughly 70 percent of people in the country. The State of the Union address which followed was noteworthy for the total absence of masks. The announcement immediately followed polls showing that democrats were going to pay heavily for mask mandates. What a shock?

Gas prices: On average gas today costs over 30 cents more than February’s monthly average of $3.413. The cost of gas is likely to keep increasing as the war in Ukraine rages on and U.S. energy companies continue to cut ties with Russia. The price of gas is up 61% since Joe Biden became president.

Iran nuclear deal 2.0: Joe Biden inches closer to another terrible deal with Iran. Biden’s version would lift US sanctions on Iran, the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism, and leave Tehran’s illicit nuclear infrastructure intact without first demanding a full accounting of Iran’s secret nuclear work.

What have we learned?:

We learned that those who should know better seem to think that $30,000 electric cars are somehow affordable and that high gas prices should be used to force people to buy them. We learned that the Ukrainians are on their own in a David vs Goliath fight because of nuclear weapons. It is nuclear weapons that forces the west to accept the unacceptable. It is the terrible legacy of the way WWII ended and the acquisition of those weapons either by espionage or leftist cooperation by the Communist powers.

Cartoon of the week:

cartoon-3-4-22.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Honorable mention:

For the second week in a row, it's this man:

Untitled-53.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Russian shelling caused a fire to break out at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant (ZNPP), but Ukrainian State Emergency Service units put out the fire as of 6:20 a.m., the State Nuclear Regulatory Inspectorate  reported . The agency could not provide information about the dead and injured.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Good morning. Good wrap. And, to add to one of your points, yesterday, gas here was $3.49. This morning, it is $3.69.  Up $.020 in the matter of 24 hours.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1    2 years ago

$3.74 in my area.

zuksam
Junior Silent
1.1.2  zuksam  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.1    2 years ago

Went by the gas station down the street at 6am this morning and it was 3.99 for regular, passed by again at 8am and it was 4.09.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1    2 years ago

$3.89 here. Rumor has it that there were two hold out stations at $3.52- tried one this morning before getting into work- went well out of my way to do so (car takes premium- so I am paying 60 cents more a gallon than regular). Sign said $3.89 and pump said $3.89. 

That is what I get for listening to online rumors and using gas apps. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Sunshine  replied to  zuksam @1.1.2    2 years ago

I filled up at Costco yesterday at $3.49.  Not sure what it is today but the highest sign I saw on my way to work this morning was $3.74.  

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1.5  Snuffy  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.4    2 years ago

The Fry's (Kroger) near me  was $3.99 yesterday.   Wonder what it will get to my Memorial Day...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.1    2 years ago

$5.00 for 87 unleaded is common here

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.7  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sunshine @1.1.1    2 years ago

$3.89 a gallon for regular in SE Arizona on the border this morning. Was $3.49 a gallon yesterday. Put $26.00 in my 98 Ford Taurus wagon this morning and did not even get half a tank!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2  Sunshine    2 years ago

Horrible week.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sunshine @2    2 years ago

Indeed.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
There was one single highlight that Biden must be given credit for - when Biden explicitly rejected the activist-driven imperative to "defund the police."

Not that people should ever forget that he was a stout supporter of defunding law enforcement.

The CDC announced last Friday that more than half of the nation's counties at low or medium risk for Covid, and therefore masks are no longer necessary there.

And just in time for mid-terms.  But that still wont make people forget about the long list of other problems facing the country on account of this train wreck administration.

On average gas today costs over 30 cents more than February’s monthly average of $3.413.

Wait!!!!  Didn't Bumbling Biden tell everybody that gas prices wouldn't go up?

Biden’s version would lift US sanctions on Iran, the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism, and leave Tehran’s illicit nuclear infrastructure intact without first demanding a full accounting of Iran’s secret nuclear work.

This fits right in with Biden's history of foreign policy.  50 years and he's been on the wrong side EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  And yet Democrats and the left cannot seem to see the problem.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.1  evilone  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    2 years ago
Not that people should ever forget that he was a stout supporter of defunding law enforcement.

Come on Jim. There are enough things to hit Biden over, but he was never a stout supporter of defunding law enforcement. He's always been pretty centrists about it. The Admin rhetoric on policing is more on stuff like improving training and barring chokeholds. It was talked about quite a bit during the primaries as Biden was getting more traction as the Dem candidate. In fact the Admin increased spending in 2021 for LE grant programs including the COPS Hiring Program.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @3.1    2 years ago

Whom are you addressing? Looks like Jeremy to me not Jim

evilone
Professor Guide
3.1.2  evilone  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.1.1    2 years ago

My mistake. Sorry, not enough coffee yet. LOL!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  evilone @3.1.2    2 years ago

No biggy...........carry on. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  evilone @3.1    2 years ago
The Admin rhetoric on policing is more on stuff like improving training and barring chokeholds.

The rhetoric is the problem.  More times than not, the rhetoric goes along with the idiots in the SJW movement.  Ill informed and oblivious to what it actually takes to do the job.  BTW, choke holds have been illegal for quite a while now.  What's the point of bringing it up again?  To make it more illegal?  

In fact the Admin increased spending in 2021 for LE grant programs including the COPS Hiring Program.

And what led to that?  Short answer is the rise of criminal activity when law enforcement budgets were cut.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.1.5  evilone  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1.4    2 years ago
The rhetoric is the problem.  More times than not, the rhetoric goes along with the idiots in the SJW movement.  Ill informed and oblivious to what it actually takes to do the job.  

Yes, for all the wing-nuts and partisans. More often than not partisans and wing-nuts get their talking points from their favorite propaganda bubble and won't ever, ever, except anything else. That's were we get terms like, "SJW", "fake news" and "deep state".

And what led to that? Short answer is the rise of criminal activity when law enforcement budgets were cut.

Again untrue. First only a few of the most liberal cities have been able to cut budgets and of those few most of them removed items like responding to mental health issues out of the police hands and put those funds into those with the proper training to deal with the people. Shootings have risen because there are more people with carry and conceal licenses and people are constantly told they have to be pissed off by the propaganda bubbles. The constant harping of everything has to be a side - education, pandemic, environment, entertainment... it's all now has a political edge (us or them) and it's making stupid people do stupid things. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Pompeo calls for US to recognize Taiwan as "free and sovereign country"

pompeomike_042121gn3_lead.jpg?itok=7I0fYXre

http:// hill.cm/BkFZGTW

I think we should recognize Taiwan as the one and only China!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    2 years ago

A great idea whose time has retuned 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Capitol riot defendant's 19-year-old son testifies he Googled FBI tip line to report father

http:// hill.cm/971em4J

As Roy Cohn used to say "Just give me his name!"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

On a bright note:

DeSantis declares wife Casey officially 'cancer-free' after battle with breast cancer

GnFEQidn?format=jpg&name=small

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.1  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago

Good news!  Beautiful family.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  JohnRussell    2 years ago
It is the terrible legacy of the way WWII ended and the acquisition of those weapons either by espionage or leftist cooperation by the Communist powers.

Do you think you were going to keep the atomic bomb from communist powers forever unless there was "leftist co-operation" with them?  That was 75 years ago. I think the commies would have figured it out by now. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @8    2 years ago

Despite being an ally during World War II, the Soviet Union launched an all-out espionage effort to uncover the military and defense secrets of the United States and Britain in the 1940s. Within days of Britain's highly classified decision in 1941 to begin research on building an atomic bomb, an informant in the British civil service notified the Soviets. As the top-secret plan to build the bomb, called the Manhattan Project, took shape in the United States, the Soviet spy ring got wind of it before the FBI knew of the secret program's existence. Barely four years after the United States dropped two atomic bombs on Japan in August 1945, the Soviet Union detonated its own in August 1949, much sooner that expected.

The Soviets did not lack for available recruits for spying, says John Earl Haynes, espionage historian and author of  Early Cold War Spies . What drove these college-educated Americans and Britons to sell their nations' atomic secrets? Some were ideologically motivated, enamored of communist beliefs, explains Haynes. Others were motivated by the notion of nuclear parity; one way to prevent a nuclear war, they reasoned, was to make sure that no nation had a monopoly on that awesome power.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
9  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

My question is What's next with the sanctions?  Assume that Ukraine will eventually surrender or a cease fire is somehow achieved do the sanctions against Russia suddenly disappear?  Being charged with war crimes will never amount to getting him out of power.  If we take sanctions off then it emboldens Putin to do it to other non nato countries (and maybe nato countries) only he will have to be more brutal and do it more quickly.  If the sanctions remain it will continue to squeeze the Russian people.  This gives the Russian people a few choices, live in squalor, oust Putin and hope for  help from the same people that instituted the sanctions or follow Putin down the rabbit hole and support Putin, blame and act out against all us "Nazis" that are forcing Putin to act like an animal.  Of course that is assuming Putin does not go for the nuclear option.  It seems getting information to the Russian people about the truth behind their leader is more important than ever but that may be more and more difficult since I hear the last independent TV station has closed it's doors and there has never been much of a free flow of information in Russia anyway.

I hope the powers that be are thinking about this because the fighting will eventually stop.

Where is the old CIA that would have taken care of this problem?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1  Sunshine  replied to  Right Down the Center @9    2 years ago

I believe this is just another Crimea.  All this talk of sanctions is chest beating.   Putin is making another power play because he can and he will do it again in a few years unless drastic changes are made and that will not happen.  The west has become complicit and change is difficult.  We learned nothing from WW2.  Speaking of WW2 where the hell is Japan? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @9.1    2 years ago

pMAIh93B?format=jpg&name=small

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    2 years ago

Heartbreaking.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
9.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Sunshine @9.1    2 years ago

Sounds about right.  The worst thing about it is trying to guess if he is paranoid enough to use nukes and how that fits into our response.  Maybe blowing up a nuke power plant or two is part of his plan, who knows.  It is impossible to get in the head of a nutcase

squiggy
Junior Silent
9.1.4  squiggy  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.1    2 years ago

For the shoddy contracting I’ve seen, I can’t believe all those compressors are still hanging on.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @9    2 years ago
Assume that Ukraine will eventually surrender or a cease fire is somehow achieved do the sanctions against Russia suddenly disappear? 

If Ukraine surrenders, Putin will install Viktor Yanukovych as Ukrainian leader. If Biden is still president those sanctions will stay in place. (Russia bad/China good)

If the sanctions remain it will continue to squeeze the Russian people.  This gives the Russian people a few choices, live in squalor, oust Putin and hope for  help from the same people that instituted the sanctions or follow Putin down the rabbit hole and support Putin, blame and act out against all us "Nazis" that are forcing Putin to act like an animal.  Of course that is assuming Putin does not go for the nuclear option.

I think we are forgetting that Putin has turned to the east, now that there are sanctions. China may buy all the oil he can't sell. India also seems to be with him.

He did find a way to use a nuclear option, didn't he?

It seems getting information to the Russian people about the truth behind their leader is more important than ever but that may be more and more difficult since I hear the last independent TV station has closed it's doors and there has never been much of a free flow of information in Russia anyway.

The Russian people are getting truthful information. Putin can and will suppress them. Do you remember this?

boris-nemtsov-memorial.jpg?fit=789%2C460
A portrait of Boris Nemtsov, the murdered Russian opposition leader, carried in a march in Moscow, March 1, 2015.

The protests were suppressed.

I hope the powers that be are thinking about this because the fighting will eventually stop.

It's long overdue.

Where is the old CIA that would have taken care of this problem?

Looking for insurrectionists.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.2    2 years ago
The Russian people are getting truthful information. Putin can and will suppress them. Do you remember this?

Yes I do remeber that-- it was from 2015.

But I wonder-- are the Russian people getting truth information now?

Here's an excellent seed by Tacos That presents more info on that very subject:

Ukraine War: 'My City's Being Shelled, But Mum Won't Believe Me' - BBC News

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    2 years ago

This page every week is like a John Birch Society newsletter. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
10.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @10    2 years ago

Yet here you are...........every week bitching

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
10.1.1  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @10.1    2 years ago
John Birch

Was he in the Beatles?

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.2  Krishna  replied to  Moose Knuckle @10.1.1    2 years ago
John Birch
Was he in the Beatles?

No.

It was actually a political group:

The John Birch Society  (JBS) is an American right-wing political advocacy group. Founded in 1958, it supports anti-communism and social conservatism and is associated with ultraconservative, radical right, or far-right politics.

The society's founder, businessman Robert W. Welch Jr. (1899–1985), developed an organizational infrastructure of nationwide chapters in December 1958.

The society rose quickly in membership and influence, and was controversial for its promotion of conspiracy theories. 

Eisenhower issue: Welch wrote in a widely circulated 1954 statement, The Politician, "Could Eisenhower really be simply a smart politician, entirely without principles and hungry for glory, who is only the tool of the Communists?

The answer is yes." He went on. "With regard to ... Eisenhower, it is difficult to avoid raising the question of deliberate treason."

I'm not surprised many people aren't familiar with it-- it rose to prominence some time ago, and while I may have missed it, I haven't seen any articles about it for many years! (Is anyone else here familiar with it?)

(Although it called itself a Conservative organization, many prominent Conservatives at the time did not agree with many of its ideas.)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @10    2 years ago

The truth only hurts for a little while.

There was no Trump/Russia collusion.

The CDC seldom gave us the data or represented "the science."

Green energy is still a long way off.

America is not a racist country.

Class dismissed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @10.2.1    2 years ago
Removed for context - sandy

hypocritical nonsense.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @10    2 years ago

Almost anything is better than the constant barrage of all Trump all the time.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.3    2 years ago

SCOOP : White House discussing sending Harris to Warsaw and Bucharest

FM8ytF6XMAMqnb1?format=jpg&name=small

http:// hill.cm/RJmPJ5v

"Warsaw is a city in a country called Poland."

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
10.3.2  Sunshine  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.3.1    2 years ago

What will she accomplish?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.3.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sunshine @10.3.2    2 years ago

Not a thing.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.3.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.3.1    2 years ago

She sure is an embarrassment.  

It doesn't really matter if she goes, they will send her back.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
10.3.5  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.3.4    2 years ago

They should drop her out of a B2 bomber on Moscow, that will surely end the war.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.3.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  Moose Knuckle @10.3.5    2 years ago

True, Putin will give up but only if we take her back.  We still end up with her.  She is like herpes, you can keep her quiet for awhile but she never actually goes away.  Come to think of it Hillary is the same.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.3.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.3    2 years ago

In all honesty, its not my fault if none of the right wingers on this site can make a credible case for their ideology. Its all pretty much blabber and delusions and people with mediocre abilities to express themselves. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.3.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @10.3.7    2 years ago

Now that is funny.  You looking in the mirror as you type that?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.3.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.3.8    2 years ago

That passes for wit in your mind. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.3.10  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @10.3.9    2 years ago

More of an observation.  And FYI I have been married for over 35 years and not even my wife believes she knows what is in my mind, so..........

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
10.3.11  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.3.10    2 years ago

My wife knows, "I've got my mind on money and money on my mind"

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
10.3.12  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sunshine @10.3.2    2 years ago

About the same thing she accomplished as border czar, absolutely zero!

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
10.3.13  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.3.6    2 years ago

She would say, "We are going to keep doing what we've been doing and that time is every day!"  Putin will realize he is out of his league and immediately withdraw if we are willing to take her back.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.3.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  Moose Knuckle @10.3.11    2 years ago

Shhhh, don't give away my secret.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.3.15  Right Down the Center  replied to  Moose Knuckle @10.3.13    2 years ago

I am glad I would not be the one making that decision, I am sure I would take her back but man oh man I would hate myself for it.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.3.16  Krishna  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.3    2 years ago
Almost anything is better than the constant barrage of all Trump all the time.

Almiost-- but not all! For example, I think the war crimes being committed by Putin's forces in the Ukraine are equally bad-- if not worse!

(.But maybe that's just me)

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
10.3.17  Right Down the Center  replied to  Krishna @10.3.16    2 years ago

Which is why I said almost

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
10.3.18  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @10.3.8    2 years ago

The right makes just as much a case as the left does. Not the right's fault that you refuse to listen or acknowledge them simply because you think only your views matter.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
10.3.19  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @10.3.18    2 years ago

This comment #10.3.18 was directed at post #10.3.7 by John and not you. My apologies.

squiggy
Junior Silent
10.3.20  squiggy  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.3.1    2 years ago

She’ll end up in Wisconsin.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

JUST IN: Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signed a bill into law banning trans girls and women from participating in women's sports — a law that applies to K-12, community colleges and schools in the NCAA or NAIA.

5cbCz8W4?format=jpg&name=small

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @11    2 years ago

more spackle needed, and a few clothespins for the back of her neck...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @11.1    2 years ago

Another typical misogynistic comment.

Surprise, surprise!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Governor DeSantis announces that global shipping company, Sea-Lead Shipping, is moving part of their operations from California to Jacksonville, Florida.

th?id=OIP.1bPPVNjG-efIlsKDXcUW5QHaD4&pid=Api&P=0&w=351&h=184

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    2 years ago

Big deal. DeSantos is a bully. 

If I ever spoke to students that way, I would have been fired. 

And if Biden had done that, you would have been all over him for infringing on rights.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1    2 years ago

We've all been lied to. Children shouldn't be lied to either.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.1    2 years ago

No, we haven't. Science evolves and that still doesn't excuse him from talking to those kids that way.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.2    2 years ago

It seems to evolve quickly when polls show democrats taking a beating over masks. And BTW if I was the principal, you wouldn't be fired for talking to the kids that way. Disciplined yes. Fired no.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.3    2 years ago

What polls? And it is not up to you who gets the ax or not. Despite what is being said in the press, it is the parents that do that. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.3    2 years ago

I really don't see anything wrong with what he said especially of bully  nature but I guess that's just me. What probably pissed him off a little more was the fact they were laughing at him. And I find that shit funny. LOL

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.4    2 years ago
What polls?

I thought you'd never ask:

The   Democratic Party   has dramatically pivoted on mask mandates as opinion polling suggests continued restrictions could spell political suicide ahead of the midterm elections.

Exactly one year after he said the lifting of mask mandates in Republican-led states amounted to "Neanderthal thinking,"   President Biden   gave his first State of the Union address Tuesday to a crowd of maskless Democrats who once led the way in backing lockdown orders and mandates over the course of the   COVID-19   pandemic.

"Americans can remove their masks, return to work, stay in the classroom and move forward safely," the president said Tuesday.

According to a   recent poll   by Monmouth University, 70% of Americans say it’s time for the country to move on from the pandemic, and a decreasing number of Americans support   COVID -related mandates. President   Biden’s   approval ratings on handling COVID, once a strength, are also underwater, according to the poll, with 43% approving and 53% disapproving.

Less than a month after that poll was released, Biden’s polling firm, Impact Research, reportedly issued a memo to Democrats saying they should "take credit for ending the COVID crisis phase of the COVID war" and "stop talking about restrictions."

"If we focus on how bad things still are and how much worse they could get, we set Democrats up as failures unable to navigate us through this," Impact Research’s Molly Murphy and Brian Stryker wrote in the Feb. 24 memo, which was first published by Punchbowl News. 

"When 99% of Americans can get vaccinated, we cause more harm than we prevent with voters by going into our third year talking about restrictions. And, if Democrats continue to hold a posture that prioritizes COVID precautions over learning how to live in a world where COVID exists, but does not dominate, they risk paying dearly for it in November."

Swing states like Michigan, Colorado and Pennsylvania were among the first Democrat-led states to loosen COVID-19 restrictions last year, as the party faces an uphill battle to hold onto its razor-thin majorities in the House and Senate this November.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, who is up for reelection this year, implemented some of the strictest COVID-19 orders in the country in 2020, including banning travel between two residences and the selling of non-essential goods. She lifted most of her restrictions last summer and has since pushed vaccinations as the best way to slow the spread. 

Colorado Gov. Jared Polis, who is also up for reelection, has taken a similar approach and refused to implement any new mandates.

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, who is unable to run again this year, leaving his seat up for grabs, said in December, "Local municipalities, as you know, I think ought to be free to do with what they want," echoing what many Republicans like Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis have been vilified for saying for the past two years.
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy, a Democrat who barely eked out a win in the reliably blue Garden State in November, lifted his school mask mandate in February after the surge in Omicron variant cases declined, and Democratic governors in California, Delaware, Oregon, Connecticut and New York quickly followed course. 

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.7  JBB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.4    2 years ago

A lot of what the far rightwing believes about Covid, masks, vaccines etc is "Rural Legend"...

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.8  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.6    2 years ago

Where is the poll saying masks are so hated?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.5    2 years ago

Have you never been around teens? He first told them to take it off. He had no right to do that. Then they giggled. That is a nervous giggle that teens do when being confronted by authority. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.5    2 years ago

The question is did the kids decide to wear the masks on their own or did somebody tell them?

Last night Ron DeSantis told Tucker Carlson that the kids were told to wear them.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @12.1.8    2 years ago
Where is the poll saying masks are so hated?

According to a      recent poll      by Monmouth University, 70% of Americans say it’s time for the country to move on from the pandemic, and a decreasing number of Americans support      COVID  -related mandates. 

And as you saw during the SOTU address, not a single democrat was wearing one!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JBB @12.1.8    2 years ago

Not according to Newsweek:

Amajority of Americans still support mask mandates even as states continue to relax their rules regarding masking, according to a new poll on Sunday.

Masking requirements have long been a point of contention throughout the pandemic. The relaxed rules for indoor venues and schools come as COVID-19 cases in the United States dropped significantly since peaking earlier in the winter during the Omicron surge.

But the   CBS   News-YouGov poll found that most Americans still support mask requirements for indoor venues.

btw, I wear a mask in crowded situations indoors. And there is not a single doctors office that you can walk into that doesn't require it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.9    2 years ago
Then they giggled.

I know and I thought it was funny that they giggled. And yes I have been around three of them in my home but they are all grown now. Prior to that, I was one once upon a time.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.14  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.10    2 years ago
Last night Ron DeSantis told Tucker Carlson that the kids were told to wear them.

Let him prove that, because a mom that is immunocompromised and had the only kid who removed the mask, was pretty ticked off this morning.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.13    2 years ago

But Jim, then he wasn't pissed off because they giggled, since he admonished them before they giggled.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.16  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.6    2 years ago
Exactly one year after he said the lifting of mask mandates in Republican-led states amounted to "Neanderthal thinking,"   President Biden   gave his first State of the Union address Tuesday to a crowd of maskless Democrats who once led the way in backing lockdown orders

Those with more than half a brain know that just because there can be one recommendation a year ago based on the statistics that will undoubtedly change a year later as we get better data, better methods for dealing with the outbreak, new treatments and reduced infection rates. Only a complete fucking moron would try and blame those supporting recommended safety measure a year ago for now embracing vaccinations and a return to a semblance of normal.

"Swing states like Michigan, Colorado and Pennsylvania were among the first Democrat-led states to loosen COVID-19 restrictions last year, as the party faces an uphill battle to hold onto its razor-thin majorities in the House and Senate this November."

Is there a political component to their decisions? Of course! That's what politicians do, they weight their actions based on their constituents expected reaction. Every party does it, every party has to make "political calculations" but Fox is making it seem like Democrats doing such a thing is somehow shameful. What a bunch of fucking useless hypocrites.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.12    2 years ago

I guess the democrats aren't buying the CBS Poll. They are running from it - except for the Teacher's Union. They still want children masked!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.17    2 years ago

As does the CDC in crowded indoor situations.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.19  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12.1.16    2 years ago
Those with more than half a brain know that just because there can be one recommendation a year ago based on the statistics might change a year later as we get better data,

Bull Shit!  We haven't been getting "data!"  What we got is polls that show Americans have moved on, democrat governors have moved on and even the politicized CDC announced that it's time to move on Friday.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.18    2 years ago

The CDC does what they are told.

Perrie, do you remember when the Teacher's Union wrote a statement for the CDC website?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.21  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.15    2 years ago

I'm just saying the giggle probably didn't help his demeanor going forward is all. And all he said prior to the giggle was "You do not have to wear those masks, please take them off." ***giggle ensued*** "Honestly it's not doing anything. We've got to stop with this Covid theater."

I just think too much poutrage over this. But again, that's just me.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.1.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.20    2 years ago

so Fauci was told by Trump...?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.21    2 years ago

I stopped wearing my mask Friday after that CDC announcement. Then when I saw the democrats all unmasked during the SOTU, I thought to myself, they made fools out of the entire country.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.1.22    2 years ago

Obviously not.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.25  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @12.1.21    2 years ago

And yet if Biden did that, you all would be all over him. But then again, maybe it's just me.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.1.26  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.24    2 years ago

well, who then ?

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.27  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.25    2 years ago

Biden would have been all over the kids, sniffing and touching them inappropriately. 

"Hey kids the CDC says you can take off your pants"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.1.26    2 years ago

Who what?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.29  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.27    2 years ago

I don't know if she'll see much humor in that.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.30  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.29    2 years ago

There wasn't any humor in the comment.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.31  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.30    2 years ago

I guess I may be the only one laughing.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.32  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.20    2 years ago

I don't speak for the teacher's union. And as far as I know, they wrote the CDC about their concerns and not the other way around. There was a meeting of which no one knows what was said, according to Bloomberg. It might have influenced the outcome, but they didn't write it either.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.33  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.25    2 years ago
And yet if Biden did that, you all would be all over him.

I really don't think so. As I said. Much ado about nothing to me. And if Mr. Biden had said it, I would feel the same if ANYONE got pissed about it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.34  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.30    2 years ago

There was no humor and I am not surprised by the comment.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.35  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.32    2 years ago
It might have influenced the outcome

Um-hum.

Very good!  I think we made some progress today.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.1.36  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.28    2 years ago

Who's on First Vic, but i wouldn't let Bullwinkle get to second, you wont be able to resist. 

Who was giving Fauci the orders, thats who !

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.37  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.1.36    2 years ago
Who was giving Fauci the orders, thats who

Nobody. Fauci gave the advice and the President followed it.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.38  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.32    2 years ago

The government also advises to wear a mask in the even of a nuclear war.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.1.39  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.38    2 years ago

only if a nuclear strike occurs on Halloween

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.40  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.38    2 years ago

Maybe you should actually read the report from 2013.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.41  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.1.39    2 years ago

And what would it be like if they told Biden, we were unprepared...we don't have any gas masks, we have no test kits and no ventilators.

I'm sure Biden would say "IT"S THEIR FAULT!"

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.42  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.40    2 years ago

I read everything because I want to protect myself in case NATO screws up. I bought Iodine tablets on Amazon but the Dupont radiation suits are too expensive so I plan on using a raincoat from Walmart with duct tape.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.1.43  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.37    2 years ago
Nobody. Fauci gave the advice and the President followed it.

i sorta remember, during the same damn press conference, Lysol Liar 

hair and heavy pants on fire, having to be corrected by Fauci , and or others

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.44  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.1.43    2 years ago

Is that what you remember?  I guess you missed where Fauci first said there is nothing to worry about, then said masks are useless, then said wear masks, then asked the President to shut down the US economy, first for two weeks, then for months, which the President did and then when the President ordered an unhindered drive to develop a vaccine in record time, Fauci said it couldn't be done that fast.

You missed a lot!

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.45  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.44    2 years ago

I wore a mask simply to show I am obedient to my government and gain social acceptance from my friends. Even though science showed they didn't really work.

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.46  JBB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.34    2 years ago

Falsely accusing the leader of the free world of harming kids is hilarious, to our enemies...

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.47  Moose Knuckle  replied to  JBB @12.1.46    2 years ago

Should I be arrested for it?

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.48  JBB  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.45    2 years ago

Please show scientific evidence masks were completely ineffective. That they are useless.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.49  devangelical  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.47    2 years ago

projection isn't a crime.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.50  Moose Knuckle  replied to  devangelical @12.1.49    2 years ago

I guess that is lucky for you isn't it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.51  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1    2 years ago

He actually sounded pissed at those kids. What a dickhead. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
12.1.52  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.50    2 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
12.1.53  JBB  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.47    2 years ago

I don't know. Were you motivated by malice?

If so, then you should be sued for damages...

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.54  Moose Knuckle  replied to  JBB @12.1.48    2 years ago
Please show scientific evidence masks were completely ineffective. That they are useless.

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.55  devangelical  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.50    2 years ago

uh, I'm not the one projecting...

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.56  Moose Knuckle  replied to  JBB @12.1.53    2 years ago

How many sense do I owe you?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.57  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.54    2 years ago

That was a mixed report. If mask wearing was not helpful in reducing infection, then we have no risk, yet all doctor's offices require them and doctors always wear them during surgery.

Oh and btw:

Surgical masks reduce COVID-19 spread, large-scale study shows

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.58  Texan1211  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.56    2 years ago
How many sense do I owe you?

Please donate all you can. It is going to a worthy cause!

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12.1.59  Moose Knuckle  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1.57    2 years ago

Look i am not opposed to masks entirely, I do wear underwear and think other people should too.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12.1.60  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.59    2 years ago

Fair enough.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.1.61  bugsy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @12.1    2 years ago

DeSantis said nothing wrong, and no, you would not have been fired because you were probably in a union that protects teachers when they do "bad" things.

DeSantis gave these kids an option to take off the mask, not demanding they take them off.

The ironic thing is....the mother of one of the kids did an interview complaining about DeSantis...maskless....while her child stood right next to her...with a mask on. Left wing hypocrisy.

Krishna
Professor Expert
12.1.62  Krishna  replied to  Moose Knuckle @12.1.42    2 years ago
I bought Iodine tablets on Amazon

f there's a nuclear war, Iodine tablets aren't going to protect.

(They slow the absorption of an isotope (I-131 IIRC) but there areothers that are dangerous.

(To say nothing ofthe fact that they don't protect from a blast...etc, etc.

Its kinda like taking cvitamins to protect from Covid...

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
13  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Yes, the neoliberals of the west are fighting a war on two fronts.  Neoliberals finally have the war with Russia they've been dreaming about; using a proxy state to do the actual fighting.  But the unintended consequence is that nationalism is on the march.  Volodymyr Zelensky has emerged as the modern face of ultra-nationalism with a simple, straightforward message.  Zelensky's message is very similar to one we've heard before.   “And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”  Neoliberal Europe has suddenly become very, very focused on national sovereignty.  And, true to form, European countries are trying to find someone else to pay for it.

Russia has only now begun to really fight.  By the end of the second week of operations we should have a clearer picture of Russia's intentions.  At present it still looks like Russia is pushing for a partitioned Ukraine with the Dnieper River as the boundary.  The reports of heaviest fighting have been coming from eastern Ukraine.  There are reports that men in Donetsk and Luhansk are being conscripted.  The Zelensky government is pushing a narrative of Russian atrocities, attacks on civilians, and war crimes.  But the west providing advanced portable weapons along with the Zelensky government arming civilians means everything is a military target.  Zelensky is fighting a propaganda war that can only succeed by shaping public attitudes and opinion in Europe and the United States.  And Zelensky's propaganda message has been ultra-nationalist.

President Biden's SOTU address was a strange bit of political theater.  Did anyone notice the influence of the MAGA movement on the overall themes of the SOTU?  Biden certainly avoided any sort of isolationist rhetoric but Biden did, at least, hint at the risks and dangers of global interdependence.  Manufacturing and (not surprisingly) blue collar union labor was much more prominent than is usual for Democrat political messaging.  And the typical Democrat demagoguery on cultural and racial issues was rather muted.  The fearmongering over the pandemic, climate change, guns, and big bad business consisted mostly of mere political fluff delivered out of habit.  Biden's regurgitation of the kitchen sink Build Back Better points didn't seem directed at anyone in particular.  Biden wasn't trying to sell the public on the spending bill and Biden wasn't trying to build enthusiasm for Congressional action.  Biden only delivered a laundry list of pieces of failed legislation that isn't going to be revived.  Biden may have only been avoiding blame for that failure by feeding talking points to a compliant press.  The overall take away from Biden's SOTU address is that neoliberalism is on the wane and politics is recalibrating around MAGA political ideas.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Nerm_L @13    2 years ago

Weren't Lindsey Graham & John McCain in Ukraine in December of 2016 preparing for a proxy war with Russia?  What happened to that?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
13.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Vic Eldred @13.1    2 years ago
Weren't Lindsey Graham & John McCain in Ukraine in December of 2016 preparing for a proxy war with Russia?  What happened to that?

That one I don't recall (and ain't gonna look up).  The 2014 popular uprising and overthrow of the Yanukovych government was about becoming part of the European Union.  The United States and Europe has been pushing Ukraine to join NATO; likely as a precondition for membership in the EU.  Defense industries are a significant portion of the Ukrainian economy.  And Ukraine's defense industries have been as corrupt as other players in their economy.

Ukraine supplied military arms to various regimes in the Middle East.  Iraq, Iran, and Syria have all purchased arms and munitions from Ukraine.  Obviously membership in NATO would provide a way to curtail Ukraine selling arms to who we were fighting.  Membership in the EU wouldn't provide leverage to curtail those arms sales; the United States isn't a member of the EU.

Russia was a big market for Ukrainian arms manufacturers.  Russia stopped buying Ukrainian arms before 2010 when disputes over natural gas arose.  Ukraine has been trying to move into the western markets to replace the Russian market.  Ukraine abandoned the Soviet Union in the 1990s and is responsible for the ultimate collapse of the Soviet Union.  Russia doesn't trust Ukraine for obvious reasons.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
14  Moose Knuckle    2 years ago

It's shocking to find out the entire plan for the Green new deal was to end domestic oil exploration and production and make our country beg for oil from dictators and terrorists.

Russia invades Ukraine and the Biden administration is now using Russia to broker another bad deal with Iran so we can fund "Death To America and Israel" along with death to Ukraine.

Total Clown world!

Meanwhile all those that support this administration change their profiles to Ukraine flags to support Neo Nazi militias and corruption against our enemy who we depend on for oil.

You can't make this shit up. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
14.1  pat wilson  replied to  Moose Knuckle @14    2 years ago
You can't make this shit up.

You just did.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
14.1.1  Moose Knuckle  replied to  pat wilson @14.1    2 years ago

All verifiable in the MSM.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
14.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  Moose Knuckle @14.1.1    2 years ago

Links, please.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
14.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  pat wilson @14.1.2    2 years ago
Biden administration is now using Russia to broker another bad deal with Iran

"President Joe Biden’s team has been engaged in negotiations to revive the Iran nuclear deal, to which Moscow is a party. Progress on the talks has been slow, and   Russia   has invaded Ukraine over U.S. and Western objections."

"Well, I think it's not about trust in any of these negotiations or discussions,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki  said. “It's about verifying and trusting later, including with the Iranians."
Russia is relaunching a plan to bring Iran and Saudi Arabia together under a pan-Persian Gulf security agreement. President Joe Biden 's administration, at odds with the Kremlin on various fronts, doesn't appear opposed to the proposal.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
14.1.4  pat wilson  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.3    2 years ago

Thanks but I'll wait for actual applicable links from Fish Knuckle.

Krishna
Professor Expert
14.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @14.1.3    2 years ago
bring Iran and Saudi Arabia together under a pan-Persian Gulf security agreement.

WTF?

That comment would make as much sense as saying they're going to bring Iran and Israel together--under some sort of  Pan-Middle-Eastern Security Agreement!

In other words-- total nonsense...

Doesn't he realize that Iran is a militanity Schiite country-- andthe Saudis  are militantly Sunni?

(To say nothing of the fact that Saudi Arabia is in a deadly war with Iran!!!

(A war between the Sunni Saudis and the Iranian(Shia) backed Houthis. The Houthis are occasionally firing missiles into SA ,,, the Iranians are supply weapons to the Houthis to use against Saudi cities..

squiggy
Junior Silent
14.1.6  squiggy  replied to  pat wilson @14.1.2    2 years ago

Can’t find MSM?

Krishna
Professor Expert
14.2  Krishna  replied to  Moose Knuckle @14    2 years ago
to support Neo Nazi militias

You are falling for Putin's propaganda (among other lies, he's claiming Russia is fighting a Nazi led country (Ukraine)-- kinda ironic considering Zalensky is a Jew!

Krishna
Professor Expert
14.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @14.2    2 years ago

You are falling for Putin's propaganda (among other lies, he's claiming Russia is fighting a Nazi led country (Ukraine)-- kinda ironic considering Zalensky is a Jew!

And that The site of Babyn Yar, Europe's largest mass grave for victims of the Holocaust, was struck by Russian missiles

Sheesh-- its no wonder that I find myself spending more and more time on Twitter...and am tranitioning towards spending less time on other social media sites.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
15  XXJefferson51    2 years ago

Redding’s Sundial Bridge to light up in Ukrainian flag colors

REDDING, Calif.
- The Redding City Council approved changing the lights on the Sundial Bridge to show solidarity with Ukraine.

Starting next Monday evening, it will be lit up in blue and yellow, the colors of Ukraine's flag.

The vote was unanimous and came during a special meeting Friday morning.

The community services director said it was prompted by requests from community members.

https://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/local/redding-s-sundial-bridge-to-light-up-in-ukrainian-flag-colors/article_f9ed3d6a-9c18-11ec-a2e0-ebd6b3eb8a85.html