╌>

Greg Gutfeld on War in Ukraine: 'It's Not as Clear as That'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  27 comments

By:   Michael Luciano (Mediaite)

Greg Gutfeld on War in Ukraine: 'It's Not as Clear as That'
Greg Gutfeld took issue with the prevailing media coverage of Russia's ongoing war in Ukraine on Tuesday's edition of The Five. During a discussion about the Russian invasion, Geraldo Rivera turned to him and said, "I sense, Greg, in you a conflict - that you're not convinced with the prevailing narrative."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Michael LucianoMar 8th, 2022, 7:09 pm Twitter share button <?php // Post Body ?>

Greg Gutfeld took issue with the prevailing media coverage of Russia's ongoing war in Ukraine on Tuesday's edition of The Five.

During a discussion about the Russian invasion, Geraldo Rivera turned to him and said, "I sense, Greg, in you a conflict - that you're not convinced with the prevailing narrative."

"That's a pretty good assessment," Gutfeld replied. He continued,

I can feel the galvanizing force of these stories that kind of, have sped up and are accumulating to create a narrative. And they only go in one direction. And I understand why they only go in one direction, because it's the invaded who experience the atrocity, right? And that's all we're going to see. However, I can't help but feel that this is a lot like other stories that we've gone through in the digital age in which an image is taken and then played over and over and over again to create some kind of emotional response out of you, because that makes a profit for news companies.

[…]

There are crises like this that has happened for thousands of years and nobody knew. We just didn't know, but now we see it. The bad part about is, there is this galvanizing kind of narrative that is there to create a reaction, and if somebody like me says, "Hold on a second, and you try to counter the drum beat, you're seen as an inconsiderate, cold-hearted pussy. But if you amplify that story, why can't up you be called pro-war?

If you want to push this stuff why can't I call you pro-war? We're stuck in the prison of two ideas right now, where its you either gotta be one way or you gotta be the other. It's not as clear as that. It's somewhere in the middle and just saying that you have to do something is not enough.

Rivera referenced the viral photo of the Ukrainian family killed by Russian forces.

"I cannot forget Lynsey Addario's photo of those two dead little children," he said.

"Unfortunately, we forget a lot of things that happen here," Gutfeld shot back.

Last week Gutfeld announced on air that his mother-in-law had finally escaped Ukraine and arrived in Warsaw, Poland.

Watch above via Fox News.

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under: greg gutfeldRussiaUkraine Previous PostNext Post Previous PostNext Post

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Too much hemming and hawing. He wants to be blase about 10 or 20,0000 deaths among the civilians , but he doesnt want to clearly say it. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    2 years ago

Gutfeld is a Putin pawn.  His only purpose is to shield the autocracies.  That is why he is paid.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

Greg often talks about a prison of ideas in the context things are almost never as black and white as people would like to make them out to be.  Generally speaking he is correct.  He never said he agreed with what Putin is doing, he never said there were not atrocities being done   His issue has always been with the way the media tries to create a narrative, not just report.  This article is a good example of trying to create a narrative about Greg while taking what he said out of context and not fully reporting what was said and in what context.  In this case I saw him when he said it and what is written here is not at all what from I took away from the actual event.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    2 years ago

Wow! That is deep as Gutfeld, as a mud puddle...

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.1.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @3.1    2 years ago

Sorry if you don't get it [Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    2 years ago

you are hemming and hawing almost as much as gutfeld did !

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    2 years ago

[Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.2  JBB  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.2.1    2 years ago

Cable news ratings don't mean shit with less than one percent watching the highest rated.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.2.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @3.2.2    2 years ago

You might be right.  If ratings meant alot both CNN and MSNBC would be off the air by now.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Right Down the Center @3    2 years ago

Right Down the Center, IMO you ARE right down the centre, and I see nothing wrong with knowing both sides now (thank you Joni) and NOT indicating who is right and who is wrong, because there are ALWAYS two sides to a story.  The world misses Paul Harvey, doesn't it?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.3    2 years ago
Right Down the Center, IMO you ARE right down the centre,

lol Buzz, maybe you can guest on Gutfeld's show. You do express a comedic viewpoint here.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.3.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.1    2 years ago

I’ve been wondering about that screen name for a while now.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.3.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.3    2 years ago

Too many people seem to forget there are two sides to every story and they feel they are always right and the other guy is always wrong.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.3.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Right Down the Center @3.3.3    2 years ago
Too many people see to forget there are two sides to every story

make that 3 sides to every story , 

you have side A's story 

Side B's story 

and somewhere in between the truth .

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
3.3.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.3.4    2 years ago

I agree.  Unfortunately it is hard enough trying to get many people to believe there are two sides to a story that I am afraid adding a third would cause heads to explode.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.3.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Right Down the Center @3.3.5    2 years ago
"...it is hard enough trying to get many people to believe there are two sides to a story..."

I learned long ago that it's a thankless job here.  I'll tell my story to you since finally I've found someone who is capable of realizing that everyone sticks to their own agenda here without budging.

On my first day on my first year in Law School the Dean delivered the first lecture.  What he told us was that if we were incapable of or unwilling to realize and to learn our opponent's side of whatever issue we are dealing with, and be able to argue his side just as well as our own, we might just as well walk out that door and never come back.

Recently I changed my avatar to "Devil's Advocate" because so often I find myself on the other side of the majority opinion here.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.3.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @3.3.1    2 years ago

You pay my travel and lodging expenses and I'll do it.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    2 years ago

Gutfeld is not an expert on anything except being a failed comedian with a hack opinion show on FOX...

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago

Although he does not claim to be an expert,  ratings of his late night show seem to say he is fun to watch.  Then again he is on the same time as real failed comedians turned DNC spokesmen..

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1    2 years ago

Kimmel , Colbert, and Fallon all directly compete with each other. Greg Gutfeld doesnt compete with any of them. Anyone who would watch Gutfeld instead of , say, Jimmy Kimmel, wants to watch a conservative show. Of which there is only one of that type. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 years ago

Or just someone that doesn't find any of the 3 supposed comedians BS fun. Heaven forbid someone have an opinion different than a leftist.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.2    2 years ago

Johnny Carson would be rolling over in his grave if he saw what they have done to late night shows.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 years ago
Kimmel , Colbert, and Fallon all directly compete with each other.

Competing to see which one is the least entertaining it seems.  Too close to call for the least entertaining, my vote is for Fallon being the most entertaining. He seems like he is at least trying to be amusing sometimes.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
5  Steve Ott    2 years ago

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Steve Ott @5    2 years ago

Gutfeld is trying to create a laughably false narrative about narratives.  This is par for the course on Fox.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
5.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Steve Ott @5    2 years ago

That is fine, differing points of view is good.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
6  Steve Ott    2 years ago

I tried to watch gutless gutfeld one time. I'm still waiting for him to do comedy.