╌>

Erstwhile Trumpster Lackey Mo Brooks Flips On Trump

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  53 comments

Erstwhile Trumpster Lackey Mo Brooks Flips On Trump

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Statement by Mo Brooks

Mar 23 , 2022

It’s disappointing that, just like in 2017, President Trump lets Mitch McConnell manipulate him again. Every single negative TV ad against our campaign has come from McConnell and his allies. I wish President Trump wouldn’t fall for McConnell’s ploys, but, once again, he has.

I have not changed. I am the only proven America First candidate in this Senate race. I am the only candidate who fought voter fraud and election theft when it counted, between November 3 and January 6.

I repeat what has prompted President Trump’s ire. The only legal way America can prevent 2020’s election debacle is for patriotic Americans to focus on and win the 2022 and 2024 elections so that we have the power to enact laws that give us honest and accurate elections.

President Trump asked me to rescind the 2020 elections, immediately remove Joe Biden from the White House, immediately put President Trump back in the White House, and hold a new special election for the presidency. As a lawyer, I’ve repeatedly advised President Trump that January 6 was the final election contest verdict and neither the U.S. Constitution nor the U.S. Code permit what President Trump asks. Period.

I’ve told President Trump the truth knowing full well that it might cause President Trump to rescind his endorsement. But I took a sworn oath to defend and protect the U.S. Constitution. I honor my oath. That is the way I am. I break my sworn oath for no man.

I’m still the most conservative candidate in the race. Katie Britt’s campaign is supported and funded by McConnell allies, and she’s still a high taxing, open borders, cheap foreign labor, Chamber of Commerce lobbyist.

There’s only one conservative option in this race, and I am confident that the people of Alabama will see that on Election Day.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 years ago

This is the core portion of a   statement   just released by Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), one of ex-President Trump’s most ardent Big Lie supporters, after Trump   pulled his endorsement . It’s an astonishing statement.

President Trump asked me to rescind the 2020 elections, immediately remove Joe Biden from the White House, immediately put President Trump back in the White House, and hold a new special election for the presidency. As a lawyer, I’ve repeatedly advised President Trump that January 6 was the final election contest verdict and neither the U.S. Constitution nor the U.S. Code permit what President Trump asks. Period.

It’s definitional sedition.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

I hope Brooks has some proof of what trmp wanted him to do

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    2 years ago

That's why they're having this attack ad on Mo Brooks now - I see it most nights on TV.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    2 years ago

I think that Brooks is saying that is what Trump wanted all Republicans and all of his supporters to do as a group. I dont know of any authority Brooks would have to try and do any of that on his own. 

Still , it demonstrates that even Trump's most ardent elected supporters completely realized the sham he was trying to effect and that he was trying to steal the election. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    2 years ago

Trump made this statement today:

"When I heard his statement, I said, 'Mo, you just blew the Election, and there’s nothing you can do about it,'" Trump said. "Very sad but, since he decided to go in another direction, so have I, and I am hereby withdrawing my Endorsement of Mo Brooks for the Senate."

The statement was made in response to Mo Brooks saying this:  

The only legal way America can prevent 2020’s election debacle is for patriotic Americans to focus on and win the 2022 and 2024 elections so that we have the power to enact laws that give us honest and accurate elections...

source

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    2 years ago

Wonder why in the world they are showing attack ads for an Alabama Senator wannabe in your neck of the woods? Extremely odd not to mention a waste of money.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.4    2 years ago

Are you calling me a liar?

Sure sounds like it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.4    2 years ago

Exactly what I was thinking--when does a Senator candidate run ads outside of his own state?

Makes ZERO sense and I would actually have to SEE it to believe it.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    2 years ago

Nope just curious. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    2 years ago

[deleted]

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.5    2 years ago
Are you calling me a liar?

Can you blame then? 

Seriously you only have 3 channels on that black and white television, and all 3 are shown through local affiliates.  jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

It's not like there are television channels that broadcast to the entire nation as a whole.  Next you'll be claiming that we've been to the moon, or taken pictures of a blackhole......sheesh!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.9    2 years ago
Can you blame then? 

Not at all.

Seriously you only have 3 channels on that black and white television, and all 3 are shown through local affiliates.

Apparently that old tv gets political ads from other states, even though it is just local affiliates!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.9    2 years ago

Another one chimes in. Why in  the hell would anyone run an attack ad nationwide when it is just a matter that should affect people in Alabama? Makes NO sense nor is it a good use of $$$$. How many cable channels do you think originate in Alabama and go OUTSIDE of the Alabama market. ESPECIALLY the East Coast.

SMH

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.4    2 years ago

I see stuff on cable that has nothing to do with my area

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.12    2 years ago

Political ads with nothing to do with your area? I could buy that if it was coming from one of your immediate neighboring states but from Alabama to the East Coast? Especially the very blue East Coast? Stranger things have happened I guess.

Still SMH

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.13    2 years ago

Why are you bringing this up? Is it because you like to torture Tessy?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.14    2 years ago

I thought it was fucking odd okay? Why does there always have to be a goddamned underlying nefarious reason? I know, as do you, where she lives and found it odd as stated.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.12    2 years ago

Same here. They took some channels away but for the longest time one station was from New Orleans, one station was from Mobile, etc.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.15    2 years ago

Because it's what you and some others do. You just pick and pick at her. She could say the sky is blue and you would argue and say it's azure.

And that's an observation of my own

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.17    2 years ago

If you had said the same thing about an ad coming from Wyoming about slamming a Senator, I would have asked the same thing. Don't give me that victim bullshit with that one.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.18    2 years ago

And I would have told you who asked you? You worry too much about piddling little shit like ads being shown across the country. Who cares? Are you paying for those ads?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.11    2 years ago
Why in  the hell would anyone run an attack ad nationwide when it is just a matter that should affect people in Alabama?

Unless you are claiming that nobody in Alabama watchs HGTV, Syfy, FoxNews, ESPN, or any other nationally broadcast channel, your question is naïve at best. Have you never seen local commercials on those channels? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Ozzwald  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.17    2 years ago
Because it's what you and some others do. You just pick and pick at her.

I know this is off-topic, but can you tell me the definition of an internet troll?  I have been wondering about that for quite a while.  

P.S. I deny that this question is related to anything or ANYONE in this comment thread.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.20    2 years ago

Yep see a lot of them on those channels in my market area showing local business/political ads however, Alabama is NOT local to Maryland last I checked.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.18    2 years ago
Don't give me that victim bullshit with that one.

Too late.

Once a "victim", always a victim.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.12    2 years ago

deleted

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.14    2 years ago

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.21    2 years ago

I don't have the official definition but my definition is someone who asks meaningless questions, won't answer questions put to them and generally makes a nuisance of themselves by constantly trying to get the last word

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.27  Ozzwald  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.26    2 years ago
I don't have the official definition but my definition is someone who asks meaningless questions, won't answer questions put to them and generally makes a nuisance of themselves by constantly trying to get the last word

Do they also butt into other conversations without adding any meaningful dialog?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.27    2 years ago

Why yes they do.

I think this merits a Meta article on What is the Definition of a Troll

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.29  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.28    2 years ago

Make it Heated Debate so I can participate...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.30  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @1.1.29    2 years ago

I put it in Metafied. I don't know if I can post the same article in HD.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.31  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.26    2 years ago

I agree with your definition, but these trolls here also suffer from not being able to explain their positions on issues because they are lazy and dont know the pertinent information. They want to comment anyway which is where the trolling comes in. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.32  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.30    2 years ago
I put it in Metafied. I don't know if I can post the same article in HD.

I think you can copy and paste it. I know posting the same article twice on the main forum is not allowed but in those groups I dont see what the objection would be. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.33  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.32    2 years ago

Ok thanks I will do that

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.34  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.31    2 years ago
but these trolls here also suffer from not being able to explain their positions on issues because they are lazy and dont know the pertinent information.

Is it, unable to explain, or unwilling to explain?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.35  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.34    2 years ago

Oh both I suppose. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.36  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.24    2 years ago

[deleted]

evilone
Professor Guide
1.2  evilone  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

And then Trump promptly rescinded his endorsement of Brooks' reelection.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  evilone @1.2    2 years ago

Once again, Donald Trump fails on his promise to hire only the best.  One minute Mo is Trump’s special guest speaker on Jan. 6, the next he’s just another in the long line of losers that slipped by Trump’s superior hiring instincts.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Ender  replied to  evilone @1.2    2 years ago

I get a feeling that was the only reason he made the statement. For re-election.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @1.2    2 years ago

I wonder how Brooks supporters will take that?

Here in Arkansas, John Boozeman is running for re-election to the US Senate. His ads state that he is the only endorsed trmp candidate for senate.That will probably get Boozeman re-elected. In a state like Alabama which is not much different politically than Arkansas I wonder how that will play out.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.2.4  evilone  replied to  Ender @1.2.2    2 years ago
I get a feeling that was the only reason he made the statement. For re-election.

He is losing in the polls.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @1.2.4    2 years ago

Against a democrat????

Never mind I forgot it was primary season He is tanking against some guy named Mike Durant

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.5    2 years ago

They did elect a Democrat a couple of years ago. I think he was ousted with the trump wave.

He was an actual nice person. Of course lasted not even one whole term I think.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @1.2.6    2 years ago

I think his name was Doug Jones

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.7    2 years ago

Yep, thanks. I liked him. He was a decent person. Of course decent people don't last in politics.

Ender
Professor Principal
2  Ender    2 years ago

Aww, so sad to see scumbags turn on each other...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @2    2 years ago

We need a mud pool for them to slither around in

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    2 years ago

The consistency of gop is akin to a cesspool...

Those mired in gop should try to get out of it!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @2.1.1    2 years ago

Ok. We'll make it a giant litter box complete with tootsie rolls and yellow clumps

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.2    2 years ago

Mud's not good enough for those scum bags.

jbb's got it right!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     2 years ago

Ahhh, poor Mo. No more money for you Mo.